• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Blades, Wings and Fire

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Tensai grimaced at Elwisia. He was silent for the rest of the climb, until he made it to the fire section. Once he climbed onto the scorched floor, he bowed to Elwisia. "Thank you for your help, I didn't want to be part of the mountain. What's your name?" he asked her. He pried the snake vine off his arm, looking at it he ran his finger across the toothed hooks. He looked at the wound, "If this is a young snake vine I have around a couple hours, before paralysis sets in", he mumbled the last part. "Well here you can have this as my thanks", he passed her his remaining tanto. Tensai took a couple steps forward, looking around. Nothing seemed too out of place, a few dragons around a lava pool and some fire coming from caves. "There's no return now", he murmured.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“Close one,” Sachiko said, relieved, as she pulled herself over the ledge and stood. She walked over to what she assumed was the cave entrance and looked into it, not that she could see anything. “You think there’s an egg down there? Hope so, time’s a-ticking.” She stayed close behind Felix as he went into the cave, sensing the openness above them being cut off as the darkness her eyes perceived grew even darker. Her right hand held the rope javelin aloft, her left resting protectively in the egg she’d already attained as they moved further into the gloom.

"I hope there is. But you're gonna have to be the guide now because atleast you're used to not seeing. I'm not, but I don't want to light anything up in case that dragon comes back" Felix said. If the dragon came back, there wouldn't be much hope for them anyway. They'd be trapped in there and the dragon would be able to smell them. As he walked, he tripped and fell over a rock. He scraped his arms and his toe hurt like hell.
"Ouch. You see what I mean? Don't you dare laugh at me" he said but laughed himself.

She smiled. Finally, the tiniest bit of respect! For now at least. She crossed her legs at the calf before bending them and giving a curtsey. "Elwisia Gwarn. Daughter of Tobias Gwarn, Merchant of the Seas. Well, he's my birth father." She gave a small smile, hoping to see him once again. However, she doubted she was going to get the chance. Then he tried to hand her his tanto. She frowned but accepted it. She didn't like freebies. Made her feel like she was getting pitied.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
As Kaito finally decided to move the parent dragon stirred and awoke, it stares at him and growled, it was a wyrm. He positioned his body in a low stance to make himself seem smaller and less of a threat. He slowly moved towards the parent, he was fairly certain it was the mother and decided to attempt something. With one hand grasping his warhammer that was strapped to his back in preparation he held his other one out in front of him. "Woah there, easy girl, calm down I won't hurt you or your baby" he said as he moved towards the egg and slowly picked it up letting go of the handke of his hammer, the mother hissed and went to lunge but Kaito held out his hand before mentioning to the mother dragon that, similar to a large adult dragon, his hulking size didn't mean he was incapable of being gentle, the mother cocked it's head at him as if in confusion of how a human could be so non violent. She slowly lowered herself and he caught a glimpse of several other eggs behind her, this one must have rolled away, he motioned to himself and then to the egg, the mother gave a small content noise and then turned and went back to caring for her other eggs, Kaito nodded respectfully and slowly walked out of the cave, once outside her breathed out heavily, he couldn't believe that worked. He then secured the egg safely to his back and then began to make his way back down the mountain.

=Nightshade=

Sachiko didn’t laugh. On the outside. “Got it,” she replied, trying and failing to keep a straight face, not that Felix would be able to see her battling a grin. “Okay. Okay, then. Stay close.” She edges over sideways until she could put a hand on the side of the cave, and began slowly moving forward, sliding her feet across the ground to make vibrations without much noise. As far as she could tell, the cave opened up a bit in about ten feet or so, but she could be wrong. She wasn’t exactly an expert at not being able to see. She was just used to it. “In about ten feet, the cave opens up,” she relayed to Felix. “I can’t sense much beyond that. But more than likely the biggest part is where the eggs would be. Let’s grab one and go.”

"Great! That will make things a lot eas-" Felix said and then tripped over another rock and hit his head on the ground. This time he stayed down for a few seconds.
"I'm an idiot..." he said into the ground and laughed. He got up and continued towards the part where the cave would open up. He could tell it opened up himself because the cave didn't feel as closed in as before. He got on his knees and began to search for an egg by fumbling around. When you couldn't see, that was the best way to go about it. After getting to what he thought was in the middle of the "room", he found an egg. Either that, or a very smooth oval rock. He figured it was more likely to be an egg since the dragon that lived here probably wouldn't cuddle with an oval rock. He picked it up (it was heavy) and began to go back. Or atleast in the direction he thought was the way back.
"I have an egg, I think. Let's leave and go back down before the dragon returns" he said and did actually manage to find the way back. He put his hand out towards the wall to be certain that he would get out. And he was more careful with where he put his feet now. He did not want to trip when holding the egg. Eventually, he could see the light shining from the exit.

