• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Bros: Melee

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Gunvolt was surprised to see a whiteboard pop up behind Masaru, when he began to explain who every member of the Warriors of Hope was. He gave him a bit of applause as he finished his "Krash Korse", before walking up to the whiteboard.

"So that's your team, eh? Sounds like a fun bunch. I'd tell you about my old team, but let's just say that's a bit... complicated. But I'll tell you a bit about my current one." He said, before grabbing a few of the markers and using some of the remaining space on the whiteboard.

Gunvolt - Azure Striker

"You already know me pretty well. My Azure Striker Septima allows me to command electricity. I sometimes do freelancing missions to get some money, but I'm currently fighting an organization to get back some shards with stolen power from my best friend."

He drew himself somewhat accurately, he wasn't the best at drawing. He certainly nailed the hair, though.

"They were stolen from-

Joule - The Muse

Joule is my best friend, and lives on as a spirit inside me. She can amplify my powers, but they've been weakened since her powers were taken away by a group called Eden. I've gotten most of them back, but there's still a few left."

Joule appeared in front of Gunvolt for him to draw, doing so pretty well with the visual reference at all times. The butterfly wings were a bit difficult, but they looked good enough.

"Helping me out is-

Xiao Wu - Tech Support

Xiao helps me out with intel during missions. He's also the weapons dev, comes up with pretty useful stuff. He used to work with a division of my old team, but his unit was taken over and now we work together."

Xiao's drawing was slightly worse than the rest, but it was still decent. He was depicted with several floating screens surrounding him as to show his technological prowess.

"Last but not least-

Quinn Sakurazaki - Out of Combat Support

She helps out a lot when I'm not on a mission. She lets me and Xiao live with her, and she's also a good cook. I met her when I saved her from some Adept thugs a while ago."

Quinn was drawn pretty well, but it wasn't too remarkable other than her blue hair. He could hear Joule groan when he brought her up, they weren't on the best of terms. He hoped that would eventually change though.

"There you have it, these are all of my friends. No official name for the team though, but that doesn't matter." He tried putting the markers on top of the whiteboard, though they seemed to float back down and hover in place, which Gunvolt found interesting.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
As the robot simply dodged and weaved around the bullets, Joker cursed, and started to run out towards the edge of the wall. Being out in the open air was giving Metal too much of an advantage with it's ability to fly. As he was running towards the edge he threw his grappling hook at the edge of the castle and with a leap, Joker jumped off the edge of the building, narrowly missing Metal's homing attack. Once he was far enough down, he swung himself through one of the Stain glass windows that line the castle, and he found himself inside the main entrance of the castle. A simple room with a large stair case, and a giant painting. It was larger than most rooms of course but didn't give Metal the same open air room to fly as he did up top.
@Captain Pokémon

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Bowie
"Woah, y'all's friends are so COOL! I don't really have a bunch of friends back home, certainly none as cool as you two do. But I have my best friend, so that's all that really matters." Bowie was smiling at this, but this was slightly forced. Seeing the Masaru and GV draw out their friends made him remember how hard it was for him to make friends back home. He was a bit of a weirdo, and he definitely had a hard time making friends since he met Blob. He tried to keep Blob mostly a secret, staying with him in his treehouse most of the time. After all, what if some weirdo tried to experiment on him or do something bad to him. He was fine with this dynamic, but it did hurt to see all of those two had.

Bandana Dee
Dee saw that the atmosphere had mostly settled and it seemed like everyone was having a good time again, so he saw this as the perfect opportunity to bring up one of the *most* important things that has ever existed, food. "So... I know that everyone has had some real tough battles so far, and I for one, am really hungry. Not that I need to eat or anything, I can go without food if I need to, but–" Dee was interrupted as he was talking by a loud rumbling in his stomach. He blushed at this as he was trying to keep his cool and not sound desperate. He was a proud Waddle Dee after all and didn't want his new friends to think less of him.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Masaru looked at the drawn team Gunvolt had. Looked like there was a kid task force somewhere else too! Sure they were a couple years older than expected but that was okay, they were still kids.

“Heh! Looks like we need to talk with your gang about joining ours! I’m sure we have similar goals. Of course, with me leading it all.”

Thats when Bowie spoke up. Masaru rolled his eyes, walking over to him while Bowie seemed to be hurting on the inside. He ruffled his hair, leaning in near his face.

