• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Boku No Hero Academia RP

But that's big picture plot, we're just trying to figure out what changes would've occurred over a 10-15 year period.
I personally love the concept, but I'd want it to occur quite a bit down the road. Although, if Kyuu has some ideas planned that overshadow Deku and One for All, perhaps it won't be the climax of the story, which id also be okay with.

I am kinda sick right now. I took some medication and will see if an hour nap helps me improve.

We've got
1. Personalized simulation entrance exams for various students.
2. Deku being missing/new villains rising plot
3. Whatever kyuu has planned.

Any ideas you have?

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I am kinda sick right now. I took some medication and will see if an hour nap helps me improve.

We've got
1. Personalized simulation entrance exams for various students.
2. Deku being missing/new villains rising plot
3. Whatever kyuu has planned.

Any ideas you have?
Seems good depending on how big Kyuu's idea is

Yeah, what if, like the entrance exam, the sports festival is split into four categories, an example being combat, ingenuity, fine arts, and special cases, again these are just an example, could be varied.
Point is, the students can select one of these four courses to 1, get the attention of potential sponsors, and 2, give them a chance to switch to choose a different course/class if they show the skills necessary.

I feel like I could see the school breaking down the sports festivals to make it easier for sponsors to sift out potential candidate for there specific needs. Plus it would give the students a chance to turn the tide. One thing is, there wouldn't technically be one winner.

I feel like I could see the school breaking down the sports festivals to make it easier for sponsors to sift out potential candidate for there specific needs. Plus it would give the students a chance to turn the tide. One thing is, there wouldn't technically be one winner.

I disagree with this idea. There should be a winner, otherwise it defeats the entire purpose of the tournament aspect behind it.

But that's big picture plot, we're just trying to figure out what changes would've occurred over a 10-15 year period.
I personally love the concept, but I'd want it to occur quite a bit down the road. Although, if Kyuu has some ideas planned that overshadow Deku and One for All, perhaps it won't be the climax of the story, which id also be okay with.
My idea only subtly influences the plot, and it has more to do with Hero Ideology I'll go into detail under a spoiler, and then try a tl;dr snippet without spoilers.

After All-Might retires as a Hero and Endeavor takes up the Mantle as the number 1 Hero, his first major battle is against a modified Nomu and he battles with the new #2 Hawk. During the event of this battle, or right after, we skip to a small scene where it's revealed that Hawk has been acting as an inside informant for the League of Villains and that the attack had been planned.

Although it might seem like a betrayal at first, it's later revealed that Hawk is acting on orders to get closer to the league of villains to access information on them and help obstruct their activities.

Here lies a difference in Ideologies whereas a Hero like All-Might or Endeavor would never work with a villain even if it was for a greater good, not all Heroes think like that, and there are Heroes who believe in swallowing a bitter pill for the greater good in the long run. One of our characters could adopt this Ideology and I think the other characters should find out gradually. What I'm actually aiming for is some character development between the characters where they'd question this moral 'grey' area and where they would stand if given the choice. For Heroes who aren't major powerhouses like All-Might and can't save each and every person they come across, would they choose to follow this sort of ideology? Essentially Killing 100 to save 1000, or would they stubbornly push on? PLUS ULTRA!!

It's almost a classic situation of something appearing 'wrong' but being done for the right reason; Actions vs Intentions.
TL;DR I want to put the characters in a situation that's morally grey and would force them to question their ideals as a hero.

so are we gonna choose between the two plots, because in the plot mentioned before Deku was #1 and here Endeavor is, meaning that they probably took place at different times.

The plot I mentioned happens while Deku is still in school, it's canon. It really depends on how far ahead in the future we time skip.

However, who the number 1 Hero is doesn't influence the plot I was suggesting. All my plot does is create a possibly grittier reality for our would-be heroes.

okay then. if this is taking place in the current timeline, what class would we be in? I think Deku should be in 2-A by then so it would make sense for us to be first years in the hero course.