=Nightshade=

As Felix tripped again, Sachiko smothered another laugh. What she wanted to say was yep, you sure are, but somehow she didn’t really think that would help their situation. She remained silent until his footsteps grew louder as he came back in the general direction of the tunnel-like part of the cave. “You got one?” she asked, turning back towards the exit. “Cool, now let’s get the heck outta here.”

The girl turned towards where the light was brightest, set a hand lightly on the wall, and followed the sound of Felix’s footsteps to the exit. When she stepped into the light, Sachiko let out a sigh of relief, despite knowing that they weren’t out of the woods yet. No more closed spaces! No more fear of being crushed by a collapse! No more being terrified that there might be another dragon deeper in the cave! She nodded slowly to herself before approaching the edge of the cliff.

Maybe she should’ve thought earlier about how she was gonna get down.

"Ah, beautiful sun... or maybe just pleasant wind in your case. Were you born blind or do you have a cool and edgy backstory about how you lost your sight?" Felix said as he also walked over to the edge of the cliff to look down towards the edge of the mountain. Getting down that way and holding onto the egg would not be an easy task. They would have to find another way. He began to look around the plateau and thought he might have found a way. Though it was filled with, as far as he could tell, wobbly rocks. Some rocks looked sturdy but he knew not to trust his eyes when it came to wobbly rocks. It just so happened that he had teamed up with someone who couldn't use her eyes anyway.
"What do you think about going this way? I thought maybe you could tell which rocks are safe to walk on" he said.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Cover your mouths whenn you enter the cloud, it's actually poison fumes from the volcano", he yelled down to the two. Tensai managed to climb through the fire section with relative ease. He abandoned Elwisia and Mitsuru, at this point he didn't need them. The Kaisha's roots were starting to come into view, Tensai covered him mouth with his sleeve and began hiking into the mist. It stung his eyes, and burnt his throat. He could see lava pools in the violet cloud, "they might have eggs, but it's not worth the risk Tensai", he muttered to himself. The poison gas felt like a snake around his throat, slowly but surely pulling him into drowsiness. Eventually he managed to pull himself out of the poison gas, weak and bloodied but alive. He rested on the roots.

As Mitsuru watched as Tensai moved on ahead, he put his hand to his forehead and sighed in annoyance before he looked at Elwisia. "How he's gonna become a Kawon is beyond me." He said before he began to proceed, but took Tensai's advice to cover his mouth and nose to avoid the toxic fumes. "Why couldn't this mountain have fumes like potpourri...?" He jokingly asked as he began to climb the next part of the mountain, ready to help Elwisia if she needed as well as stay behind a little bit to help her catch up so that they were ready to have each other's back.

She sighed. "I was going to give his blade back after I got my dragon. Which will be on this level." Elwisia sighed. "Anyways, I'll be right back, unless you want to come. I have to get myself a dragon egg." She walked off, covering her mouth when there were toxic fumes. Eventually, she saw a red nesting mother with an egg on an island surrounded by lava. Her heartbeat quickened with fear as she drew closer. She couldn't do this! She couldn't even get close to the dragon. She stood there, paralyzed with fear. Hopefully, it didn't smell her. After a few moments, that felt like a lifetime to the girl, the dragon flew off, probably to go hunting. She stalked forward. She couldn't see another dragon, and she was pretty sure that her sent couldn't be recognized as a human, due to the droppings. She sweated profoundly from the heat of the lava and the fact she was covered in poop. She looked ahead and saw that there were some rocks, some looking unstable.

Elwisia had to be careful. She jumped to the stones with relative ease, though she felt like she was being boiled alive. She successfully jumped across and then picked up her prize. The egg was a deep red hue and had smooth bumps. She was afraid that she would drop it if she wasn't careful. She placed it in her bag and jumped back to the mainland. She felt crumbling underfoot, so she threw herself onto the land. She felt the pain of a scraped knee and arm, but ignored it and looked back to see the first stone bubble under the lava. After the immediate shock, she unlatched her bag and tossed the top out of the way (is attached). The egg was fine. She gave a sigh of relief and went back to Misturu.

As much as Mitsuru wanted to help Elwisia, he wanted to get his own egg so then his journey up the mountain wasn't for nothing, he still climbed at a slow pace until he saw Elwisia with what looked like a fire dragon's egg, a fine choice in his opinion, although his reason for choosing the wind dragon of all dragons was for a deeper reason. When he made his way up to the top only to find the roots of the gigantic tree, he noticed how Tensai stopped to catch his breath and sighed. "No point stopping now, if you're after a wind dragon or something, you're too close to stay where you are." Mitsuru said as he immediately went over to climb the tree, with two of his knives to help him stay where he was easier.

=Nightshade=

“Ah, yes,” Sachiko said dryly. “Let the blind girl lead the way. That makes a lot of sense.” She grinned to show she was joking. “Kidding. I get where you’re coming from.” She sighed, psyching herself up. “Okay. Okay, then. Let’s do this thing.”

Sachiko began tentatively moving forward, one hand protectively on the egg, the other resting lightly on the rock wall about ten feet from the sheer drop. With any luck, the path Felix had seen went all the way to the bottom, and she could navigate without getting anyone killed.

The girl stepped onto the first rock, deeming it sturdy, before continuing. The long way down was fairly uneventful, now that they were no longer attempting to steal the unborn babies of dragons. There were a few areas where she stumbled, tripped, and almost went down, but each time she barely caught herself. Fear of imminent death will do that to you. As she felt the ground begin to level out, she grinned. “I think we’re almost there!” she called out to Felix. “I think we’ll make it in time!”

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Tensei blankly stared at Mitsuru. "yea, yea I'll get to it", he mumbled. He pulled out one of his arrows and used his remaining tanto to climb the tree. The vines were coming into view and the branches started to come closer. "Crap, time's almost up", he groaned, looking at the sun. After fifteen minutes of climbing, Tensai rolled into one of the branches. At the end of the branch was a nest, with no mother! Looking into the nest, there were three eggs. A black rocky one, a white smooth one and a golden one with metallic plates. "Perfect!", he shouted. He lifted up the gold egg, wrapping it on his back. He hummed along to the buzzing, wait buzzing? Tensai snapped his head around, facing what could only be describes as a hornet the size of a horse. Tensai slowly raised his bow, and took aim. He released his arrow, taking out one of its four wings.

This only made the hornet angry, it charged into the branch. The branch exploded into splinters throwing Tensai, and all three of the eggs, into the vines. The white egg exploded, its green insides onto Tensai. The gold egg was saved by the vines, but the black egg was not so lucky. It fell into one of the lower branches, snapping them. Tensai saw the black egg fall, and jumped after it. He plastered his hands onto his sides. The egg was coming closer, but so was the clouds. On the way down he could see Elwisia, through his squinted eyes. Eventually he managed to wrap his hands around the egg. He fell through the clouds, falling through the sections. He landed into a large pool of water.

As Sachiko took the lead, Felix followed close behind her making sure to step on the same rocks that she stepped on. It took a while, and he was pretty exhausted by then, but eventually Sachiko said something about soon being there. Felix looked down and saw that they in fact weren't too far away from the bottom of the mountain. He could even see the group of people down there and all of the dragons. But something was off, there were more dragons than there was before. And he could see that some of the dragons had begun to ascend.
"Hide. There are dragons coming our way. I don't know why but we'll probably get an explanation when we get down" he said and looked for something to hide behind. They weren't required to walk on the wobbly rocks all the way back down so it was easier now to find something that they could hide behind. But it seemed like they had put all the good hiding spots behind them, and there was nothing left to use as shelter. So he drew one of his daggers and hoped that the dragons would be merciful. Felix wouldn't attack them unless they attacked first. There was no way he would be able to kill a full grown dragon. But these two dragons seemed to be ignoring him and Sachiko. As if they weren't worth their time. Felix didn't complain and just re-sheathed his dagger. He began walking again.

At the base of the mountain there were already two kids there, but that didn't matter to Felix. He just wanted some food and some rest. He hadn't eaten for a while, after all. And it was an incredible climb so he didn't really feel like walking more.
"I guess this is it blindie. We got our eggs and we got back safely. Without angering too many giant flying lizards" he said and sat down on the ground.

Mitsuru looked up at the giant tree and huffed. "Moment of truth..." He muttered to himself before he began to climb up the bark, he was careful that he didn't go on to any branches that so much as seemed like they had any hostile creatures until he went on to a high branch and began to look at the view from it, it's peaceful look along with how high he was brought a smile to his face. Mitsuru made sure he didn't spend too long enjoying the scenic view and began to try and find himself an egg, as he looked around, he noticed a strange little cloud on one of the branches, Mitsuru was curious and decided to see what it was. Upon closer inspection, it looked to be an Air dragon egg, the egg was light blue with white spiral patterns, somehow the shell emitted steam that could easily mistake it for a stray cloud, Mitsuru looked around to make sure no one else--least of all the egg's mother--was around and began to pick up the egg which was heavier than it seemed.

Slowly but surely, Mitsuru used one hand to hold the egg and his other hand to use one of his knives to try and climbs down the tree and wondered how he was going to get down, he knew there were some sections he could jump down as easily as he climbed up, but he made sure it wasn't too far a drop in case the egg broke upon impact.

Elwisia followed Mitsuru up. Sure, she had her egg and she could leave, but she agreed to team up with him. If there was one thing she valued that she could continue to show, was loyalty. She didn't climb the tree though, as she didn't have much of a reason to. She waited patiently, looking up at the tree with a worried expression. Then she saw her teammate. She gave a smile and glanced down at her bag. "Once you're down here, we could place your egg in my bag as well. So then you can use both hands to climb."

Mitsuru smiled when he saw that Elwisia waited for him. "You sure you can carry two eggs? This one's quite heavy on it's own, hopefully once we get down a bit, I can call my horse..." He said before he panted from just the climb down the tree. "Are you sure there's room in your bag for two eggs?" He asked as he looked around and hoped the mother wouldn't arrive any time soon... and also wondered where Tensai had ended up.

Elwisia shrugged. "There should be. As I see things, the more bag space there is, the better, and I made this bag. And believe it or not, I'm pretty strong. Ever sailed a vessel in rough waters before? My biological dad isn't called the Merchant of the Seas for nothing." She sighed. "We really need to hurry up. I believe that the test is ending soon." A look of worry crossed her face for a second. What if they didn't make it. Then an idea popped into her mind. "Do you have a rope? Or anything else long that we can slide down." It wouldn't take them the whole way, but it was worth a shot.

Mitsuru simply shrugged at Elwisia's little story alongside her confirmation on her strength. "I believe I have some rope, hang on." He said while he handed her his dragon egg before he reached in to his coat to find some and went to find something to tie it to. He found a smaller tree and went to tie the rope around it and pull on it to test if it was able to climb down without untying. "Okay, I think we're good from here, once we get to the earth section, I'll see if I can call my horse and we can ride it down, yeah?" He asked as he looked at Elwisia.

Elwisia accepted the egg and reopened her bag before carefully setting the egg inside of the bag and closing it up so then both of the eggs wouldn't slide out. She nodded when Mitsuru was done talking. "Sounds like a good plan. Just one question, can your horse carry two people with two dragon eggs?" She walked towards the rope then grabbed it before using it to slide down slowly. Her hands were still on the rope, however they were loose, not clinching on the rope. Her legs did most of the work. She then gave a sigh.

Mitsuru shrugged. "That's if he shows up, I rented a horse before we started and thought it would've been a bit easier if I picked a horse that was used to carrying heavy people or things rather than one that's seen it's fair share of bloodshed. So hopefully--if he does show--he can carry us to the bottom of the mountain, no problem." He said with a tone of slight doubt, he knew that if he got a war horse instead, it was more likely they would show up, but the ones that were braver and could carry heavy goods were too expensive for him. In other words, it was a gamble that his horse would show or not. Mitsuru climbed down with Elwisia until they made it to the bottom, close to the earth section. "One other thing is that if I try to call them, I'm gonna attract a lot of unwanted attention." He added as he waited until Elwisia was down with him and went to hide behind a rock to make sure there were no earth dragons nearby. "The coast looks clear, but what if we see any of those sand worms...?"

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Blindie? Well, at least it’s accurate and not completely demeaning. She rolled her eyes and picked her way to the bottom with Felix. When she arrived at the bottom, she sat down on a rock and turned her attentions to the egg secured at her waist. Running a hand over it again, she began muttering to herself. “It’s rough. Rough-textured, rocklike, dragon egg. Rough dragon egg. Aspera... aspera ovo draconis... asper...” She continued muttering as she awaited the other contestants’ return.

Elwisia nodded then followed Mitsuru. "For the horse, if it doesn't come then the last stretch will be more difficult and time-consuming, but not as bad as it would be without the rope. For the sand worms, I say we risk it. Walk softly though and only break out into a run if one is chasing you. I think they feel for earth vibrations and hate sunlight." She started walking carefully across the feild. She also held her bag so then her steps became lighter.

"Then lets get closer to where we started at the earth section, then I'll call my horse." Mitsuru said while he took her advice and stepped carefully across the ground as to not make any strong vibrations for any potential sand worms to feel. "Time flew by a lot faster than I thought." Mitsuru said in the hopes of starting a conversation as they progressed across the dry lands, the entry where they started at in the section was within their sight. "Once I call for my horse, can you check to see if no other creatures got alerted as well?"

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
FInally, Sam was near the top! The boy wiped the sweat off his brow and looked around. He was certainly high up, with the thin air and bright light shining on him. Still, despite the angle he was standing on, when he looked up, he saw that there was still much more needed to climb before making it to the top. As much as he hated to do so, he needed to quit. There was no way he would make it the top and back in time, much less with a dragon egg in tow.

