• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Blaziken's Weekend Trivia Contest - Week 1 Answers!

logo.jpg

Well, the weekend's done and dusted and the scores have been tallied up. A bit of a disappointing number of players this week - don't be put off from having a go even though the questions are tough! You've got another 5 chances this season to at least make an impression on the scoreboard, so even if you don't fare too well one week, you can still pull it back. You all better be more prepared and ready to have a go next week or I'll have Ralts eat your feet! (Well, nibble at them. He doesn't have very big teeth).

Anyways, the answers are available in the full topic below - one small correction on my part is that the second category's 2nd question was based on misinformation and had to later be altered so you lot could actually stand a chance at getting any points off it. Ralts has been sufficiently beaten for his error and he assures me it wont happen again. 'Course, if it does, I'll beat him twice as hard.

Scores for this week rack up as follows:

Tabby: 9 Points
Samaraii222: 19 Points
Shado: 24 Points
Jeydis: 30 Points
Jertyuiop: 32 Points
Phoenix: 35 Points
Xelaaredn: 37 Points
Jet: 39 Points

But this week's winner, with 40 out of a possible 42 points is:

[size=40pt]Xatu![/size]

I'll be back again next weekend with more nut-hard questions. Make sure you're there to answer them!

Last edited by a moderator:
The answers to this weeks quiz:

Who's That Pokemon?

1.png
-
054.png

- Psyduck, Shiny, Platinum - 3 Points.
2.png
-
479flying.png

- Rotom, Spin Forme, Platinum - 3 Points.
3.png
-
gbs009.gif

- Blastoise, Silver - 2 Points.
4.png
-
026.png

- Raichu, Green (/Japanese Red) - 2 Points.
5.png
-
dungeon383.png

- Groudon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - 2 Points.

Max Points: 12

Pokéology Study!

1. Which Pokemon can go for days without eating a single morsel because of the nutrients its unique body can withold?

- Bulbasaur, 2 Points.

2. Name one of the Pokemon capable of learning from a possible 7 moves at level 1.

- Accepted correct answers include: Aerodactyl, Dragonite and Regigigas, 2 points.

3. Which Pokemon has a scent capable of energising both humans and Pokemon?

- Bayleef, 2 Points.

4. Which is the heaviest non-Legendary Pokemon?

- Metagross, 2 Points.

5. While Gloom uses its smell to scare off attackers, which other drooling grass Pokemon uses its scent to attract prey?

- Carnivine, 2 Points.

Max Points: 10

The Game's A Foot!

Doing well so far? Well, this is where that ends! Only the hardcore nerds stand a chance with this one - can you identify a Pokémon by nothing more than its footprint?

1.png
-
486.png

- Regigigas - 3 Points.
2.png
-
441.png

- Chatot - 3 Points.
3.png
-
323.png

- Camerupt - 3 Points.
4.png
-
224.png

- Octillery - 3 Points.
5.png
-
123.png

- Scyther - 3 Points.

Max Points: 15

This Week's Featured Pokémon!

You get 3 facts about 1 Pokémon, if you figure out which Pokémon the facts are about, you get 5 points - if you don't, you get nothing!

Who Am I?

- I evolved at level 18
- I have two abilities
- I am sometimes used as a thermometer

- I am Skiploom!

Max Points: 5

Total Points available: 42.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, Blaziken! I thought about entering but ultimately decided not to. Maybe next week I'll give it a shot to see how I do XD

Congrats to Xatu for winning last weekend's round ^^

Ah, I agree with Linkachu XD I admit I couldn't answer some of the questions but I'll definitely try next week.

Congrats Xatu ^^ That was a really good job!

40 out of 42 points, well deserved victory xatu ;D I was close, but I didn't realise you could get points for writing which game it came from ::)

Thanks you guys.

Man, I was not even thinking outside main games on that Groudon. It looked a little off, but I just assumed shrinking was the alteration and the pixels mashed together.

Nice throw off Blaziken.