• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Black or White?

Which will you get?

• Pokemon White

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • None

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Black and Third Version

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • White and Third Version

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Black and White

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • All

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Third Version

• Pokemon Black

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Pokemon White

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • None

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Black and Third Version

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • White and Third Version

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Black and White

• All

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Third Version

• Pokemon Black

Votes: 13 13.1%

• Total voters
I usually end up preferring the second version's exclusive Pokemon, and so far I like Zekrom more than Reshiram, so as of now it looks like I'm getting White.

I may change my mind if there's an amazing version exclusive for White, but for now I'm getting Black. I'll probably wind up getting both, anyway.

I'm getting Black, I always get the first out of two pokemon games (Ruby out of Ruby and Sapphire, Diamond out of Diamond and Pearl, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time out of Time and Darkness, Heart Gold out of Heart Gold and Soul Silver and now Black out of Black and White).

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
nikohesus said:
Actually, I'll get Black as well as the third version.
(Crimson? Scarlet? Chrome? Spectrum?)

Pokemon Racist.

Pokemon Let's Go With Homophobia Now!

Pokemon Hey Making Fun Of Transexuals Is Funny Too, Right?

I put Black and Third version, because I prefer Reshiram. However, I always end up getting the third version, usually due to the other version exclusives.

Yoshimitsu27 said:
Pokemon Racist.

With Reshiram/Zekrom I think that people who buy Pokemon Black or White and are accused of being racist have an argument. For Pokemon Black owners it's: Reshiram is white, so I'm not being racist, or, for Pokemon White owners it's: Zekrom is black, so I'm not being racist. These would work, unless of course the buyer is purposely being racist, but then the fact that the mascot is the opposite colour to the game's name it is hard to be racist and the people who he's trying to offend get an argument. Also, this could work the other way round with the mascot being the racism, but then the game's name is opposite so they say: 'It's called Pokemon Black/White, so I'm not being racist.'

Am I over-explaining this too much?

By the way, I'm getting Black and Third Version too, because that will have extras in (and you can obtain Reshiram AND Zekrom).

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yes you are over-explaining this because I was being silly. I am a silly person.

I wouldn't have suggested "Pokemon Let's Go With Homophobia Now!" if I was being serious. I am still a silly person.

Yoshimitsu27 said:
Yes you are over-explaining this because I was being silly. I am a silly person.

I wouldn't have suggested "Pokemon Let's Go With Homophobia Now!" if I was being serious. I am still a silly person.

I knew you were being silly, I just wanted to post my theory somewhere, and you're silliness gave me the perfect opportunity to post it.

Said I was getting Black from the start, and after seeing the legendaries, I'm sticking to that. I'm so excited about these bigger version differences so for the first time, I may consider getting both Black and White for that reason (I got both FireRed and LeafGreen, but only Pokedex purposes). I usually get the third version anyway because the storyline is usually better and the new things that are introduced make it worthwhile--I was highly satisfied with Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum after all XD. For the purposes of this poll, I voted Black and the Third Version.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I personally think I'll be getting Black after seeing the legendaries, though it really depends on what other version exclusives there are. Also, like Carmi here said, I think I'll get the third version as well because the storyline is usually elaborated a bit more on/makes more sense. It'll be a while before I actually say which one I'll be getting for sure (which is why I'm refraining from voting), if I'll be getting the games, but for now, I'll say black and third version.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I know I'll be getting both, and if they do a 3rd version again like usual I'll definitely be getting it, too. I'll probably play through White first because Zekrom applies to me more than Reshiram, but I'll then be keeping it as a storage game and playing Black numerous times until the 3rd version is released. I've done this every Gen since Gen 1 and it works very well for my purposes. ^^

I'm getting Black, as I like the color that contains all pigments. In addition, the Black legendary is so cool! It looks like a jet plane.

I want White Version really badly, because I've always really loved the thought of light and the color white, but because Zekrom and Reshiram accidentally found their way into the wrong games, I think I'll end up getting Black Version just for Reshiram.

Though I'll probably just end up trading up for Reshiram in the long run.

Ill get the Third Version due to exclusive things and Events like all the wifi Darkrai ect. If there is not a third one I willget Black cause lets face it Reshirem kits Zekrom's Butt!!!!

I'll end up getting all of them (Black, White and... Grey?), of course, but I'll probably start with Black. LIKE MY SOOOOOOUUUUUUUL

I will most likely end up getting Black and the third version. Black because I wanted from the begining and I really like Reshiram.

All three of them! So I could play two files, get all the Pokemon, and then trade what I need to the third version, and play the enhanced store ;D

Kibetou said:
At first I wanted black version, but after seeing Zekrom, I definitely want White version.
That's exactly what happened to me! I was leaning toward Black, but Zekrom won me over. I don't think I'll get the third one. I'm a one game per Gen kinda gal.

I said I'd get all three, and I'm sticking to that.

There are several reasons why I am doing this. First, I like to run multiple save files on Pokemon so I can have one completed to store Pokemon, trade, etc; the other(s) can be restarted and I can play from scratch whenever.

Second, I'm a completionist/collector/fanactic guy. I like owning all of the games in series of games. I think it's cool and it's fun. I am missing LeafGreen in Pokemon, and I am one/two games short of this with Metroid until Other M comes out, Super Metroid (on the actual SNES, I have it on Wii Virtual Console) and if you count Metroid Trilogy. Metroid Prime Trilogy wasn't as big of a jump as the other remake, Zero Mission. It just updated the graphics a tad and made the two Primes used with Wii controls.....

Back to what I was saying. >>; I will get all three because it's fun to run multiple saves and I like owning all of the games.

I apologize for my sidetrack-ness. XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm going to get White and see if I can make a friend play Black so that I can get the version exclusives >:D

If not I'll just get both, since that at least means I can have one 'serious' game and use the other for random resets to play through again. And of course when they release the third game, I'll be getting that too.

I'll probably end up with both of them just to get the version exclusives. I hate having to go to my friends for exclusive Pokemon. I'll also get the third version (If one is made.) just in case I can't find certain Pokemon.

I'm going to buy White, purely so I can get Zekrom. I also want the third version, because like Emerald and Platinum, the third version of every generation seems a tad better then the first two versions.

I'll probably end up getting all three, because I do like having that extra save file, and the third game is usually better than the first. For my first game, however, I'll be getting White to play through. Then I'll probably get Black later on, along with the third game.

To tell you the truth, I don't really care, but still I would get the 3rd version so I don't have to decide between black or white and that I could get both the legendaries. (Well, that's what I think. I'm not quite sure because in platinum you could get Dialga, Palkia, and Giritina so I figure you could get both the current Gen V legendaries and, if there is, the third one) :) :)

I'm getting all. (If you count my brother. He's getting white I'm getting black and the second version) anyway, I love Reshiram! Also, It's funny because my brother is older than me and I always get the third version and an origanal.

I'm gonna get White cuz I like Zeekrom better and I usually end up getting the second version (or the version that my brother doesn't want, if he were still playing, I'd end up with Black cuz of Reshiram). I also plan on getting the third version, because the story works out better then.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm getting White because I love Zekrom and it has always been my tradition to get the second game (Blue, Silver, etc.). I also always get the third version when it comes out, so yeah.

I´m still stuck on this one. I´ll probably get the opposite to my friends versions. Really, when I got leafgreen, everyone got firered. When people bought ruby, I ended up with saphire. Likewise for D/P.