• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BNHA: the flotsam lot

What Should Happen Next?

• Field trip!

• All-Schools (all schools in the area) competition

• VILLAINS

• Skills training (focusing on developing actually skills for quirks)

• More competition?

Results are only viewable after voting.
How many times do I have to say drop it? Come on guys, what's the point of carrying such a useless conversation on? If you want to respond to someone's comment, just like it or private message them- it crowds the discussion thread when everyone posts such necessary things. I love all of your characters, and certainly don't regret allowing such a large crowd into the RP recently- but we've never had such problems before. Please keep chatter to a minimum, and be aware of other people's feelings.

Also, people can start posting in the RP thread whenever they are ready. It's become rather slow all of the sudden.

I'm going to be more busy starting from here on, so I apologize in advance for my posting speed. But I can try to type something, just so we can get the ball rolling again. Plus, I was waiting a little while longer than usual because Yoru isn't the type to go seek somebody out for something like this lmao... Guess this time will be an exception.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
@Barefoot_Kittens I got ungrounded early. *forced excitement*
Name: Kotaro Izami "Kota"
Hero Name (Optional): Kota
Age (Year): 16
Appearance (Detailed please): A rather baggy gray hoodie and somewhat worn jeans with combat boots to add an edgy touch. He has brown eyes and black hair, somewhat spiky hair that refuses to be combed down. He has a light tan and freckles that dot his cheeks. He has a semi muscular form, and stands at 5'10
Hero Costume (Optional): It's completely home-made and he's proud of it: he has a white, baggy hoodie with black stripes down the arms and sides , and a light gray mask under it that only goes down to his nose, but has very nearly symmetrical holes for his eyes, on his arms he has black elbow pads, and black/white sparring gloves, and on his legs he has white joggers that he pushes up to his knees so they appear baggy, and covering them are his combat boots, which are partially covered by kneepads.
Personality (Detailed please): He tries his best at everything and doesn't mind getting dirty doing it. He can get along with most people, but enjoys taking time to do his own 'manly things'. He aspires to be like All Might, like most anyone does, except that he didn't even try for yuuei. He wants to show the world that he can be number one by starting at the rock bottom. He's determined to win, but realizes that losing is part of the process.
Major Malfunction (Why are they part of the rejects club?): His setback is harsh, first off, and second off, he doesn't like his quirk all too much, and thinks that it's a lame drawback. He's helpful on the field, but would much rather be on the frontlines beating the heck out of the villains.

Quirk (Type): "Degeneration" Emmiter
Explanation: Degen is basically what it sounds like. It requires physical contact to activate, but he can exert and intake health. He can't simply regen anyone, however. He must first drain someone, and then he can give what he took to someone else. It's a sharing process.
Setback: It's hard for him to select whether hes taking or giving health, and intaking too much health can lead to eventual fainting, or worse medical conditions that I can't remember the name of. Basically the most hp he can drain is like slapping someone and then running away and slapping someone else to give it away. It's a harsh sharing process.

I'm back guys... yay...

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
I have found logical reason for Kosho's quirk. It's... from Film Theory... I don't ever do this much research.

He can create small pulses of electromagnetism, and when I mean small, I mean down to the atom. Because of this, he can alter how much the atoms move. He can speed up the movement, turning it into gas, slow down the movement, turning it into a solid, or keeping it at a normal pace (the hardest), turning into a solid. For an easier transition into solids, he can use water, his favourite. However, most solid items have some property to them that makes them immediately transform back into solids, but in a different form. Kosho does not know why this happens, and is frantically Google Searching this minute!

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
(I don't know where else to put this, I hope this won't hurt the discussion by any means (And by that I mean distract))

We should all find a new artist/author on the Creative Corner at least every week or day, and like their post (but you must actually like the story or art) so you can cheer people up. It especially seems that Written Works *cough* not self promotion*cough* get less attention than art. However, you should also regard the vast amount of art that looks good, but goes un-liked. I'm not saying more 'mainstream' artist are bad, but rather we should also invest time into smaller artists as well.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
@Barefoot_Kittens I hate stressing you more, but Kotaro was never accepted/denied, Please excuse my impatience:
@Barefoot_Kittens I got ungrounded early. *forced excitement*
Name: Kotaro Izami "Kota"
Hero Name (Optional): Kota
Age (Year): 16
Appearance (Detailed please): A rather baggy gray hoodie and somewhat worn jeans with combat boots to add an edgy touch. He has brown eyes and black hair, somewhat spiky hair that refuses to be combed down. He has a light tan and freckles that dot his cheeks. He has a semi muscular form, and stands at 5'10
Hero Costume (Optional): It's completely home-made and he's proud of it: he has a white, baggy hoodie with black stripes down the arms and sides , and a light gray mask under it that only goes down to his nose, but has very nearly symmetrical holes for his eyes, on his arms he has black elbow pads, and black/white sparring gloves, and on his legs he has white joggers that he pushes up to his knees so they appear baggy, and covering them are his combat boots, which are partially covered by kneepads.
Personality (Detailed please): He tries his best at everything and doesn't mind getting dirty doing it. He can get along with most people, but enjoys taking time to do his own 'manly things'. He aspires to be like All Might, like most anyone does, except that he didn't even try for yuuei. He wants to show the world that he can be number one by starting at the rock bottom. He's determined to win, but realizes that losing is part of the process.
Major Malfunction (Why are they part of the rejects club?): His setback is harsh, first off, and second off, he doesn't like his quirk all too much, and thinks that it's a lame drawback. He's helpful on the field, but would much rather be on the frontlines beating the heck out of the villains.

Quirk (Type): "Degeneration" Emmiter
Explanation: Degen is basically what it sounds like. It requires physical contact to activate, but he can exert and intake health. He can't simply regen anyone, however. He must first drain someone, and then he can give what he took to someone else. It's a sharing process.
Setback: It's hard for him to select whether hes taking or giving health, and intaking too much health can lead to eventual fainting, or worse medical conditions that I can't remember the name of. Basically the most hp he can drain is like slapping someone and then running away and slapping someone else to give it away. It's a harsh sharing process.

I'm back guys... yay...

So basically what is happening is that Mr. Hami gave our characters a partner activity. Everyone is paired up with someone, and they have to stay together or else they will be disqualified from competing in a test.

Here are the partners:
Kishi - Yoru
Kumori - Hanwon Kotaro
Asta - Detsuo
Ciel - Akagi
Kazumi - Himari
Jack - Aurora
Hoshi - Camden
Lydia - Seo
Eru - Kat
Zuron - Drayda
Fuyuki- Daichi

Last edited:
Kumori is unavailable because the dude who plays Kumori hasn't responded in a long while. Which is why I replaced Kumori with Kotaro because Barefoot Kittens said they were going to do so.

I mean, we could do a roll call in discussion to see who wants to continue. After those that have posted said they would like to continue, we can shorten the amount of people and continue. I would like to at least figure out what the competition is so I can see if Drayda would be able to get better, if we are still kind of doing it but time skipping it over.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
*cough* this isn't working. I think its time I grow up and realize this isn't working. We've got a couple of options now- we can skip this completely amd timeksip to the next day (I'll have to come with something) or we could skip to the actual competition (but it appears that people ahve dropped the thread, and that makes it hard to do team-related activities).
I'm just waiting for @KeenKitsune to post

I'll try to post daily when I can (of course, being that I have a baby on the way and jumping through insurance hoops doesn't help much with activity), and I'll most likely be waiting for someone to reply to me (like now). I usually try to lock myself in a conversation with someone else or multiple people and I wait for everyone to post in the conversation before I post anything.

Sadly, people tend to drop off the face of the planet and I have to either fade to black or something.