• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Beyond the Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
"Look, Mr Andross," A small, bald and bespectacled man stuttered, looking across a small office desk to a much more confident looking man - short cut, spiked black hair matching with his long dark coat - all of which was topped off by a black shirt, black pants and black shoes. The only thing not black about him was his expression. He watched the guy in front of him with a simple smile on his face and leaned forward in his chair.

"No, listen Mister Benner, My mind is made up. As my financial advisor I'm telling you that I want to do this with my money. I'm not paying you tell me not to do it, I'm not paying you to tell me I shouldn't do it. I'm paying you to do it for me and do it right."

He sat back, Mr Benner sighing and looking to his desk and back up with a pained expression.

"I'm telling you it can't be done, Mr Andross. What you're asking for is litterally impossible." He looked back down to the papers on his desk, fiddling with them before pushing a couple across face up to his client.

"You simply cannot have your spacecraft. I'm sorry."

Mr Andross leaned over further and inspected his own papers, detailing plans and financial arrangements for his personal dream - an operational space craft.

"It can be done. It will be done. And you'll get it done. Don't come back to me until you've spent my money and gotten NASA on side."

He stood up, pushed the papers back to Mr Brenner and turned back out the door, leaving his advisor with nothing more than a sigh.

Nevertheless, within minutes the small, bald, bespectacled man had his phone in one hand and Mr Andross' plans in the other....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr Andross was no mere man though. He was David Andross, multi-googolaire. Born with an inheritance of his millionaire father and with the intelligence of a hundred Einsteins. At the age of 12 he was already using the internet to play the StockMarket. By 17 he was a billionaire. By 19 he invested his entire fortune and became a trillionaire. After investing that again and winning big time once more, David Andross was worth more money than banks would count by the age of 23.

With a literal infinite wealth, David Andross, who at 25 had just left the offices of Mr Alan Brenner, had no dream other than to live among the stars.

He'd seen Mir and the International Space Station put into space and was also one of the first space Tourists but it wasn't enough, none of it was. He knew that people like NASA could do so much more if only they had the money. He did.

It was another 6 months before NASA finally accepted his offer to build a functioning Space Craft, the equivilent of a huge ocean liner floating in space.

At 29 he was in Cape Canaveral, looking down on a mile high platform at a huge ship below him. It was sleek and designed with both looks and functionality in mind. Huge engines gave it an effective set of wings at the side, whilst more massive thrusters at the back gave it a tail.

At the head was a plane-like beak for the bridge - 2 and a half miles away from the bottom of the back thrusters.

The ship was coated white - as all NASA ships were - and had a blank space on the bough with tape all over it - the name lying underneath it.

"....My Baby...." David muttered softly, a smile on his face and tears in his eyes.

"Mr Andross?" David turned around to find a group of suits standing behind him, the leading one standing with his hand extended and a bunch of files under arm.

"Yes?" He answered, taking the other man's hand and shaking it firmly.

"My name is John Fox, I'm your liason to Home Base and the director of your mission."

The hands suddenly parted and David was left looking puzzled into this John Fox's eyes.

"Mission?"

"Oh yes," He said, quite blazé, taking the files and shoving them into David's hands.

"The contract you signed when we took up this offer made it very clear that we would only put our own investment into this if we got what we wanted from it too."

David thumbed through the incomphrenisble papers of gibberish and looked back up.

"And what is that?"

"Oh, nothing more than making sure this thing actually stays up there."

Fox shrugged innocently before slipping in one more clause.

"Oh, and putting our men on new planets, of course."

This left David stunned. "Your men?"

"Well, of course. You'll need a crew up there to run that thing. And you'll need men that are trained to do so. And at that, you'll be taking that hunk of metal and heading out to never-before visited planets and making history in the name of the United States."

Fox had his papers thrust back into his chest as David stormed past him, the suits all following.

"I don't want to be an explorer. I just want to live among the stars."

"And that you shall do." Fox acknowledged.

"But, how can I do that if I get hassled by your lot to go 'exploring'?" He questioned angrily as the whole group strolled down the corridors.

"I assure you, you will not be hassled. You can take things at your own leisurely pace."

"And what if all I do is float about in orbit?"

They stopped. Fox looked right into David's eyes and made clear he was being firm and unplacable.

"You will be asked to do these things for us. You will be given a wide time frame. You will have full control of your ship." He took a step forward, done reassuring and more interested in asserting instead.

"But if you fail to do what we ask you, we will bring you down. We didn't put our own money into this, just our time and knowledge. Fail to comply at all and we will shoot you down."

Fox took a step back and patted himself down. "Afterall, there's no worries of nuclear pollution in a vacumn, is there?"

Nodding to the suits following, he thrust the files back into David's hands and headed off past him, leaving David with his papers and his words.

"Fine. I'll take your poxy crew with me..." Shifting the files under his arm, he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a piece of folded paper.

"But i'll take my own too." He looked down to the paper he just unfolded and took another gander at his own poster advertising for an adventurous crew of people looking to join him on his journey. Instead of special expertise, he was looking for a group of enthusiastic people to go on the ship for the same reason as him.

He would make sure that this dream would be just as he wanted it and just how others had wanted their dreams to be. The fact these posters would be appearing in every single publication the world over next week emphasised this more than anything....

Last edited by a moderator:
"'Dear Mr. Quicksilver,
We are glad to inform you that you will be aloud to be aboard the new space ship, designed by David Andross and built by NASA. You and Many other individuals will be boarding the ship when all legal matters are taken care of. We will be Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.' Okay? So what does this mean?" A stout, middle-aged man was sitting at a table reading a letter. He read it out load for his wife to hear. A younger boy was bouncing around in the background. Enthusiastic about what his father didn't understand.

"You don't get it? How could you not get it?" The boy was around the age of a 17-year-old. He waited for his father, who was annoyed by his sons impatience, to respond, but when he didn't he yelled it at the top of his lungs. "I'M GOING TO SPACE!!!"

"Aaron! Don't yell in the house." his mother yelled at him before it sank in. "Wait? What?!? But you're just a boy!"

"I'm a teenager." said the boy indignantly.

"Your still to young!" His father placed his hand on his mother's shoulder. She looked at him, shocked.

"Honey, think about this. Do you know hoe many people would kill for a chance like this. He should go." his mother sat there shocked, again. But before she could say anything the father interrupted her, "Aaron, you're going to have to go shop for some new clothes. You may also want to get something's for your self."

The boy jumped up and hugged his father. "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

The whole time a Vulpix sat in the corner, watching everything. She got up to follow the boy into his room. She jumped up onto his bed to watch him get his things together. "Vull?"

Aaron turned to look at Vulpix. "Hey there, did you hear. I'm going to space!" The Vulpix sat there and yawned. "The bad part is that I won't see you for a while."

This seemed to catch the Pokèmon's attention. "Vuul?" She leaped up and started rubbing against her owner.

"I'll miss you to Jasmine, but I got to go. I will never get a chance like this again." He rubbed his head against Jasmine's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, Mr. Quicksilver. I am glad to meet you." Mr. Andross shook the hand of a middle-aged man vigorously.

"It's my pleasure to meet such a man like yourself in person." It was Aaron's father, shaking Mr.Andross' hand just as hard.

David looked behind Aaron's dad at him and his mother after letting go of his hand. "I see you have brought your son and wife to say good bye."

Aaron looked at his father, confused. His father turned to David and said, "Umm...I'm sorry, but you are confused. I wasn't the one going. It is my son."

"Your son?!? But I thought that a 'Aaron Quicksilver' was going to be joining us?" said Mr. Andross, looking confusedly at his clipboard.

"Ahw, that's me." said Aaron waving his arm from behind his father. Sitting beside him was a suitcase, and in his other arm was Jasmine.

"But he is so young, how could he pass the survey?"

"I've always been interested in outer space. Every since I was 7 years old. I constantly search the internet for more and more information. I must confess though. There were some questions that I had to guess on."

"Well, I guess I can't argue with results. You got one of the top 15 scores. Welcome aboard." Mr. Andross stepped towards Aaron and presented his hand. they both shook each other's hands. "But I hope your not bringing that Vulpix. No unauthorized Pokèmon are allowed on board."

"I know, I brought her to say good bye to. I will give her to my mother once we are done."

"Okay, come let me show you what is happening."

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Umm....

Several points.

1 - As determinable by the presence of the United States and NASA, This wasn't intended as a PokeMon RP.

2 - This RP has never really taken off. Even its creator lost interest in it. Ergo, it's a dead RP and shouldn't have been replied to.

3 - Is Mr. Andross YOUR character? No? EXACTLY. Therefore, you are NOT allowed to control him. Read the rules. It's called Autoing, and it's pretty much one of the most major offense on the list. The same way, in 'Grand Dreams' You can't automatically assume that any character actually noticed you, even 'in the corner of their eyes' as you put it. That is a decision that is to be left to the people who own the characters.

This is your first warning. Read the rules, please. And abide by them.

A link to the rules may be found here:RP Forum Rules - All New RPers MUST Read.

And this thread is getting closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.