• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Boku no Hero Academia : Future Heroes of the US

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
@bluesclues @MemMae @Godjacob @SS-I Never @CosmicDreams @Sarah316

IHS, the Institute of Heroic Studies located in Los Angeles, California. It's the starting place for many great heroes, and is comparable to Japan's UA High. In this age 80% of the world's population are born with special abilities called Quirks. The first person to manifest a Quirk was a newborn baby in the city of Quig Quig, China, who had the ability to emanate light from their body. After that incident, many people around the world began to manifest different kinds of special abilities, though the cause of the phenomenon was unknown. This lead to increasing dangers and a few not-so-nice people becoming a problem for citizens. In response select individuals began work as heroes and it has been the job youth strove for ever since. IHS is one of the top hero schools in the world, and has been known to have a grueling entry exam.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parker stood near the gate of the large test area. He hadn't payed much attention to the lecture they had received prior to the test, but he had grasped the concept for the most part. The thousands of potential students would enter the arena and be forced to fight each other, the last 60 remaining students would be put into three seperate classes. He cracked his knuckles and felt his blood start to heat up from the thought of fighting so many people.

"This is gonna be fun"

It had been a long and gruelling journey to IHS but finally after 2 flights and an incredibly boring bus ride Niko was here, standing within the mighty gates of it's compound. The place was absolutely swarming with people, most of which looked to be in various states of nervousness. A general mummer was all that he could here amongst the crowd, American accents everywhere, but of course that was to be expected. Only one thing was really bothering the boy and that was the entry exam itself. They were meant to fight each other? This wasn't what he had been preparing for, most hero schools started off with bots or something similar. Clearly this place was the real deal.

Beside him some kid cracked his knuckles and muttered something about fun, so at least somebody looked to be enjoying themselves. It wasn't necessarily a lack of confidence that was getting Niko down, no he knew that his quirk was powerful enough that he could end up one of the last 60, rather it was the simple fact that he had been preparing for the wrong entry exam for months and right now he was feeling the effects of jet lag pretty badly. "Well enjoy it whilst you can guys.." he thought to himself whilst sighing gently, looking at the many faces around him once more. So they had a little bit of an advantage in that he was kinda tired, so what? He could kick half their asses with his eyes closed.

"Come on lets get this show on the road!" He smiled, trying to work himself into a better mood, clapping his hands together once to emphasise what he was saying. As his mother always said, if you go in thinking like a loser you'll be one.

Yanata Mikoto, an exchange student from Japan, made it to the Institute of the Heroic Studies in Los Angeles.

Yanata was a little nervous, after all, she just moved to a new country. Yanata wasn't going to let it get to her, though. She had to prove to everyone that she is a capable hero.

Yanata then heard what the rules for the preliminary tests, and she was shocked. Fight!? Are they serious!? This only helps those with offensive quirks, which I do have, but I feel sorry for those who don't.

Yanata then stepped up, glaring at the front gates, and was ready for the upcoming test.

Towards the back of the group, a lone student sat on a bench along waiting for the test to begin. Given his appearance, his clay skin, most students avoided him which he expected to happen.

Thomas Andrews, better known as "Tom" and even better known as "the clay freak" waited for the exam to begin. Tom did not seem to be in a good mood, given his frown, and it was mostly out of stress for this test but specifically at the mention that the students would have to fight each other.

Lovely, gives these guys an excuse to go after the freak and eliminate the monster before entering the IHS. It doesn't matter, I have to win and get in. I won't....let my path to being a hero end before it begins.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sakura happily skipped around, her smile a show of how excited she was for this upcoming test. This was her big chance, to get into the IHS and begin her path to being a hero! Sakura knew she had to put on a show to impress the pro heroes watching, and she also knew the competition would be stiff. However, Sakura was determined to preserver and earn her way into the Top 60.

Alright, just gotta give it my all and show everyone what I can do!

However, Sakura's attention turned to a lone student in the back who seemed sad. Like someone kicked his favorite puppy or something. Not wanting to see a student in downed spirits, Sakura happily skipped over to the student sulking on the bench.

