• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Becoming a Legendary Hero (SU&D)

@Cmeriwether Inside the cloth is a pair of armlets, known in the story as Focus and Restraint worn by Fuyumi. I'll let you design them yourself if you want, but the abilities I will make.
Focus - Enhances the wearer's mana flow in their body allowing for greater uses of magic and grants a steady flow mana restoration. Also allows the wearer to cast spells/use abilities quicker by approx 50%
Restraint - Grants the wearer to be able to cast magic with less mana with each spell/ability. Excess mana used by a spell will be recycled back into he wearer.
Set - When Focus and Restraint are worn together the user is able to tap into the raw magic in their body granting them Arcane Affinity as long as the armlets are worn. If the wearer already has Arcane Affiliation then their Arcane Magic/Abilities are increased by approx. 150%.
Kind of an RPG element to getting gear and stuff, but I think it adds an interesting aspect to the RP, giving characters actual things that can alter how they fight or even are as a character. All you will eventually get stuff as that's what the Other Items were in the character profiles, in case you guys haven't noticed the NPCs tend to have quite a collection. Items of note are very powerful, especially named ones such as the ones that Fuyuko got.

Location Lore (brief): Celestial Gardens: The Celestial Gardens is essentially the heaven equivalent of the real world, but in Fortuna the Celestial Gardens is an actual location, and no mortals have ever been there, it said the Gardens is where all passed spirits go, it is also the world's primary defense against the Cosmos and the Eldritch, and it can create beings of great power to do so, these beings are known as Celestials and live in Fortuna.

Name: Alyssa
Height: 5'6"
Weight/Body Build: Unknown weight, Athletic and feminine
Species: Human
Affinity(s): Fire, Lightning, Water, Ice, Earth, Sand/Mud, Wind, Arcane, Spirit, Life
Weapon of Choice: Combat Gloves
Preferred Style of Combat: Close-quarters magic enhanced melee, area of effect based, precision based, support mage
Other Items: Battle Gloves of Zealous Fortitude
Ability Index: 1= Not well trained got like a C in the subject. 2 =Not too bad, you can get by but still rough around the edges. 3 = Decent, but your skills will not turn any heads, average for Trainer Guild Graduates. 4 = You can be considered a master and is good enough to teach others. 5 = You are a God-like virtuoso, your skills are a spectacle to behold (No player character should have a 5 at this point).
  • Endurance: 2/5
  • Strength: 2/5
  • Dexterity: 5/5
  • Speed: 5/5
  • Magic: 5/5
Eye Color: Deep Red
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Long and straight
Clothing/Physical Appearance: She has fair skin and long straight black hair that ended just above her waist, and her large expressive almond shaped eyes were a deep red. She is dressed in a white tank-top under a black leather mini-vest with a short loose black leather skirt, and a pair of white high top combat boots. Her Battle Gloves of Zealous Fortitude are tucked under her belt.
Personality:
Alyssa is an extremely hard worker, she carries a lot of motherly traits, spending her spare time caring for everyone else but herself and tries to keep everyone around her optimistic. Despite this Alyssa herself is emphatic and emotionally shy. Identifying and responding to the feelings of others, Alyssa does not express her own personal feelings often.
Other Character Notes: One of the founding members of the Abyss Walkers, within the guild's ranking she is ranked No. 5. Alyssa is universally loved by all in the guild. Alyssa has access to all affinities of magic not by natural means but by highly controversial, dangerously life threatening, and experimental magical surgery developed by herself and Aria that maximized the mana flow of her body and created artificial focus points though her body and infusing these focus points with raw energy of the magical affiliation it allows her to perform incredible feats of magic and melee the likes of which the world has never seen. Alyssa was not expected to survive the surgery due to the immense amount of spiritual mutilation that occurs, essentially slicing, redirecting, and reconstructing an entire person's mana flow system though spirit and life manipulation was unheard of. Alyssa's recovery time and suffering was long and grueling, but her survival and the results of the surgery stands as a defiance to nature and is a procedure that Aria and Alyssa sworn to never repeat.
Bio: TBA

@mallard | @Cmeriwether | @Barefoot_Kittens | @Gamingfan | @Ridleymon | @Pinch

Decided to break the tour into at least two posts, could be more, not gonna wait for everyone's response during this though, and the tour will just kind of move on as I finish posts, autoing I guess including moving characters along with the group during the tour if that is okay with everyone. I know it's a bit overwhelming with all the NPCs but i think the way they will be actually introduced and interacted with should be fine, just kinda front loaded but, I've been updating the OP post with all the NPCs so their info. is easy to access, hope that helps out. I promise you guys will be able to do some stuff soon via ability demonstrations will happen soon along with just character interactions.

