• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BlazinDelphox's PMD Roleplay

Ooc: I know the types

Max didn't think his attacks would knock out the noibats just keep them from landing a hit on ember,max saw the others using the cave to battle the pokemon,so he grabbed a somewhat large rock and jumped at a noibats,he slammed the rock on to the bat dragon knocking it out"one down,two to go"max grinned as his eyes sparked

The second Noibat got knocked out by Smug, so now the only one that was left was the one Ember was fighting. Smug, determined, decided to use his vines to keep the Noibat in place. He used Wrap, hurting the Noibat but also getting hurt by the supersonic frequencies the Pokemon was emitting. He awaited for the others to attack it, since he was holding it still. Any attacks that hurt the Noibat will hurt Smug, however, but he didn't care. He just wanted to get rid of these things.

"Running out of stalactites here!" Ember yelled. "Look, under most circumstances I would never say this but we should get out of here." Ember was ready to turn tail at any moment. The swarm was just too many for them. A pair of Noibats teamed up to take her out and succeeded. She limply slid across the slick cave floor then teleported away.

Smug saw Ember teleport away, since the Noibats were too much. The anticipation of him possibly not returning home caused his body to go into freak-out mode from all the adrenaline. His body couldn't contain the amount of adrenaline coursing through his body, so he began to shiver. From this, he actually learned a move, Growth. He couldn't use Leer anymore, but now he could use Growth. He used it, his body growing slightly and becoming stronger. He then smacked the Noibat he was wrapping with his vine, and then used Tackle, knocking it out. He yelled toward Max: "If you need to, you can leave. I'll keep exploring until I get to the very bottom of this cave!" His pupils became dilated even more, becoming thinner. The yellow stripes on his body began to glow a bit, and his ability, Overgrow, began to take into effect. His body began to have a green glow about him and his vines became thicker and stronger. If he stayed any longer, he might finish exploring this cave, but he hoped that Ember was okay.

"ember Where'd-"max was cut off when his vision went blury and showed where ember was outside of the cave"huh,that's new"max shook his head,and listened to the snivy refusing to leave the cave"smug your at your limit,you can't keep fighting"Max grabbed his badge and began to glow around him"smug if you want to escape the cave in one piece I suggest you come with us"max said about to exit the cave

Smug looked around and sighed. Max was right, but he didn't want to admit it. If he kept going, he might not make it out alive. He slithered around the cave, dodging attacks and finally getting close enough to hold Max's tail... Or at least one of them. His voice faltered when he tried to speak, trying to speak but couldn't from all the adrenaline. He might pass out from all this, since he's never actually had all this happen to him.

"What happed?" Ember asked to anyone around. "I'll be taking this back." Ember's mother said as she took back her badge. "It's a good thing I did take it! Those Noibat's could've killed us." "Us? Is the rest of your team still in there?" "Yeah..." "Then lets go save them!" Ember's mother picked her up and ran towards Beach Cave.

"hold on tight"max said as they disappeared from the cave leaving the noibats annoyed, eventually the two appeared in Max's home as the glow disappeared"phew,thank arceus we decided to leave,maybe ember knows that we're here since she must've used an explorer badge herself,explorer badges telaport you to you to your home"max sighed and wiped his head

Smug, tired from the exertion of fighting, faceplanted into the ground. He slithered out of Max's house, thankful that they were saved by a magical badge of some kind. He kind of wished he had gotten an explorer badge. Maybe he could sign up somewhere and get known for being an explorer, so he could get that badge. He slithered on outside, scooting along with his feet while his hands were limp at his sides. He looked around, seeing Ember and her mother head toward the Beach Cave. He sighed and threw a rock at them, not wanting to hit them, but just to get their attention. He didn't have the energy to talk, so that was the best he could do to stop them from going into that cave.

All of a sudden, Ember's mom stopped running. "Want to know something about these? You can use them to tell where the rest of the team is. They just teleported into Max's house. Go say hi to your team." Ember's mom said. "We only went on one adventure." "Still a team." Ember jumped down and went inside. "Hi Max, Smug. How are you?"

Smug scooted back inside, having no energy to even stand up and having hardly any energy to scoot around like he was. Although, it did look pretty comical, the way he was scooting around, even he was smiling from his comical mode of transportation, but he was pretty tired. His stomach started to growl, as he was hungry. He scooted around Max's home until he found his couch. He then struggled to get on top of the couch, his arms shaking as he tried his best to get on. He finally got on, but his arms failed him at the last minute. He finally was able to scoot onto the couch, and he fell asleep, his tail drooping from the lack of energy and the yellow stripes on his body becoming a duller shade of yellow.

"ahh!!oh ember,that cave was unlike anything I've seen before,good thing we all made it out,oh what happened with your mom since you took her badge"max chuckled as began to clean a few cuts and bruises on him"smug is on the couch by the way"max said wrapping his arms in a bandage

Ember would've used some bandages but she like all fire types needed special fire proof bandages. Ember sat on the couch as far from Smug as she could. She didn't want to accidently burn him. "My mom yelled at me but I told her that it got me out of danger and she stopped. How are you guys?"

(My sister will be roleplaying under my account soon, look for (Ember) or (Alice) at the top of my posts)

"suit your self"max finished wrapping his wounds and sat next to the exhausted snivy"too bad the adventure age is over, otherwise we could make an exploration team together"max said grabbing a berry and sitting back down

Smug woke up right when Max said something about an exploration team. He found some sun's rays peeking through a window and sat near it, putting his tail in the shining light. The light was so piercing that one could see Smug's leafy veins on his tail. As the color came back to his now vivid yellow stripes, he smirked. "Why not ask those crazy recruiters in Treasure Town? Maybe they'll help us get started, and they'll give me a badge. Maybe..." he hoped, of course.

Max had never thought about that although he doubt they would"we could give it a try but those pokemon are kinda koo-koo,and I can't really go around the town"max sighed and said under his breath"everytime I walk by everyone tells me that...that a Pokemon like me should be locked up in the distortion world and that I was a mistake that arceus made...somehow I'm allowed to attend the school"tears began to run down his face and he began to sob"I never wanted to be like this, because I tried to be a hero one time I became an outcast to nearly the whole town"max cried as he dropped the berry and put his paws over his face

Last edited:
"Who cares what you look like? I don't and anyone that does is dumber than a Magikarp! Even if that includes you. Now, I think we should celebrate not dying in beach cave. Who agrees?" Ember said.

Smug raised his tail up to agree to that, while keeping his arms crossed and leaning back comfortably. He did feel like they accomplished something for being in there as long as they had. He stretched and got up, his color revived and his energy brought back, he walked over to Max and sat down next to him. "It's alright, buddy. Besides, they're probably jealous that they are all a bunch of normal Dunsparces, and that you're a special little Sunflora... But Water-Type.. Don't let what they say affect you, as those are just only opinions, and those are subject to change. Besides, if you hadn't convinced me to get out with you, I'd probably wouldn't survive in that cave anyway, so I owe you one."

Max knew they were only opinions but they made him feel like he shouldn't exist,he then heard the words of his friends which helped him wipe his tears away"t... thanks guys,but I still can't show my face in town,and you don't owe me anything smug,were a team"max smiled feeling much better and he agreed to the party as well

Smug smiled, happy to see that his tears were gone. Although, he felt saddened that he couldn't show his face up in town, so he puffed up his chest. "You will never become stronger if you just sit here and mope about how you can't go out there and show the world who you really are. Besides, we are by your side, and if they try to harm you, we'd be there to protect you. Who knows, maybe we could become heroes or something of that nature," he then stood up quickly. "Come on, if you are going to be wanting to do some help, why not help? Hermits are fine and dandy, but there's almost always a stereotype associated with them. Come on, let's go. We'll make sure they won't get a chance to hurt you. If they do, they'll meet my vines of fury!" his vines popped out of their hiding spots as he said this, and he's very proud... Almost too proud.

"hehe, thanks smug,i guess I could try one more time,and I've never had anyone go with me to town so maybe it will be different"max sighed and gave a smile as he stood up and grabbed his bag"ok we need to get some stuff for the party,I live alone so we can have it here"max opened his door as he began to step outside of his home

Smug followed suit, gripping his satchel and tightening it around his shoulder. He stepped outside and awaited for Ember to follow suit. He already had a few ideas on what they needed to buy. Food. If they had kept going in that cave, he would've starved to the brink of passing out. He looked in his satchel for the money he picked up. 60 Pokecoins. It was enough to buy a couple of things. He also wanted to buy Gravelerocks for some handy throwing, but then he realized that Beach Cave was abundant in rocks, so he scratched the idea.

Name: Alice
Species (Base forms only): Shupet
Ability: Insomnia
Moves:[]Will-O-Wisp[]Phantom Force[]Curse[]Toxic[]
Item: Oran Berry Sack (7 berries)
Appearance (Picture or description):
(Alice/Ember)

"Hi I'm home. Oh wait... oopies. Wrong house. Say, is that cake? As in party cake? Can I have some?" A Shuppet had wandered in; talk about a wandering spirit. "Sure but don't eat the burnt part; that's mine. So what's your name?" "Alfise." she replied. Ember cocked her head to the side in confusion "Do you mean Alice?" "Yeah, my mouth was full of cake." "What cake?" The cake was gone leaving only a pan and a small burnt piece. Alice had eaten almost all the cake. "GET HER!" Ember yelled.

Last edited:
Smug watched as the Shuppet floated in and took some cake. He took into consideration messing with a Ghost-Type. Since he only had one attack that could at least damage the little sucker, he shrugged and walked toward Treasure Town. He didn't feel like messing with a Ghost-Type, especially after his pride was a little saddened by his almost defeat from a bunch of Water- and Rock-Types.

(Ember)

The little (and kinda reckless) Fennekin Flame Charged the floating cake thief who just came in and ate ALL of it. She went right through the ghost and crashed into the wall groaning in pain "Anyone know heal pulse? Of course not. I'll see if Nurse Joy can fix it." She then something between limped and stumbled out.

(OOC: Nurse Joy is a Wigglytuft)