"Hey there, are you okay? You don't look so good." Sakura asked as she faced the student on the bench who others seemed to be avoiding.

Tom glanced up at a cheerful girl asking him what was wrong with him. While surprised that someone bothered to talk with him, Tom felt it was better to try and reassure the girl.

"Oh, nothing. Just a...a little nervous for the test is all." Tom said, speaking a half-truth that would hopefully get the girl to not prod around so much. She didn't need to worry about his problems.

The 45 minute bus ride from the rolling golden hills of her hometown finally ended, and Simmons stepped off the bus at IHS. This is Los Angeles, city of angels, birthplace of stars. Simmons intended to make her mark here, and prove that even her shy self could become one of the best heroes.
She leaped from the bus, thanking the bus driver for handing her her messenger bag on the way off, and started to head towards the crowds of teenagers at the school gates. She clutched her notebook tightly against her chest as she went, and her untied shoelaces flapped against the pavement. The LA backstreets through which she walked gave way, and she stood face first with a heap of body odor, cockiness and nerves. She was ready for this, she convinced herself. She leaned against a tree near the back, and began to scribble her surroundings in her notebook. Nearby, she noted, a loner guy tried to dodge conversation with a cheerful looking girl. These two, and all the others in the crowd, were people she was going to have to attempt to fight at some piont in the next few minutes, so she needed to make note of her surroundings before the gates opened.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"It's okay, everyone is nervous. Even if they don't show it. My name is Sakura, nice to meet you!" Sakura said with a smile, trying to be friendly as she gave her introduction to the clay-skinned guy. "Clay Man" as she would mentally refer to him, so long as he didn't take offense to that of course.

Things were getting uncomfortably hot in the midst of the crowd. Not just from the body heat though, it was if there was a fire near by....it could just be his imagination but it actually seemed to be emitting from the guy who had been cracking his knuckles. Regardless of the source he wanted to get away from it, find somewhere to catch his breath.

After shouldering his way through the heaving masses Niko found himself near a few others who had separated themselves from the main group. Some kid with a very physical quirk going on, skin like cement or something. A girl chatting with him, nothing betraying what her quirk might be just yet. Finally another girl was nearby, a notebook in her hand as she leant against a tree, scribbling away. Something struck him as odd about the latter. Why bring a book to an entrance exam? Surely she knew that it wasn't going to be a quiz of some kind and that there was a decent chance she would lose it during the trial? Intrigued he walked up to her, putting on his best friendly face. Not that it often worked mind you, his version of a warm smile was more of a half smirk.

"Hey you know your shoe laces are untied right? Just a heads up, might put you at a disadvantage in a few minutes is all." He pointed out to her, gesturing at her feet as he stopped a meter or so away from her.

Simmons paused, and looked up from her scribbling. A pair of friendly looking hazel eyes rested on her, and a matching mouth prompted her about her shoelaces in a British accent. She looked down at her shoelaces.
"Oh, shoot!" she muttered, and bent down to tie them in small hasty knots.
She comes back up to her leaning against the tree, beet red and quite embarrassed that her first social interaction was to tell her that her shoelaces were untied. She looked at the boy's chin, a strategy she learned to make it look like she is looking at your eyes, and felt obligated to introduce herself to the first person she had met.
"H-hi, I'm Simmons." She managed, extending her arm half way between them.

Tom had to admit, someone wanting to know his name was a surprise. This girl was almost overly too friendly and spirited, Tom felt that was the only explanation for wanting to talk with the "freak" among these students.

Still, it felt nice.

"My name is Thomas, though I go by Tom." Tom replied with a smile.

"I think "freak show" would be a more fitting name to go by."

Tom glanced over at a random student a little bit away from them who spoke that insult at him, which dampened his spirits once again.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker heard grunts of discomfort and whispering around him and before he had realized it, there was nobody around him.

"Damnit, this thing needs to start so I can blow off some steam. Nobody is going to want to be around me at this rate." Parker sighed and looked around him, but everyone had either left the area or had already been making conversation. He knew from the get go that unless he found someone with a quirk that could resist his heat that he was going to be working alone. Even so, having nobody to talk to still stung a bit.

Jay arrived at the school gates of IHS, happy that her hours-long drive here was over. The grounds were already populated with students - she was thankful that wasn't late, despite her getting a generous amount of sleep. She intended to keep to herself in the corner, maybe on her phone or something... she wasn't really great at the whole social interaction thing, and it seemed that everyone had already established their social circles. Whatever, I don't need friends yet. I'll just try to be likable and see what happens. Looking at the massive crowd of people, Jay yawned, wishing that the test would start so she could go home, eat some french fries, and then nap. At this rate, that might not be in order.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sakura shot a glare at that random student who made that mean comment to Tom, sticking her tongue out at the student before turning back to Tom to see his spirits were down again.

Putting someone down cause their Quirk makes them look different, that's so mean and unnecessary.

"Don't let that jerk get to you. You are not a freak." Sakura said, trying to offer reassurance.

Niko, ever oblivious to such things, failed to notice the girls face quickly turning red as she hastily rectified her untied shoelaces. Didn't help that his skin often never changed to any colour but black. What he did pick up on however was that behind her glasses the girl's blue eyes weren't quite meeting his own, perhaps she was a little nervous? Poor lass, it made sense really, the big event would be starting very soon. Of course it didn't occur to him that it might be his sudden arrival and comment that had made her feel embarrassed.

"Niko Alasire." He grinned, extending his own arm to meet hers and giving it a firm shake. After letting go he cocked his head to the side slightly and rocked back on the balls of his feet, trying to figure out how to word his next question without sounding rude. "So Simmons, I've gotta say I'm curious about what you've been scribbling away in there. Just seems odd to me that anybody would bring a book to something like this."

Simmons had no idea what to say. She looked down at the small leather bound notebook in her hands, and nervously traced the creases on the cover with her fingernail. Her element of surprise has a crucial feature of her own quirk, and it often worked in her favor. No one would suspect that the nervous and weakly schoolgirl who clung obsessively to her notebook actually used it as part of her Quirk.
"O-oh," she said, "I just like to write my surrounding down in this notebook. It eases me for some reason. I figure if the whole hero job flops on it's face, maybe I could write a book or something."
That seemed like a normal, innocent thing to say to the boy, right. She did, after all, really like writing in her free time, and it did calm her nerves. So there was some truth to the whole statement. But only a half-truth, which made her feel guilty. She did not like lying to this boy who been so kind to her, and she worried that he would turn away from her if he realized he would been lied to. Nonetheless, she pushed on to keep up her lie.
"Sorry, I'm only this n-nervous because I need to be. I basically release emotional energy at people as a Quirk," she stated. She realized how contradicting that sounded, judging by the fact she had just said that writing eases her. Gosh, she thought, I am so bad at this. But she needed her element of surprise. Maybe if he knew, he would tell others and they would gain up against her to try to steal the notebook, she reassured herself.

Yana was so bored. She had been waiting for the test to begin for what seemed like days. She noticed some people were socializing, and decided she wanted to get on that action. Yana then noticed this guy who seemed lonesome, and who was wearing some odd looking gloves.

Yana then walked up to the guy, and immeadiately started feeling the heat around her. What the!? It was just coolder from where I came, why did it become so hot!? Yana started sweating, and then said to the guy, "Hey *huff huff* there. You looked *huff huff* lonely, and I thought *huff huff* we could be able to talk."

Niko had always been interested in the quirks of others so was happy to hear about one he was yet to come across. Emotion based attacks? That could be powerful actually, depending on how it worked. Did a sad attack make people break down into tears? So many questions on the tip of his tongue but he held back, not wanting to pester the poor girl any further. He even managed to over look the contradiction of her needing to be nervous to fight but having something with her that calmed her nerves. Probably had something to do with the fact that he was standing within a crowd of people who would soon be at his throat, not a single ally to depend on. Although that could change if he played his cards right....Maybe a show of what he could do would be enough to make Simmons more likely to team up.