Well, I'm all up for an AU if everyone else is. I think the whole mystery of a missing Deku is nice, but it doesn't have to be Deku, our AU #1 Hero could go missing too. OOOorrrrr he can straight up die, a sort of flip from the current situation in MHA, instead of the Hero's having a strong grasp on society, it's instead the villains who rose to power and the world is more dystopian.

'Heroes' in general could be frowned upon because of the fear imposed by the villains and the school would be more of an underground institution that hides away and trains heroes in secret...think an X-men type scenario.

I don't know about the dystopian anti-hero future and the number 1 hero (whoever that will be) being dead. It's not that I'm saying that we should stay as close to the original plot as possible, but I feel like we need an entire underground hero program. The common attacks from what should now be an entire cult of Stain and a reformed League of Villains along with a highly publicized clash of ideals AND the number one hero being missing should be enough to set a gritty tone. I think there could also be more groups of heroes simply becoming paramilitary organizations. There could also be a sort of Civil War debate, with some people speaking out against heroes becoming puppets for the government.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well, I'm all up for an AU if everyone else is. I think the whole mystery of a missing Deku is nice, but it doesn't have to be Deku, our AU #1 Hero could go missing too. OOOorrrrr he can straight up die, a sort of flip from the current situation in MHA, instead of the Hero's having a strong grasp on society, it's instead the villains who rose to power and the world is more dystopian.

'Heroes' in general could be frowned upon because of the fear imposed by the villains and the school would be more of an underground institution that hides away and trains heroes in secret...think an X-men type scenario.
Sounds interesting

I don't really have any other idea of what to do with Deku if he ISN'T an All MIght-esque #1 hero. it's all the more reason to go crazy over his disappearance.

I say we start throwing ideas tomorrow if everybody is in.
Ideas we just came up with:
-Anti-Hero future, Villains influence society and heroes are forced into hiding
-#1 Hero who doesn't have to be Deku might die instead of going missing.
-Cult of Stain and Reformed League of Villains
-Actions vs. Intentions debate
-More and more heroes joining Paramilitary Organizations and becoming puppets for the government

Last edited:
Name: Zach Tailor

Appearance: Zach has messy, caramel brown hair. His oval-shaped glasses cover his dark green eyes. Usual attire is simply some color of cargo pants and a loose grey t-shirt. He's pretty short at 5'5".

Personality:He has one goal: help as many people as possible. When he was younger, he was always told how he was fine, and even great at a lot of things, but great isn't good enough. He always feels like he needs to do more, but he's not unwilling to have a break and crack some jokes. He's pretty good at planning and multitasking, but he can't always pay attention. He has a physical hypersensitivity disorder, however, so he can't wear loose clothes and doesn't like others touching him.

Quirk: Shadow Hand (Emitter) He can control 8 disembodied hands that look like shadow. The hands can all do different activities at once. He can also fuse two hands together for increased size and strength, and fuse the fused hands as well. At the highest level, he can punch at over 500 pounds of force, and have a hand size of around 5 feet.

Quirk Weakness: He can't demanifest his hands. Simple weakness, but his quirk is only situational outside of combat. Also, it can be hard to control 8 hands doing all different things, so he could get distracted.

Costume: A loose grey jumpsuit, almost like the ones skydivers wear. 4 oversized, hand-shaped slots adorn the arms of the suit. His shoes have a special material on the bottoms that easily grips onto skin, and therefor, his quirk.

Backstory: Zach comes from a European family with aspirations of heroism. However, none have ever made it. They have been counting on Zach to bring home the prize, and why would he let his family down?

We need to seriously work on defining the plot for this RP; So far we've got these scattered Ideas.
  • Anti-Hero future, Villains influence society and heroes are forced into hiding
  • #1 Hero who doesn't have to be Deku might die instead of going missing.
  • Cult of Stain and Reformed League of Villains
  • Actions vs. Intentions debate
  • More and more heroes joining Paramilitary Organizations and becoming puppets for the government
Any more? or can we start working on a plot?

We'll also need a list of all the participants so we can make a convo or at least tag everyone so we can all share our bit.

Last edited: