• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BNHA: FLOTSAM LOT 2.0

An autumn breeze picked up a few spare leaves, which danced across the concrete before settling in a gutter. Besides the occasional dry leaf or unnoticeable weed, the site was spotless. The city had always been kept clean, it was a prideful area known for it's resident heroes, but the particular lot was especially clean. Not just clean... but new. In just under a year, the vacant lot developed into a large, glossy building with modern white paint and tinted glass windows. Notably similar the the popular U.A. high school, it's clear that the new building was modeled after the hero academy- write down to the large H.A. letter that sat atop the security gates. Hashino Academy was the newest rage of the town, it has always existed but it's presence as a major school is brand new. Government backed and well advertised, the promising new establishment was bringing in kids from all over the region- kids that just barely missed the mark of getting into a bigger school. The change was almost admirable, a truly miraculous set of events enabled the school to not be permanently shut down. However, there were still people with doubts.
"And what the hell am I supposed to do with this." a tall, broad shouldered man with short blonde hair huffed as he shoved a small remote back into the hands of a long, purple haired man with a neat beard.
"It's for the confetti cannons!" the purple haired fellow exclaimed, "Come on, don't you want to start the year off right?" Mr. Zumiti is the principal of Hashino academy, has been since it was founded in the little hole under the bridge. He was the one who pushed for the reopening of the school, and the one who planted all of the confetti cannons around the school's border.
"Uh huh, and who's gonna clean that up?" Mr. Hamikaru, equally rooted in the school's history, was less enthusiastic about the upgrade. "Jeeze, the school isn't even open yet, it's just the entrance exam." Mr. Hami remarked bitterly.
"Yes! And the first time we get to use our state-of-the-art training facility." Mr. Zumiti sighed like a dreaming school-girl before nodding his head, "Come, come... the children should be arriving soon. Oh, I do hope to see some familiar faces." the man sighed, to which he only received a grunt in response.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kishi brushed his teeth with enough excitement to wake his entire house up, the boy slammed each cupboard shut and hummed happily as he danced around his room with the toothbrush pressed between his lips. The boy, in only a pair of boxers, jumped onto his bed before pointing, as if he were making sure he wasn't mistaken, the the day circled on the calendar above his bed. "Mhm!" the boy exclaimed, placing both hands on his hips in a heroic stance before collapsing backwards onto his bed.
"Kish-" when the boy's door opened, he let out an embarrassed yelp before diving underneath his blanket. "Kishi, darling, can you keep it down, you're father doesn't have to get up for another hour. I made breakfast." the boy's mother smiled sweetly before closing the door softly. Kishi let out a sigh and then promptly stood up, the rest of his morning routine went by quickly. He pulled his spiky hair back into a pony tail, threw on a black shirt and a pair of bright orange shorts. With one shoe on and the other in hand, he raced down the stairs and smiled at the waffles on the table. "Are you sure you want to do-" Kishi cut his mother off with a cough before he quickly devoured the food in front of him.
"Don't worry, mom. I'm safe. Don't worry." he smiled, approaching the woman. He hated to see her so distressed, and he knew that she had every right to be that way. That's why he felt so stupid when the attempted words of reassurance left his lips. "Bye, mom." He planted a kiss on the woman's cheek before hurrying out the door.
Once the door was closed behind him, Kishi rolled his eyes and smiled at the sky. He couldn't believe he was really going back to hero training. Real hero training. Hardly a few steps down the sidewalk, the boy took out his phone and began to text Kat.
"Morning!" Kishi began with a smiley face, 'Today's the day. I hope you're ready to show the whole world how strong you are...' the boy rubbed his chin before changing it "Today's the day. I hope you're ready to show the world how strong we've gotten." Kishi smiled before sending the message. Kishi let out a breath and watched it materialize in front of him, was it too cold to where shorts? Kishi pondered the question for only a moment before deciding that he wasn't cold after all, besides the bus was always stuffy.
@Captain Cardboard
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zuron stared blankly at the wall ahead of him. The boy currently has only being held up by a single limb, his right hand supported a one-armed hand stand while the rest of his body was perfectly straight. He let out a soft grunt when he dipped into another push up before switching arms, all the while staring at the wall in front of him. Bags rested under the boy's violet eyes which seemed to lack their usual spark, and when he lowered his body to stand on his legs he didn't make a single sound. Zuron lifted his shirt and used it to wipe the sweat from his face before rolling his shoulders and heading towards the door to enter his house. "Did dad say anything about coming home?" Zuron asked dryly as he walked into the kitchen of his small house, the area already occupied by his petite mother. When he didn't get a response, Zuron rolled his eyes before continuing "He told me he'd be home when I got bac-"
"He was probably lying." Zuron's mother cut the boy off as she placed a plate of rice and fish in front of the boy.
"Yeah, I guess. Maybe. Well, if he comes tell him that I didn't try for U.A." the boy leaned back in his seat, "I don't give a damn about those phonies anyways." Zuron huffed and picked at his food.
"I know." his mother replied curtly, she then sighed before placing a hand on the boy's shoulder and rubbing it as she walked behind him. "Good luck. I hope they can get through to you." his mother softly muttered before retiring to her room at the end of the hall. Zuron watched the woman leave before he pushed the plate of food away from him. Of course she would predict him skipping the U.A. entrance exams, and he was aware that her last comments were made about him attending Hashino Academy. He really wished she didn't make those comment, if she didn't it would've been a lot easier to skip that event too. Zuron brought his hands to his face before rubbing his eyes roughly and groaning at the ceiling.
"Damn-" Zuron huffed as he closed the door behind him. In under 10 minutes the boy has replaced his sweaty clothes with a pair of sweatpants and a tank-top, he bent down to touch his legs before scoffing. "God, I hope nobody annoying is there." Zuron muttered to himself as he shoved his hands in his pockets and began the walk to the school. He didn't live far, but it was a long enough time to allow him to reminiscent on his short time at Hashino academy, the people he had met there, and the things he had accomplished. It all seemed like so long ago.

~Ren Arasaka...~

"No. Those go on the stove. No. That's a fire hydrant. your not supposed to put the turtles in Mike the Microwave. Cause I said so, now take them out before the cowboy lands on mars" Ren rambled on to himself in deep slumber. The alarm clock had been blaring for a solid thirty seconds. Yes, blaring. Ren had an extra loud alarm clock that was hooked up to a pair of amps because a regular alarm clock would not suffice.

"The problem neighbor is up" An old man yelled. The old man wore a dingy wife beater, faded blue pajama pants, and dirty house slippers. He had been standing in the front yard, with one hand firmly pressed against his back and the other clutching a newspaper. "Oh shutup Takata, ya old geezer. Go complain about your own damn kids, will ya?" A sharp tongued woman said. A dark haired woman gave a stern look to the old man before heading back inside with both hands holding a stack of mail. Before the old man could follow up with a comeback, the woman slammed her door. The dark haired woman was sharply dressed and had her hair neatly combed back into a bun. She shared a few facial characteristics as Ren. Same eye color, same hair color, and same cheek bones.

"Ren, get up! you are not missing another day of school! and you are not sleeping on the side of the road! I'm sick and tired of people thinking your homeless. Its nice them giving you money, and all. The last fellow gave you twenty dollars. Honestly though. You really do need to knock that habit out" the woman said.

"Five minutes mama" Ren said. Ren was drifting off into another world, and couldn't hear a word his mother was saying. For all tenses and purposes, 'The cowboy was on mars'. Whatever that means. Ren might as well have been right there with him, because he was anything but ready for school.

*Pew!* *Pew!* *Pew!* Ren was being shot at. Almost as if someone were shooting a revolver at him. "Watch out pa'tner!" Ren heard a strange voice. *squirt!* *squirt!* *Squirt!* "Wake up dangit! School is today! Wake up Ren!" Ren's mother said shooting him with a water squirter as if he were a cat. Ren looked around at all the pillows scattered across the floor of his room. Ren had fallen out of bed, but atleast the alarm clock was no longer going off. His mother was standing over him, like a drill seargant towering over a recruit. "You are going to school today! Then hope and pray they accept you" Ren's mother said firmly tugging on Ren's shoulder to get him up. "What about my lucky pillowcase" Ren muttered.

"That old rag? You know that's on your night stand ya dingus!" Ren's mother said. Ren slowly got up. He got dressed, and stuffed the pillow case in his pocket. The rest of the morning was rather quiet for the most part. Ren let out a few yawns here and there. Each time he did, his mother waved a paper fan in his face to prevent the yawn from spreading. Same breakfast as always. two eggs scrambled. Two long pieces of bacon. A piece of toast cut straight down the middle. As well as a glass of white grape juice. "Thanks mom Ren said like he does every morning before eating. His mother sat there with her legs crossed as she read the newspaper. Occasionally glancing over at Ren to see if he was still awake. She always finished reading the newspaper at the exact same time every day. With only a fifteen minute window gap depending how long the newspaper articles were.

Eventually Ren began heading to school. His mom waved. The neighbor sat on his porch, and had expected Ren to come back home with a bruise on his face from passing out on his way to school. This didn't happen today, however. One step after the next, sure enough Ren was at the Academy. Albeit he was sliding his feet across the ground, and looked like he hadn't slept in three days. Though in stark contrast, he was fully dressed, had a full belly, and had plenty of energy in him somewhere. The boy was at Hashino Academy. The only problem now was, Ren completely forgotten what he was supposed to do so he looked around blankly.

