• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Boken: An Adventure RP

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
(Link to the discussion thread)
(Uh... what do I put here again?)
Tansa is the world capital of adventuring, thus its name, which means Exploration. It is private land, however, only open to adventurers that have proof of worth, proof to gain the highest title. To get invited into the great walls of Tansa is a very difficult task, but those who do come out as Boken, the highest title of adventurer.
The race towards Tansa is beginning today, and the requirements are a token or a souvenir from each quest you completed. Of course, it's not that easy... It's a practical death race, and you are caught in the midst of it.
It's a great time of year to begin the road to Boken. Will you traverse it? Right now, the biggest adventure out there is simply making it from wherever you come from. By the time you reach Tansa, you're sure to have been through a few adventures.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *・゚✧ ✧゚・: * ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
It was a mildly warm summer. The breeze would cool the lands when the heat rose, and would stop when it dipped. Many people were leaving for the long trip to Tansa, some running out with only a sword and a satchel, on foot. Suchiru didn't blame them, the weather was hardly ever this perfect, and pushing it was too bad of an idea. Of course, he planned on leaving the dry well of a village (Not entirely dry, but the part where Suchiru made a hideout.) today, too, but not before he packed and made sure he had everything. Of course he had his sword, his satchel, and enough food provisions to get him to the next village if he was fast. His last horse had run off the night before, but Suchiru was still confident he could make it, even if it was a near dodge.
The village was full of relatives waving their final goodbyes to the young adventurers who would probably get themselves killed before they made it to the first stop. Tansa was no easy road, it was almost a race. Suchiru slid into the narrow alleyways and looked around from the top of a house. He would wait until the village emptied out in the early afternoon to leave. It was already almost time...
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *・゚✧ ✧゚・: * ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

"I told ya ta get out of here! No money, no drink!" The barkeep yelled roughly shoving Rion out into the streets. The dark-haired beggar stumbled out, when his legs managed to tangle with his staff. Seeming to not even care, Rion fell flat on his face. It was still the morning, and Rion was already completely plastered. The drunkard slowly got to his feet, staggering back and forth. Adventures on their way out of the village were making sure to steer clear of this foul-smelling man.
"Well... you don't have ta wory ab't me..." Rion slurred, wavering slightly. "Cos' this'll be th' last time I ever visit ur establishment, my fine sir..."
Rion began to walk away when he realized his staff was still on the ground. With an unusually precise movement for one so drunk, Rion stuck his foot under his staff and kicked it up into his hand. He twirled the staff once before making his way down the street, staggering back and forth.

Tears welled up in Elva's eyes, puffy with sadness and red with sudden loneliness. "You're not quite as beautiful when you are sad." a burly man with graying hair wiped his hand across Elva's cheek before embracing her in a gentle hug. At this point, she could not stop the flow of water which warmed her cheeks as it slowly dripped sorrowful tears. "You don't have to go yet, you know? Wait until you're ready." the man added and a few figures of the crowd nodded in agreement. Elva was the only person in her village to decide and take the quest to Tansa. Her whole family came out to wish her luck, and her whole family was the entire town. It was much more sentimental than the girl would have liked. In truth, she didn't like what she was about to do. But she had to do it.
"How could anyone ever be ready for something like this?" Elva's voice, silky with youth but laced with maturity, rose above the others as she took a step back. The young female rested her hands inside the palms of the older man and she offered everyone a tearful smile- forced, but somehow reassuring. Behind her, the girl was all packed up- a tall horse stood patiently. Henry was a sturdy horse, the best thing Elva could ask for as far as a traveling companion. He carried a sack on both sides of his flank, attached to a think saddle which also sported her sheathed sword. Elva sighed before turning and walking towards Henry, offering her hand to the horse, who pressed his slender nose against it. Elva whispered something and pressed her forehead to the creature before mounting him in one quick motion.
"Be well, child. And don't forget to visit once you're rich and famous." the man from the crowd have his arms, warranting everyone else to give their goodbyes. Elva looked over her shoulder at the crowd, delicately waving back before she lightly's tapped Henry's side. Into the woodlands, they began walking- she's have to camp one night in the forest and then hopefully get to the next village early in the second morning- that way she could stock up again on supplies. Like that, the girl was off. For all she knew, she may never return to her home.

"Father. This seems an awful long way." Kenji's words were small and meaningless. He furrowed his eyebrows in concern as he traced his finger across the paper map that had just been given to him by a skinny man who was currently ignoring him. "I don't know if I'll make it." Kenji spoke again, slightly louder, as he turned to face his father. The man raised his eyes to meet his sons before he simply huffed angrily and reached in his pocket for a cigarette. Kenji's face twisted with frustration, "I can't do it! You can't mak-" Kenji took a step closer before the man shot up and Kenji stumbled backwards with surprise. The boy, tripping over a pebble at his heel, fell backwards and grimaced at his father's pale face and beady eyes. He looked like a zombie, and his expression showed all emotions and none at the same time.
"You can't do it? Really! Do you not know what I've done for you? Or how about those stupid adoptive parents of yours? So many people have worked so hard to give you a decent living, and you can't even travel a measly distance to help support your family? That's exactly the kind of behavior that gets people killed!" the man ranted, mostly to himself- but Kenji just sit trembling under him. "Won't you just do this one thing, for your old man? I'm too weak to do it myself- we need the money." the man added, softer now. With a sigh, Kenji's father sat with his back against the wall and lit his cigarette. Kenji cleared his throat, his eyes searching desperately around him before he nodded.
"Yeah. I- I'm sorry. I can do that, if it'll help the family." Kenji smiled softly as he folded up the map and shoved in deep inside of his coat pocket. Kenji looked up at the building tops, cheaply made and peeling. The town once over populated and wealthy, now forgotten and crumbling. Kenji looked back at his father- who gave him and expectant expression and gestured him to start going. Kenji sighed as he scooped up an old leather bag, it was crinkled do to being so empty. He could feel his wooden baton pressed against his back, and the three dried dates he packed for a snack rattled in his bag. Kenji fastened the straps across his shoulders before he began marching towards the distance, only praying he was going the right direction and being oblivious to the dangers that awaited him.

Within the dim outskirts of a forgettable village lied a mass of bored and weakened bodies. Kids were playing with torn balls that smelled like pure dread, the women were knitting tirelessly till there fingers could no longer bleed, and one teenage boy (Who now considers himself a man) is looking at all of them. His father recently passed out from drinking and crying. Still Rook too the time to kiss his forehead before he left. He had been preparing for this journey for at least a year now and was ready as he ever will be. There was nothing left for his family to give. They were falling on there hardest times and the only way out of it was to move far away. He had been told what the legendary title Boken could do for someone and it was too good of an opportunity. With the last of his goodbyes to his brothers, sister, and friends who might as well be family, Rook ventured off in a rented carriage with his trusty weapons. In the back of the wagon, all he could think of was how much money he would have and how fast he could swing his sickle.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Suchiru noticed that the village was emptying, slowly but surely. There were the rich and the poor alike, all in a race to fame and money. Suchiru didn't care much for the first, and the second is what pulled him out of his hole every morning. Although, deep down, his internal conflict was over fortune and being set, or showing up the greedy rich people who were only here for more money.
Suchiru slid back into the alley way, and went to grab and cram in as many coins as his bag would allow, before he closed his bag and walked out of the alley, not bothering to cover up the hole.
I'm not coming back, if the poor people want it, they can have it. Even though I put them in this position, I almost hope the best for them.
And with that, he pulled his collar up to cover as much as possible and slid into the end of the crowd, keeping a keen eye out for a horse or two. He left earlier than he had been intending, but time felt too slow and too fast at the same time. He had to get moving, and after all, leaving early couldn't hurt, since the line was ending anyways...

Rion continued wandering down the streets, swaying back and forth. Was he really going to walk all the way to the next village? Part of himself knew that he was in no shape (at least in his current drunken state), to make such a trip. Just as well, Rion was no horsemen either. He had never even gone near a horse, and probably would not be able to keep himself up. No, he needed something else... Wandering through an alleyway in the darker part of town, he managed to stop himself as the carriage holding Rook rode by. Say... Staggering back and forth, Rion stumbled forward and forced himself into a run after the carriage. When he made it close enough to the carriage, the drunkard used his staff to push himself onto the back of the carriage. He landed with a softness unusual to that of someone in his drunken state. Nice... A free ride. Rion pushed himself up to the roof of the carriage, and, feeling rather safe and comfortable, promptly passed out.