“Duh! You’re getting friends. Dontcha remember you’d meet us warriors of hope? Don’t tell me you forgot already!”

As Joker jumped down into a different room, Metal did indeed follow, but through a different window to possibly throw Joker off. He flew through the window to the left of the one Joker flew through. As soon as he broke through it, he fired 3 more energy balls at Joker, then began flying around the room at high speeds, attempting to confuse Joker a little. As he was flying, he’d move around, up and down, twist and turn, etc. He had no flight pattern. Occasionally, he’d fire more energy balls at Joker while flying. This wasn’t meant to be an attack, it was more so him stalling, waiting to see how Joker will react, ready to counter.
@The Alright Attorney

The Alright Attorney

Hearing the window crash, Joker quickly grappled to to one of the chandeliers dodging the energy blasts as best he could. The balls of energy continued to be launched at the chandelier, while Metal flew all over the place with seemingly no pattern. This thing is still a robot... Joker thought to himself. It must have some things it will fall back on. Observing Metal's motions as best as he could, Joker leaped back and off the chandelier, firing his pistol at the now weakened light fixture. The bullets did the last amount of damage it needed to suddenly crash down, just as Metal was about to go underneath it, at least according to the way he was moving. Joker landed on the top of the staircase, waiting to see if his attack would land.
@Captain Pokémon

The Alright Attorney

"Arsene!" An in instant, the red clad persona appeared in a flash of blue flame, and cut the chandelier clean in half. Joker jumped back and as far away as he could get from Metal, while Arsene flew up towards their robotic foe, honing his claws and swiping at Metal with a merciless speed. As Joker ran, he fired off multiple rounds from his pistol at Metal.
@Captain Pokémon

Metal saw the red figure fly towards him. So that’s how the teen got this far. Metal activated the jet on his back and quickly flew upwards before Arsene could cut him, also avoiding the few bullets Joker shot at him. He fired three electrical balls at Joker’s general area, one in front of him where Metal predicted he would go, one behind him in case he went that way instead, and one above him in case he used that grappling hook he had. Right afterwards, Metal himself flew towards Joker and used a simple homing attack, doing more damage than Sonic’s would thanks to his metal body.
@The Alright Attorney

The Alright Attorney

Joker cursed under his breath as Arsene was swiftly dodged, and saw Metal quickly retaliated. Assuming the robot would take a more direct approach, Joker quickly turned to run, but felt the sting of one of Metal's electric attacks. Thankfully, he felt with similar electric attacks before, and was able to keep moving despite the lingering tingle of pain. As he glanced back, Joker could see Metal fast approaching, with a homing attack similar to that of Sonic's. Can't use Tetrakarn this early, don't want to show my hand just yet. Instead of casting the counter spell, Arsene instead flew towards Joker, in the path of the attack, swiping at Metal Sonic with his claws to try and swat him away.
@Captain Pokémon

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Bowie
“Oh right! Not entirely sure how I'm gonna meet them without your wish, but I'm sure we'll find a way. They all sound really cool, so I can't wait to meet them. I'm sure Blob is just as excited as I am, right bud?" Blob bounced around to signify his excitement even bumping slightly into Masaru. Then Bowie heard Dee's suggestion. "Oh yeah, Masaru and I made a little food shack earlier just appear, so I bet we can all just eat there together. Of course Dee, I think the next match might be about over. I feel we should let GV decide since it is his match coming up." Dee thought this was reasonable and eagerly awaited GV's decision.

The Alright Attorney

(Autoing the fight to finish it. Permission given by both @Shen: King of the Mist and @Captain Pokémon )

Thankfully, Metal was moving to fast to dodge Arsene's swipe, and the robot made direct contact with the claws. This sent Metal flying downwards, much like a spiked volleyball, and crashing into the lower floor. "Gotta finish this before he can get back on his feet..." Joker muttered, throwing his grappling hook towards the top of the room. The hook lodged itself into the ceiling, and Joker readied himself to swing. "Arsene, bufudyne!" He called out to his Persona, and from a top the stairs, Arsene fired the cool blast of ice energy right where Metal landed, freezing the robot in place. Knowing he didn't have much time before the ice thawed, Joker swung down, putting all his force into a kick, sending the robot flying backwards. Finally Arsene came in for one more, final swipe at Metal as he flew through the air, the powerful attack sending Sonic's doppelganger out the door and out the arena. With that the match was over, and arena shifted around again returning to a basic field.

Suddenly, the lights went dim in both in Joker’s match as well as out in the plaza. The darkness was followed with the sound of a single finger snap. Amongst this, a spotlight shot through the blackness. The spotlight showing Crazy and Master hands in the center of the plaza. This image was broadcasted into Joker’s arena as well.

“Good evening.” Master Hand boomed. “We are down to our final two. One of these men will gain the power to do anything they so wish for one time only. Who will win? And what will they do once they have? This is where we will find out!”

Out of nowhere, Joker’s arena split open, the entire platform disappearing as it did so. He would fall through the sky in the Plaza, hurdling down toward master hand.

Gunvolt was quickly yoinked away from his position with Bowie, Masaru, and Dee, being sent high upwards. In an instant, Gunvolt and Joker both would meet mid air, freezing in an instant. Master hand and Crazy hand would fly next to both of them.

“These two shall fight and only one shall win. This shall spend the end to the tournament, and the end to the norm!”

Suddenly the ground of the Plaza would shake and quake, a massive stadium erecting around the central zone. The archway crumbled where it was, making way to a massive field made of glossy bricks. Giant torches, suspended thirty feet in the air lit ablaze all around the stadium. It was surely the finale!

The lights of the place kicked on once more, this time appearing as a dimly lit sunset. Gunvolt and Joker were dropped down to their respective sides of the field, Master Hand pointing towards the audience.

“Hope you folks at home are paying attention, this will be the battle of a lifetime! No limitations. No restrictions. You are fighting for your only chance for your wish! Let us begin!!”

a huge T.V. Screen lit up in the center of the stadium, showing close ups of both Joker and Gunvolt. This was surely the same views the watchers back home would be seeing.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"Well, maybe we should-"

The lights went dim as an invisible force quickly moved Gunvolt backwards away from the group, sent high into the sky to face his final opponent. It turned out to be that Joker guy, he had versatile abilities that ended up getting him to the finals, not to mention that Arsene thing he'd seen him use during his match with Sonic during Round One. They both froze midair as the area below began to change, going from a hi-tech plaza to a field made of bricks. The lights changed to reflect the importance of this match, making the entire area seem like a sunset. With each fighter placed down on each side of the field, Master Hand spoke as everything was broadcasted on a large screen high above.

"So you're Joker, huh? Good job making it all the way here." Gunvolt spoke up. "Let's do our best, no holding back. Best of luck." He told him, before pulling out Dart Leader and pointing it at Joker. The fate of all Adepts depended on his wish, he couldn't afford to lose. Even if his opponent was really strong, he had to come out on top!

"You can do it, GV!" Joule's voice echoed, even if her powers were rather weak she could still provide moral support. Her words caused Gunvolt to smile, giving Joker a determined look.

"Oversurge, Azure Striker! Bust forth and pulverize my foe!" With that, he took the first move, holding the trigger to unleash a continuous barrage of Cerberus darts towards his opponent, his aim following wherever he would go.

The Alright Attorney

Before Joker could even get a chance to breathe and prepare for his final battle, he was already transported to where the tournament would finally come to a close. This Master Hand creature managed to make one climactic place to finish things off. Staring across from him, Joker saw his opponent. The one they call Gunvolt. A sigh of relief fell from the Phantom thief's lips. Not because he thought this would be easy, but rather he was going up against someone that was seemingly a good guy.

Gunvolt spoke and Joker gave a smirk and a thumbs up. "Too the winner goes the spoils. Don't go easy on me. I wanna earn this win." Joker's hand quickly spun back down to grip his pistol in one hand and his blade in the other. With one final deep breath, he shut his eyes. He thought of his friends, his team. The other Phantom Thieves. They always relied on him, the be a leader, to be strong. He wasn't going to let them down.

Immediately, Gunvolt fired off a barrage of those darts. "Can't let them touch me." Joker muttered to himself, quickly jumping backwards and summoning forth Arsene. The Persona flew down towards the incoming darts trying to swipe at them to knock them away.

@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
As Gunvolt expected, Joker was nimble and quick, summoning Arsene to swat the darts away. What was interesting is that he was able to do so without being tagged. This isn't like Mark Guyver, it doesn't look like I can hit that guy. Head on attacks will rarely work, but can it block electricity? He thought as Arsene blocked the attack effectively. Joker also having a gun meant staying far away wouldn't work for long, so he needed to get a bit closer, but not too close.

He ran towards Joker with impressive speed, leaving an electric trail as he went. He opted to switch to Technos darts, shooting three pairs of green darts at an angle, three of them going downwards and crawling along the ground towards Joker, the other three going upwards and out of sight. He stopped a fair distance away from Joker, just enough to be able to dodge any sudden swipes from Arsene. He pointed his arm at him as he unleashed an electric stream towards his opponent, around the same time as his darts would make contact if gone unnoticed.

Last edited:

Masaru was going to go to the food stand when the lights went out across the entire plaza. After watching Master Hand’s intro to the next fight, the lights turned back on, revealing a massive torch lined stadium that was as grandiose as it was surprising.

“W-What? What a show off! His big stadium isn’t that impressive...mine is totally cooler, right?”

Feeling a bit inadequate, Masaru crossed his arms looking over to Bowie as if to look for some kind of support, none the wiser to the fact that Gunvolt had vanished from by their side.

The Alright Attorney

As Joker ran, he observed Gunvolt's actions, once again, he fired off multiple darts going in different directions. Looks like those things are his main source of attack. Dodging those things should be a priority. Joker thought to himself, observing their paths. First, he saw the ones traveling along the ground and wanted to do some testing. "Arsene! Bufudyne!" Once again, the Persona flew back to Joker, and aimed towards the ground where the darts were moving, and fired off a blast of ice.

Once it hit the ground, the farmilar ice sculpture grew from the ground, much like the mighty trees it resembled. Hopefully that would stop the darts in their tracks. Next the ones overhead. Maybe if he got higher than them, he could dodge them... Remembering his fight with NiGHTS, the young thief threw his grappling hook to the stop of the sculpture, and used the momentum to raise up and fly into the air. However, as he moved, he felt a stream of Electricity hit his legs, causing Joker to veer slightly off course as he was in the air. "Shit!" He cursed out, feeling the slight sting of pain through his lower half. "I need cover...Arsene, Nocturnal Flash!" Joker's Persona quickly flew close to Gunvolt, and a bright light filled the area. Hopefully blinding his opponent would give Joker enough time to get back onto his feet.

@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Even if his darts had been blocked by the ice tree, landing a hit early on was pretty good. Joker propelled himself upwards using his grappling hook, Gunvolt thinking he'd have a chance to hit him out of the air. He ran over to the area below Joker just as he told Arsene to attack, using Crashbolt right as Arsene used Nocturnal Flash. While the area above him was struck by lightning, hopefully harming Joker, Nocturnal Flash did its job and Gunvolt was blinded by the light.

Jitt, can't see a thing! Gunvolt thought, wincing slightly. Expecting some sort of follow-up attack, he deployed his Flashfield and began moving away from where he'd last seen Arsene, giving Joker time to land but at least making sure the Persona wouldn't be able to hit him easily. As he did so, he switched dart types to Naga, charging the dart as a blueish sphere surrounded the pistol's muzzle, making a slight, continuous whirring noise.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Joker cursed slightly, just narrowly spinning out of the way of the bolt that came crashing down from above him, but the sudden action did cause his land to be a lit less graceful than he would have wanted, rolling to a stop on the ground. Knowing he didn't have much time to steady himself, he immediately pulled out his pistol, still kneeling on the ground and firing off at his opponent.

Once he felt comfortable enough he started to run, trying keep his distance considering the strange light Gunvolt's weapon seemed to be giving off. His eyes tried to trail the path Gunvolt was taking and Joker quickly yelled out to his persona. "Riot Gun!" He cried out, aiming at just ahead of where Gunvolt was. Joker hoped that the lingering blindness may just be enough for Gunvolt to run directly into the oncoming attack, which Arsene just summoned crashing down overhead.
@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Gunvolt's vision began to come back, starting to see less blurry as time went on. He heard gunshots, summoning a Dragonsphere and turning around as best as he could to face the source. The Dragonsphere took most of the bullets effectively, but a couple of them managed to hit their target, being slightly degraded by his Flashfield but still lodging themselves in his lower abdomen. His blurry vision caused him to stumble and fall over, narrowly missing the Riot Gun that crashed down from above.

That was way too close! How many different spells does he have? He thought as he got up, his vision being almost completely clear now. He recharged his EP and noticed Joker was keeping his distance, clearly expecting the Naga dart to come at him. Not wanting to let the charged dart go to waste, he redeployed his Flashfield and ran over to Joker with the trigger still held, releasing two electric streams to his opponent's side to force him to stay in the center. Once he was close, he aimed the gun at him and jumped over Joker, hoping to trick him into dodging the feint before launching the charged Naga dart at him at max speed.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Joker saw some of his bullets finally made contact with Gunvolt, but as his opponent stumbled the riot gun attack was just narrowly avoided. "Better than nothing..." Joker muttered out, still keeping his distance from Gunvolt and the attack he seemed to be charging up. Unfortunately for Joker, it seems Gunvolt was finally ready to stop the short distance game. Joker cursed slightly, there was no time to run the other way, he'd be clear in line with any attack Gunvolt wanted to pull off. "Arsene, return to me!"

In an instant, the persona disappeared, and Joker's mask returned to his face. Sure enough, Gunvolt shot two blasts of energy, leaving no room for Joker to dodge to the left or right. Now running head on to Gunvolt, Joker saw his opponent raising the weapon to fire off, and Joker dodge down into a roll to avoid it. However, it seemed Gunvolt planned this ahead of time, leaping over to fire the attack. Time for the back up plan. Joker thought to himself, and once again emerging from a flash of blue flame, Arsene erupted from Joker's backside, and swiped his claws viciously at Gunvolt, hoping to knock the dart out of the way as well.
@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Gunvolt felt some pain go through his right hand as Arsene's claws struck him, leaving a slightly deep cut and knocking Dart Leader a fair distance away. Instead of the dart being knocked away as well, it phased through Arsene without slowing down, leaving Joker wide open to be tagged and continuously shocked by his Flashfield's electricity. Watching his pistol fly off behind him, he performed an Air Dash backwards to try and catch up to it as fast as possible, breaking into a sprint as he made a run for his weapon.

Not wanting the cut he received to affect him for long, he left his Flashfield up so that its electricity's heat would cauterize the wound, minimizing blood loss as much as possible. To make sure Arsene wouldn't try attacking him as he tried to retrieve Dart Leader, he switched dart types to Orochi and let the drone out behind him, which wildly shot darts in Joker and Arsene's general direction to keep them busy and possibly deal even more damage.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Joker cursed out as he felt the dart hit his chest. While Gunvolt managed to connect his hit, Arsene's claw also managed to make contact with his target, knocking both Gunvolt and his weapon back. Sure enough, first thing Gunvolt tried to do was get back to his weapon. Joker thought back to his encounter with Sonic, how disabled he was when the Hedgehog threw away his blade. Joker broke out in a sprint, dodging the darts the drone fired as much as he could, but felt one hit the side of his body. Instead of aiming for his opponent, Joker instead fired off his pistol at Gunvolt's weapon, wanting to knock it further away. While this happened, Arsene sped at the Drone, swiping his claws at the thing in an attempt to disable it.

@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Two continuous electric streams shot out from Gunvolt's Flashfield once one of the Orochi darts hit its mark, spawning a large yellow reticle around Joker, the electricity homing in towards him with little hope of dodging. Gunvolt cursed under his breath as Joker shot Dart Leader to knock it further away, and Arsene had made his way towards the Orochi drone, smashing it into the ground with a single swipe. It made a few distorted beeps before shutting down, the dart barrage ceasing.

What didn't stop were the electric streams homing onto Joker, those would last for a few more seconds. Gunvolt did the same as his opponent did with his weapon, launching an electric projectile slightly ahead of Dart Leader to knock it backwards and into the air, jumping to grab it and land with a roll. Noticing he was starting to get low on EP from his constant Flashfield usage, he decided to summon a Dragonsphere and launch it towards Joker before trying to recharge his EP, not guaranteed to hit, but hopefully keeping him back for a bit so Gunvolt could recharge safely.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Joker saw the electricity coming at him, and tried to run, only to see the attacks home in on him. This must be the purpose of the darts... Joker thought as he saw them shift course and keep following him. "If I'm already tagged...No reason to play the distance game." Joker ran straight for Gunvolt, feeling the electric attacks closing in on him. With a leap, Joker managed to get over Gunvolt's second attack.

However, once he landed, it was just enough time for the electricity to strike his back. It stopped him in his tracks, but he was a lot closer to Gunvolt now. Joker took aim at his opponent with his gun, firing as best he could multiple rounds, while Arsene sped forward to the charging Gunvolt, swiping at him with a might force.
@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
As Gunvolt's Flashfield kept shocking Joker while he was tagged, the Phantom Thief and his Persona went for a double attack. He couldn't use his Flashfield while using a Skill, so he'd have to forsake its attack power in exchange for defending himself. Gunvolt saw the frozen Joker point his gun at him as Arsene sped towards the Azure Striker, lightning flashing twice around him as Flashfield was deactivated to make way for the Skill.

"Crashbolt!" Gunvolt clamored as azure lightning struck from above and encased him in electricity, burning Joker's bullets to a crisp and blocking Arsene's mighty claws. It wouldn't hold the Persona back for long, but it would be enough to move out of the way before the attack ceased. With Joker being close to him, Gunvolt switched dart types to Dullahan as he leapt backwards, firing several darts his way as Crashbolt disappeared. He would hopefully have gotten enough distance to avoid another swipe from Arsene, and if Joker was still stunned by the electricity it would leave him wide open for the Dullahan darts to hit his chest!

The Alright Attorney

Joker finally managed to get back up to his feet, seeing Gunvolt successfully dodge Arsene's attacks and start to move back and out of the way. Seeing his opponent for darts, Joker quickly dodged around them, weaving in and out all while closing in on Gunvolt. Once he was close, Joker summoned Arsene closer. "Nocturnal Flash!" Being right next to Gunvolt meant hopefully he wouldn't be able to dodge the blinding light Joker's Persona summoned from his fingertips, causing the small area to shine bright.

@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Ah jitt, here we go again-

Sure enough, Nocturnal Flash was very efficient at close range, blinding the Azure Striker once again. He did notice Joker had been moving rather close to him prior to being blinded, which led him to believe he was going for a melee attack. Not wanting to risk taking heavy damage while he couldn't see a thing, he decided to attack before Joker had a chance while he was close by, spending one SP as he focused.

Lightning that flickers like a star, and purges all that violate its realm! Astrasphere! Gunvolt chanted, suddenly being surrounded by a large electric field with three lightning spheres rotating around it. With the attack's range being so large, he wouldn't need to know exactly where his opponent was, but hopefully he would get shocked if he was close enough. In case Joker somehow managed to dodge in time, he'd release the spheres in an outwards spiral, speeding up a bit and hopefully landing a hit if the earlier part of the attack missed.

The Alright Attorney

Once again, even blinded, Gunvolt started to charge an attack to try and keep Joker away. NO! I'm not letting him push me back again! Joker grabbed hold of his grapplling hook, and wedge it tight into the ground. The phantom thief took the full force of the attack, but managed to keep in place thanks to his grappling hook making it so he wouldn't be blown back. "Diarama." Was all Joker said, and the teen could feel his body, now all tingling with pain thanks to Gunvolt's attack. Arsene healed Joker, and he could feel the some of the pain fading away. Now, still close to the blind Gunvolt, Joker and Arsene sped closer. Joker fired off multiple rounds from his pistol, while Arsene sped forward even quicker now. "Psiodyne!" Joker called out, and the Persona fired off a blast of mind bending energy, that if it hit Gunvolt, would set him up for an All out Attack.
@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
In the middle of all of the crackling electricity, Gunvolt could hear the grappling hook clanging as it lodged itself into the ground, followed by Joker's muffled voice. He couldn't make out what he said, but it sure wouldn't be a compliment. Gunshots from close by made him realize Joker had tanked the attack, Gunvolt releasing the electric spheres in an outwards spiral. Since Joker had managed to get through the attack, he was put in a bad spot. A few more bullets lodged themselves in his body, mostly on his left arm and again on his abdomen. He heard some sort of strange projectile coming his way, but he couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from.

Refusing to let Joker get away with the attack unharmed, he decided to risk using Electroshock, spending all of his EP while shooting out lightning in all directions. It wouldn't stop the psychic projectile, but maybe it could get his opponent before he followed up on his own attack. Meanwhile, the electric spheres from his Astrasphere seemed to slow down while further away from the fighters, when...

"Reverse!" Gunvolt called out, the electric spheres speeding back up and going backwards, following their earlier trajectory and grouping up at their release point if gone unnoticed, hopefully catching Joker off guard. Gunvolt felt the Psiodyne hit his chest, making him fall backwards in a dizzied state.

The Alright Attorney

Joker kept silent as his plan unfolded, his bullets reaching Gunvolt with no problem. He knew he wasn't home free just yet though, Gunvolt was a massive powerhouse and wouldn't take this attack sitting down. Sure enough, Gunvolt released a massive surge of lightening Joker cursed out, and quickly grappled up to try and avoid the attack. However, he felt his legs get hit as he trying to get away, causing him to fall down but luckily not get hit totally by the attack. Now back on the ground, Joker landed, just in time to hear Gunvolt call out the word reverse. Glancing back, Joker saw the previous projectiles spheres making their way towards him. "Shit, gotta make this quick..." He muttered out, seeing Gunvolt in his dazed state. Together with Arsene, Joker leaped at Gunvolt, attacking with a flurrly of Arsene's claws and Joker's blade in an All out Attack.
@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
As the spheres came closer and closer, Joker performed his All-Out Attack, Gunvolt feeling cuts all over his body. The Phantom Thief and his Persona came from many different angles, making them difficult to dodge or block. His whole body in pain, Gunvolt slowly got up as the attack finished, the orbs coming in and hopefully harming Joker. The Azure Striker did his best to mitigate the amount of damage he took, using one SP to cast Galvanic Patch, some of his cuts disappearing and his pain partially fading away. "Two can play the healing game, right...?" He muttered, facing the Phantom Thief. He had to keep going, he couldn't give up just yet. Joule, grant me further strength!

As if on cue, Gunvolt was enveloped in a rainbow aura, like a colorful flame. This wasn't Joule's doing though, this was something else. Is the Hand doing this? He thought, smirking. "I'll do my best!" He clamored, using what could be considered in this world as a "Final Smash" and bypassing his SP limitations.

Let praise be unleashed as blades of lightning cleave sky, yielding great glory!

Grand Strizer!

Raising his hands skyward, a massive electrical blade materialized in his hands. It was even larger than Luxcalibur, also sporting some white and gold parts, the lower part resembling wings. Without wasting any more time, the Azure Striker dashed toward his opponent, swinging his new weapon sideways, then upwards at the Phantom Thief.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Joker and Arsene landed after the All out Attack, sliding out of the attack. Remembering the orbs, he carefully dodged them, just in time to see Gunvolt heal. He smirked back and nodded. "Only fair that we both get to heal. I won't argue with that." Suddenly, Gunvolt glowed in a rainbow aura. this was something beyond his own power. This was granted to him in the same way Joker was able to use his All out Attack even with just him and Arsene. Joker readied himself, feeling as though whatever was coming, he wouldn't be able to dodge it. Joker watched as suddenly a blade materialized in Gunvolt's hand, crackling with the same electric energy Gunvolt himself emiited. Joker couldn't help but grin at this. he offered his opponent a smile. "Your spirit, your strength, your drive. You've got the soul of a Phantom Thief." He said with a grin.

Joker thought about Gunvolt, Sonic, Shepard, and NiGHTS. He thought aboult all the people here trying their best no matter what they wanted. People in the stands or who went home like Dimitri, Masaru, Kirby, Bowie, and even his fellow Persona user Yu. They all deserved to win this, they deserved their wish. He smiled to himself at this thought. Maybe they still could...But first Joker had to focus on Gunvolt's attack, swinging the mighty blade at Joker. Examing the blade, Joker could tell it was physical. Exactly what Joker had been waiting for. "TETRAKARN!" Joker called out, just before the blade made contact with him, the counter aura surronding him once again.
@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Azure electricity surged around Tetrakarn's shield as Grand Strizer made contact, delivering all the damage back to the weapon. Pain shot through Gunvolt's arms from the recoil, the large weapon shattering into several large pieces. None of them made contact with either fighter, most of them lodging themselves into the ground. Just what kind of barrier is that? The Azure Striker thought as he saw his weapon shatter, his aura disappearing. "The soul of a Phantom Thief, eh? You're pretty strong too. No wonder you've made it this far." Gunvolt replied, before looking around at the broken weapon's electrified pieces.

No, I can still get some use out of this! With determination still fueling him, Gunvolt ran over to the closest shard he could find and ripped it out of the ground, gripping it as well as he could. Electricity still flowed through it, but Gunvolt's resistance to his own Septima mitigated any damage he would receive. And so he ran towards his opponent yet again, swinging the much shorter but lighter "weapon" at Joker.

The Alright Attorney

Joker felt the power electric attack surge through his body, much worse than anything else that Gunvolt did yet, and even stronger than most electric attacks hes suffered as he infiltrated palaces. But the Phantom Thief stood strong. he wasn't going to give up on everyone relying on him back home. Morgana, Ryuji, Ann, Yusuke, Makoto, Futaba, Haru, and all the other people who made him stronger and helped him reach this point. They were who he was fighting for. So the Phantom Thief stood strong ready for his opponent's next attack.

It was in this moment however, Joker thought about Gunvolt probably had people and ideals he was fighting for too. Just like everyone else here had fought for. He managed to dodge Gunvolt's attack, just barely though as he got a strong cut on his arm. "Hey. Gunvolt, what was your wish?" He asked fairly casually, as Joker swung his own blade at Gunvolt's chest.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Both blades had made contact with each fighter, Joker's dagger piercing through Gunvolt's already weakened armor and leaving a cut on his chest.

"Hey. Gunvolt, what was your wish?"

The question caught the Azure Striker by surprise. It was fairly casual, as if they weren't fighting for their dreams at that moment.

"My wish? In my world, there are two kinds of people: the humans you might already know, and Adepts, those with special abilities such as me." He began, switching to a more defensive stance and trying to parry Joker's swings.

"Both sides have been fighting for far too long, Adepts being discriminated and sometimes used for horrible experiments. I got my own Septima- my power- due to one of those. I wish to put an end to that fight. To make amends and have humans and Adepts live in peace." He concluded, freeing one of his hands for a moment to send an electric projectile at Joker.

"What about you? What would you wish for?"

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Seeing Gunvolt parry his attack, Joker changed course and dodged backwards to try and fire off rounds of his pistol. He listened carefully to Gunvolt's story, thinking about the struggles he must go through. "Before I got here, I was training. I have...A big fight coming up. Something that will decide the fate of my country. I don't want to let my team down. My wish is to be able to face that fight with the strength I need to win. It's a selfish wish, but the one I need." After another dodge, Joker felt his chest get hit with another projectile. He slid back, cursing slightly.

"That's the thing though. My wish is valid. Your wish is valid. All the heroes that fought here. All their wishes are valid." Joker said, as he summoned Arsene forward to swipe at Gunvolt. "That's why I have an suggestion. If either of us win...We ask that hand that everyone here with a good heart, they have their wish come true." Despite the pain running through his body, Joker smiled at Gunvolt, waiting to hear how his opponent would react.

@ArmedBlue

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Gunvolt listened to Joker's story, it seemed like both of them had important things to deal with. Decide the fate of your country, huh? He thought, a few bullets hitting his free arm, the wounds slowly cauterized due to the electricity coursing through his body. Then he heard Joker's suggestion: For everyone there with a good heart to get their wish granted. That way, it was a win-win scenario with no way for things to go wrong, right? It sounded plausible, and Master Hand had previously stated there were no limitations to the wish.

"I'll accept your suggestion. We'll all win that way, right? We get to fulfill our goals and no kind hearted person gets left behind!" Just like Joker, Gunvolt flashed a smile back through all the pain. He grabbed his weapon with both hands as best as he could with his slightly injured arm, switching back to an offensive stance.

"Now then, it's time for us to finish things off, right? Just like I said when this started: No holding back!" With a smile, he lunged forwards at Joker, pivoting when he got close to slash him with a sideways swing of his blade.

The Alright Attorney

With a grin and a nod, Joker got back into fighting position. "Thats right. Now lets give everyone a show they won't forget." Feeling no regrets or worry about winning or losing, Joker was ready to put his all into this fight, and bring this tournament to a close. Joker gave Arsene a look, and the Persona returned to the teen, making this a true one on one fight between the two. Joker leaped back to avoid Gunvolt's swipe, throwing his grappling hook at his opponent's arm, trying to disarm him. With his other hand, Joker fired his pistol at Gunvolt's legs, hoping to slow Gunvolt's movement.
@ArmedBlue