• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed BnHA: Your Hero Academia (Discussion)

Right, so timeskip it is! I'm going to do it, it isn't necessary, but you could do something as getting the phone call, put a line or something to show you've shot ahead to the current time, and then interact with whatever's going on in homeroom on the first day. I'm gonna be doing it like that so look at my post for an example of whatever I mean.

@Frontier Master sorry but currently I can't accept you. The Quirk's a really great one (As long as you use something like Radon or Francium as a super move), but you're missing parts, like your Appearance isn't complete. Your age would probably be 15, not 17, or you're going to be lonely, and lastly, Your name is missing a surname and unless you're from another country, chances are your name will be Japanese, too. You could use https://fantasynamegenerators.com/japanese_names.php (Japanese name generator). Sorry for pointing so much out but I need you to fix it to join.
Also optional, but rounding your stats up (e.g. your power is 2.5, so rounding it to 2 or 3) would be a small helpful thing.

Right, so timeskip it is! I'm going to do it, it isn't necessary, but you could do something as getting the phone call, put a line or something to show you've shot ahead to the current time, and then interact with whatever's going on in homeroom on the first day. I'm gonna be doing it like that so look at my post for an example of whatever I mean.

@Frontier Master sorry but currently I can't accept you. The Quirk's a really great one (As long as you use something like Radon or Francium as a super move), but you're missing parts, like your Appearance isn't complete. Your age would probably be 15, not 17, or you're going to be lonely, and lastly, Your name is missing a surname and unless you're from another country, chances are your name will be Japanese, too. You could use https://fantasynamegenerators.com/japanese_names.php (Japanese name generator). Sorry for pointing so much out but I need you to fix it to join.
Also optional, but rounding your stats up (e.g. your power is 2.5, so rounding it to 2 or 3) would be a small helpful thing.
Fixed

All metals are magnetic actually. But some are less magnetic than other's. And there are different types of magnetism that affect different metals differently
I did not know that there were different types of magnetism.

Though some metals are so ‘not magnetic’ that even a magnetar (basically a giant super magnetic star) could hardly magnetise them

@Quake Yes, they are.

Everyone else, so sorry for being dead, I took a break off making the post because I felt like I was rushing it, so I let myself get ideas, and then I just forgot. Gonna post now.

I didn't have Bakugo as the homeroom teacher for any self-satisfying reasons or because he's a popular character, I originally was going with Tenya but decided to change it to Bakugo because I thought it could make stuff more... exciting? Do I make sense?

Alright, let's do a weird one.

Name: Mai Erskine
Age (Year): 15 (First Year, 1A)
Appearance: Mai's a girl of short stature with shaggy, dark ruby hair that extends just below her shoulders and gives the impression that she just got out of bed. Her amber eyes are wide yet sharp like a cat's, yet tinted with playfulness. One may notice an everpresent smirk on her small mouth. Considering her few years of notable martial arts experience, her build could be described as that of a miniature MMA fighter, though not yet as developed as it could be. At times she is mistaken for a cute boy.
Clothing: Most of the clothing she wears is either very loose or very tight depending on the occasion, but often both. She'll wear hoodies and athletic pants casually with compression shorts and shirt underneath, as only they can function with her quirk. During really important physical trials she'll take off the shirt too, only leaving her sports bra, and she'll wrap bandages around her wrist, angles, and chest. Otherwise, her UA uniform is designed to wrap around her body snuggly.
Hero Costume: No idea as of now, but it likely wouldn't be much of a costume. Maybe a onesuit with a special design of some sort, or maybe like the normal clothes she wears. Her quirk can't really work with a costume of many components.
Personality: I don't really enjoy adding personality to a CS, but generally Mai is a fairly dense girl who may or may not fall somewhere on the autistic spectrum. She's not very disciplined about doing things she doesn't like but driven to pursue what she does. She's quite social and is willing to talk with anyone about most topics. She's also easily entertained and easily distracted...and a diehard optimist.
Quirk (Type): Friction (Transformation)
Explanation: This quirk allows Mai to manipulate the coefficient of friction of her body on her surroundings. In simpler terms, she can alter her body to a particular range between "smooth and slippery" and "rough and rigid." Initially it was thought that this was a change in the texture of her surface cells or of what she touches, but it's actually a very thin "aura" that hugs and alters her body but potentially her clothing as well if its tight. In general, the quirk functions like a scale in two directions: increasing and decreasing coefficients of friction. At heightened friction she gains more traction and is coarse to the touch, while at lowered friction her body is softer and may be, for example, more difficult to grab depending on the magnitude. Mai is able to heighten friction in some areas while lowering it in others, though, akin to multitasking, it is at times difficult to regulate effectively and takes longer the greater the attempted spike or dip in coefficient.
Setback: Friction is straightforward in concept but very complicated in application, so she is not yet fully aware of all the strengths and weaknesses. This quirk's complexity could be seen as both. The quirk will evolve along with Mai's knowledge and skill of it, and what she might be able to do will depend on maximum magnitute, alteration speed, and overall control. (My point is that if I went over all the pros and cons this section would be really long. Besides. I want some of it to be intuitively figured out)
Extras: Parts of her body with friction coefficient below 1.00 (standard) will appear to leave a faint trail of fluid afterimages when moving, while areas of friction above 1.00 will throb and vibrate. The intensity of these effects depend on the magnitude.