"Emotion based attacks huh? Never heard of that one before, neat quirk. In fact I hate to be so forward but would you maybe want to team up in this trial thing? I feel like such a fish out of water here it would be nice for somebody to have my back. New country, new school and all that." He asked with his palms splayed out in front of him, a physical representation of his invitation.

"In fact before you answer let me show you my quirk, only fair since you told me yours." He apologised with a sheepish grin. In an instant the boys skin swapped from that of a normal humans to a featureless black, all the details of his face vanishing. Where his eyes had been were now two yellow crystals and his mouth was essentially just a jagged dark hole. As he stood their his entire form seemed to occasionally ripple, a result of individual crystals shifting in place.

Simmons face went completely blank. Niko had become a crystal boy, rippling in front of her. And he had asked her to team up. The crowds of nervous or cocky kids suddenly seemed very far away. Even the two kids nearby, the cheerful girl and the boy made of clay, seemed so utterly distant as of this moment. Calm, she urged herself, calm. She had caught herself in a backfired lie, and now she needed to worm her way out. What would she do with an emotion quirk? Anger, the urge to scream, could become a sound wave. She could urge Niko to make her angry, and then when he wasn't looking, etch the words "sound wave" into her notebook. Or, she could use her self doubt as a shield, and claim that she wasn't very good, hoping that he would go away. Lying more sounded horrible, and she didn't think he would buy into the self doubt.
"Um," she begun, trying to build an enthusiastic sounding voice, "N-neat Quirk! I'd love to team up with you." It sounded strange and fake from her perspective, and she momentarily despised herself for it. She had a team mate now, a team mate that believed that she had an emotion quirk. She sighed mentally, these social challenges are why she was always so nervous. Now to figure out how to go about this. She clutched her notebook just a smidgen tighter, and smiled haphazardly at her new teammate.
"We should probably move closer to the gates, the exam is bound to start any minute." She offered, mustering all her self confidence and bravery to the forefront.

Something was clearly wrong with the way Simmons replied to what Niko had said. It was if her heart wasn't in it at all. Had asking her to team up whilst barely knowing her been a step to far? Silently the boy cursed himself, shifting back into his normal form as he did so. Well it was too late to back out now, he would just have to make a good impression and ensure that she didn't regret agreeing to his little idea.

"Sounds like a plan, if we can get in early we can probably find a defendable position or something." He replied, nodding in agreement with Simmons suggestion. It made sense really, those at the back would get caught up in the fighting of those who would already be in the arena, giving them no time to find somewhere to hide or even get some breathing room. "If worst comes to worst you can always just hit somebody with your notebook I suppose." He smirked, chuckling softly at his own joke.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker looked over to see a taller muscular girl. She seemed to be a little uncomfortable, which made sense considering how hot it was.

"Oh, thanks for the thought. I don't know how enjoyable I am to be around, sorry. There is a reason everyone else left this area." Parker didn't know if this girl was that nice or just crazy. Nobody normal would put up with this heat.

Agh, god, this heat is unbearable. But, I'll deal with it.

"Your *huff huff* welcome. And *huff huff* you're fine. It's just *huff huff* this heat that is unbearable, but I can deal with it. By the way, my name's Yanata, but you can call me Yana. What's your name?" Yana told the guy.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"My name's Parker, thanks for bearing the heat. I know it gets obnoxious."

Just as Parker was introducing himself he heard an incredibly loud buzzer and saw the gates infront of him open.

"Guess I'll see you on the inside Yana." Parker said rushing into the arena. He saw someone trembling in the center with a few people around them. He could feel his blood surpass 400 degrees and his metal knuckles heating up. Time for some beatdowns.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sakura heard the buzzer and saw the gates open to signal the start of the match and grinned before turning to Tom.

"Well time to go to work. Hope you do well and I wish you the best of luck." Sakura said before she ran through the gates, going towards the middle for where the bulk of the competitors would be. Wasn't long before a student with some sort of physical Ox-human hybrid Quirk cut her off.