~Yu Wu...~

"Find out next time, on Kraken Bowl CCCCcccccCCCCccccCCccc!!! Aaaaaaahhhh!!!!!! I hate cliff hange-" Yu yelled being completely interrupted by a pillow to the face, "Shutup stupid! and turn that volume down! Can't sleep with those cartoons blasting all morning long!" Keiyo yelled. "You shutup! Spaaacial! Beeeean! haaaa!" Yu yelled before leaping out of his bed to dropkick Keiyo in the face. Keiyo moved causing Yu to slide across the bed hitting his face against a book shelf just above Keiyo's bed, and inadvertently slapping keiyo across the face. Keiyo kicked Yu out of the bed, and jumped out of the bed to kick Yu into oblivion when a cold demonic pair of eyes glared at him from the cracked doorway. Both Yu and Keiyo got to their feet, and we're lifted off the ground by the tops of their heads, "Do you two have any idea what time it is? "Keiyo, how old are you? Yu, how old are you? Your going to prestigious law school, and you wanna become a hero. What the heck is this? What the actual hell am I looking at right now?" The angered man said. "Sorry father!" Sorry dad!" The two yelled. A smug Maya stood in the shadows of the hallway glancing at the two boys be scolded by Yakumo. A smaller more cheerful girl stood next to her. It was Nia eagerly awaiting breakfast. The two girls, then the father, then the two boys headed down stairs. The father had cooked breakfast for five.

Everyone sat neatly, and ate their breakfast properly, or at least until Yakumo turned to watch the news. Glares we're exchanged, and whispers were made. Every so often Yakumo would turn and engage in conversation with his four children. Every so often, all conflict would abruptly cease to exist.

Eventually Yu would have to get dressed. he was still wearing his pajamas. He got dressed. Grabbed his things. Grabbed a few of his snacks. Grabbed a few more snacks hidden in his secret snack safe that was hidden under a loose floor board. Grabbed a few more snacks from two more hidden compartments in his room. Yu headed downstairs, and before he could head to school, the unimaginable happened.

"Yu! Don't forget to say goodbye!" Yakumo said. "Goodbye!" Yu said. "You forgot somethiiiing!" Maya said sadistically. "That's riiight! Almost forgot! Say I love you dad!" Yakumo said. "You gotta say it!" Keiyo said. "I love you papa!" Nia said. "I know you do pumpkin, now it's Yu's turn!" "I hate yo-!!! I love you dad, bye! Your siblings too!" Yakumo said no longer able to hide his laughter. "I love everyone! Love life and all that good shhh!" Yu said storming off on his way to school. he eventually arrived at Hashino Academy. Hashino Academy reminded Yu of UA. There were some obvious differences, but it shared a few strikingly similarities. Not really, but it was clean and looked nice. Yu was glad to be try hopefully go to school here. Hopefully they would let him join. Yu hoped he'd be able to get in.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Garrett sighed as he got up and rushed through his routine. He said a hurried goodbye to his parents and left the house. "Why are we in such a hurry?" Lorenzo's voice echoed in his head, "I just want to get there quickly, who knows maybe some of the other original students will be there" Garrett muttered, "what like Kat" Lorenzo added with a teasing tone. Garrett ignored him and noticed a man moving particularly fast "perfect" he muttered before calling out to the guy, the man stopped and asked what was wrong and Garrett stated he had made an error and mistook him for someone. Once the man left Garrett shifted into him and sped to the school building making it there in no time and shifting back into himself. He looked up at the building, it felt good to be back.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Another new day for Yuzo Nikudzuki, who groggily rolled around in his bed, not really wanting to wake up but his body doing so anyway. Yuzo sat up in his bed, yawning loudly, as did Red, although silently since the mass of dry, red flesh had no vocal chords. Or lungs, for that matter. The two already had a morning routine up and going, which they were now going to do faster since Yuzo was just remembering what day it was. Shaping into four extra arms, Yuzo and Red were quickly managing to get ready for the day, as all the tasks that he had to do were done pretty quickly. When he was done, he could already smell breakfast being prepared in the kitchen by his mother Fujiko. When Yuzo walked into the kitchen area, Red returning to simple hover above Yuzo as a human upper body, Yuzo already found his father, Daichi, sitting at the table. Yuzo murmured a greeting to his parents, nodding at them incase they didn't hear him, and waited until breakfast was ready and served to eat it.

Red just simply remained above Yuzo, arms leaned on his head, as Yuzo quickly ate his part of the prepared breakfast. Of course, his parents already knew why Yuzo was in a rush, today of all days. It was the time Yuzo could actually head to an academy for kids like him. Yuzo quickly got done with breakfast and hand-motioned for Red to hide back in behind his clothes, who shifted back down Yuzo's shirt's collar. The boy got up quickly and put on his shoes, waving goodbye to his parents with the routine 'I love you' exchange between the both of them. Throwing his black dufflebag over his shoulder, Yuzo began walking calmly to Hashino Academy. Yuzo did not know what time it was, but he was confident he wasn't gonna get there late, no matter how slow he walks. Not that he was walking slow, of course.

Last edited:
Yuri was up early in the morning to make her own breakfast and lunch, after her mother and father came down, she was already gone and there was her parents' breakfasts. She lived quite a while away from the school, she checked what she had, making sure she had her phone on her before walking to Hashino. She arrived at the school a little early, watching people showing up one by one , all with their different traits. She would just glance at the people arriving, then at the school, Yuri was unsure of what to think of it.

As the sun rose to welcome another new day, Haruki's bedroom door opened to reveal a tall and rather chubby woman enter, she reached over to Haruki and gently nudged him. "Haruki... c'mon sweetie, you'll be late for school." She said softly, Haruki's eyes slowly opened to see his mother stand before him, although the only word his still waking up mind was able to hear was 'school'. Normally, Haruki would give his mother a discomforted little moan and try to go back to sleep, but today was an exception, a chance to go out and become a hero... although not at the famous U.A. Academy, but any chance to learn how to be a hero was better than nothing, so Haruki did his best to get up and out of his bed, much to his mother's delight.

"C'mon, I've already got your breakfast cooking and some coffee brewing." She said as she walked downstairs, Haruki stayed behind to get dressed in to a plain white t shirt, blue jeans and his brown shoes, then to took a bit of time when it came to his jackets and decided to wear one of his knee long fur lined ones given how it was Autumn which meant that while it looked nice, it was cold. Haruki walked downstairs to see his mother just finish up with preparing his breakfast, Haruki sat down to eat it and after his first sip of coffee, his eyes changed from drowsy to wide awake.

"I wonder if the martial arts training you did will have paid off, I still remember how skinny you looked." His mother said as she sat down to join her son with breakfast. "Hopefully the new school will give me the chance to see how much progress I'm been bacon." Haruki said before both he and his mother laughed lightly at the pun before Haruki ate a strip of his bacon. Breakfast went on with a cheerful aura before it was time for him to get ready to go to school, Haruki collected his bag which he prepared the night before and looked back at his mother. "Well, looks like-" He was interrupted by his mother who gave her boy a loving hug, to which he gladly returned. "Be careful..." She said, clearly it sounded like she would cry at any moment. "I will." Haruki said as he patted her back and kissed her cheek before he left with one last wave.

The walk to school was quiet and peaceful as he hoped it would be, nothing but the occasional chatter of a few people he passed by and the gentle howl of the breeze, Haruki looked at his phone to check if he got any messages, his wallpaper appeared to be a selfie with himself and a woman who was taller than him with several bear like appendages and only one text message from 'Kuma' that read 'Good luck. ♥' This text message made Haruki blush lightly before he went to give a little reply before he realized he was already at the foot of Hashino Academy, Haruki looked up and only one thought crossed his mind. "Here goes nothing..."

17... 18... 19... 20. Kat let out a breath as she finished her final set of crunches, lying back down on the floor. The girl checked the time before sighing and sitting back up. As tempted as she had been to just sleep in today, Katlynn didn't want to risk falling out of her groove. She needed to keep getting stronger if she wanted to become a hero, and she couldn't take a break. Kat showered off and got ready for the day. Putting on her headphones, Kat ate breakfast and packed her bag for school. Pencils, notebooks, calculators... as well as her escrima sticks and art supplies.

Kat headed out the door, taking a deep breath. Back to Hashiro Academy. Kat felt a sudden chill of nervousness. It had been a while since Hashiro Academy. While she had been able to stay in contact with Kishi, she wondered how her other friends had been doing. Ciel, Himari... then there was Zuron. She wondered if he was doing okay...

Kat's phone went off, a message from Kishi. Kat couldn't help but to smile at it.
You bet! Kat texted back, adding a thumbs up emoji. I wonder what new facilities the school has. Do you think there's gonna be dorms?

The sun shinned as it began to rise over the horizon, the early morning rays shinned on Asami as she felt the warmth of the light touch her skin while her feet dangled over the dock as they splashed along the surface of the water. This had been a bit of a routine for Asami, as she always enjoyed a morning swim before the events of the day though his faced showed little such relaxation and enjoyment. As one could practically sense the nerves the young girl in a hoodie had as she sighed a bit.

