• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

Don't we all?
Not me... I love autocorrect because I spell words wrong all the time on my cell phone. 90% of the tine its due to the fact that I accidentally click the wrong letter when I'm speed typing or too lazy to click apostrophes...

I do hate autocorrect when I'm typing martial arts related stuff because autocorrect changes stuff like bagua to bogus or tai chi to tail chill...

Name: Seto Kaiba
Franchise from: Yu-Gi-Oh!
First appearance: The Heart of the Cards, episode 1 of the anime
Likes: Beef fillet, Filet Mignon with Foie Gras sauce, card games, dragons, his brother Mokuba
Dislikes: Oden, Joey Wheeler, having to work together, other people using his cards.

He will have three Monster Cards he can summon who share a lifebar, and three Spell Cards who serve as attacks. His monsters are Saggi the Dark Clown, Battle Ox and Blue Eyes White Dragon (duh), and his spells are Negative Energy Generator, A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon and Burst Stream of Destruction. The attack and defense points of the cards are gone, since I'll try my best to scale them to the rest of the cast. If anyone has any issues with this, let me know.
I....don’t know how to take that
What? It's true

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
dangit, was gonna take Paps but then I saw he was taken... looks like I'm gonna be the one with the cliche choice
Name: Sans
Franchise from: Undertale
First appearance: Undertale (unless you count Deltarune as a prequel)
Dislikes: People insulting his brother

Name: Aurora
Franchise from: Child of Light
First appearance: "Child of Light"
Dislikes: Unknown
Note: She speaks in a very proper manner and hails from an older time period.

Name: Flowey (OR IS IT?)
First appearance: Undertale
Age: Unknown. He's technically a child but he sure as heck doesn't act like one.
Likes: Nothing except murdering people and taking their souls
Dislikes: Everything and everyone

I really wanna make Reigen or Mob for Mob Psycho 100, but I feel one will be too op while other is too weak.
Agree... Reigen is op ,but mob being too weak? I mean...
a9281a3ad3181a718380451a735b7d523c8e51cd_hq.gif

I still think mob would do fine.

Sidenote: it would be funny if mob, reigen, saitama ,and geno's were just sitting in the bleachers watching the matches...

Likes: Beef fillet, Filet Mignon with Foie Gras sauce, card games, dragons, his brother Mokuba
Dislikes: Oden, Joey Wheeler, having to work together, other people using his cards.

Seto Kaiba will need to arrive on the scene with that dragon jet ,and easily make the greatest entrance with his jetpack too.
tumblr_m6ej39FcmA1rqp6teo1_r1_500.gifv

"Did someone say dragon? *****es love dragons" - Seto Kaiba

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Okay I swear this is my last addition. He came to mind and I figured I'd add him in

Name: Robin (Damian Wayne)

Franchise from: DC Comics

First appearance: Batman #655

Dislikes: Criminals, Weaklings, Idiots.
Love you some DC eh? Alrighty then, accepted!

He will have three Monster Cards he can summon who share a lifebar, and three Spell Cards who serve as attacks. His monsters are Saggi the Dark Clown, Battle Ox and Blue Eyes White Dragon (duh), and his spells are Negative Energy, A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon and Burst Stream of Destruction. The attack and defense points of the cards are gone, since I'll try my best to scale them to the rest of the cast. If anyone has any issues with this, let me know.

What? It's true
Screw the rules, you are accepted!
dangit, was gonna take Paps but then I saw he was taken... looks like I'm gonna be the one with the cliche choice

Age: Unknown. He's technically a child but he sure as heck doesn't act like one.

Ohhhh boi. Here comes sans lol. Buuuut these three are accepted

Awesome! We now have 40 characters

Screw the rules, you are accepted!
Or in the words of episode 35 Kaiba: Your acceptation makes a nonsense of the regulations!

Memes aside, do tell me once it gets too much. I'd like to say that I can handle power, but having a giant dragon makes it harder to stay fair. How are tribute summons and spell cards treated? Do I have to wait until I get attacked to summon a second monster and then another attack to tribute summon? And are the spell cards one time only or not?

That would make a great conversation...

Ron: I heard you lost your parents. That's pretty sad... I lost my pet scabbers so I know how you feel.
Seto: Wait... are you comparing my flesh and blood parents to your common pet?!
Ron: Technically he was a grown man named Peter pettigrew... heh it's funny cause his last name is pet-ti-grew which is funny because he grew into from a pet to a man
Seto: What is wrong with you?!
Ron: Ha! That's a funny coincidence... Harry and Hermoine ask me that all the time...