"All right, it's show time!" Sakura said with some fire as she charged the Ox student.

Yana went running into the arena as well. Dammit! It's already starting! I wanted to partner up with that Parker guy, so at the very least we can help each other make it to the end!

As Yana entered the arena, she noticed that a bunch of people targeted her, and were charging for an attack. Yana quickly touched the floor of the arena, and her body immediately became the same material. She then enlarged the size of her hand into a mallet, and started wacking competitors left and right.

Alright, good so far. But I better not get cocky.

Tom couldn't help but smile at Sakura's kind words and her wishing him luck. However, he had to focus. It was time for the exam.

I'll do my best, I'll show everyone that I can be a hero.

"Gah!"

Tom was kicked back into a wall by a student, getting in a defensive position as he was boxed in. This exam had gone poorly rather quickly; which is funny considering it started off fine enough. Tom got into a fight with this shockwave Quirk student and was holding his own before a group of seven other students intervened and began to team up on him. Each time Tom isolated one of two of them, another pair or more would block his efforts with coordinated attacks. Now Tom had no way to retreat and regroup as they had him pinned to a wall.

"Fighting eight on one isn't very heroic." Tom said, causing a girl with a fire Quirk to laugh as she generated a fireball.

"Well it is heroic to team up to combat the terrible monster. And you fit that role better than anyone." The girl said before she launched a fireball at Tom who in turn got his hands up and shifted his clay skin in a shield to try and block the attack. Tom knew his odds at beating all of them under these circumstances was a long shot, but he really had no other choice.

As Yana was fighting off competitors, she looked on at the distance and noticed a guy being attacked by a group of other competitors. She didn't really care at first, as it could've been all part of the exam, but then she was able to hear "Well it is heroic to team up to combat the terrible monster. And you fit that role better than anyone."

Yana stopped in her tracks, and couldn't help but get frusturated at what that girl had just said.

The girl then glared upon Tom, and said, "You should just give up being a hero." She was about to launch another attack at Tom, until suddenly she got punched in the face by an enlarged fist. This attack was able to make the girl fly across the arena. The attack came from none other than Yana. She glared at every single competitor, and exclaimed, "And you all call yourselves hero in training?" Yana then enlarged the size of her fists to be twice her size, and was able to sweep four of the competitors tormenting Tom. While doing this, she exclaimed, "REAL HEROES WILL NEVER MISTREAT AN INNOCENT BECAUSE OF THEIR LOOKS!" The other four just glared at Yana, and she was glaring more intensely then they were.

Yana then looked back at the clay looking guy, and said, "Hey, can you help me out here?"

Tom was speechless, he had prepared to block the second fireball before the woman was set flying by another student who proceeded to curse them out and then sweep aside four other members of the group. The leader, the one with the shockwave Quirk, glared at the girl.

"What business do you have here anyway!? This is his fight, not yours!" The man said before he fired a shockwave at Yana only for Tom to stand in front and harden his skin to block the impact. He then enlarged his own clay fist and slammed it against another pair of the group to send them flying.

Tom glanced back at Yana, a thankful look on his face in spite of the confusion.

Yana nodded back to Tom after his glance, and then looked at the shockwave man.

She was glaring at him intensely, but then, surprisingly, started laughing, and then said, "A famous hero once said, 'Meddling when you don't need to...IS THE ESSENCE OF BEING A TRUE HERO!"' Yana then ran towards the shockwave man, and punched straight in the gut. More competitors then started charging towards Yana, and she then started clashing fists with them once more.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker had taken out quite a few other competitors, but he was starting to tire out. He figured it would be better to intimidate the others rather than fight them. He started heating up more and more, the moisture in the air was rapidly evaporating. The cloud of steam around him grew and ended covering nearly a quarter of the arena.

"You know what? This is too good of an opportunity to pass up!" Parker sprinted through the steam and launched his fist into the jaw of an unsuspecting competitor. Now this is what I was lookong for!