This was as much comfort as she could muster, really she had been happy she returned to her home, it offered much more comfort than her stay overseas and offered her the chance to begin fresh. Even with the rumors of what happened at Hashiro Academy the previous year, Asami had made it clear she desired this. Before the recent shaky situation, this school was known to take in those

"Are you okay hunny? You've been up for some time..." A large man said, a man who seemed to be large though he lacked noticeably body fat as his figure appeared to be all muscle. He had an imposing frame and possessed a thick mustache. Asami's father and passionate fisherman cut the shark-girl from her thoughts as she glanced over and rubbed her head sheepishly while she had her hood covering herself.

"S-sorry dad. Just uh...lot on the mind..." Asami said in apology as the man chuckled as he moved to sit next to her as Asami stared at the ocean below them.

"I see, I figure since you've already been through this at the other school this would be easier" The sailor mentioned as Asami took a long breath before she sighed and turned to her father.

"Y-yeah, guess just a new school those old day one jitters come in. I'll probably be on the outside from most cliques and well that's if I pass this again. Wasn't easy the first time..." Asami confessed as her father seemed to give the shark girl a sympathetic glance before he addressed her clear concern.

"You know, you sound just like your mother..." The older man chuckled, which seemed to shock Asami to a degree. Her mother? Worried and unsure about entering a hero school? Given her mother had been a famed hero in her own right in Octavia the Octo-Hero she found such an idea impossible to imagine. Though before she had a chance to question this her father continued on as if he sensed this doubt.

"...oh believe me it is true, right from her mouth. She said she felt she'd vomit over herself before that opening bell sounded. It's perfectly normal to feel a bit nervous sweetie, it would be weird if you hadn't felt this way about it. But the important thing is to trust yourself and go in giving your absolute best. That way you cannot have any regrets. You will do fine, you just need to trust yourself and have fun with it." The sailor advised as Asami thought over his words of encouragement before she smiled back at him and nodded.

"I-I will!" Asami assured him as the two embraced, before Asami had some breakfast and left the port with her backpack in toe. This was the biggest day of her life, but Asami had been determined to face it no matter what. She would not have regrets!

This positive mindset lasted the entire trip to Hashiro Academy, though as she arrived just outside the gates already a wave of nerves washed over her as she saw several students arriving ahead of her and quickly that isolated "stranger" feeling she'd fear she'd have among them surfaced as the girl who rather tall for her age seemed to sink to her hoodie. No turning back now, she just had to step forward and hope she avoided making a fool of herself before her new classmates.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Aurora perched on her window seat, buried beneath a big fluffy blanket. Though it was quite unusual for her, she had woken up before the sun had risen. A lot had been on her mind the past few days. However, now that it was mere hours away from going back to her old school, her mind was strangely calm. Though she didn't quite remember the days well, the students had seemed nice and it had been a good experience overall. She was a bit excited, however, to see how the school had changed now that it had government funding. She shifted again under her blanket and turned to stare out the window. The sun had risen, it basked her room in a warm natural light. She allowed herself a couple more minutes of simple relaxation before getting up.

She hummed a soothing melody as she got ready. She brushed her hair, which didn't take nearly as long as before. She liked having long hair, but it did get in the way of flying sometimes. She paused to look in the mirror, her wings fanned out behind her. They were different from before, but she was glad she went through what she did. She smiled at her reflection, her amber eyes beaming back at her from the mirror before she continued to brush her hair. However, she knew that she would have to be leaving soon so she got up and headed to her closet.
Dressed in a white baggy top, with strategically cut holes in the back to allow her wings space to flutter out, and a simple light-wash pair of skinny jeans, Aurora stepped outside. Her white ankle boots clicked on the sidewalk below her as she walked to school. Her parents had moved closer to the school, in an effort to support her and her studies. While she could fly to school, that would probably attract attention. And, a dramatic entrance was not her type of style to start off a new school year.

Aurora stared at the newly renovated school in awe. "Did I come to the right place?" she muttered to herself as she stepped closer. It was certainly different, a new vibe altogether if you would. There seemed to be a difference in people attending now too, she noticed, as she watched people walk in front of her. She squinted her eyes as if she was making sure that she wasn't looking at a hallucination. Finally satisfied and prepared, she nodded her head, almost as a reassurance to herself, and started to walk once more. This time, towards the school doors. "I'm sure this year will be wonderful!"

~Ren Arasaka...~

More and more students began making their appearances. Ren didn't exactly have a lot of people experience, and couldn't think of anything to say. Rather than approach anyone, he casually sat down. He looked over, and saw the school sign. His eyes briefly widened, "I'm gonna be a student at Hoshino Academy" Ren thought out loud as he remembered why he came there in the first place. "Ren the hero. It has a nice ring to it. That's gonna be me" Ren said softly. A smile slowly grew on his face. Ren leaned back, and began looking at the clouds. The clouds looked calm, and Ren was pretty comfy on the bench. So comfy that he could almost fall aslee- No! "Must stay awake. Must stay awake" Ren thought to himself.

Ren began tapping the side of the bench with his index finger. The last thing Ren wanted to do was to arrive at school only to pass out before enrolling. He was not goin to do that again. Ren needed something to distract his weary mind. He looked around, and let out a small yawn. He continued to look around, and decided to look at the students. There might be a few that he knows, though Ren highly doubted it since none of them looked particularly familiar. Though Ren was also bad at remembering names so if there were the slightest chance someone look familiar, he'd probably just get the name wrong. "What to do, what to do. So confusing. So frustrating" Ren thought, letting out another small yawn.

~Yu Wu...~

Yu saw several students arrive. Being the outgoing person Yu was he just had to introduce himself, but the question was, to whom? As Yu looked around amongst the students. One of the students had hair that could be comparable to a chocolate mop. Yu liked chocolate, so Yu considered talking to him for that reason alone. Yu also noticed another person with pink hair too! Just like Yu. Except her hair wasn't rubbery. Yu continued to look around when he spotted a shark girl of all things. "Shark week already?" Yu thought to himself. Yu was slightly relieved to see that he wasn't the only oddball walking around there.

Being the person that Yu was, he just had to go over and say something. Yu stretched his leg to shorten the distance between him and the other students. As his foot touched the ground he began reverting his leg back to normal size, and began closing the gap. He looked at the shark girl ,and waved, "Hiya, are you a new student too? I'm Yu! No. Not you, I'm definitely not you from the future or anything like that. but Yu. Yu as in Yu Wu. Nice to meet Yu- err... You that is" Yu said extending his hand out.

Last edited:
Kishi winced slightly when a body pushed into his before a series of apologies echoed throughout the small bus, it happened every time there was a turn. Despite the uncomfortable crowdedness, Kishi hardly noticed the people around him as he smiled down at his phone. The boy thought about Kat's inquiry before shrugging, he was sure whatever the school had would be a lot better than the run down field they used to train on. "Maybe" the boy replied "It seems that a lot of schools have dorms these days." Kishi thought about mentioning how UA had gotten dorms after a villain attack but refrain from typing anything. Nobody really talked about the villain attack, not that it was taboo or anything, but nobody talked about it. "I wonder who else will be there. It seems like forever since we last saw everyone." Kishi added the text before tucking his phone into his pocket as the bus came to a stop and the people aboard it unloaded.
Kishi looked up at the city buildings and nodded approvingly. No who showed up, or what changed, Kishi didn't care. He was going to attend Hashino Academy and he was going to become a hero. The boy's pace quickened slightly as the gates of the school came into view and a sudden rush of excitement flooded through his body. Like a set of chills down his back, the rush of emotion was almost overwhelming as the boy stopped in place. There was quite a bit of students already gathered, more of a crowd than the school had ever gotten last year. Kishi considered texting Kat to tell her that he had arrived, but was too focused on the school building to commit himself to reaching into his pocket. Instead, the boy tucked his hands into his pockets and leaned against the fence, posting up to wait for Kat.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Zuron gritted his teeth as he walked, his hands balled into his fists and shoved into his pockets. His jaw moved back and forth in a grinding fashion until going sack as the boy parted his lips slightly to let out a warm breath of air. He wasn't sure what he felt, but it was far from pleasant. A tightness wound up his chest, making it hard to breath, and he jumped at the slightest shuffle of feet behind him. The boy clicked his tongue before shaking his head violently, "Damn." he let out another breath with the single word before pausing as the school building came into view. The street was occupied with other children making their way towards the school, some of them possessing strong mutation quirks while the others just looked like regular kids. For a moment, Zuron pondered on what he must look like to the others- before quickly deciding he didn't care what they thought about him.
"Just bugs beneath my feet. I'll squash them and get this over with." Zuron whispered to himself, purple gaze lowering into a glare through his eyebrows as he walked with his head down. Approaching the gates, Zuron raised his gaze for a curt second before quickly resuming his attention on the floor. He could feel the excitement in the air, it seemed all the students around him were buzzing with electricity. His own body heated up in reaction, and he could feel his legs tingling with the ardor for breaking free. The boy brought a tired hand to his face, where it rested for a moment, before removing it and looking about- he figured he may as well scope out the competition.

Kat's phone buzzed, and the girl checked the response from Kishi.
I guess we'll just have to see when we get there... Kat replied to Kishi's text.

Finally making it to the school, Kat took a moment to stop and take in the new school. This was Hashino Academy? It couldn't be right. It was so... bright and shiny. Where was that dirt lot, and cheap gate? The place looked brand-spanking new. Well, brand new or not, it was still situated under a bridge. As much as some things changed, things still stayed the same.

Speaking of things changing and staying the same, Kat recognized the first person she set her eyes on walking into the courtyard. That dark complexation, blonde hair, and dark clothes, as well as that general air of annoyance around him... A rather familiar sight among all these new faces. Putting her headphones around her neck, Kat walked over to Zuron.
"Well, I think I'd recognize that sour attitude anywhere." Kat said to Zuron, putting a hand on her hip. "Hey, Zuron."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Garrett continued to survey the area and passed by Kishi as he was looking, he didn't notice the boy himself but subconsciously he saw what was on the boys phone and Lorenzo chimed up mentally "Hey turn into Kat then speak with Kishi, he was texting her and I wanna see if he figures out it isn't her", Garrett sighed but was curious also, he shifted into the version of Kat he remembered from before the school closed and cleared his throat before speaking with her voice "Hey Kishi, the school looks great doesn't it" Garrett stated as he tried to ignore the constant advise on how to better be a girl coming from Lorenzo.
@Barefoot_Kittens

W-wow, there are so many here. So many faces I've never met. Relax Asami just relax. Just keep quiet and you can get through your first day without anyone taking not...

"Hiya are you a new student too?"

"EEP!"

Needless to say Asami had not noticed the student approach her and by the time he began his introduction he seemed to spook the shark girl as she retreated in her hoodie with a lone eye gazing upon what she presumed was another student. As she had gotten a better look at her, the figure named Yu had given a rather tongue twister heavy introduction which worked to both puzzle Asami for a second yet oddly "eased" her into the convo well much as she could ease herself with a relative new face to speak to as she pulled back her hoodie slightly without removing it before she tried to work the tongue to answer back.

"Y-yes, I...my name is Asami....Asami Natsuko. I am a transfer t-to this school...." Asami said, as she had sheepishly given her own introduction and clarified that she also seemed to be a new transfer. So least she had not been alone in this, which offered some comfort but she felt a figurative sweat drop at the handshake. Asami took a breath, reminding herself this was basic & a formal thing as she extended her own scalish hand to meet for a handshake in kind.

"A-a pleasure...apologies if my skin makes this a t-touch rough..." Asami said, quick to apology even before the idea of it being an issue had come up as she took a moment to pull out a water bottle from her backpack and took a quick sip; both a way to keep hydrated, and also try to cut off her awkward comments.

DevVoid

' Yuzo, can I look around? '
" Fine, but only as two eyestalks. I don't want people to freak out again. "

Being in a symbiotic bond, Yuzo and Red could naturally talk with eachother mentally as much as verbally, which would be how Yuzo can control Red so well without actually needing to sound up on what he wants his quirk to do. The blob of flesh under Yuzo's clothes quickly grew out two eyestalks out of the back of Yuzo's collar, which grew to Yuzo's eye level, each eyestalk being to the left and right side of his head respectively. Yuzo himself was looking around at the Academy as he arrived onto the school grounds, aswell as briefly glancing at all the new faces pouring into the school grounds. Red, as the two eyestalks next to Yuzo's head, rotated around freely without blinking, taking in the sights around them.

' Wooow, what a big building! And many people here, too! ' Red exclaimed excitedly in Yuzo's head. Of course, Yuzo himself was excited internally, and this naturally reflected onto Red, who revealed Yuzo's excited attitude only in his own thoughts.

" Yeah, and to believe, all the people here have quirks.. they're all like us... Red, if your sight doesn't freak out the first few people, I'll promise to keep you out instead of hidden. Now, please hide yourself again. People are coming. " Yuzo thought back to his flesh quirk, who retracted his eyestalks back down Yuzo's collar as to not blow his own cover.

' By the way, look over there, by the bench. One of the students who just came here already looks completely tired! I wonder why? Let's ask him! '
" Maybe the guy just had not enough sleep or something. Well, I guess I can ask regardless. Time to socialize and all that. '

Yuzo had looked to the student Red was mentally talking to him about, and sure enough, the boy seemed almost completely out of it right from the get-go. Sure, he could just be sleep deprived, but Yuzo would have to socialize with atleast someone, lest he stand out as a loner. And while he did like being on his own sometimes, he certainly didn't want to stand out more than he already imagine he would once he would reveal Red to the people around him. Assuming this first person doesn't just freak at Red's sight, in which case Yuzo already knows not to show Red to people, even at this Hero Academy. Yuzo had walked up to the sleepy student, briefly looking the boy up and down before speaking up. " You alright there? You seem really out of it for a day like this. "

Last edited:
Zuron's hallow gaze didn't find anything of interest, eventually settling on the pale horizon as the cold breeze bit at his face. How dreadfully dull this excursion was turning out to be. The boy's body was stiff as he let out a breath, despite his disassociated demeanor, he still managed to hold an aura of haughty spite. He didn't want to have to think about competition, or quirks, or school- or anything at all. He really didn't want to have to think, but until the event started it seemed that was the only thing he could do.
Suddenly, a voice from the crowd caused Zuron to flinch. He recognized the voice before he saw her face, and perhaps he would've ignored her if he hadn't already been facing her direction, but as Kat came into view the boy narrowed his eyes and scoffed. Of course it was her. She was one of those people who would come back- like some sort of cockroach. Zuron raised a brow at Kat's teasing greeting before he rolled his eyes. Sour attitude? "And I'd recognize that childish demeanor anywhere," Zuron huffed back softly before regaining his typical Zuron spirit and adding with groan "Out of all the nerds here, you chose to bother me. Don't you have paint brushes to wash or music to whimper with?" the boy huffed. It seemed the girl tended to have a harem of men surrounding her, if not the annoying water kid or the entitled work-out junkie it seemed to be someone else. And yet, she found her way to Zuron. The boy almost appreciated her actions, he could feel his muscles relax as he exchanged words with the girl, although he doubted chatting was a good use of time right before the exam. He didn't return the 'hello', but Zuron had a way of telling people to go away- and he wasn't doing that to Kat.

Kishi rocked back and forth on his heels as he waited for Kat. Maybe she went around a different entrance. Or she passed without him noticing. What if him standing there made him look dumb, or like some sort of a stalker. The boy furrowed his brows as he stood straight and brushed off his shirt, perhaps waiting for Kat was a bad idea. What if the exam ended up being some sort of battle, he couldn't afford to let his affiliations get in the way. But he couldn't help his thoughts from constantly pulling towards the idea of spending his time with Kat. Perhaps he was too dependent on the girl, or maybe it was a perfectly healthy friendship- either way, Kishi didn't like thinking about it because once it started he had trouble stopping. Kishi flexed his hands and examined their shape before a familiar caught his attention.
Kishi's face lit up when he saw Kat's figure emerge from the crowd, he took an excited step towards the girl and nodded eagerly. Great seemed like an odd choice of words for the girl, but it didn't strike Kishi as anything that couldn't be adressed verbally. "Great?" the boy's eyes grew wide as he raised his voice, "I mean, yeah! It's awesome. New and shiny, probably expensive too. It's just so different-" Kishi trailed off before returning his attention to the 'girl'. "How was your morning, Kat? Did you rest well? Jeeze, I can hardly contain myself. I just know our hard work is gonna pay off." He sighed after having to stop his rambling in order to take a breath.

Kat's smile turned to a look of irritation as Zuron replied with his classic snark.
"As much as things change, I guess some things still stay the same." Kat said, leaning against the wall. Speaking of changes, Zuron had changed a little bit. He was already quite fit last year, but this year he seemed even more so. Looks like her and Kishi weren't the only ones that had spent their time training.

"Don't flatter yourself. I came to bother you because you were the first familiar face I saw." Kat said, teasing Zuron. "And you looked rather sad, stand over here on your lonesome. But I guess that is your thing, right?"
Kat paused, thinking back.
"You know, it's strange but I do remember seeing in the news that you helped attack the place where the villains were holding our classmates. Was that right?" Kat asked, curious.

