• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

best champion

the best champion

• wallace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • steven

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Cynthia

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • alder

• rival

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • lance

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • wallace

• steven

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Cynthia

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • alder

• rival

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • lance

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that by rival you mean Blue, which is why I voted for him/it. He was the original champion and had good powerful pokemon. I think he was the toughest to beat.

It's a close call between Blue and Cynthia, but I voted for the latter. Simply because she has a lot more story, with Blue obviously only being Champion in the games (I haven't read the manga, maybe it happens there too) and without any real story behind it. So I guess Cynthia deserves it over him, in my opinion.

martin200, you should at least attempt to offer your own opinion on the discussion, and not just leave a poll for us to vote on.

But anyways, I voted for Cynthia. She has a balanced team, gave me a fairly good run for my money (THAT. FUCKING. GARCHOMP.) and her theme musics are some of the best tracks to come out of the games.

Blue/Gary and Steven are a close second. Steven just has one of the best chracter designs out of Hoenn (and probably out of all the games) and Blue, as a rival, has a special place in my heart.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Cynthia. Like RXSatoren said, I feel she has the most balanced team - and thus toughest team to beat - of any of our currently existing champions. Mr. Alder had nothing on her. ;x

I love how Cynthia's name is the only correctly capitalized one.

Steven for me, as well. I loved his general character and story participation, and his team is bloody amazing in both looks and stats- IMO, anyway.

Cynthia has the best themes of all time, though.

OF ALL TIME.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Steven, mostly because I'm biased towards Hoenn characters in general but I just love his character and design and he's the reason why I like steel types now. XD

Cynthia's a really close second; like, just a hair's breadth away. <333

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, variations on the tired, old FEAR strategy. Some are even clever, But they're still variations on what is essentially a cheap exploit.

i voted for steven because he is the best he could cream Cynthia and her garchomp with aggron and so i voted steven.

p.s please do not use bad language

I'll have to choose Cynthia because she can actually put up a decent challenge ingame and as others have said, her theme is all sorts of awesomeness. In my opinion hers is the best and no other champion theme can even touch it. Steven is a close second which only makes me weep harder for the fact that we didn't get to see his awesomeness in the anime much. But given how much Advanced Generation sucked, maybe that's not such a bad thing...

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
martin200 said:
p.s please do not use bad language

P.S. We moderate these forums, not you. It'll be a warning next time.

I voted Blue because he is in fact GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK and he is the best champion, had the best theme music and the best buildup as the final boss of the game.

...and he's GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK.

Blue/Green/Gary whichever way you look at it. His theme is great and by far the best team (Cynthia is just cheap in my opinion for using Spiritomb and Garchomp) and they complement each other well. And the fact he is your rival and you see his team grow makes the climax even better.

Rileyixx said:
Blue/Green/Gary whichever way you look at it. His theme is great and by far the best team (Cynthia is just cheap in my opinion for using Spiritomb and Garchomp) and they complement each other well. And the fact he is your rival and you see his team grow makes the climax even better.

This (well, minus the Cynthia detail, IMO). It makes for the single best rival battle in the entire series.

My personal favourite are either Blue or Lance. Blue, do I really have to explain his badassness?
Idk why I like Lance, when I was younger whenever I would battle him I would pretend my blankie was a cape o.o

My favorite is Cynthia. Hands-down. I've had many memories where she was a difficult Champion, but I found a way the fifth time I tried. I like her so much, I named my Mienshao after her, and my Mienshao was my first White 2 member to reach the prestigious level of one-hundred.

My list when it comes to the champions of being the best to the worst are the following.
#1 Gary (Blue/Green) - Started his Pokémon journey at the same time as you did, also a nice balance team.
#2 Cynthia - Coolest female trainer, her team is awesome, and is a good challenge.
#3 Lance- Helps you out with Team Rocket, the original Dragon type trainer (the best).
#4 Steven- Cool design, his main type is Steel, but his easy to beat and gets replace in upgrade.
#5 Alder- meh, his team screams 5th gen (not a bad thing), cool design.
#6 Iris- There's already a Dragon type champion.
#7 Wallace- Awful pick for a champion, better off being a gym leader.
#8 Diantha- Good team, she does nothing for the story, design sucks, worst person you meet to be champion.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since this topic has received two separate gravediggings now, it's getting locked.

Don't post in old, outdated threads again Midnight Ace or it'll be a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.