Tom shifted his hands into two giant clubs and began to bash more competitors charging at Yana. Soon enough more students were sent flying as the shockwave student glared and fired a high powered shockwave at the pair.

Tom got on his knees and generated a large barrier using his hands to shift into it. Tom would take the brunt of the blast which left an opening for Yana.

Yana noticed the opening, shifted her hand into a club, and smacked the shockwave guy on top of the head with full force.

Yana then noticed a bunch of other competitors coming for her and Tom. "Sorry, dude," Yana said as she grabbed Tom by the legs, and then started spinning him around. The rotational spin basically mad it impossible for any competitors to get near them.

Yana then put Tom down, and went at it at the dazed competitors, knocking more and more of them.

Jay was had no team for the exam, deciding that she didn't need one. Just weed out the weak. Stay in the fight - all I've gotta do. She decided to only transfer her legs for the exam to ward off fatigue and use a legs-oriented fighting style, or in other words, kick everyone in the face. Feeling scales grow over her legs and a tremendous increase in muscle mass, she dashed in through the gates, each step light, quick, and with purpose. The first few combatants that dared cross her path had their exams ended with their faces kicked into the dirt. "Hahahaaaaaaa. This is fun!! The most fun I've had in a loooooooooong time. I hope I didn't kill them, though..." Jay grinned, laughing at the students whose dreams she crushed. When she was fighting, she felt...different, somehow. Suddenly, she was enveloped in a huge steam. "Hmmmmmm..? What's this...?" She mused, her vision obscured. "Well, time to find the source." Jay sprinted into the steam.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Rainbow Shower!"

Sakura blasted down at several students with a series of rainbow-colored laser blasts while hanging in the air, a smile on her face as she knocked them out. Sakura landed on her feet.

"Oh man, so many I might run out of gas before we are done. But I have to keep going, gotta show my stuff!" Sakura said, before some fighting in the distance caught her eyes.

That guy from earlier, Tom, was fighting with someone against several students. Curiosity got the best of her as she began to make her way to the area to get a better look.

Tom was also dazed from Yana's impromptu strategy but quickly recovered before he focused on bashing the dazed students with his hands shifting into large tennis rackets.

"For future reference, warn me next time you decide to do that." Tom said to Yana before he focused on slamming away dazed students.

Simmons heard the buzz of the gates as she made her way through the crowd of kids, hoping Nico would follow her. Immediately, the clump of eager teenagers took off racing for the gates, each one hoping for decent results. Simmons took off with them at a light jog, not wanting to run straight into the heart of the battle. She couldn't see Nico in the dusty fury of children, but knew he was probably close by. Oh well, she would have to make due on her on. The whole arena was filled with skirmishes, big and small. She watched from the sidelines as fireballs hurtled and some competitors smacked others with enlarged limbs. One boy was blanketing the arena with steam, using the cover to punch down unsuspecting enemies. She opened her notebook here, and found a clean page after some of her scribbling from earlier. Then, she sat down in the dirt, back against the wall. She did not dare to waste the space the page provided, waiting for a suitable target. It did not help that all this gosh darn steam was in her way!
After a few minutes wasted watching her competitors, shadows and outlines in the hazy arena, Simmons resolved to create a gush of wind that would part the steam. She moved her unsteady and nervous palm over the clean page of her notebook, the sunlight glinting off the sparkle of her fresh flowery nail polish. The shake in her hand began to subside, slowly, as her fingernail traced the light lines of a word at the top of the paper. W-I-N-D, it wrote. The word raced from the edge of the notebook and outlined itself in bright and striking blue on the rough brown of the dirt. Then, almost immediately, it vanished. A huge gush of wind blew throughout the arena, and cleared the majority of the steam. Simmons got up, grinning at her work, and brushed herself off. The challenges had only just begun.