Zuron narrowed his eyes when Kat took the casual position of leaning against the wall, she sure seemed confident. The boy simply grunted in response to her claim that some things hadn't changed at all, he shrugged his shoulders but remained silent. Perhaps there were things that didn't change, maybe those were the things that couldn't change no matter what happened to them. If the school hadn't shut down, Zuron couldn't help but wonder, would nothing have changed at all? Zuron shooed the thought away, it didn't matter much, it seemed everyone was on equal footing anyways.
Zuron let out an amused snort at the girls subtle insult, well it sounded lame when she said it like that. It's not like he was brooding or anything, at least Zuron didn't think it was. He was focusing. It seemed Kat had forgotten that this was a competition and not a social gathering, but when Zuron opened his mouth to comment Kat moved on to the next question, and it caused his mouth to go dry.
"What's it to you?" Zuron spat, eyes narrowed. Of course he was on the news, most the students involved were. Not everyone made the scene that him and Drayda did. So, essentially the entire world saw it: his failure. Of course, nobody would assume it was a failure- they won the fight after all- but it was a failure through and through. Zuron could feel his blood heat up as his face tightened into a scowl before quickly releasing. The boy brought a hand to his tired eyes and shook his head, removing it only after he had gained composure.
"Yeah, I was, what's so strange about it?" Zuron added slowly. He knew Kat wasn't trying to upset him, she wasn't like that- he snapped at her for no reason. "I'm not some sort of coward, and it's not like you losers were going to be very effective." the boy shrugged, but even as he spoke the rage of feelings inside of him didn't dissipate. Zuron chewed his tongue, anxiously trying to move on from the conversation before he cleared his throat.
"There sure are a lot of idiots here." Zuron stated passively, "Just 'cause there is some fancy new building doesn't mean shit. They really are just flies attracted to shiny things." he huffed. "But there's still a lot of them, you think you're stupid quirk will make the cut?" he muttered to her, in truth he was much more worried about himself, but he was making a valid point. Pretty much everyone who wanted to go to Hashino made it the year before, this would be different.

~Yu Wu...~

Seeing Asami's reaction kinda reminded him of a turtle withdrawing into its shell. Except she appeared more shark-like than turtle-like. "Yep! I'm a new student, my first year here. How did you know?" Yu said. As he listened to Asami introduce herself, Yu pulled a chocolate bar from his bag, and took a bite out of it, "Nnni-" Yu paused to swallow the food he had been chewing on. "Nice to meet you Asami Natsuko!" Yu said.

Yu looked down at the candy bar in his hand to take another bite, then he looked at Asami, then back at his candy bar. He pulled another unopened candy bar from his bag, "It's weird eating in front of people without offering to share. Want one?" Yu said extending the candy bar.

"You got a weird accent, ya know. Your not from Japan are you? If so that makes two of us! Ha! I'm actually from Shenzhen China, but my moms Japanese so here we are. To be fair, my accent is kinda off too. I need to brush up on my Hiragana some more!" Yu said chuckling.

~Ren Arasaka...~

"Look at that student, and oh look. A bird, and is that student walking this direction?" Ren thought to himself. As the boy approached him, Ren looked over. He was still somewhat in a daze, and relatively confused after seeing so many students come to the school. Ren knew there would be students, but he hadn't expected to see them come in so many shapes and sizes. Ren was so excited he almost smiled.

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine. I had 8 hours of sleep last night. or maybe it says 7. I forget. Wait. You are talking to me right? I'm Ren. Ren Arasaka. Second year student. Nice to meet you" Ren said hesitantly. Ren looked over Yuzo's shoulder to see that the bird from earlier had clearly flown off. Ren looked back at Yuzo, as he was curious what the boy had to say.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Garrett was surprised he hadn't been caught out yet and managed to keep his call as Lorenzo mentally laughed his head off. He smiled "oh my morning has been great and..." he stopped as he noticed the real Kat and a small bead of sweat appeared on his or Kat's forehead, "yeah I've been working hard on improving my quirk, and stuff" he started to ramble as he realised it was a little hard to keep pretending to be someone he hadn't actually spoken too in a while, but he refused to give in and smiled innocently as Lorenzo continued to laugh at Garrett's failing charade.
@Barefoot_Kittens

DevVoid

" Oh, my bad, then. Seeing all these new people here, finding that one seems so.. erm, tired, is strange to say the least. But, if I had to take a guess, if you got 8 hours.. that'd be a setback of your quirk? " Yuzo guessed. Of course, he knew what kinda people this academy was accepting, and while there were a lot of folks with quirks here, it wasn't his first time seeing others with them. After all, he did used to have a few handful of friends he'd hangout with as a child that had quirks with setbacks, just like he had with his quirk.

" Man, if it is, I feel sorry for you. Being constantly tired must be hell, just struggling to stay awake. But eh, it's not the worst I can think of. How about I show you my quirk? " Yuzo said, not really waiting for an answer as he just wanted to test if this person would freak out at the sight of a half-formed Red. Half-formed, as in the upper human body that Red was shaping into behind Yuzo, after which the Red Flesh Blob then moved to Yuzo's right and waved to Ren. ' Hey, I'm Red! I'm like a stronger and smarter clone of Yuzo, but a shapeshifting flesh clump instead. Nice to meet you! ' Red had said, with a voice identical to Yuzo's

" Oh, right, introductions. My name- er, well Red already told you. I'm Yuzo, Yuzo Nikudzuki. Again, nice to meet you! " Yuzo said following Red's introduction. Then, the two awaited Ren's next reaction. Would he freak out much? Would he react indifferent? Frankly, both of them hoped for the latter at least, but who knew?

Last edited:
Asami could not believe it, the guy had yet to make one comment on her stutters or her sheepish demeanor or the fact she almost tried to melt inside her hoodie. He seemed to not even register it, even more he went as far as to casually enjoy a piece of chocolate and even offered her a piece. Needless to say Asami had not had an introduction go like this well, far as she could remember and while it was small this attitude caused a subtle smile to cross her lips, of course hidden somewhat by the hoodie.

"O-oh uh thank you, really you are t-too kind..." Asami said, as she none the less took the chocolate bar as she thankfully was human enough for this to still count as a meal for her as she took a bite and chewed quietly before she was asked about her accident which itself was an interesting story.

"W-well uh no, I am a native but uh I went overseas for a bit at another hero school so I developed a bit of a f-foreign tongue. G-guess I haven't adjusted back to a common dialect..." Asami said a bit flustered as she sheepishly gave justification though learning this student seemed to be a foreigner had gotten her interest. "Y-you are from out west?"

~Ren Arasaka...~

Ren listened to Yuzo talk, but didn't hear all what he had to say as Ren occasionally lost focus. "Well, maybe. You get used to it I guess. Gotta focus on the bright side of things like" Ren paused for a moment. "Hero stuff or" Ren paused again. "Having a good breakfast. One step at a time, ya know?" Ren said wiping his eyes. He let out a smile. Before Ren could speak once more, a red mass of flesh began to make an come out of extend from Yuzo. Ren being not entirely here right now saw the red blob form, and couldn't quite form a reaction, He sat there curiously watching it manifest. Not only that but wave at him.

Ren cheerfully waved at the blob, "Hello" Ren said. Then a few moments later it hit him. His eyes widened, "Wait. Did you just wave at me?" Ren was baffled by the fact that Red waved at him. Completely ignoring the fact that Yuzo has a red blob connected to him. "Red, and Yuzo Nikudzuki" Ren said pointing at them to differentiate the two. He glanced at the two of them a couple times to assign names, and hopefully not get them mixed up. "So are you siblings or something?" Ren asked confused. He tried not to overthink the situation, but was curious about an answer, "Quirk stuff" Ren thought out loud. He sat there puzzled for a few minutes before lifting his thumb and smiling, "Nice to meet you as well. Both of you" Ren said.

~Yu Wu...~

"No problem. I got plenty to spare, so I like sharing" Yu said. Asami accepting the candy bar was a sign she was A-Okay in Yu's book. Anyone that liked candy couldn't be all that bad, at least to him anyways. "My bad. Simple me coming to conclusions. Yep! Well I was born and raised in Shenzhen, but my mom came from Musutafu, here in Japan. Though you've been overseas as well. I bet your story is just as interesting, where'd you go overseas to?" Yu asked.

Kishi nodded when Kat answered, the first part of his question, but the second part caught him off guard. "Yeah.... I know-" Kishi let out a loose laugh, but it was impossible to hide the concern on his face. The boy's brows furrowed as he considered what Kat had said, he wasn't sure why she felt it necessary to state that she had been training... after all, he had been training with her that whole time. It wasn't until the rambling began that Kishi realized the person in front of him definitely wasn't Kat. Once he determined that her words didn't make sense, Kishi began to notice all sorts of mistakes in the disguise, like the way she held herself and the way her voice inflected. Not to mention, she didn't have the girl's signature headphones. "Alright, who-" Kishi was suddenly interrupted by the loud sound of erupting cannons.

As the cannons shot colorful confetti over the crowd of students, the blare of a megaphone then rang throughout the air before dispersing. There was only a moment of peace before a loud voice echoed through the courtyard, "Good morning wonderful students!" Mr. Zumiti smiled down at the group as his body grew to about three times normal size, catching the attention of the crowd before he shrank back into normal size on the stage. "Familiar faces and bright new smiles alike, it is so wonderful to see you!" the purple haired man grinned wildly as his gaze swept the crowd, "I'm the principal of this fine establishment, you can call me Mr. Zumiti. I'm so excited to get to see you all in action, but for now I'm going to hand control over to our own Mr. Hamikaru!" Mr Zumiti made a dramatic gesture as he passed the megaphone to the blonde man positioned slightly behind him.
Mr. Hami glared at the principal before cautiously taking the megaphone, his half lidded eyes slipped over the crowd before he let out a yawn and sighed out loud. "I'll say this once and once only, so you better listen up." Mr. Hami said as he let out a breath of air, before tapping the megaphone "Damn this thing is loud." the man groaned before turning off the megaphone entirely. Those in the back would just have to focus. "In exactly 15 minutes the test will begin. Where you all are standing it marked as point A. Point B is exactly 5 miles away from this point, it's technically a straight line, but I don't suggest taking that route. Your job is to get from point A to point B within the allotted 60 minutes. There isn't hardly anything not allowed during this test, you may use your quirk to it's full potential. The only thing you may not do is harm your fellow examinees, doing so will result in immediate disqualification." Mr. Hami paused as if considering if he had missed anything before shrugging. "Yeah, that's it. Don't waste your opportunity." the man ended his brief speech.

