• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

Funny enough I said I wasn't going to make any more characters ,but I wanted to post them so I don't forget them tomorrow...
Jet black from cowboy bebop and
tumblr_ldjtuan14C1qfo270o1_400.gifv

Lupin the third from lupin the third...(the guy in the center with the green coat)
tumblr_mlc6yd9RY11qzqnxxo1_400.gifv

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Don't hate me too much for this. ;)
Name: Sans
Franchise: Undertale
First Appearance: Undertale
Dislikes: Children with knives, anything that requires some degree of effort, picking up his socks

How did I know this was coming.

Only a matter of time XD I guess as long as it’s toned down and not super duper powerful then sure

Funny enough I said I wasn't going to make any more characters ,but I wanted to post them so I don't forget them tomorrow...
Jet black from cowboy bebop and
tumblr_ldjtuan14C1qfo270o1_400.gifv

Lupin the third from lupin the third...(the guy in the center with the green coat)
tumblr_mlc6yd9RY11qzqnxxo1_400.gifv

As long as they ain’t OP and have a bio, then they are as good as here ^^ love the art style for the last one too

Don't worry, I'll nerf Sans a LOT from his in-game counterpart (who essentially has ultra instinct).
In the meantime, I might as well just add one last character.....

Name: Ron Weasley
Franchise: Harry Potter
First Appearance: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Likes: Quidditch, Getting absolutely wasted from Butterbeer
Dislikes: SPIDERS, Horcruxes, Professor Snape

.....don't ask.

Don't worry, I'll nerf Sans a LOT from his in-game counterpart (who essentially has ultra instinct).

Name: Ron Weasley
Franchise: Harry Potter
First Appearance: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Likes: Quidditch, Getting absolutely wasted from Butterbeer
Dislikes: SPIDERS, Horcruxes, Professor Snape

.....don't ask.

Lol nothing wrong having this loveable redheaded gyrphindor lol. Accepted

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Well in all fairness, Sans does only have one health. He would be a pain to fight because it's almost impossible to hit him, but I think it could be interesting if you kept the part where he can dodge a lot of attacks but if he gets hit he's out. That's just my opinion, and it would take a very delicate balance teetering on the edge of op if you were to go this route.

That's why I said that playing the way I suggested would be hard to make him not op. It would take a very skilled rper who would make the right decision when/if Sans would get hit.
Yeah...my worry exactly
Or I could make it so that he can take more than one hit, but gets tired if the battle drags on, gradually lowering his agility and power.

Edit: Or I could....y'know.....scrap him for Papyrus.

Papyrus works too lol.

(But he was only brittle because chara could one hit kill everyone )

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Or I could make it so that he can take more than one hit, but gets tired if the battle drags on, gradually lowering his agility and power.

Edit: Or I could....y'know.....scrap him for Papyrus.
Papyrus is my favorite of the two brothers personally and he would be a lot easier to balance, I honestly think it's up to you and whatever you can handle.

Yeah, I think I'll swap to Papyrus. Maybe I could have Sans spectate?

Name: Papyrus
Likes: Flamboyant red capes, Spaghetti, Spaghetti with meatballs, Puzzles, Junior Jumble
Dislikes: Sans's socks, Crosswords, Alfredo sauce, Puns

I’ll happily swap them lol accepted

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Yeah, I think I'll swap to Papyrus. Maybe I could have Sans spectate?

Name: Papyrus
Likes: Flamboyant red capes, Spaghetti, Spaghetti with meatballs, Puzzles, Junior Jumble
Dislikes: Sans's socks, Crosswords, Alfredo sauce, Puns
Probably for the best. Now we get to have spaghetti.

How are tools and such handled? I assume that the main goal here is to beat others up with your bare 'hands', but some characters have weapons. Are they kept or are they removed?

Depends what you mean.

For example, Shovel Knight keeps his shovel and Darth Maul keeps his lightsaber.

The links would keep their bombs, arrow types, etc. what are you aiming for?

Hopefully he doesn’t make him eat slugs. Unless Ron comes with the broken wand, in that case I’m fine.
‘So uncivilized’

Oh trust me, it is better than Mind over Mutant. Sure, it's the only game I've physically played of the franchise, but it is much different than the rest of the series and probably the worst installment

In full agreement here...those redesigns are horrid

Redesigns? Out of all the characters, Crash, Coco, Crash, Cortex and Nina were the only ones around. N.Gin was referenced in a world name, but never appeared. Shame really, missed out on a great opportunity for Dingodile since he's a mutant as well

This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them.

But hey, I agree. Dingodile was like one of the most popular ones.