Welp, may as well take a look around. Sam decided as he entered the first cave he saw. It didn't take long to find a sleeping air dragon, it's eggs grouped up nearby. Sam excitedly closed in on them, taking a moment to consider which he would pick. He failed to notice the dragon's mate, who was currently glaring daggers at the human. It was his growl than made Sam notice his presence.
Oh...crap
Sam's shoulders sagged at the dragon took a large breath, before sending a powerful gust of wind, launching Sam out the cave and into the air.
Welp, this is how I die.
Some god had mercy on him, however, as instead of crashing into stone and shattering his body, he landed on something slightly softer and only had the wind knocked out of him.
Sam shook his head, looking behind himself to see what he landed on...and saw nothing.
Weird
Below him, however, was something visible. Dragon eggs. They were a soft yellow, and were surprisingly smooth for dragon eggs. Sam wondered briefly were their parents were, but decided that he didn't want to repeat the air dragon incident. A sound made him pause, however. Snoring? Odd. It was likely something else, so Sam needed to hurry. He leaped off the eggs...only to trip over something and faceplant into the floor.
The snoring stopped, and he heard movement. The space around the eggs was suddenly taken by a quetzalcoatl, curled around her eggs and refracting the light around her as a way to remain hidden while sleeping.
Sam realized that these dragons were a lot more calmer than the ones below. It made sense, since not as many human make it up here as the ones near the bottom. Quite a nice bit of trivia, but the long, dangerous dragon was the bigger issue. Said dragon was standing tall and staring at Sam, perplexed, and a little tense. Suddenly, one of its eggs, the biggest one, rolled over down the mountain. The quetzalcoatl quickly moved its tail, hoping to catch it, but Sam was quicker, leaping towards the egg and taking the it with him.
"Sorry!" he apologized "I had to!"

The dragon screeched, now hostile and followed. Sam was foolishly hoping his momentum would allow his escape, but the quetzalcoatl was faster, and taking him by the shirt, took to the air. She moved erratically, shaking Sam back and forth, trying to make him let go of her egg. Sam almost considered it, but letting go would likely make her let go of him, and he wouldn't survive his height.
The he realized he didn't have the egg anymore.
Somewhere between the shaking, he HAD actually let go of the egg, sending it down to the floor. Both him and the quetzalcoatl were still, both not expecting for Sam to let go so easily, before taking action.

Sam quickly took out his weapon, and cut the back of his shirt, setting him free, and falling. He purposely streamlined himself to catch up with the egg, and held on for dear life. As he fell, he passed through smoke, and realized he was falling above the base of the mountain, where all the volcanoes were.. He heard a screech from above, and prepared himself.
Sure enough, the quetzalcoatl dived after Sam and her egg, brushing through the smoke and swerving before hitting the floor. As Sam fell, he curled up, and once he landed on her back, rolled along her and landed on the floor, hurt but not dead.
He heard the quetzalcoatl roar, and flap her wings harder. Suddenly, the already hard-to-breathe air was much more life-threatening. The dragon was blowing the toxic air from the volcanoes down! Sam held his breath, and pushed on. There was an advantage to this, however. The ash cloak was covering him, making him impossible to see or smell for the quetzalcoatl.

Sam held his breath as long as he could, but still couldn't make the whole trip holding it, and was soon sent into a coughing fit. He couldn't even see, so it was amazing how by sheer luck he made it through the smoke cloud, and into the snow belonging to the bottom of the mountain.
Sam looked behind him, hoping the quetzalcoatl failed to see him. It looked like she did, as she stopped flapping and was instead in the smoke cloud, searching. He could see her flying up to take a breath every now and then.
Sam felt a little guilty, since she was obviously very caring for her eggs. Maybe he'll have his dragon to visit his mom someday.
Sam looked over himself. His shirt was ruined, and was basically entirely black, save for the red blood a few of his scars gave him. Sam coughed again, and trudged on, beyond exhausted.

Last edited:
Elwisia nodded. "Of course! And yeah, it did." She then sighed and looked away. Her mind drifted back towards Tensai and how rude he was towards her because of her heritage. Just because she came from Faragal, didn't mean she was aggresive towards dragons. She just didn't like them. And she felt like she had every reason to, especially with what happened one time a dragon attacked her town. "Is it bad that I slightly hope that that one guy fails? You know, the person who abandoned us?" She walked to the end of the softer ground, waiting for Mitsuru.

"While it would be nice to see them get humiliated as punishment, I believe the thought of them dying might be... excessive..." Mitsuru said as he joined Elwisia on the softer ground and made sure no other creatures were around. When he was certain and heard nothing except the wind, he gave Elwisia a nod before he put his finger and thumb to the corners of his lips and let let out a loud whistle. After the whistle, there didn't seem to be any other sound apart from the distant whinny of a horse who's hoofs seemed to gallop louder and louder. "Yes!" Mitsuru cheered, but not too loudly in case he drew more attention than the whistle may have, the horse struggled a little bit to get up to where Mitsuru was, but waited at a slightly lower section. "Our chariot awaits us." Mitsuru said jokingly as he climbed down to his horse and gave it a pat on the head. "Thank you for coming back." He said softly while the horse lightly nuzzled Mitsuru in response.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Tensai clutched his egg underwater. He whipped his head around the water, swimming upwards. Tensai thrashed in the water, breaking the surface. His left eye was blurry and red, his ears were ringing and his limbs felt numb. He was cold, annoyed, scared and above all else relieved. He got unlucky with his free-fall into the lake, he winced at the thought of what he could've damaged. Tensai waded through the water, most of the time thinking about what could be in the deep. Near the shore he felt something swim past him, something big. Tensei did everything to brush it, "it's just your limbs, falling from that height into water isn't good for you.", he told himself. But when he closer, the water threw him towards the shore. In the chaos he could catch a glimpse of a behemoth of a sea serpent. It's eyes were golden mirrors, showing Tensai's bloodied face and his scarred arm. It had plates of steel running along its body with sabre like spine following it. It's jawws snapped shut inches away from Tensai.

On land, he scrambled back to the base. Here he could see a few of the others. Most of them looked battered and bruised, one of them even shaking on their eggs. Tensai's father came down from the sky on his eastern dragon, plated with fire. "There are only five minutes left till the exam is over!!", he called to the mountain. It wasn't likely anyone would hear him, but his dragon made sure anyone up there would get the message, with a large burst of fire. Masamoto glanced in the direction of Tensai, before quickly looking away back to the mountain.

"Not him dying. Definitely not that. I mean him being late or not being able to get an egg. Ya know." When Mitsuru whistled for his horse, she kept a close eye out for any danger. Nothing. That she could see anyway. She shook that thought from her mind and smiled that the reunification. "Well, let's go then." She got on the horse then heard the announcement. Her heart beat rapidly as fear of failure filled her mind. She didn't want to fail. That would confirm her status as a 'savage that had to be tamed' indefinitely. She hated that life.

Mitsuru go on to the horse and held the reigns. "Hold tight, Elwisia. Hyah!" He said before the horse whinnied and ran down the mountain as if hell was behind it, any obstacles in it's way, it jumped over them, already gone past the water section and in to the frost section, the coldest part, but maybe Elwisia's fire dragon egg helped with warmth a little bit. "Almost there!" Mitsuru said as it was far, but he could see where they started, the ice and snow made it difficult, but they eventually made it down, but the horse didn't stop until Mitsuru pulled on the reigns. "Woah boy, we made it, we made it..." He said as he went to pat him on the back of his neck while he looked at Elwisia. "We made it." He told her with a friendly and warm smile.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Masamoto was about to end the exams, when Mitsuru's horse came charging down. "Congratulations, it is my honour to tell you that you have all passed the entrance exam. You all showed bushido in different ways, either through courage or by rectitude. I hope you like the eggs you chose, they will be your dragons. I hope to see you in two moons at the Derigon no gakko, by then your eggs should hatch". Tensei sat there disappointed, he didn't want this egg. He wanted the other one, that should've been his. If he knew this was going to be his egg, he would've left it to fall and smash. The new class were going home, Tensei was one of the few that stayed behind. Masamoto walked up to Elwisia and Sachiko, "I'm even more pleased to see we have a few people from Faragal to join our school. What are your names?", he asked.

Elwisia unlatched her bag and handed Mitsuru his egg back. "Here you go. Thanks for the team up." She gave him a smile back before dismounting and listening to Masamoto. She was unsure of him, as he was the leader of the school. She very well knew the popular opinion of Faragalians in Darigon. Terrible savages. And she was typically made fun of due to her very obvious background of being from there. Once it was over, he approached her. Great, she thought. While his introduction to her seemed, friendly, she was still very unsure of him. However, she had zero reason to lie or ignore him. "I'm Elwisia Gwarn, daughter of Tobias Gwarn, Merchant of the Sea. He who controls the wares controls the economy, he always said."

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
POST TIMESKIP

It was around 4AM, when Tensai woke up. He groggily slumpt out of his futon, scratching his eyes before starting his day. First day of school, can't wait to move away from my family and friends, he thought sarcastically, as he washed off in the ofuro. He slipped on a blue Hakama, before going to the kitchen and grabbing some red bean dumplings and a bottle of storm berry juice. In his room slept Denko on Tensai's table side. She had hatched from his egg a few days ago, electrocuting the maid in the process, but since then all Denko did was mope around the house. Tensai carefully lifted her from the table side, since every time she woke up someone would be electrocuted. He placed her in a bamboo basket, before carefully tying it to his back. He went to his family's stable, and untied his mule. Ever since his horse died, Tensai had to ride this thing, it wasn't even as fast as his old horse. His packs containing his clothes, a tanto and scrolls, were attached to the mule.