"Well uh, interesting uh l-let's see...." Asami had began to say as really she considered her story to be a touch on the mundane side but she figured she owed it to Yu to give her story, though before she had much chance to the sounds of canons shot in the air which caused a rather unflattering yelp to escape her lips as she turned ahead of her; retreated in her hoodie she saw a pair of teachers introduce themselves, one whos seemed to shift to a giant before shrinking down much to Asami's amazement.

W-wow, such an amazing Quirk, I-I can't imagine having such seamless control...

The second teacher seemed to explain the coming entrance exam, which seemed to be a bit different than the one she had taken overseas. It seemed to be some sort of maze run. One that had a starting spot of...right where they had stood. Right here? At the entrance of the school? Then that'd mean that the "exit" was somewhere on the other end of the city. This seemed to be a rather curious development as Asami tapped her index fingers against each other as she wished to ask a question on details but worried about speaking aloud among the crowd. What if she had a slip of the tongue? What if she said something dumb? Even if she passed the entrance exam, that kind of shame could follow her the rest of the year.

Yet, could she afford to cower by that possible worry and miss getting a full idea of what it is they were to do?

Asami wrestled with this for a while, and slowly it seemed like she prepared to raise her hand for a question as if she had made up her mind. Only at the last minute to retract her hand, worried she'd be exposed as a "dumb" one who didn't get it and refrained from a public question much to her internal frustration.

DevVoid

"' Eh, siblings? "' The two said in unison, then looked at eachother with a silent pause before briefly breaking into laughter. Not out of jest for Ren thinking they were siblings, but from imagining if they were ACTUALLY siblings. The two stopped laughing, before Yuzo spoke up. " Oh, no! We're not siblings at all! Red is my Quirk! He's like a second, stronger me, formed into a flesh blob. " Yuzo explained. " Though, the thought of us two being siblings is hilarious to imagine. Red actually has to stay connected to me, as you can see back here. " Yuzo said, turning his head to the left to show off the strand of flesh connected to Red, going down the back of Yuzo's Collar and beneath his clothes. Then, the announcement came in and Yuzo's, aswell as Red's attention were stolen from the sudden confetti and the voices announcing their presence through a megaphone, aswell as announcing some kind of Test. Yuzo and Red were guessing some kind of parkour course. Or maybe a kind of target practice course or something.

Theories aside, Yuzo and Red (despite Red having no facial features other than dents in his head that account for eyesockets, eyebrows, a mouth and a nose socket..) gained a serious look on their faces and glanced at eachother. Red began shifting very quickly, flowing out from the undersides of Yuzo's shirt, now covering him from head to toe with his mass of flesh. Red even covered Yuzo's head, in the form of a sort of ninja mask, leaving only a slot for the eyes open. As a finishing touch, Red manifested a pair of seemingly bat-based wings on Yuzo's back, large enough for him to take off and fly with. Yuzo, now in his 'hero costume', crossed his arms and had a more relaxed look again. Atleast, in his eyes, which was the only thing not covered by Red right now.

Yuzo thought for a moment, and his face was revealed more, with Red's flesh retreating to the borders of Yuzo's head, freeing his nose and mouth. After this, Yuzo looked back to Ren. " So, what about you? What's your name? "

~Yu Wu...~

After the confetti cannons were shot, Yu looked up with excitement. He reached up to catch a few pieces of confetti paper. "I know right? Neat!" Yu said.

The Principal seemed neat. His ability to change size definitely seemed interesting. Yu wasn't entirely sure what to think of him, but based on hiw he presented himself he seemed like a fun dude. The second person seemed less extroverted than the Principal.

"This sounds like its probably gonna be fun! So basically... as long as we get from A to B we pass. Doesn't matter how we do it, so long as we do it. Sounds ominous, but cool!" Yu said excitedly. Hearing this made Yu more curious about what was to come. He leaped with excitement, "This is gonna be easy as corn, I can't wait for this thing to starch!" Yu said.

~Ren Arasaka...~

Ren watched the two laugh, and wasn't entirely sure what they were laughing about. Did they remember a joke or something? "Ooohhh. Quirk stuff. Sounds good" Ren said nodding and pretending to understand what that meant.

"Ooohh" Ren went as he saw where they were connected, "kinda like siamese twins" Ren thought out loud.

Ren was too busy thinking about Yuzo and Red's relationship to notice the confetti that had just shot out above them. Ren turned in surprise when he saw the principal speak. The voice was so loud that even Ren couldn't help but to notice it. The principal seemed like a funny dude almost.

Then the second guy spoke, and once the microphone was turned off that's when Ren had to really try focus. Which was more than challenging considering there were plenty of things to get distracted by. Ren looked at Yuzo, then at the principal, then at the podium and even occasionally found time to look at the man explaining the trial. Ren let out a small yawn a few moments after Mr. Hami did.

Ren wasn't entirely sure what they were doing but figured he'd pass if he followed the others. "Simple enough I guess" Ren thought out loud. Ren looked back at Yuzo, unsure of what to think as he saw Yuzo's wuirk in action. "I'm Ren. Ren Arasaka" Ren said poking Red. "Looks like your prepared" Ren said.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Garrett sighed "damn I thought you might catch on" he said before shifting back into himself and smiling "Hey there Kishi it's been a while, I'm not sure if we ever really spoke before I left but I definitely remember you" Garrett then smoothly crossed into Lorenzo his old twitch now gone "Actually I remembered you, you've gotten cuter" Lorenzo said with a smirk before Garrett took over once more "anyway you and Kat must have hung out a lot if you could tell I wasnt her" he said simply. Before listening to the announcement, "that's sounds fun" said Lorenzo's voice in Garrett's head before Garrett went back to waiting for Kishi's reaction.

The exam encompassed several basic levels, a detail which Mr. Hami seemed to purposefully leave out. It would start on the school grounds.The gates on either side of the school would open and the students will be granted access to the schools outdoor training facility. There were several paths that the students could take, but they wouldn't be able to simply run straight across. The students would be forced to pass through at least 5 of the obstacles unless they had a quirk enabling them to fly over or run straight through. Placed across the facility was: a set of monkey bars that enabled 5-6 people across, a rock climbing wall that would have to be scaled up and climbed down the other side, a rope wall that also would have to be climbed up and down, a balancing beam placed at a slant so it gradually elevates until about 8 feet from which the students will have to jump, a rope swing course accessed from a ladder and set about 10 feet off the ground, a set of 'floating' boxes set 10 feet above the ground that the student will have to jump across also accessed by a ladder, a barbed-wire type crawl with rope instead of barbed wire, a tire run with 20 tires set to step in, and a zip line accessed by climbing up and down a tree. There was enough of each obstacle that it wouldn't be too crowded, but the teachers expected to see a degree of pushing and arguing.
Past the obstacles, the training facility will have an opened gate on the opposite side which lets the students into the city. The city portion is flat, and clear, but long. The school was given a firm warning about not letting the students destroy any part of the city, so they had to keep it simple. This part of the exam would test the student's endurance. It encompassed 3 miles, so they would have to move quickly if they wanted to finish in time.
The last level of the race ended at a wide, open field with a make shift city similar to the once used for U.A.'s entrance exam- this area will be riddle with 'villains.' Villains beings slender, human shaped robots that are of the newest technology. Some of the robots have basic mechanisms like shooting lasers of missals, while others contain a variety of quirks like extendable limbs or fire breathing. This area would be where the combative portion will play out and most of the competition will be eliminated.
Drones are used both as cameras to watch the students and as guides, keeping out civilians while turning around students who get lost. It won't be a particularly neat or easy task to complete, but that's half of the test.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kishi watched Garret transform and his eyes grew wide, "Yeah- the shape shifter!" the boy smiled. His mind flashed with memories of Garret and his other personalities before, he seemed to just disappear without a word. When another personality took over, Kishi was taken aback, he had forgotten how flirtatious Garret's other voice was. "Oh uh, you think?" the boy rambled awkwardly, red spreading across his cheeks at the thought of how quickly he lost control of the conversation. Kishi cleared his throat before nodding, "Uh huh, Kat and I have trained a lot." he smiled proudly before his bright orange eyes focused on the still-closed gate.
"Well it's good to have you back. I'm glad you didn't give up-" Kishi gave a toothy grin, admitting his assumption that Garret had thrown away the idea of being a hero. "I guess we never really introduced ourselves..." the boy added before extending his hand for Garret to shake, "I hope we can be friend." he nodded honestly. The boy brought one arm across the other in a simple stretch, guess he'd have to begin without Kat. He considered sending her a good luck text but figured it would be rude considering he was in the middle of a conversation. "I'm excited to see what you can do." Kishi added absently. When Mr. Zumiti crossed the stage tension grew in the air, it was clear that things were about to begin.