Spachino

Previously El Spazzino
A young man walked through the alleys of a notorious town, known to be the hotspot for most chumps, thieves, and fools alike. This young man, Becquerel Harley, was on a quest like most people to Tansa, wanting to reach Boken and decided this was a good place to start. Bec heard screams enough to drive a man crazy, and while walking through the streets, he was ridiculed.
"Oi you!" A voice called behind him. "Best gimme the loot of yours and skedaddle! Don't ya know this be the most crime filled spot of dis here town?"
A low life? Bec thought, turning to face him, seeing a gray beard, short, and holding a knife. I suppose so. Didn't think it would happen so soon.
"Well? Hand over 'da stuff!" The thug said, waving his knife around in a non-threatening way, even for normal people.
Becquerel laughed, "Well, I sure am shakin' in my boots!" He mocked, pulling out his shield.
"What dah? Ya using a shield instead of'a real weapon? Bahahahaha!"
Yada yada, keep on talking, moron. Bec thought as the old man rushed over to him with the knife. Bec parried it with his shield, using his hand to sock him in the face, knocking him out.
"I've seen enough and done enough. I suppose my next journey is to get a group. What is the title of Boken if there's no one to share it with? Come on horse man, let's get out of here." His horse whinnied and Bec got on the horse, riding out of town and into another town, it was dark and windy, spotting a carriage with a 26 year old chump in the back of it. "That's odd." Bec said, having his horse follow the carriage, possibly someone that might be fun to mess with, and might also be on his way to Boken.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Timeskip: The next day, at the village ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Suchiru's plan had ended up failing, hard. The village was in no spot for peace. Thieves ran across the village, grabbing everything in sight, including the adventurer's money, and not hesitating to kill those who tried to stop them.
Suchiru's itch to steal had never been this bad, but then again, it wasn't like he planned on stopping them.
One managed to get behind Suchiru, who struck him with the flat of his blade. There seemed to be a whole mass of these thieves, however, and once the rest of Suchiru's part of the line was either killed stolen from, or in the process of either (a considerable number fought back.) there were a few who went at Suchiru...

Elva stopped her horse some distance from the city, her mature gaze scanning it's chaos through furrowed eyebrows. Henry stomped impatiently, causing Elva to make up her mind and send him walking towards the city. The girl's lithe hand rested on the hilt of her sword, just in case- nothing about the picture ahead of her seemed very safe. Elva kept her chin up and back straight, being on Henry's back meant she was higher up than most the people around her, she couldn't show that she was afraid. This was what it meant to be an adventurer, to be brave and intrepid. Henry walked cautiously through the crowded village, when a thief ran towards her the girl let out a squeal of surprise- she unsheathed the sword in a swift motion- but Henry reared backwards and came crashing down in front of the thief. Elva, having to steady herself on the horse's back let out a sigh of relief when Henry spun around a kicked the thief right in the chest- the older man stumbling backwards before collapsing on the dirt ground. Elva patted Henry's neck and kept a firm grip on her sword, weary eyes scanning for more enemies. While looking around, Elva's heart suddenly stopped- it seemed a part of the line had been massacred. Many lifeless bodies lay in pools of blood, while other fought over the bodies like it meant nothing. Elva felt a lump on her throat as she pried her eyes away from the scene and slowly backed Henry away.

Kenji dragged his feet through the dry ground, his shoulders slumped with exhaustion and his round eyes narrowed slightly in the bright sun. The boy smiled when he reached the village, his whole body seeming to come to life as eh walked slightly faster. "I hope they've got cold water." Kenji grinned to himself, already imaging the luxuries he would find at the run-down village. Before Kenji could even step into the shade of the buildings- three gruff men jumped towards him and surrounded him in a circle formation.
"Give up your stuff, kid. It's the end of the road for you." the tallest man, seemingly the leader, spoke up and gestured with his hand. Kenji looked the man up and down before letting out a chuckle.
"Sorry- but I really don't have anything for you. I'm poor as dirt!" Kenji exclaimed with a smile as he took the bag off of his shoulders and showed it to the men. Angered by the boy's ignorance, the man ripped the man away from Kenji, earning an "Oh." form the boy before he picked the small child up by the front of his clothing.