• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BlazinDelphox's PMD Roleplay

Something's going on in the dungeons near Treasure Town. Pokémon are going crazy. Someone has to find the last few Explorer Badges left over from the Adventure Age made by Sol the Espeon many years ago. And those someone's will have to go to the depths of Zero Isle to save the land. Good luck! (;

Another boring day of school Ember thought. The teacher was rambling on and on about the Adventure Age. She would've been interested had the Adventure Age not ended years ago. Now it was pointless to know anything about it. Ember tried to sleep but some Pokémon in the back were talking in class. Instead of sleeping, Ember carefully charred a sketch of a Delphox onto one of the last empty spots on the desk. She also sketched a Snivy, Riolu and Buizel, a few of her classmates.

Last edited:
Smug, a Snivy with a brighter shade of yellow markings and red eyes, looked on at the entire class. He saw a Fennekin acting bored and trying to sleep, then began to draw something with fire. He chuckled as he looked around. He didn't exactly care for the age, but he guessed it was kind of cool. He wasn't much about history, but he thought it was kind of wicked. He looked around the classroom again, this time a Riolu and Buizel caught his eye. He didn't know why, they just did. He sneaked his chair towards a bit of the sun's rays contrasting with the ground below him, his tail became less droopy as he set it within the sun's rays, completely content with the warm feeling of the light shining down on his weary body as he tried his best not to sleep. He stuck a wild grass in his mouth that he's been chewing on recently and leaned back, listening to the teacher going on about this Adventure Age. Who knows? This information could come in handy later. He closed his eyes and ended up falling asleep, his body soaking up the rays.

Max was writing down notes in a small notepad trying to listen to everything the teacher was saying,Max had always been interested in the adventure age,he loved to explore in the forest and caves around his home and he dreamt of making an exploration team with his friends,if had any, after the accident that caused Max's color and eyes to change nobody wanted anything to do with him,he noticed a riolu,a snivy sunbathing and a fenniken sketching on the desk ignoring everything ,max rolled his eyes and began writing again
Maybe they would want to hang out after school?

As the teacher announced school was over, Ember used Flame Charge and charred a few desks on the way out. As she walked home she had an idea. She would try adventuring herself in Beach Cave. She didn't care that it was full of water types and she had none of those Explorer Badges that made adventuring much safer. However, she knew going alone was a bad idea. She went over to Max's house to ask him to come. Max looked a bit weird but she knew he'd come. She laughed at the idea that he might even scare the Pokémon away. She knocked on the door. "Max, want to explore Beach Cave with me?" she asked as she chewed a twig she found on the way.

Last edited:
Smug abruptly woke up startled that he had fallen asleep on accident. He looked over to the Buizel, who was busily taking notes. He chuckled at his attempts to study. He always hated taking notes, since his hands weren't meant for such a thing. He would rather have someone else take notes for him, but seeing how he isn't the kind to just randomly pick someone to do the job, he might as well try to make a friend. He looked over to the Buizel who had happened to be looking at him a moment ago. He caught his eyes rolling and smirked.

When the teacher said class was over, he saw the Fennekin dash out cloaked in fire, burning everything in her wake. He shook his head walked calmly outside, basking in the sun's rays. Since he was feeling like going on an adventure, and Water-Types are a great type to train with, he headed over to Beach Cave. As he stepped on the beach, the sands clung to his scaly feet. The sound of the waves rolling onto the granulated pebbles filled his ears as he walked towards the gaping maw of the Beach Cave. He could hear drips of condensed water dropping on the cold cave floor. He smirked and ran inside, confident he could beat whatever was in here.

As class ended max put his notes in a bag and walked home ignoring the fact that the fenniken left in a ball of fire

Later in Max's home,a small wooden cottage,he was mixing things to create items to help on an adventure until he heard a knock on his door and a faint sound of someone asking him something,max opened the door to see ember standing there gnawing on a twig"e...e.. ember hi,whhhyyy are you here and more importantly how do you know where I live we've never even talked?max asked surprised

As Smug walked along the cave of this place, he smirked. He can hear Shellos swimming about in the little puddles of water nearby; he could hear a couple of Corsolas singing in a minor tone; he could hear Kabutos clicking in the water and on the cave floor; and he could hear the hopping of Shellder as their shells hit the floor. Smug could sense there was something else here, but for now, he just wanted to explore. He thought that the Corsola were singing creepily, so, naturally for him, he decided to head that direction.

He found three Corsola singing together in a line, as they chant in a circle. As he crept closer, they stopped singing and chanting and slowly turned to face him. The atmosphere shift almost got him to turn back, but he remembered he had a Grass-Type move. He pulled out the vines from behind his arms and smacked one that headed toward him, being knocked away into the wall. The other two charged at the bold Snivy as well, but his vines kept them at bay. He decided to grab all three by their pink crowns on their head and smack them on the ground. That was when the first one he slapped with his vine charged him from behind, hitting his back with the pink horn on its head. He winced in pain as he fell forward, his vines reacting instinctively as they grab the Corsola. Now that he has them in his grip, he smashed them into the floor repeatedly.

These Corsola are usually nice and never this terrifying. If anything, they would've ran away from him, but no they boldly attacked him. He thought this was strange. As he finished knocking them out, he found the item that they were circling around. It was money. He quickly took it and ran outside, needing his satchel. The sand flew up behind him as he hurried away, wanting to go back there before anybody else decided to take his treasure.

Smug made it to his home a short while later, it being a den with the entrance being a tunnel in between two large stones. He slithered inside and grabbed his satchel, stuffing the money he found in it. He then ran back to the cave, wanting to find some more treasures. As he hurried back, he saw the same Fennekin and Buizel talking to each other, possibly at the latter's home. He shrugged and kept running, biting the wild grass more, sipping on its milky white substance.

When he got back to the cave and entered, there was already a Kabuto near the entrance, whom he nearly tripped on. He was about to hit it when one of the Corsola he smashed to the ground pointed at him and screamed unintelligible things at him. He looked confused, until the Kabuto peered at him from under his shell and tackled him. He saw it at the last second and sidestepped a little the right, nearly missing the tackle. He picked it up with his vine and flung the Kabuto toward the Corsola, but he had poor aim, and the fossilized Pokemon wasn't exactly light. He only threw the creature a few feet away before it began to scurry towards the Snivy. Smug sighed and tackled the creature, knocking it back but hardly doing any damage. He then smacked it away with his vines, knocking it out. The Corsola, enraged, charged toward Smug once again, its eyes glowing red.

Smug found this terrifying, but he held his ground, smacking the Corsola in the face once again with his vine, causing it to hurtle away into the floor. It, too, was knocked out. Smug panted from the overuse of his attack and looked around. This place... This place was obviously dangerous. He headed back, not caring for the treasure anymore. He kept running until he saw the Fennekin and Buizel again. He ran towards them, wanting to say what he had found. His voice weary but still holding on a bit to its composure as he warned the two about the cave's denizens.

"Guys, if you want to go into the cave, be very careful! The Pokemon in there are not friendly at all. They attacked me as soon as I entered. Please, if you go, take items with you and protect yourself as much as possible. Those Pokemon mean business. And one of the Corsola in there had eyes that were glowing red! If you go in there, be very careful! You don't know how dangerous it is to go in there. Corsola are meant to be peaceful, but those things were murderous. If I wasn't careful, I would've gotten snapped in half!"

"aah!!oh it's only you smug,wait,how does everyone know that I live here"max yelled surprised,he than noticed what smug was saying and how beat up he was"are you ok,hold on a second"max ran into his home and dashed back out with a bandage and a berry and began wrapping smug's bruised arm(I don't know if this is autoing, I hope not)"ok that should help it a little and this orange berry should give you some strength back,now back to topic,what the heck are you guys doing here"

"I just saw Fenny right her talking with you. Besides, your home is kind of near a river. Anyway, thank you for the supplies. I just came here to warn you guys of Beach Cave. Be careful when exploring. Those Pokemon are more dangerous than the run-of-the-mill Rattata. Crueler, too. Bye," with that, Smug left quickly, eating the berry and heading back to Beach Cave to try to explore it once again.

"hey,if it's really that dangerous then let me go with you"max ran back inside and came out with his scarf on and ran after smug"sorry ember but why don't you come explore with us,heh"max said as he caught up to smug

Smug saw the Buizel catch up, and heard the now faraway Ember about the Passho Berry and the Heal Ribbon. He gave her a thumbs-up before he stepped on the sands of the beach. He sighed, but glad for the company. He looked at the maw, waiting for the Fennekin to arrive, if she was even coming. He watched the sun's rays dance on the ocean. He might as well take a few deep breaths and calm himself down from the adrenaline rush. "You have any items you can use for yourself? We might need it. If you want to store anything, you can use my satchel. I know we aren't a team, but we can always make one. Let's see what that Fenny has to say, when she gets here, of course. Pretty sure she's coming, but I don't know."

Last edited:
"Well, I have this Passho Berry. Should make the water types a little les dangerous for me. And I think I have a Heal Ribbon at my house. My mom kept it even after the Adventure Age. I'll go get those and we'll meet at the beach, Ok?

