• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Name: Jotaro Kujo (Post DIO Battle, Pre Part 4)
Franchise from: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
First appearance: Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
Dislikes: Basically everything else.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Name: Jotaro Kujo (Post DIO Battle, Pre Part 4)
Franchise from: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
First appearance: Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
Dislikes: Basically everything else.

Isn’t he greatly overpowered compared to the cast?

Name: Captain Toad.

Franchise from: Mario.

First appearance: Captain Toad.

Dislikes: Bowser, The Koopa Kids, all them other goons.

I’m almost out of slots but whatever.

Questioning how he will be strong enough, but hey, if you are creative enough then I encourage that. Accepted!

DevVoid

Well, being who he is... hm, I can't really say. He is a vampire, so I guess he would be strong, but I don't really know how strong Shovel Knight or Obi wan are, so I can't really tell.
@AceTrainerGold I was thinking after he used the mask, because before it he would just be cannon fodder, especially when it comes to fighting Obi and Shovel Knight

Well, being who he is... hm, I can't really say. He is a vampire, so I guess he would be strong, but I don't really know how strong Shovel Knight or Obi wan are, so I can't really tell.
@AceTrainerGold I was thinking after he used the mask, because before it he would just be cannon fodder, especially when it comes to fighting Obi and Shovel Knight

If you don’t know, that’s a good sign lol. Don’t want immediate stompage, that’s my main concern. Accepted!

DevVoid

Actually, I got a better idea, someone who I know the strength of and who can fit in. Okuyasu from Part 4. He's completely dumb, easily infatuated by girls, and just a lovable idiot. The only strong part about him is his stand, which even then is kinda slow and has a weak range. His stand can erase anything its right hand touches, and only the right hand, but Okuyasu doesn't know how to use it properly. He can't fight either, he only knows the very basics like punching and kicking. He's so dumb infact, he couldn't tell a regular employee from his enemy, who was a dude with long purple hair, and he even managed to knock himself out by pulling over flower pots to his head with his stand. Would it be alright if I changed into him instead of Dio?

Actually, I got a better idea, someone who I know the strength of and who can fit in. Okuyasu from Part 4. He's completely dumb, easily infatuated by girls, and just a lovable idiot. The only strong part about him is his stand, which even then is kinda slow and has a weak range. His stand can erase anything its right hand touches, and only the right hand, but Okuyasu doesn't know how to use it properly. He can't fight either, he only knows the very basics like punching and kicking. He's so dumb infact, he couldn't tell a regular employee from his enemy, who was a dude with long purple hair, and he even managed to knock himself out by pulling over flower pots to his head with his stand. Would it be alright if I changed into him instead of Dio?

You could have both if you want lol.

DevVoid

Nah, I feel as if I'll eventually mix up the two if I keep both of them. I'd rather take Okuyasu than Dio. Easier to get in the role of a powerful idiot than to get into the role of a narcissistic evil vampire anyway, lol.

Nah, I feel as if I'll eventually mix up the two if I keep both of them. I'd rather take Okuyasu than Dio. Easier to get in the role of a powerful idiot than to get into the role of a narcissistic evil vampire anyway, lol.

I’ll do it if so Desired, but just so you know though, multiple characters are suggested. As eliminations will happen.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
So this may be a bit late into it but I should’ve asked this earlier.

Is this going to be an actual smash bros styled tournament? Or in a different style like a battle royals for example.

So this may be a bit late into it but I should’ve asked this earlier.

Is this going to be an actual smash bros styled tournament? Or in a different style like a battle royals for example.

i was thinking a bracket tournament-esque format for elimination. Though I am open to other ideas or suggestions to how it should be structured and or added on

I mean I forgot about the teams part but I actually think that could work, characters from the same franchise be on a team.

Obviously I’m not the leader so it’s really all down to what you think’s best.

Well first things first. I don’t run Rps on this site like a king, I prefer to have input from the Rpers to shape the RP as a whole. So don’t worry about that.

As far as your theme you were going for with teams, I think there’s only two characters from the same universe. So I don’t think that would quite work

DevVoid

Oh, right, I completely forgot. My idea won't work then if multiple characters are needed. Sorry for that time wasted.
If multiple characters are needed, I'll take four of the Megaman X Reploids, aswell as Sigma from Megaman X, final decision, I swear.
Those reploids being; Boomerang Kuwanger, Armored Armadillo, Sting Chameleon and Storm Eagle

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Well first things first. I don’t run Rps on this site like a king, I prefer to have input from the Rpers to shape the RP as a whole. So don’t worry about that.

As far as your theme you were going for with teams, I think there’s only two characters from the same universe. So I don’t think that would quite work
Oh I’m aware you’re not one of those types of rp leaders, they’re usually identifiable as soon as someone else shares their opinion.

And I wasn’t totally on with the teams idea anyway as I initially forgot about that aspect. But I still think that type of tournament could work, minus the team part.

Oh, right, I completely forgot. My idea won't work then if multiple characters are needed. Sorry for that time wasted.
If multiple characters are needed, I'll take four of the Megaman X Reploids, aswell as Sigma from Megaman X, final decision, I swear.
Those reploids being; Boomerang Kuwanger, Armored Armadillo, Sting Chameleon and Storm Eagle

They aren’t NEEDED, just suggested. And you don’t have to pick characters from the same universe if you don’t want to. All mine are from different ones

Well, I feel I wouldn't really be in the rp long if I were to have only one character, as I feel they would be eliminated fast. So, I might aswell go and get more. And, I know you don't have to pick from only one universe. I like the Megaman X game though, and it does have a good selection of characters to use.

So you want me to remove Okuyasu while adding these ones in, yes?

I think we can all agree kid jotaro would be a hilarious addition to the roster... (no stand needed for this bad***)
7a865af76097a59069ef703eb92ee9c5.jpg

I might join... but I will need to look over the rules. And decide a fun character to use scrappy doo?
Sc_large.png

Okay probably not him ,but I'll think of someone cool...