Power: 2/5
Speed: 4/5
Technique: 4/5
Intelligence: 2/5
Cooperativeness: 5/5

Also I have not read the rest of the RP yet, so if my character is accepted I'll be catching up on that, and maybe a suggestion on where to begin would be appreciated since I'd be kinda late to the party.

Last edited:
@Red Gallade I did mention it in my RP post, yes. You don't have to put a bold Timeskip at the top though, I didn't mention that.
Though, you don't HAVE to do the receiving the letter, you can just do the going to homeroom thing if you want.

@Quake Ooooh I think that's the first ('potentially') autistic OC I've seen, I like when people add things like that to their characters. The Quirk I can see having potential. You're accepted.
Also, anything before my TIMESKIP (most recent) post is unnecessary to read, it's just the Entrance Exam. We've started the actual school now.

@GalacticDeg Ah. Yeah, entrance exams for Hero Aca can raise a lot of questions. I'll just assume that, as this takes place in the future, the exams have developed to include further evaluation, becoming more fair and not catering to specific quirk types.

I'll post soon then.

Last edited:
I'll give my post tomorrow as soon as i have time. Which can take a while.

@GalacticDeg is it possible for you to put up the seat system here in the discussion? There would be much less confusion then. I want Naya to sit in the back. Doesn't matter where as long as he sits in the back

Last edited:
Heck yes. I love Bakugo! On a sidenote, I agree with making a seating chart. Or people can keep editing that seating chart thing we've got going on in the spoilers. That way whoever posts first gets their respective seats Make things more organized. I'll try to get in a post by the end of tonight.

Last edited:
Name: Akiko Raion (Crystal, Lion)
Age (Year): 15, First Year
Appearance: She had blonde hair the colour of a lioness, or near enough. She usually has it braided over her shoulder with a white lily in her hair. Her usual clothes include a white crop top with ‘A’ on it and bright blue denim shorts with rips at the bottom, along with black, transparent tights and black sneakers. Her nails are in the shapes of claws, she has pointy teeth like a lion.
Hero Costume: A lion coloured hoodie with a hood of two lion ears. Black tight shorts with lion coloured tights and black trainers with a paw design. It also includes a lion tail. There’s a furry lion mane around the hood. For her hands, she has paw like mittens.
Personality:
Akiko is a friendly girl with a bubbly personality. She can sometimes get scared in the face of a battle, but there’s always an instinct to drive her forward, even if she’s scared to death. She thinks of everyone as a friend, and can usually make them in a snap, unless they really don’t want to be friends with her. Easily fascinated.

Quirk (Type): Mutation.
Explanation:
She has the enhancements of a lion, able to gain their strength and power.
Setback: The powers are at their best when she’s feeling brave, but if she’s feeling scared, they’re almost useless to her. She can only do short bursts of speed at a time, since lions have such bad endurance.
Extras: If faced with a lion, it will almost treat her as one, and she knows their behaviour and callings. Her tongue is also rough like a big cat, but exactly the same size as a human.

Power: 4/5 (Brave) 2/5 (Scared)
Speed: 5/5 (81 km/h (50 mph)
Technique: 3/5
Intelligence: 3/5
Cooperativeness: 5/5

Name: Sumiye Mirai (Sumiye, Dream)
Age (Year): 16, First Year
Appearance: Brown hair with orange highlights at the bottom. Her skin is fair, but on the tan side. When not in uniform, she wears an orange top with a denim jacket, denim shorts and orange trainers.
Hero Costume: A poofy orange jacket, black shorts and lightning boots that help to speed her up. Her hair is diagonal like a lightning bolt.
Personality: Not a generally respectful girl, she likes laughing at people. She talks to people, but isn’t loyal. She doesn’t have real friends, and she doesn’t know how it feels to have any. She’d probably be a villain if UA didn’t grab the chance to get her, removing another villian from the scene for now.

Quirk (Type): Emitter
Explanation: Paranormal Powers - She can temper with electricity, levitate, make lights flicker, slide objects around and more ghost type powers. Every so often, she can go through solid objects.
Setback: She can only use one at a time, every so often, and not yet at their full power.
Extras: Ghost powers.

Power:
3/5
Speed: 4/5
Technique: 4/5
Intelligence: 3/5
Cooperativeness: 2/5[\SPOILER]

@XBD I was super confused when Fuku said Cemedine quirk. I just agreed to it, but when I searched up the word after my post, I realized there was already a character with this quirk. I thought I was being clever with this quirk, didn't even realize that there was already a name for it and everything XD

@XBD I was super confused when Fuku said Cemedine quirk. I just agreed to it, but when I searched up the word after my post, I realized there was already a character with this quirk. I thought I was being clever with this quirk, didn't even realize that there was already a name for it and everything XD
Gotta day I love your character calling everyone out for their BS it’s pretty funny

@Frontier Master To be honest, I'm playing with Alyssa's character and personality still. She's crazy insecure, but she isn't afraid to push herself to do something, which she often times immediately regrets. She also absolutely zero patience for BS. Honestly, looking back at he character form I filled out- it's nothing like how she ended up XD. But you better watch your back because Kazumi is next.

@Frontier Master To be honest, I'm playing with Alyssa's character and personality still. She's crazy insecure, but she isn't afraid to push herself to do something, which she often times immediately regrets. She also absolutely zero patience for BS. Honestly, looking back at he character form I filled out- it's nothing like how she ended up XD. But you better watch your back because Kazumi is next.
I look forward to it,