Max nodded his head to ember and turned to smug"no I got plenty of items already hehe,aahh the beach,the best place for a water type like,the water is so refreshing"max said trying to make small talk"so smug why do you think the Pokemon are acting like that"he asked

Smug shrugged, not knowing the answer. "I don't exactly have a clue. Maybe its gotta do something with that Adventure Age thing, or whatever. Maybe history is repeating itself again," as he talked he took out the chewed up stem of some wild grass, and moved to the bushes to find some more. When he found some, he carefully lifted them from the ground, as to get the sweet white parts of the stem and not the bitter green parts of the leaves. He then stuffed them in his satchel, and put a new one to his mouth after he cleared away the roots and dirt.

Ember ran off to her house, which is made out of stone as opposed to wood for obvious reasons. She stepped inside. The ceilings seemed like they were fifty feet tall to a rather small Pokémon. "Hi Mom, I'm going exploring! Can I have a few things to take with me?" Ember asked her mother. "Sure, but only if you promise to go with a grass type. Water is," Ember interrupted "I know, effective on Fire types like us. I'll be careful! I'll even take a Passho berry. Is it alright if I take your Heal Ribbon and Explorer Badge?" Ember's mother replied "You can take the Heal Ribbon but I don't want you losing the badge." "Ok, Mom." Ember said as she jumped into her mother's arms. It was a little weird being a quadruped with a biped mother. She carefully slid the Explorer Badge out of her mother's fur and into her mouth. She then jumped down and said "Bye, mom!" as she left for the beach.

Smug awaitted for Ember to return, still chewing on his piece of wild grass. He leaned against the wall until he heard pitter-pattering of little feet running across the grass. He climbed the ledge he was leaning on and saw Ember running back. He smiled, and yelled toward Max. "Hey, our Fenny is coming!" He dropped back down and crossed his arms, waiting for her to get her fluffy tail-end closer to the mouth of the cave.

Max smiled and looked at ember as him and smug waited at the entrance of the cave,max was rather eager to explore with others, suddenly max felt a surge rush through his body,he looked back at smug and behind him was a corsola lunging at smug"watch out!!"the fins on Max's arms began to glow"fury cutter!"in the blink of an eye max slashed at the corsola knocking it back as two more joined the coral pokemon"gah,we haven't even gone into the dungeon yet" max said preparing to fight

Smug remembered them as the ones who had attacked him earlier. He laughed, explaining to Max what he had just noticed. He then took out his vines, quickly chasing and whipping the Corsola back into their little hidey-holes in the cave. He came out, satisfied with his work and had his arms crossed again, smiling smugly toward his friends.

"so that's what you meant"max said after the Pokemon crawled away,he turned to smug and sighed"they were attacking you before, good thing we didn't lose since explorer badges don't work outside of dungeons"max said pulling out a green and blue badge and cleaning it off,after wards he attached it on his scarf.

Smug looked at the badge, wondering why he didn't get one. Maybe it was that useless day at the school he skipped because he had better things to do... Whoops. He sighed, smacking his palm into his face.

"Uh, guys... I don't have one of those badges... Was there some kind of a give-away at school? I must've skipped it," he said, ashamed at his own stupidity.

"oh,no you didn't miss any give away at school,this badge was in my explorer bag after the incident that made me look like this,I don't know how it got there honestly,but what's weird is it had my name and a miniture buizel footprint on the back whenever I found it so I kept it and it helps out alot when I explore dungeons"max said taking it off of his scarf and showing smug both sides of the badge

Smug sighed in relief, thankful that he didn't miss anything. He then wondered if there was anything like this in his home or in his satchel. He decided not to worry about it, and just focus on the task at hand. He looked toward the cave, hearing the screeches and awful sounds coming from within the cave. He shuddered and shook his head. Something about this didn't seem right, and he was going to get to the bottom of this.... And this cave.

Max noticed the nervous expression on smug's face and he was almost as nervous as he was"don't worry this should be easy with you,me, and ember exploring together,it's only beach cave,I've beaten this dungeon tons of times"max said pretending like this would be easy,sure he has completed beach cave alot but not like this,he was nervous the explore badge wouldn't work with all this going on

"And I just "borrowed" mine from my mom. But what will we do about the fact that Smug doesn't have a badge?" Ember said. "He is a grass type and is able to handle water types much better than I can but no dungeon is safe without a badge. Well Smugleaf, want to risk it, or try to find a third badge?" Ember wanted to just go, and had a trick up her sleeves for if he said no but she didn't want anyone to get injured.

Smug sighed and just shrugged, not wanting to bother with it. "I'll just leave if I can't seem to keep going for any longer. But I'm pretty sure we'll be fine," he said so confidently. Although, he couldn't quite tell, seeing that Ember was a Fire-Type in a cave full of Water-Types. He'd be the main protector of the three of them. He stretched out his arms, getting ready for this exploration. He took a few steps forward, only stopping to look back to see if they were ready or not.

