• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed BNHA Flotsam Lot 2.0?

I'm thinking of doing a Flotsam Lot Reboot. I just think about the RP too much to let it go, there was so much to love about it. Unfortunately, we've lost a a lot of people with many accounts being last active weeks ago. I think I'll make it so that all of our original characters are 2nd years, of course we'll have to work some things out, and any newcomers or new characters we make will just be part of their new class. Good mix of old and new :D. I was just wondering if you guys would be interested in something like that- it just feels wrong to start from new. What's your opinions on the matter?

@Merciless Medic
@Captain Cardboard
@Keen Kitsune
@ThAtGuY101

I don't know if I missed anyone, I just went a few pages back into the RP, if you know of anyone else who was int he Rp and is still active, let me know. And if anyone viewing this was in the RP, feel free to join us, I only put the thread as closed so we didn't have anyone new confusing things. If you are an old friend- you're always welcome :D.

My thought process (a combination of crying over what was lost and like 5 minutes of actual planning), so far, is that everyone will be upgraded. Not quite U.A. quality, however. After the villain attack, the school was shut down due to many reasons. The students were released and took many different courses. Some got into better schools, others trained by themselves, others dropped the whole hero thing all together. At any rate, one year later, the school has reopened and is better than ever. A new location and building makes for better security, and after the seeing the student's potential in the villain fight, the school got extra funding. They still aren't anywhere near U.A, so it was reasonable when some students turned their nose at the opportunity to return, but others excitedly accepted the letter that invited them back to the first place that taught them to be heroes.
Considering it's funding from the government, however, the school is now forced to compete the with other big league academies, including UA. No longer will they be expected to use make-shift equipment or unconventional training, but that's what made Hashion Academy great, now the school and it's students face the challenge of staying true to themselves while being in the spotlight. While our other RP had a lot to do with the students overcoming their own weaknesses, this new Flotsam lot would revolve around having to fit in with the rest of the to-be-heroes.

When I say 'upgrade' I mostly mean edit his bio. Lengthen some areas and mostly write it a little better

I copied and pasted my old character then made a few edits. I may edit later on though.

Funny enough, there were a lot of things I decided to just leave the way they were. Some of his traits were already perfect the way the were.

Name: Ren Arasaka
Hero Name (Optional): Bedtime Hero
Age (Year): 16
Appearance (Detailed please): light dull faded brown jaw length hair. His hair is parted down the center so it doesnt get in his face. His eyes are light blue and relatively bleak, thick eye bags, very pale complexion, 5' 5 1/2 FT., 128 pounds, relatively slender. Sometimes twitchy.
Hero Costume (Optional): light blue silk pajamas(with yellow and purple stars on it), a green fire resistant bathrobe with a hood(with orange and black Xs and Os, like tic tac toe), red steel toed boots with soft cushioned liner inside(so he can be comfy but not worry about stepping on a nail or having his toes stepped on), silver sleep mask that he usually wears on his forehead or around his neck), and gloves with metal on the knuckles(for some extra pain in his punches)
Personality (Detailed please): For the most part whenever Ren isn't daydreaming or completely oblivious to his surroundings he can be a pretty chill dude. Though getting him to pay attention may take a great deal of effort. He's just a chill dude. Almost nothing phases or concerns him. Cat stuck in a tree? Where? Oh. I guess someone should try get it down? What were we talking about again? Oh right. He's occasionally forgetful. Ren almost never gets upset or angry and even when he does he's usually so forgetful that he ends up forgetting why he was even mad in the first place thus almost never angry(he will not forget someone ruining his breakfast though). He's also very simple too. every morning he eats the same breakfast, he wants to be a hero because heroes are the "good guys". though despite his simple nature he's a lot smarter than most people give him credit for. though usually that isn't much given the fact that most people who don't know him well usually have low expectations from the get go.
Major Malfunction (Why are they part of the rejects club?): Ren tried going to UA several times but always got lost or fell asleep trying. The rejects club just happened to be down the street from his home and also the only one he could actually find.

Quirk (Type):
drowsy breath(mutant)
Explanation: his breath creates neurotoxins that causes those nearby to fall asleep, he can also blow his breath in the direction of someone he wants to make fall asleep. (kinda like yawn from pokémon). his breath is also so cold that when people wake up they feel like they need a blanket or a coat. he is also immune to his breath's effects, also he can walk and talk in his sleep.
Setback: In order to knock someone unconscious you have to either breath it in or prolonged skin exposure.

he falls asleep if he doesn't move around meaning he is always either moving one of his feet or hands.(he falls asleep a lot), If he gets really confused(happens a lot) or eats a lot he may fall asleep.

When he sleep walks he is unaware of what is going on(he might punch someone unfortunate enough to be within punching range or trip and fall over), when he sleep talks he is also unaware of what he is saying(he might reveal a random fact about himself or randomly reveal secret plans away possibly to a villain).
other: 9,999/10,000% of the time someone sleeping under the effects of his breath will have a relaxing serene dream while the 1/10,000% will have a horrendous nightmare(unspeakably scary)

Last edited:
Here is Kat updated!

Character Form-
Name:
Katlynn McGregor
Hero Name (Optional): Artist
Age (Year): 16 (Second Year)
Appearance (Detailed please): Kat has long brown hair that's usually pulled back into a ponytail, and brown eyes. She stands at 5'5 and weighs in at 150.(This would be a little taller and a little bit more muscular than in the first RP, since time passed lol) She's got a little higher than average muscular build, and normally wears a green hoodie, jeans, and tennis shoes. Often carries around a sketchbook and art supplies. Also wears large headphones or earbuds. Now she's a bit more lean, from learning how to fight and get strong as well as training herself.
Hero Costume (Optional): I suppose now that Kat is a second year student, she would have a superhero costume. It's a relatively simple one, A light gray skintight suit, with a utility belt, boots, and gloves of matching colors. She wears a light gray mask that goes over her entire head, with lenses of the same color so she can see through. On the back of her belt, she has holsters for two escrima sticks.
Personality (Detailed please): Katlynn's a quiet student. She's a bit of an introvert, and likes to listen to music and draw. Her quirk in it's current form isn't very powerful, so she doesn't really like to talk about it. Deep down, she really wants to user her powers to help people as a pro-hero, but as of now she feels to weak and doubts that she will become strong enough. Likes to dance when she thinks no one is looking.
Major Malfunction (Why are they part of the rejects club?): Her quirk is seen to be pretty useless. After all, there's not much one can do with changing colors... or is there?
Quirk (Type): Palette Swap (Emitter)
Explanation: Whatever Katlynn points at changes color to whatever she wants. She can only change the colors of up to five things at once, and it wears off either when she wants to or after an hour. UPDATE: At her current master of her power, she can change the colors of things rather rapidly, and create more advanced color patterns on whatever she's changing.
Setback: It... uh... It's a quirk that just changes colors. Not a lot of offensive capabilities. Oh no! Your opponent's clothes are now pink!

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I remember this could I bring my character back in for the reboot.

Name: Garrett Thorn
Hero Name: Chameleon
Appearance: He has a relatively slender body but he is still kind of muscular. His hair is dyed a light shade of golden brown (original hair from og rp is silvery white) hair in a faux-hawk hair style. His eyes a brilliant shade of magenta, they glow slightly. He has a spread of freckles across his nose. Casually he wears a tight fighting white shirt tucked into a pair of dark blue, slightly torn jeans. He also wears a black leather jacket and a pair of black boots.
Personality: Garrett is a strong willed, dedicated and loyal person. He has a strong belief in people even if they have no belief in themselves, he also has a strong determination to better understand the human mind, in order to better understand Lorenzo and Bellamy. Garrett is straight. He dropped out of the school before the villain attack to attempt to find some common ground between his personalities.
Major Malfunction: Due to continuous use of his quirk, Garrett had gained a strong case of split-personality disorder. He is currently consisted of Garrett and two others, Lorenzo and Bellamy. This disorder can sometimes cause him issues such as constant arguing between his personalities.
Quirk (Type): Copy Person (not sure of what type it would be)
Explanation: Garret can copy the appearance and quirks of anyone he has seen and spoken too.
Setback: He can only hold the form of someone else for 10 minutes.

Name: Lorenzo Thorn
Personality: Lorenzo is also strong willed and loyal, but he is lazier than Garrett and also is kind of rude and snarky towards his superiors. He tends to ignore what he is told and does not get on well with Garrett. Lorenzo is also gay.

Name: Bellamy Thorn
Personality: Bellamy is also strong willed and kind of loyal, he is however more mischievous and tends to shift them blame to others. He does happen to get along with both Lorenzo and Garrett and sometimes attempts to be the voice of reason.

Last edited:
@Shadow_Pup Sorry I didn't tag you, I only tagged the people active on the last couple of pages of the RP. Of course I didn't forget about you, and I am glad that Garret is back. The only thing I have to say is that, considering a year has passed, I recommend that you make garret have a better handle on his personalities, that is only a suggestion for you. If you don't want to, that's fine, but I think it'll put him behind the other characters as far as strength, and that's never fun.

@Captain Cardboard @ThAtGuY101 look at you go-getters, already posting bios XD. Both are accepted, of course, but I think I may make an actual discussion thread- rather than this l mess of a thing that we are currently chatting in. I'll keep the bio template the same, but I suggest we also all come up with an idea for where our characters went/ what they did after the school was closed for the, let's say, half a year.

@| Korutesu | @Your-Friday-Filet Not only was this thread marked as closed, but I also explicitly wrote in my first post that I didn't want new comers yet. You guys are either extremely ballsy or haven't read to 'charms rules at all. If the latter is true, I highly suggest you go back and read the rules. Fortunately for you, I don't care enough to kick you out or not answer you. Yes, this RP will be open to newcomers, and yes it will be continuing off of the former plot. For now, however, there isn't much you can contribute to this thread. Feel free to stick around, or leave- whatever you want. When I make an actual discussion thread, I'll tag you in it. Expect that in the next couple of days.

Ren joined pretty late so he also has none of them mad connects yet. Hes just sone random dude that fought some random stretchy guy and got sent to da hospital. Tha end.