He rode off to the gate, where he waved goodbye to his mother and rode towards the school. He lived around two towns away, leaving him with 2 and a half hours alone with his thoughts. Wonder if that gaijin will seriously go to school, I'd be surprised if she hasn't eaten her egg, he laughed at the thought. After what felt like days of riding, he finally arrived to the school's large wooden gates. They gave off a warm feeling of home, well it was going to be his home for the next 3 years. Denko was already awake, she stared in amazement at the large golden dragons that spiralled down the pillars. Inside he was told to go to his dorm in the east wing. His dorm was one of the rooms in the ring of dorms.

Inside his futon laid in the far left corner of the room. A table side was next to the windows and the walls had pictures of butterflies. In the centre off the rom ws a bamboo scroll, with a map of the school inside followed by a note. "First lesson starts at 8AM, if your late protect your shins?", he read aloud. The first lesson was located in the hall of sharks.

=Nightshade=

Sachiko glanced over at the Great Dane-sized drake beside her bed. Asper, as she’d named him, was only a few days old, but he was already fairly large, the top of his head a little higher than her hip. As she walked the short distance from her house to the school, the dragonling walked beside her, growling at everyone she passed. She managed to get ahold of an upperclassman without a superiority complex who told her which way to go to get to the first-year dorms. After thanking him, she headed off in that direction, Asper close at her heels.

Inside, Sachiko got a kind of sketch of the room through the vibrations sent through the floor. It wasn’t perfect, but it worked. There was a scroll on a table that Asper retrieved, causing the girl to roll her eyes. “Gee, let’s see what this says,” she muttered dryly. “‘People are complete and total morons who can’t be bothered to remember that I’m freaking blind.’ Oh, well. Maybe I could get ahold of one of the others to read it for me.” She exited the dorm with Asper, waiting for the telltale footsteps that signaled someone was coming.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Sam walked along the streets, with Sheen following. The quetzalcoatl was an odd one, to say the least. He had two hind legs, very unusual for his kind, and, while still quite long, was noticeably shorter than he was supposed to be. The only thing really hinting at his race are the pinfeathers growing on him and his feathered crest. Still, the dragon was surprisingly optimistic, not really caring about his oddities. He kept leaping next to Sam, trying to fly despite his still-growing feathers.
Eventually the two made it to the school. Sam stared in wonderment at the large gates, while Sheen just wanted to get a move on.
Once inside, they were told about their dorms, and left on their own. They moved to their dorm in the upper-right area, and entered.
Sam took the scroll and read it, smothering a laugh from the threat.
"Geez, this school is formal."
Nevertheless, they weren't going to be late. Sam grinned at Sheen.
"Wow, we're finally here. You excited mate?"
The quetzalcoatl, hanging from the ceiling, gave a happy screech.
Sam gave a returning grin before turning to study his map.

The sun slowly broke the horizon as the farmer's cart rumbled into view of town. Renz gazed at it, watching the colors enter the world and thinking about what this day would bring. He had set out a day and a half before with the farmer, after arrangements had been made for the old man to convey him into town along with a load of vegetables. It hadn't been an unpleasant trip, although his newly hatched dragon, Clypus, had slept almost the entire time, and every time they bumped over a rock it sent a jolting pain into his arm, which still had a ways to go before being fully mended. He had hurt it pretty badly in his wild trip down the mountain with the egg. As he had told his parents when they saw his injuries and explained how he got them, the only thing that had saved him from being caught at the last moment was the presence of the adults and their dragons. He had learned later, when he regained consciousness, that they had chased off the wild pair he had stolen the egg from and brought him back to the wagons. He had been in pretty rough shape, and two weeks wasn’t enough to put him back in peak condition. Parts of him were still definitely sore, and even though broken bones were on the mend they still needed time.
Now the sun was fully up and they had entered the city. He asked the old farmer to stop and grabbed his things. He used his good arm to re-sheath his sword and carry the Grace bag which held both his belongings and the sleeping dragon. He had to hoist it over his shoulder to carry it, and before the cart pulled away he grabbed his shield. After a comparatively short walk that seemed much longer because of the heavy bag, he reached the school. After letting down the bag and taking a moment to let his arm and shoulder rest, he entered the building. With a few polite inquiries he was able to find his dorm. He set the bag down one more time and prepared to open the door.

Felix yelped as he woke up, just to find Frost biting his foot. She liked biting him there for some reason and he couldn't figure out why. But this time her biting was more enthusiastic than all other times. Usually she was pretty calm. He didn't know if she knew what day it was but he liked to think she understood. She might be a dragon, and might just be 4 days old, but he just shrugged those facts off when talking to her.
"Ouch! Frost! I told you to stop biting my foot!" he said as he got up from his sleeping bag. He got dressed and began walking to the school. He had already said bye to his adoptive parent the previous night and had everything he needed with him.