My characters are definitely going to be talking after they lose(alternatively they could win?) ,and probably root for either Ron Weasley or Seto Kaiba...
Lol I don’t blame you, a few of mine will as well
Or in the words of episode 35 Kaiba: Your acceptation makes a nonsense of the regulations!

Memes aside, do tell me once it gets too much. I'd like to say that I can handle power, but having a giant dragon makes it harder to stay fair. How are tribute summons and spell cards treated? Do I have to wait until I get attacked to summon a second monster and then another attack to tribute summon? And are the spell cards one time only or not?

I’ll make sure it’s balanced, don’t worry, I’m sure it won’t get out of hand. If Ridley can be in smash, hey, it’s good lol.

As far as mechanics go, spell cards I imagine would be like jump force, useful cards with cooldowns that help aid the monster or hinder the enemy. As far as tribute summoning goes, maybe the tribute monster acts like joker’s persona?

I just don’t wanna see Ron lose. Buuuut Toad would destroy him.
I think you mean temmie
Rin ain't no underdog he would get the car. How? I don't know how. Somehow? Regardless how Ron would be running everyone over...
tumblr_mu0cqob1h11sjttqto4_250.gif

"Blimey harry! I just hot a bloody killstreak!" - Ronald weasley
*true origins of Noah Kaiba*

Lol I don’t blame you, a few of mine will as well

I’ll make sure it’s balanced, don’t worry, I’m sure it won’t get out of hand. If Ridley can be in smash, hey, it’s good lol.

As far as mechanics go, spell cards I imagine would be like jump force, useful cards with cooldowns that help aid the monster or hinder the enemy. As far as tribute summoning goes, maybe the tribute monster acts like joker’s persona?
I can live with cooldowns, though I've gotta do research on Joker's persona

I think you mean temmie

*true origins of Noah Kaiba*
Kaiba: Why did the kid cross the road? To show that he had guts. And boy did he have a lot of it.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
I am here to join the tourney!

Name: Misha (Goes by Heavy)
Franchise from: Team Fortress
First appearance: Team Fortress 2
Dislikes: Spies, Snipers, Knifes, people bigger than him, robots, and babies

Name: Sam & Max
Franchise from: Sam & Max
First appearance: Freelance Police comic book series
Sam- Justice, puns, pointless conversation, money, poker
Max- Senseless violence, fighting, poker, pointless questions.
Dislikes:
Sam- Max’s evil chinnanagins, losing money, hypnotism
Max- Uh... I’m not really sure, to be honest. Max is kinda a wild card when it comes to dislikes.

(Sam and max are like Banjo-Kazooey, they both fight as one character)

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

Might I ask how you are going to use Sans, since thinking about that is what made Thanos change his choice to Papyrus

I am here to join the tourney!

Name: Misha (Goes by Heavy)
Franchise from: Team Fortress
First appearance: Team Fortress 2
Dislikes: Spies, Snipers, Knifes, people bigger than him, robots, and babies

Name: Sam & Max
Franchise from: Sam & Max
First appearance: Freelance Police comic book series
Sam- Justice, puns, pointless conversation, money, poker
Max- Senseless violence, fighting, poker, pointless questions.
Dislikes:
Sam- Max’s evil chinnanagins, losing money, hypnotism
Max- Uh... I’m not really sure, to be honest. Max is kinda a wild card when it comes to dislikes.

(Sam and max are like Banjo-Kazooey, they both fight as one character)

Heyo! We have one character slot remaining, so I’d ask if you’d pick one to be in the tournament. Also, didn’t expect TF2 here haha

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
@Nukas

Don't worry, godmoding isn't my style lol

I might not even have him fight at all, actually. Why would he bother? The only reason he'd really come would be to cheer on his bro, I really don't think he's going to want to fight anyone. (unless they're genocidal.)

@Nukas

Don't worry, godmoding isn't my style lol

I might not even have him fight at all, actually. Why would he bother? The only reason he'd really come would be to cheer on his bro, I really don't think he's going to want to fight anyone. (unless they're genocidal.)

I mean...it’s a tournament lol all characters have to fight in it at least before eliminations