The battle was hectic right from the start. Hundreds of different abilities being put to the test against each other in an almost terrifying show of strength. Many of these people had what it takes to go far for sure, some people even further. Niko hoped he belonged to the latter group. Simmons was quickly devoured by the swarm of bodies, somewhere just out of sight but yet completely unreachable without going through at least 20 hero wannabes. For a split second he considered following her but was distracted by some sort of laser beam whizzing by his face and taking out some poor girl who had been trapping people in oversized bubbles. More flashes of light and dangerous sounds caused him to get lost even further, not even attempting to attack yet as he dodged attack after attack. His plan had been to get somewhere defendable and just stay put but at this rate he would be knocked out befo.....was that mist?

Indeed a large part of the battle field was now lost in a veil of thick swirling mist creating the eerie feeling of being lost inside a cloud. Now this brawl was even more hectic, with a lack of vision many competitors had taken to just firing their abilities randomly into the fray only to make themselves a target and be taken out. Fortunately this didn't go on for too long as a huge gust of wind was generated from somewhere right behind Niko. The force of it had been so powerful he had felt his clothes start whipping and the mist was swiftly dispersed. Turning around to see the source he thanked his lucky stars.

"Simmons?" He exclaimed before a force struck him from behind so hard he shattered into a thousand pieces. Standing where Niko had been moments ago was a boy who stood at about 7ft tall with literal jack hammers for arms. A goofy grin was plastered on the guy's face, clearly quite proud of his handy work. Sadly for him brute force didn't really work so well on this particular target. The various crystals scattered all over the ground were already beginning to reform, clustering together in what was practically a whirlwind. Seconds later Niko reappeared in his alternate form, a wicked smirk already on his strangely featureless face. Like lightning he landed a strike under the jack hammer boy's chin with one fist, allowing the crystals that made up that hand to coat his head so that he could then proceed to spin around and hurl the guy back into the crowd by his head. Like a bowling ball he ploughed down several other students and drew the attention of many more. Many more with a new target..

"Ah. Maybe that was a bad idea." He said with a sheepish grin directed at Simmons as a bunch of other students rushed towards them.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker had taken out more people than he could count inside the cloud of steam. Faces he did not know being beaten and burned by his hands. His adrenaline was pumping, and with every combatant he defeated, his temperature rose. He could feel his blood pulsing and the air around him reach increasingly high temperatures.

Shit, I'm getting too hot. At this rate I'm gonna start seriously hurting others without meaning to. Without warning Parker felt a gust of wind, followed by two people hurtling towards him. The first being a boy, seemingly made out of clay which he had been able to narrowly dodge.the second being a girl who's legs were covered in scales, this time he knew he wouldn't be able to avoid an attack.

Yana sheepishly laughed, and said to Tom, "Sorry. It was the best thing I came up with."

As Yana kept fighting, she noticed Parker off in the distance. She knew the guy was tough, but he seemed to be getting tired. Yana looked at Tom, and said, "You seem to be doing great. I'm going to go help out another friend. Call for me if you need help."

Yana quickly ran up to him, and pushed him aside from all the incoming attacks. She looked down on him, and said, "*huff huff* You're welcome." She was now extremely tired because of the heat, but she was able to stand. Yana thought she was fine, but then she looked at her hand, and it was...melting! Ah! What the!? Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! She kept trying to solidify herself, but it was extremely difficult. Yana then looked down at Parker's gloves, and they seemed to be fine. That's it! Yana then grabbed Parker's hand, and her body immediately became the same material as the glove. Now, Yana wasn't melting around Parker, and she seemed to be less tired. "Yes!" Yana exclaimed, "This is great!" Yana then started attacking some competitors that were getting near Parker.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Ah, Yana! Thanks for the help, I kind of needed it." Parker turned around taking out another girl in the process. I wonder where that girl with the scales disappeared to.

Not long after Yana had helped him out he heard the alarm signaling that the final 60 competitors remained. Parker sat down, trying to cool himself off. He looked around trying to see who was still standing. He saw the clay guy who had been launched at him, and another boy who seemed to be made out of crystal or stone. He also saw a girl with a book in her hand, and out of the corner of his eye, the girl with the scales. I wonder what her deal is...