• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Bros: Melee Discussion

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Though in other news, just made some art of Masaru Daimon. I hate drawing kid proportions lol.

530EBE01-EE41-42D5-B050-F7A03F0D3C56.jpeg

@Shen: King of the Mist Sorry to drop out so late in the RP but I think I'm gonna have too. Working everyday except two and then those two are being occupied with family and girlfriend which I'm having an issue with tonight which is when I hoped to write both here and in my own.

Sorry again for dropping out but I think I'm going to have too. Can barely keep up with my own RP atm.

Hmm... fair enough

Okay everyone. All fights that haven’t started this week will be autoed and finished by Friday. If all fights haven’t ended by next Friday, they will be judged who the winner is. So if we hurry the pace i’d appreciate it

Marshadow can't learn any bite techniques, however none of its dex entries state it has no teeth so I assume its up for interpretation.

Sun Able to conceal itself in shadows, it never appears before humans, so its very existence was the stuff of myth.
Moon It lurks in the shadows of others, copying their movements and powers. This Pokémon is craven and cowering.
Ultra Sun It slips into the shadows of others and mimics their powers and movements. As it improves, it becomes stronger than those it’s imitating.
Ultra Moon It sinks into the shadows of people and Pokémon, where it can understand their feelings and copy their capabilities.
Sword By slipping into the shadow of a martial arts master and copying their movements, this Pokémon learned the ultimate techniques.
Shield This Pokémon can conceal itself in any shadow, so it went undiscovered for a long time.

If Marshadow does have teeth, hopefully they are small ,and not weird creepy humany lookin' teeth...

****VOTING TIME!!!****

074A6748-29BA-43A2-98CB-BF1F1B81DFA0.jpeg

the fights not scratched out are the ones remaining. We are gonna vote on who gets to pass based on the fights thus far. (Aside Ori and Hat Kid’s, which I already made up my mind) leaving it five fights to vote on.

The votes should leave an explanation as to why you voted, and no, just because you like a character more doesn’t count as a reason lol.

here are my votes as a example:

1. Sonic.

Sonic seemed to be out speeding Gordon at every turn, breaking his weaponry / equipment and having the overall upperhand during the entirety of the fight. Fairly one sided.

2. Marshadow

hard to judge due to how long it’s taking. But flowey’s attacks haven’t seem to have done a thing to marshadow, who flanks and attack from alternate and many angles. Also the fact that pellets and vines, while unique, are a narrow skill set compared to Marshadow’s 4 moves and biology.

3. Dimitri

Yu’s Persona appeared capable, slashing through all attacks that came his way as well as dishing out strikes far stronger than his enemy. It seemed as though this was going to be the result eventually...

...Or so it would seem. Dimitri however wants to take damage to reflect attacks and add to his arsenal of weaponry. It was a long game that we never saw played out.

4 Boy and Blob (Narrowly)

A tough call. But the boy and blob, while near identical to damage output as brad, had the ability to tank more hits with their versatile defenses, leaving boy intact. Brad meanwhile took blow after blow.

5. Gunvolt

Junkrat was winning at first, setting off an endless spree of explosives. However, like all ammunition and high yield explosives: they run out. And after that rocket, it spells certain doom for the rat, despite how much damage he dealt, your only as good as how good you can recover from it.

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
1. Sonic: He’s has the lead since the beginning, has shown to be capable to break Gordon’s stuff and is ridiculously fast
2. Yu: Don’t know much about either fighter, but Yu’s Persona does seem to give him an edge
3. Boy and blob: Blob’s array of transformations and the two having hit Brad several times with (I believe) strong attacks gives them my vote
4. GV (obviously voting for my own character lol): While he has taken some damage during the fight, his access to healing and great defensive options would make him outlast Junkrat, possibly finish him off with Luxcalibur when he gets the chance

Last edited:
1. Sonic. Two reasons. One, he’s my character xD. Two, same reason as you.
2 and 3. I honestly haven’t been looking at those, as I don’t have time to look at everything, so I’m just gonna skip these, but if I need to vote, then Dmitri and Boy and Blob.
4. Junkrat. He’s my character. Also, Junkrat has a stupid amount of ammo, while not infinite like in his game, he still has a crap ton. Also, he still has his rip tire to use, so he could win. He can also keep using concussion mines to avoid most or all things thrown at him, as those things move him far and fast, as well as knocking others back, being an overall effective move avoider. I probably should’ve posted, but I’ve been so busy recently, and I haven’t had nearly as much time to post as I used to, sorry about that.

Last edited: