• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bio-Cross

Allright, let's discuss about the crosses life. I want everyone on the same page.

Should they go to school? They are like, the last defense of humanity so I think goverments would like to encourage the young crosses parents to train their kid heavily on combat. Resulting in lots of crosses not getting the normal formal education like everyone else, of course the parent can still let their cross kid grow up normally.

Should they know each other? I think yes, if crosses had already been around for some time then its logical for these youth to form an organization and even have a base.

Opinion, anyone?

That could be interesting, like a school for cross holders, but let's say that the government has kept each separated from each other to hone our skills specifically, and soon it'll get a change in order to allow cross holders to make alliances and socialize with other crosses, yeah that could work

Yeah. But my idea was that Kyle never figured out that Repeat (the Kitten) was a familiar. He just never put the pieces together, and got used to the idea of a random, never aging kitten somehow always following him around. Also, that Repeat never mentally communicated with Kyle, and that Kyle never bonded with Repeat to transform into a Cross.

Can non-Crosses see familiars?

Alright. That makes sense, both with my character's bio and the world. Whenever Kyle would try to tell someone about Repeat, no one would see the kitten, so they just assumed he was either lying or had an invisible friend or something.

I kinda assumed that Crosses could see other Cross's familiars. Is this correct?

Okay, so rather than make school for cross. Goverment gave incentive to parents to hone their kid's combat skill. Probably hiring martial arts instructor or something.

I think next we need a chronological order. For now it looks like all crosses just start their stranger-gutting business which I think is not true, right?

I start first, Clover moved to botanical city 10 years ago and had started killing strangers since 5 years ago. So I think she should be well-known to the cross community.

Ah, and while I'm at this. How many crosses in average there are in one city?

It's hard to get an exact number,but there's more cross holders in larger cities, so I think that our characters would be the only ones in botanical. As for the incentive

And I've thought about it, the government wouldn't try to control the cross holders as much as they want, for one, they are the only defense against strangers and anti-cross so they wouldn't want to risk getting on the bad side of them.
So the government would give crosses more freedom then force them train and fight, but still have a choice when they want to train and things like that

Ok, Gaia only knows that clover is another cross holder, and he was born in botanical city, he started fighting stranger a few years ago and has self tought himself all his fighting skills, so his attacks are kind of unique

I would say he has been in the city for a while, but has never really made any friendships. He is super friendly, but hasn't made any friendships with the townspeople.

Rex

Resident Furry
Being the oldest, Sebastian has probably been at this whole Stranger killing thing the longest. However, due to how Tempest works, he's the least inclined to work with other Crosses, and thus probably doesn't engage Strangers when there are other Crosses actively fighting them unless the Stranger defeats said Cross. Therefore, he probably does not know any of the other Crosses by name.

I like making ranked monster bestiary. It make the monster feels more threatening, and humans like to categorize things anyway. So here you go. What's your opinion? Is the classification good enough? Did I miss something? Want to add or remove monster?

Isabelle Flareweck here. This is ISS version 0.67, still under development and far from perfect. I need to consult more experts to polish the definitions. Also need to gain more network and record as many stranger datas as possible.

S-Class
The ultimate beings. Their existence alone had changed the world. Never engage them. Example: Hydra, Leviathan, Armageddon.
Said to be the first stranger appeared. Hydra is a black serpentine monster with many heads. It lives right in the exact spot where the cursed explosion occured, the reason unknown. It is also the one that turn the area surround it into poisonous barren wasteland. The poison mist is very thick and can reduce our vision range to only 5 meters.

There had been several plan to blast the this area with nuclear bombs, but according to calculation the blast can send the poison into the sky and potentially starting 'the poison age'. That seems like the last thing we need right now.
Leviathan is a very very very big cephalopod. No one sure what is its exact form. It never expose its whole body. It has a lot of spots on its body where it can emits light. The sight when leviathan turns on its light is beautiful though, its like there is an underwater city.

Ever since leviathan showed up, ocean crossing becomes very dangerous and all sea trips in a certain radius from leviathannmust be cancelled. This thing seems to enjoy munching on ships so united goverment deploy a special satellite dedicated to tracking it down.

A-Class
Able to trample through cities. High regional threat. A perfect combination of goverment's siege machines and the best crosses MIGHT be able to defeat them. Example: Lordzilla, Black Death, Deep Slime
A swarm of black... dots?? No one sure. Some people said they are nanobots, but EMP don't work on them. Some said they are the embodiment of the black death plague that cut Europe's population centuries ago.

These whatever being can turn organic substance into organic dust in a matter of seconds. They can slowly chew through rock and seems to avoid metal. Fun fact: the organic dust produced by Black Death is a very good fertillizer.

B-Class
The City wrecker. Can quickly kill humans and destroy infrastructures in a city. Coordinated attack of skilled crosses can kill them. Example: Styx, Valkyrie, Ouroboros
A big worm with wide gaping mouth. It's body color can range from pink to dark gray. It is able to move underground easily. Some people also likes to call it alaskan bull worm, with a giggle, I don't understand, did I just miss a joke?

Anyway, ouroboros is not the fastest stranger around so you can just run into it and give it a good smack. Its deadliest aspect is its superb ability to destroy building from below. So, forget about bunker, go to an open area! Its the safest place when dealing with ouroboros.

I also need to tell you its special ability, which had granted its name. Ouroboros can eat its own body to replenish its health. So when fighting an ouroboros, don't give it time to rest, chase it! Chase it even if that means your team must venture into the dark deep place of the underground, I don't recommend claustrophobic cross to join this fight.

C-Class
Able to kill lots of humans quickly but lacks the mean or power to demolish structures. A group of trained crosses can kill them. Example: Crazy Grizzly, Spraying Mantis, Poltergeist/Octobus
Have you seen poltergeist? When your furnitures and utensils seems like being thrown at you for no reason? Throw something back and you may hit the source of all this bizzare phenomenon: giant octopus with optical camo suit.

Allright they don't use optical camo suit. But they are really dubbed as stranger's best ninja, able to blend into their surrounding in a split second. Though their movement are awkward, and they left those sticky goo when they are traversing on the ground. Someone should research why these octopus lives on the land in the first place.

D-Class
Dangerous to normal human, but not so dangerous for crosses. Still, engage with caution. Example: goblin, catrat, tooth fairy
Small sized purple pixie, each of them is only as big as an adult's thumb. They are nocturnal and usually form a hunting team consist of three pixies. They eat calcium and like bones very much, the fresher the better. Despite their size, one of these pixies can overpower a children, and three of them can pin an adult on the ground. They use serrated knife to cut the victim's teeth or fingers. There have been quite a lot of reports of victims died by bleeding because of the pixie's rough cut.

E-Class
Harmless as long as you keep your distance, their attack area are smaller than most strangers. Example: draketrap, plumber's leech, hellossom
It looks like your usual small freshwater leech. Except it use pipes as their traveling path. Their small presence make it hard to be detected by familiars. Even when one is detected, there's not much crosses out there that want to check someone else's pipes to squash these slimy creature.

Plumber's leeches can jump up to 2 meters. Once bitten, they never let their prey go and will keep sucking blood. The only ways to remove them are by using cross weapon or amputating the bitten body part(note: make sure to bind the leech before cutting the body part, we don't want the leech to jump to another person). Need 1 hour for one leech to turn an adult human into dried corpse.

Please note that all strangers have the capabilities to cause heavy casualties. If you are a cross, always engage with the upmost caution, the stranger in front of you can be your last... If you are a non-cross, keep your distance if you find one.

Last edited:
The next stranger attack will probably be a B- Class and pose a pretty good threat to everyone

We have 8 people right now, I'll close the sign ups if nobody joins tommorow

Name: Ember Melton

Cross: (your animal power that you possess) Dragon

personality: (just a few main traits of your personality) Friendly, compassionate, and fun to be around.

Appearance: Ember stands 5’3” and has long brown hair, violet eyes, and light brown skin. She wears a gold jacket over a red short sleeved shirt, blue jeans, and red sneakers with a white stripe on each side.

Post-trans. Appearance: (what you look like after you transform) She gains khaki horns, as well as wings identical to her familiar’s. Red scales surround her eyes (which become brown due to the transformation), as well as cover her arms and legs. Her armor is red (with the top half mimicking the body armor worn modern day by women in the military) with matching boots and is incapable of burning to cinders when set ablaze. She can fly, and has fire manipulation powers, though she is limited in what she can and cannot do (she cannot fully stop a wildfire that covers at least 1 mile, for example). Her weapons also use fire magic.

Weapons 1: Sword with a red guard resembling a dragon's talon, with the talon and claws pointed towards the blade.

Weapon 2: Scepter topped with a large red orb that is held in a golden dragon's talon.

Familiar: ( same/ similar to your Cross) Klora, a dragon strongly resembling The Eye of Timaeus (Dragon) . She is majorly red with yellow inside the wings, as well as from her lower jaw to a few inches after the tail begins. Her horns are khaki in color. She appears to be the size of a bobcat. Her eyes are brown.

Special ability: Dragon Inferno: Summons a large amount of fire in the shape of a dragon identical to her familiar, then launches it at the target. It takes a lot of energy, making her prone to passing out after using it.

Last edited by a moderator: