• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Blisk's Hall of Poetry

Didn't think a poem deserved a whole topic to itself so I have all my works here.

My Elemental Poems

Air
Blowing pleasant scents
Our way
With your push.

Thrusting waves
Toward our shores
Of sand.

Destroying towns
With your swirling
Of death.

Delivering us life
Through your gift of
Oxygen.

Water
Cascading down rocky walls
Forming into a pool
Of liquid beauty.

Moon affecting your levels
Of magnificent height
During the course of the day.

Earthquakes causing vast waves
Of your destructive power
To drown islands.

Calmly resting
In a hidden cave
As an immense lake.

Earth
Forming great dunes
Of plentiful
Sand.

Becoming metals
Of splendor
In caves.

Destroying grand cities
With your trembling
Crust.

Giving us life
With your
Gifts of plants.

Fire
Warming humans
With your heat
During a cold night.

Bringing death
To a peaceful forest
Filled with life.

Giving us hope
In a hopeless world
Of fear and hate.

Resting on
Our torches
During a struggle.

Please post your comments. I would love constructive criticism!

Also please comment on what you liked/disliked about them. Just putting excellent is nice, but I'd prefer more detail. And thank you, Toad Dude.

I like how you formed your poems of 3 lines with 4 paragraphs/stanzas(?)(Not sure what to call it) I like it cause if I were to write a poem that's how I would do it. This is my minor OCD ticks kicking in but I like how the 3 lines x 4 paragraph/stanzas equal 12 a nice even number.

Thanks. Didn't know that small of a detail would mean so much.

I will write a few more poems when I get time. Hard to balance school with finals coming up, planning my fanfics, and poetry.

I will write a few more poems when I get time. Hard to balance school with finals coming up, planning my fanfics, and poetry.

Yeah I know what you mean finals then hanging out with friends, then that project I got to finish it tends to be a real pain in the ass.

I think these poems well portray the traits of things in moderation/different uses/forms. You have a very lulling...what is it? beat? at least the way I read it.

What I am trying to say is the rocking melody of (for example) BLOWing PLEAsant SCEnts suits the poems well. The only negative comment I have is that "with your push" doesn't seem to carry the same beat, but it's an okay choice.

Night

Bellowing in chilly winds
The moon comes in from afar
Owls hooting with their kin
The splashing of a nearby gar.

Crickets chirping through the night
Calling in a possible mate
Snakes that give mammals a fright
Stomachs full from what they just ate.

Creatures here and beware
Of what's sulking in the dark
Oh what's that there