15 minutes passed slowly, as the students in the area began to stretch and warm-up, all eyes on Mr. Zumiti as he approached the stage. "Good luck!" the man said simply with a wide grin as the gates behind him opened and the crowd flooded into the training facility.

Haruki folded his arms as he looked around at the other students who conversed with one another, some of them seemed nicer than others, but he figured it was best to wait until they were in class before he would go off and try to make friends, his thoughts were then interrupted by the confetti that rained over him and the others followed by the teachers who introduced themselves and explained what was about to happen: A training course, something Haruki found unsurprising and a good way for him to put his training to the test.

Haruki listened carefully as the training course was explained along with the many different kinds of obstacles they had to overcome. This seemed to excite Haruki, one thing that crossed his mind was the potential competition and the potential skills they may have compared to his own. As he could tell the training was about to begin, Haruki tilted his head to click his neckbones and get himself ready, when the doors finally began to open, he joined the many other students who walked over to the training facility.

Kat flinched in surprise at Zuron's visceral reaction to the final battle. Mentally, she hit herself. Hers and Kishi's fight had been tough, but the way other students showed up in the hospital had shown that they had gotten the easier of the many battles. It had been rather callous of her to bring it up with considering how other students would have been affected by it.
"Sorry..." Kat murmured quietly, allowing Zuron to push the conversation along. She looked out over the crowd of students that were gathering.

Ignoring Zuron's insults about the school, the new students, and her own quirk, Kat tried to boil Zuron's comment down to what he had really meant. New school, lots of new people coming because of it. Would she be able to keep up? Before Kat could respond to Zuron's question, Mr. Hami announced the trial. Kat listened carefully. A five mile run? That wouldn't be so bad.
"Well, it sounds like you're going to be having the advantage." Kat said to Zuron. The girl began stretching to get ready for the run, putting down her backpack but taking out the escrima sticks and the sheaths, throwing them across her back.

"It looks like we're just going to have to see whether or not my quirk makes the cut. Either way, I'm not going to let it stop me. And you shouldn't either." Kat said. As the gates opened, Kat nodded to Zuron. "Good luck."
With that, Kat began her run. The girl scanned the other students, attempting to pick out Kishi as she ran.

DevVoid

" Well, yeah! Wouldn't want to come unprepared on the first day, after all. " Yuzo said, thinking for a bit more. Then, he decided on something. The flesh on his arms extended a bit and shaped into an additional pair of wings, while the flesh on his legs moved from them and inbetween them, forming a spring coil with a flat seat at the top which Yuzo sat upon, waiting until the exam was starting. Of course, he'd still keep talking to Ren if Ren wanted to talk about something else while waiting, but the announcement for the exam came in as quickly as it went and Yuzo's attention was now on something else. With the announcement over, Yuzo formed the flesh on his face back into a ninja-esque mask, letting only his eyes be revealed, and looked back to Ren a last time.

" Good luck on the parkour course. I've got a race to win. " Yuzo said, before jumping up with the spring coil, Red using the free space for forming the coil about 2ft taller, which coiled up on landing and launched Yuzo into the air soon after, Red quickly forming the coil back to cover Yuzo's legs as it went airborne again. Yuzo briefly closed his eyes to not get the strong gusts of wind in them, and as he felt he was slowing down, Yuzo spun himself around to get a headstart over the other students and sailed through the air using both his arm wings and back wings, going into a slight dive to keep gradually increasing in speed.

"Ooooohh" Ren muttered in curiosity as Yuzo's arms took the form of wings. "Your kinda like a bird or a batman" Ren said. "Wait though... Can wings like that even fly? Birds fly, but their bones are hollow thus light, and are those wings even aerodynamic? What's aerodynamic anyways?Aaahhhh... I'm too confused. Not important" Ren thought to himself.

Not wanting to overthink anything, he cleared his mind and took a deep breath before looking back at Yuzo. "Sounds good. Guess I'll see you at the finish line" Ren said smiling. He stood up, and looked towards the teachers. Ren didn't really know anything about parkour, but he wasn't gonna give up now.

Thankfully it seemed for Asami the outline of the exam would be better clarified; not only the boundaries and paths they had been meant to take but also the obstacles they were meant to use their Quirks or natural ability to help get through. This seemed to be within reason now and while she was nervous she felt more confident than she had mere moments ago. All that mattered now was that she picked that her Quirk would be of benefit on, though she figured she would not be lucky to encounter a swimming related event.

"W-wow..." Asami said, as she picked up on one student nicknamed "Batman" by another student who seemed to produce wings, as it seemed certain quirks were almost a guarantee win on this kind of exam. Though with Quirks as diverse as they are this seemed to be the reality of things no matter what kind of exam was picked, she was sure they school had something prepared for this but that was a wait and see. For now she took a sip of her water bottle to get herself nicely hydrated for what was to come.

Last edited:
Zuron's body stiffened as the clicking of the opening gates filled his ears. A few students rushed in before the gates were fully open, by the time they were completely open, most of the group was gone. Kat's words were distant in the boy's ears, he turned back just in time to see her wave him off. Zuron blinked at the disappearing crowd before quickly shaking his head. Kat was right, this whole course was made for his quirk. he could complete the first two parts in a matter of seconds if he used his quirk. But the boy refrain from activating the skill, which pulsed in his legs as if begging to be used, instead he took off just like everyone else. Even without his super speed, there was a noticeable difference in the pace of Zuron's run compared to some of the other students. It was clear who was well trained and who wasn't, those who were out of shape already lagged behind the others. Zuron watched a few lucky-quirked people soar through the course, one appeared to have some sort of 'engine' like ability that propelled him right through everything, and Zuron noted a few students fly above the obstacles. In particle, Zuron watched a large re glob-like set of wings flap heavily through the course, it cause Zuron to scrunch his face and mouth the word 'ugly' as he ran.
The first obstacle that Zuron approached was the monkey bars, a long set that he had to climb up a ladder to reach. The ladder was difficult, a bit crowded at first, but once at the top Zuron managed to elbow his way to the front of the crowd. He skipped the first few bars, leaping from the platform and catching hold of the 4th's bar, to which unimpressed grunts and mutters resounded behind him. Zuron easily flew through the rest of the monkey bars, dropping off the last bar and into a roll before getting to his feet.
He then hit the rock wall, though physically more than capable, the boy lagged a bit on the wall due to indecisiveness, a trait he developed during his time away from the school, and pauses to think of what hold to grab next. By the top of the rock wall, he had worked up a sweat- stopping a few times to wipe his sweat on the way down. Zuron wasn't sure how long it had been so far, but he couldn't help but think he had already spent too much time and was way behind.
The boy let out a grunt and picked up his pace, running towards the rope wall. Rather than using his hand and feet, the boy opted to leave out his legs, knowing finding footing would take extra time. He relied solely on his upper body strength, pulling himself up the wall. It was admittedly painful, but it seemed to pay off as Zuron looked back at the gap between him and the few others on the wall. He stuck his tongue out at the others before climbing down about halfway and then jumping off.
Zuron looked across the floating boxes and scowled. This part would have to go slow if he intended on maintain balance. Zuron jumped onto the first box with ease, watching as someone a few boxes ahead of him misplaced a foot, throwing off the whole platform off balance and causing him to fall off. Zuron let out a snicker and then, as if the other contestant's failure fueled him, sped through the rest of the boxes, in a series of consecutive leaps.
Rounding the last obstacle, Zuron was panting. He wanted to stop to catch his breath, but knew better than doing so. The boy looked down across the tires, considering how easily he could speed across them with his quirk. But with a shake of his head, he was off at regular speed and made his way down the tires. Once completed the tires, Zuron could see the opposite gate leading to a long stretch of road. The boy tightened his jaw before speeding up slightly to begin the next part of the test.

Kishi sighed when the gates began opening. "I assume you haven't seen Kat yet?" Kishi asked, secretly hoping Garret hadn't reached the girl before he had. But a rush of students caught his attention as the crowd began to flood through the now open gates. Kishi knew he needed to get a head start, but he wanted to wait for Kat. The boy sighed before rushing to catch up with the others, he'd run into Kat eventually. Honing in, Kishi focused on the course in front of him. Kishi had done some serious conditioning over the last view months, and he wasn't as big or as defined as many of the people around him, but he was certainly fit enough to compete. The boy talked himself up as he ran towards the nearing obstacle, "You got this. This is easy. This is daily training. It couldn't have been better for you." Kishi reminded himself as he approached the rope wall.
The rope wall being his first obstacle, Kishi climbed up it rather quickly- he looked like an insect scurrying up a wall. The boy reached out his limbs as far as possible, and used each movement to propel himself forward. Reaching the top, Kishi looked down at his red hands, knowing they would blister. No matter how hard he trained, it seemed his delicate, fair skin never got the message that they were supposed to harden over time. Kishi wiped his hands on his shorts before beginning to climb down the wall, nearly losing his footing at one point but recovering quick enough to not lose his place among the contestants. Reaching the ground, Kishi took off towards the next obstacle without even thinking.
When he reached the balance beam, Kishi silently cursed himself, but it was too late to turn back. The boy tried to move as quickly as he could across the beam, refusing to look down as he scooted along. It seemed to happen suddenly about halfway through the obstacle, when his right side suddenly felt heavy and he began leaning that way. Kishi began desperately flapping his arms, making a comical show of trying to keep his balance. Stilling completely, Kishi had almost tipped over when he shot a solid stream of water from his right side, the force pushing his body enough for him to regain composure. The rest of the balance beam was slow and steady, but he got across.
Knowing that he had to make up for the time lost on the previous obstacle, Kishi raced through the tire run like he never had before. He lifted his knees and took two tires at a time, laughing himself through the obstacle and onto the next as if it were no big deal. In truth, Kishi's body was beginning to hurt. His legs hurt from running, hands hurt from gripping, and lungs hurt form breathing. But it was a hurt that he had trained himself to get used to- he refused to let it stop him.
Kishi noticed a bit of a crowd by the next osbtacle, it seemed people were unsure of how to approach the rope barrier that force no way but under. Where they scared to get dirty. Kishi ran all the way around the crowd, ending up in the front before diving to his stomach and into the course. The boy coughed at a cloud of dust and dirt that puffed up when he hit the floor, but immediately began dragging himself forward with his elbows and crawling through the dry ground. When Kishi got up, his entire front was painted a pale brown color from the dirt, which also spotted his sweaty face.
The boy's last obstacle was easy. He scaled the tree like an adventurous child, he'd inch his way forward hugging the sides until a branch came into reach, grabbing that branch and pulling himself up before repeating the process. Reaching the top, Kishi's shallow breaths were loud, he was glad he didn't have to do anything but hold on as he stumbled into the zip line and used it to soar across the course. When the ride ended, Kishi was forced to make his way down the tree. The boy didn't realize how fast he was moving, but a look over his shoulder proved that he was definitely in the leading half of the group. Where was Kat? Ahead? Behind? Kishi's feet planted on the ground before he began running again, this time focused on the far gate that marked the end of the first art of the exam.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Garrett shrugged at Kishi's question but the boy was already gone so he also turned to the course and heard Lorenzo say something "Garrett remember that winged girl last year, I'm sure her quirk would certainly come on handy", Garrett chuckled "yes it definitely would Lorenzo" he muttered as he shifted into Aurora and took off into the sky as he passed Kishi on the course he span around and gave a mock salute to the boy before gliding away again, he soon made it to the end of the course and landed gently before shifting back into himself. He turned and began to consider who to use for the next part.

Kat ran with the group, trying to spot Kishi through the other students. It appeared that Mr. Hami had left quite a few things out, like how this run was full of obstacles. Not surprising, knowing the teacher. Kat attacked the first obstacle, climbing the rope ladder. Pausing to help another student to the top of the platform, Kat was faced with a choice. Climb down the wall, or keep climbing up to make it to the zipline. Kat opted to continue climbing, the next wall being a rock wall. Making it to the top, Kat pulled out one of her escrima sticks and used it to zip down the zipline.

Kat hit the ground in a roll, putting her escrima stick back in its holder, and began running once again. Kat's next obstacle was a... tire run? Really? As much as things changed, some stayed the same. Kat hit the tire run, clearing them easily. The for her final obstacle, the rope crawl. Kat hit the dirt, crawling through. The girl had to stop once or twice to rub some dirt from her eyes, but otherwise she cleared that obstacle relatively quickly.

Now was onto the next part of this run, whatever it was. Looking over, Kat saw Kishi making his way towards the gate. Grinning, Kat angled her way over to Kishi.
"I'll beat you there!" Kat called over to her friend with a grin.

~Ren Arasaka...~

Ren looked at Yuzo and Red one last time before walking towards the starting area, "G-good luck" Ren said as he began to casually jog into the testing area.Right before Ren could walk past the door separating them from the exam, Ren could see the ground coming right at him. Er, no. He tripped over a pebble mere moments before starting. Right off the back, Ren was of to a bad start.

He stumbled to his feet and got up running. First thing first was a rockwall. Ren placed his hand on the first rock protruding out from the wall. As Ren started climbing when he spotted a student fly past the obstacle like a bird flying south for the winter. Ren watched with excitement before he realized the rock wall was getting taller. No. Ren let go of the rock wall and was falling.

He laid there motionless for a few moments. Not quite comfy but not entirely uncomfortable. He reluctantly got up to try again. This time reaching the top, "heeeeroooo" Ren cheerfully muttered under his breath.

Next was a long beam or steel. As soon as he started he immidiatly began swaying side to side. Left, right, left, right. Left, left, left, right, left. To the right, to the right, to the left, to the left and slip before you finish and walk it off.

If the last obstacle wasn't challenging, now Ren needed to balance and jump. Ren ran then leaped out slipping and sliding across the first box hitting himself in the stomach across the second as he slid off the first. Like a cat desperately hanging onto the edge of a couch for dear life. Ren Scurried onto the second box, and onto his feet. Then to the third, and he eventually reached the other side.

Ren saw a rope climb, and a tire. Ren opted for the tire seeing how he already fell once. He desperately tried to lift the tire. Lifting with his back. He looked rather awkward trying to lift it. Ren tried again, but now lifting with his legs. He lifted the tire over his head, and stiffing his elbows so not to drop It. He even ran awkwardly as he carried the tire. He dropped the tire on the other side causing it to bounce, and roll on its side.

Last thing was a zipline. Ren held onto the zipline, clutching onto it for dear life. As he reached the other side. With all of his momentum he stumbled and performed a cartwheel. Now they were running. As Ren started running a drone pointed Ren in the right direction, as Ren was already running the wrong way. He turned to the correct direction before heading that way.

~Yu Wu...~

As Yu readied himself to begin, he grinned at Asami and patted her on the shoulder. "Try your best, and I'm sure you'll do well!" Yu said. When Yu reached the entrance he grabbed onto the doorway stretching his arms and reverting back to normal to launch himself like a human cannon ball. Yu bounced off his face, then off his back, and pop! Yu went as he slammed into one of the monkey bar poles. His body bent like a taco upon hitting it, "Oof! Haha!" Yu went as he stretched his arms to skip many of the bars, quickly closing the gap to the other side.

Next was a rock wall. "Haa! I got this one too!" Yu cheered as he stretched his arm further up the wall, and launching himself up. Then desperately trying to latch onto the wall. He reached up grabbing the rocks near the edge of the top launching him over the top. "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!" Yu went as he went down the zipline, and splating across the ground due to the forward momentum. His rubbery body bounced up like a bouncy ball, and he somehow landed on his feet.

He approached the rope wall next. He stretched his arms, pulling himself up the rope. He wrapped his legs around the rope so even if he slipped, he wouldn't lose progress. He reached the top then ran to the last challenge. Another rope. A rope crawl.. Yu wrapped his arms and legs around the rope multiple times due to his rubber quirk. Yu crossed to the other side like a Caterpillar or a snake moving across a branch.

After reaching the other side, Yu saw the next portion of the test was running. It was going to be a long ass run. Yu would need to pase himself to conserve energy.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Aurora flinched as she heard the loud noises of cannons erupting all around. After she realized it was just confetti she relaxed a little. However, she still reached up and brushed off the confetti that fell on her as she listened to the loud voice of the principal echoing around. She looked up as Mr.Hami started to talk, there seemed to be a test of sorts. She flicked her wings out and started to stretch them lightly as she listened. Five miles, I wonder how much of that I can fly past. It seemed to be a lucky day for her, movement was one of her strong points. However, she had to be careful to not overextend or hurt her wings. As the gates opened, Aurora joined the group that headed in. Sixty minutes and five miles. I'll just have to try my best and hope all goes well.

She looked around a bit before realizing what exactly the first part of the course was. After a moment, she slowed down a bit before she kicked off the ground and started to flutter her wings. The familiar touch of wind felt nice as she started to fly. A tiny but happy squeal of excitement squeaked out of her mouth as she flew and spiraled above the course. It felt nice, flying in the air once again. From the air, she saw the people underneath. If she squinted, she could make out a few people that she knew from last year. She broke into a smile at that, though she wasn't the most social last year she was quite glad that there would at least be friendly faces. Finally, when she saw no obstacles left, she started to slow down. Fluttering in the air, she looked ahead. It seemed that the next portion was a long run. She allowed herself a few more moments of rest before she started to fly forwards again.

DevVoid

' Look how high up we are, Yuzo! Good thing neither of us have a fear of heights, hah!'
" Yeah, that's good and all, but we can reach the end from here with a dive downward. Ready to dive and shift into motorbike form, Red? "
' Gotcha! Let's roll! ..literally! '

The pair spoke with eachother telepathically through their symbiotic bond, even though in practicality, it was more like Yuzo was speaking with a voice in his head as if he was insane. His arm wings quickly turned back into arms as he raised them up, and his actual back wings flattened as Red formed into a sort of hang glider/wingsuit hybrid on Yuzo's back. With a diagonal downward dive, the pair were speeding up tremendously, quickly reaching the end of the first part of the exam, being one of the first to reach it due to their starting boost and immense speed-up diving down. However, as the pair were approaching the land, Red shaped again as Yuzo adjusted his body, now sitting up with his arms held up infront of him. Red formed into a full-on motorcycle that Yuzo sat back on, holding onto the now-formed handlebars as Red spun his wheels around and sped off upon landing and passing through the first checkpoint.