At the school, Felix found his dorm and entered. It was a pretty simple room with a bed, a desk (and chair of course) and a wardrobe. He saw that there was a note on the desk but decided to throw in all of his clothes and gear into the wardrobe first. Then he read the note and smiled. He didn't have time to read the last part because Frost thought the note was food and began to tear into it.
"Oh, come on! That could've been important information! Frost! What is up with you today? You're not like yourself" he said. As he let out a sigh, he began to think of the other students here. Who they were and things like that. He had only been able to catch glimpses of them except for when it came to Blindie.
"Oh yeah. Blindie. She got in. Wonder what she's up to" he said out loud to no one in particular. Frost sneezed out some snow by the door and Felix took that as her wanting them to go out and take a better look at the school. So that's what he would do. And maybe say hi to any other students who were there already. Frost jumped up on his shoulder and he walked out of the dorm.

As the sun rose to another wonderful day, Mitsuru slept soundly like an infant, although the strange feeling of something wet lightly brush his face brought him discomfort and slowly caused him to wake up. When Mitsuru opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was a young silver dragon who stood on his chest, the dragon whom Mitsuru managed to obtain as an egg beared a rather adorable appearance. "Good morning, Fujin. Did you sleep well?" Mitsuru asked as he tried to slowly get up and get dressed, the little winged reptile only let out a cheerful chirp in response before he attempted to fly up to Mitsuru's shoulder after he got dressed, although as he was only a few days old, he still needed a bit of improvement and only managed to get up to his shoulder a lot like how a cat would.

Mitsuru slid open the door of his rather nice traditional Japanese house where the first sound he heard was the light tap and water trickle of a sozu fountain. As he adjusted his jacket, he began to walk to the dining room where he only guessed his family would be, Fujin gently rested on Mitsuru's shoulders as he walked through only to see his parents and his four older sisters: The kind, gentle and caring eldest sister, Yuki. The second eldest and arguably most tomboyish and brash, Renka. The second youngest and most shy of the family, Sara and the youngest and most confident and playful of the four, Himari, all of whom greeted their little brother with a smile. "Morning, Mitsu." They said. Mutsuru blushed as he went to sit down with his family for breakfast, still not used to how they still called him by the same nickname back when they were younger.

"Morning, sisters, and good morning mother and father." He said while the lightly gestured to help himself to some food. "Did you sleep well, dear?" His mother asked with a smile similar to Yuki's. "I did." Mitsuru replied while Himari attempted to reach out and pet Fujin who stubbornly remained around Mitsuru's shoulders, but that didn't stop her. "I'm still surprised you decided to go along with this trial, but to actually succeed? Well... the only proof I have to know you're a proud member of our family is Fujin." Mitsuru's father said. Mitsuru took a bit out of some of his food. "Was there any doubt, father?" He asked. "I wouldn't say that, but that doesn't mean we weren't worried." His father replied.

"You should've seen mom pacing." Renka said with a cheeky grin. "And I didn't stop praying." Sara said softly. "I'm sorry I had to make you all worry like that, but I chose to do this so our family could be remembered and so that I can make you even prouder!" Mitsuru said with a sign of growing confidence, something that brought a smile to his family's faces. "We will all be cheering for you, Mitsuru. We know you'll not only work hard for the Boreas family, but The Burutenpesuto clan itself!" His father said proudly. "We've helped you prepare everything for you and little Fujin for when you go." His mother said.

When breakfast was done, Mitsuru immediately went to collect his bag and look at his family who all smiled at him, his four sisters all approached him. "I hope you'll come back and see us again soon, little Mitsu." Yuki said as she went to give Mitsuru a loving embrace. "No fair!" Himari said with a pout. "I wanna give him a hug too!" She said as she immediately went to join Yuki and Mitsuru with the hug. "I may never get this chance in a long while!" Sara said as she too joined in, Renka on the other hand gave a scoff and looked at her parents who both nodded, Renka rolled her eyes and she too reluctantly joined in the sibling group hug. After a solid minute's embrace, Mitsuru walked up to his parents who immediately hugged him before he could say anything. "Make us proud, son." His father said with a warm smile, a smile he hadn't shown Mitsuru in years.

Mitsuru waved his family goodbye once more before he began to walk down the hill that his home resided on top of and over towards the school. As he walked through the streets, Fujin curiously darted his head around to see the different stalls, one of which sold Mitsuru's favorite treat: Takoyaki. As much as Mitsuru wanted to treat himself to some, he was more focused on not being late on his first day of school, the walk was long, but after braving a mountain of dangerous climates and beasts, this long street walk was nothing. After what almost felt like an hour, Mitsuru arrived at the entrance to the school, both he and Fujin looked up at it in awe.