Max grinned and looked at the two"ok,let's do this"max said as he reattached his badge to the scarf,he kept trying to act brave even though this will be really difficult,he stared at the entrance of beach cave,he was excited to explore with someone but he was afraid that something would happen

Ember slid the badge into her fur and said "I can handle a little water." as they all went in. Ember couldn't see any Pokémon besides her allies. "So Max, if I recall correctly, you weren't always those colors. What happened?"

Smug looked around cautiously, wanting to make sure there were no other bad guys. He strained his ear holes to listen further, but the sound of Ember talking broke his concentration. Whoever is here probably heard her, as her voice and their footsteps echoed down the cave ominously. It felt empty, like no one was here. He thought that it might be more lively in the deeper levels.

Suddenly a trio of Corsola attacked! From the way they glared at Smug, it seemed like they were the same ones from earlier. However, this was a fairer fight than before, being a 3 on 3 instead of 3 on 1.

Smug sighed, having to throw these things away several times before was getting boring. His vines shot out from his body, smacking one of them into the other. He tried to hit the third one, but it jumped over the vine and charged toward him, the coral-like horn on its head pointed directly at Snivy's chest. Smug used his vines to jump over the Corsola, landing on it and using his vines to stop it in place while he used Wrap to gradually do damage.

One Corsola was almost free of the vines, so Ember Flame Charged it but only freed it and gave herself a headache. Ember then Howled, the echo making it sound like something much larger than a Fennekin had Howled. The Corsola were nervous from the Howl, but kept fighting. Ember approached the free Corsola and said "Hey, look at me! Right in the eye. You're tired, very, very tired, like you haven't slept in a week. So just take a nap, you'll feel much better." The Corsola fell asleep. Ember also shot an Ember at the ceiling to knock a rock loose onto another Corsola.

Snivy fell off when Corsola bucked him off. He saved himself from falling on his head by reaching his arm out toward the ground, using his momentum to push himself away from the Corsola. He used Tackle, charging at the angry Corsola, knocking it into a wall. While it was stunned, he used his vines to pick it up and throw at another Corsola, but it missed. The thrown Corsola got knocked out anyway.

Ember lured the last Corsola under a loose stalactite(?) and shot it down. The falling rock knocked out the Corsola. "Well, that was kinda fun. What did you guys think?" Ember asked.

Max was in a trance the moment ember asked about what happened and ended up missing the battle"huh,oh!sorry I just freezed up but looks like you guys were able to handle the corsola,but about how I ended up like this...I'll tell you after we clear this dungeon"max sighed as he picked up a few coins off the ground

Smug shook his vines out before returning them to underneath his scales. He hopped off the passed out Corsola and decided to wander off from the rest of the group. He then found a Shellos, slithering around the place. He sighed and walked up to it. The Shellos turned its head and immediately began to blow bubbles at him. He popped each and every bubble with his tail, fingers, and vines and then smacked the Shellos in the head, knocking it into the water. The Shellos, becoming enraged, ran away to call upon its friends. Smug shook his head and wandered around for a bit. He found Oran Berries, Apples, Pokecoins, and even a Pecha Berry.

Max saw the noibats charging at ember and that smug had ran off,max acted quickly"aqua jet!"max formed water around him and jumped at the noibats knocking one away and jumped back"fury cutter"he slashed at one and slid oneto the Rocky ground"heh,fight!of course"max said feeling much more confident as he smiled at ember forgetting about the last noibat

Smug could hear fighting happening in the distance, so he ran toward it, wondering what it was. He ran as fast as his little legs could carry him, and he saw a Noibat, heading straight to Max. He found a Gravelerock on the ground, which is some kind of a hard stone that's great for throwing at enemies at a distance. He picked it up and threw it with surprising accuracy at the Noibat, hitting it in the wing. The Noibat, crippled, fell to the ground just short of hitting Max. Smug walked up to his pack, throwing the Gravelerock in the air and catching it, with his trademark smug on his face.

(BTW Grass, fire and water are all ineffective on those guys)

By now Ember had decided shooting stalactites was a very good idea. That and it was kinda fun. So she shot some off the ceiling as the fight raged on.

(OOC: Yup, I know my types XD)

BIC: Smug chuckled when he saw the Fenny shooting Embers at the ceiling madly, trying to make the stalactites fall on the herd of Noibats. Smug decided this was a great idea and found more Gravelerocks. He threw them at the Noibats and at the stalactites, hoping to daze one so that a stalactite and can fall on them. He ran around, avoiding the sound-based attacks of the bat-dragon things and throwing more Gravelerocks at them... Until he ran out. He found a few Sticks lying around and hurled them at the Noibats, hitting one in the wing, which crippled its flight capabilities.