• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Blaziken and Sceptile help

I've heard people say that it's a bad idea to have special and physical attacks on the same Pokemon. But is that necessarily true? I'm going to raise a Blaziken in the future and I wonder if it would be okay to put both kinds of attacks on it if its attack and special attack are fairly equal.

Blaziken
Sky Uppercut
Flamethrower
Slash
Rock Slide

I also have a problem with Sceptile. :-[ The new way of classifying attacks in D/P just turn my Sceptile moveset on its ear so I need help with a new one.

Sceptile-Hardy
Leaf Blade
Giga Drain
Dragon Claw
Brick Break
*Don't tell me to get a new nature because I'm not going through the trouble. :p

I can already see that my Sceptile special attack will be higher than its attack. I think the new classifications may have hurt Sceptile but nevertheless it's still one of my favorites and I want mine to have a good moveset.

blazekin, i think its good overall, as for the sceptile...

Sceptile-Hardy
Leaf Blade
[glow=red,2,300]energy ball[/glow]
Dragon Claw
Brick Break

but thats only if your ok with having 2 grass type moves in your team, and you could just ev train him in attack so you dont have to change his entire moveset

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Yeah, except I would remove Leaf Blade. Sceptile's Sp Attack is stronger since its Nature is Hardy. So Energy Ball ftw.

Sceptile
-Energy Ball
-Dragon Pulse
-Leech Seed/Giga Drain
-Toxic

Methinks that's that best you'd be able to do. The D/P move-split really screwed Sceptile over. But I think this moveset should serve you well enough.

Be aware that Leech Seed is an Egg Move.

And I was attached to Leaf Blade too. Maybe I will go through the trouble of breeding a Treecko with a "spicy" personality (that's a nature that favors attack). I mean before D/P Leaf Blade was exclusive to the Grovyle and Sceptile. Plus I discovered via the move relearner that Sceptile can learn X-Scissor and Night Slash.

But Dragon Pulse is great replacement for Dragon Claw. I can save that TM for my Dragonite. And will it make a big difference if my Sceptile has an adamant, brave, lonely, or naughty nature?

And I was attached to Leaf Blade too. Maybe I will go through the trouble of breeding a Treecko with a "spicy" personality (that's a nature that favors attack). I mean before D/P Leaf Blade was exclusive to the Grovyle and Sceptile. Plus I discovered via the move relearner that Sceptile can learn X-Scissor and Night Slash.

But Dragon Pulse is great replacement for Dragon Claw. I can save that TM for my Dragonite. And will it make a big difference if my Sceptile has an adamant, brave, lonely, or naughty nature?

Actually i think dragonite can be either or depending on your route for his stats,he has a higher attack base than special attack so dragon pulse might actually be ok to give away if you want to

Blaziken
Sunny Day
Blaze Kick
Solarbeam
Earthquake

Sceptile-Hardy
Leaf Blade
Energy Ball
Night Slash
Dragon Pulse
happy?2 mixed sweepers and a shake to go.that'll be $15.98 at the first window.