Name: Arkady Ashcroft
Height: 6’3”
Weight/Body Build: Slender, but strong and proud
Affinity(s): Arcane
Weapon of Choice: Micro-filament wires
Preferred Style of Combat: Long to Close quarters but not melee
Other Items: Gloves of Control, Monocle of True Sight
Ability Index: 1= Not well trained got like a C in the subject. 2 =Not too bad, you can get by but still rough around the edges. 3 = Decent, but your skills will not turn any heads, average for Trainer Guild Graduates. 4 = You can be considered a master and is good enough to teach others. 5 = You are a God-like virtuoso, your skills are a spectacle to behold (No player character should have a 5 at this point). 20/25
  • Endurance: 4/5
  • Strength: 4/5
  • Speed: 4/5
  • Magic: 3/5
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: His raven black hair reaches slightly past his shoulders and is tied into a tight pony tail.
Clothing/Physical Appearance: Tall, slender and is dressed in long formal black trousers, a long sleeved white wing collar dress shirt, a thin dark purple tie and matching vest with black gloves and dress shoes, and a monocle on a chain on his left eye resting on his nose along with a few other chains around his waist and pockets. His raven black hair reaches slightly past his shoulders and is tied into a tight pony tail. He has a longish sharp nose, a strong brow, and intense expressive brown eyes.
Personality: A perfect model of a butler. Polite, diligent, brooding, dutiful, and intelligent, with a dry ironic sense of humor. He carries out his duties with pride.
Other Character Notes: Regardless of his age Arkady is a fierce fighter and an efficient killer. He cuts down anyone with cold precision who would threaten the Abyss Walker estate.
Bio: It is unknown how, where, or when Isaac met Arkady, but Isaac managed to earn Arkady’s trust and loyalty where many others failed and were cut down by him. He has served the Abyss Walkers before the current Guild House was completed. His past is shrouded in mystery. Despite being a butler he is respected and held in very high regards by everyone in the guild especially by the founding members.
Name: Cadence
Height: 5'1
Weight/Body Build: Unknown weight, Slender and petite build
Affinity(s): Fire, Lightning
Weapon of Choice: Chains
Preferred Style of Combat: Close-quarters magic enhanced melee, area of effect based
Other Items: Custom mana battery bracelet created and gifted from Aria, Bottled Lightning
Ability Index: 1= Not well trained got like a C in the subject. 2 =Not too bad, you can get by but still rough around the edges. 3 = Decent, but your skills will not turn any heads, average for Trainer Guild Graduates. 4 = You can be considered a master and is good enough to teach others. 5 = You are a God-like virtuoso, your skills are a spectacle to behold (No player character should have a 5 at this point). 16/25
  • Endurance: 3/5
  • Strength: 2/5
  • Dexterity: 4/5
  • Speed: 3/5
  • Magic: 4/5
Eye Color: Fiery Red
Hair Color: Red, orange, yellow, color of fire
Hair Style: Bob length with bangs that cover her left eye
Clothing/Physical Appearance: She wears a modified standard black and white uniform, modifications made for easier mobility in combat. Her dress is a symbol for her and is extremely proud of, every intricate design, pattern, and show, had been carefully custom crafted and created by Aria. Youthful and beautiful, she has stunning porcelain-like skin and often seen smiling
Personality: Calmer and more collected than her twin sister she is the more reserved of the two and can sometimes come off a aloof.
Other Character Notes: Has a twin sister that she shares the title of Head Housemaid with. She has a deep bond with the founding members of the Abyss Walkers and the Head Butler of the Abyss Walker Guild House. Quite proficient in combat, able to best most adventurers or thugs that would cause her trouble
Bio: Cadence and her twin sister have been serving the Abyss Walker Guild House for as long as they can remember, under the guidance and teachings of the Head Butler, both Carol and her sister manage the help staff and the entire estate with the upmost of standards and respect to the Guild members as well as each other.
EDIT: NOTE on the Ability Index: The numbers written in the Ability Index X/5 is the character's raw ability, as this a world of magic, powerful items, etc. these numbers are commonly boosted and altered by magic, abilities, and items.

Last edited:
@Cmeriwether

Vial of Flourishing Waters - A small potion sized vial that contains near endless supplies of mystical water that have restorative properties that heals minor to moderate physical wounds as well as restore some of the recipients mana. Current owner: Carol

Bottled Lightning - A small potion sized vial that contains an extremely powerful eternal magical lightning storm that was sealed within a long time ago, opening the bottle unleashed powerful bolts of magical lightning. A skilled Fire or Lightning affinity individual can control the the unleashed bolts of lightning to energize themselves or to deal damage to others. Current owner: Cadence

Yes i need to change it on Cadence's page, forget to take it off XD

In Levi's head, I commented about the guild being fairly new. I realize that I sort of just made an assumption there that could've been very incorrect. I know the guild isn't super new, but I just assumed that there were guilds that were at least a century. Sorry about my presumptive there, is it safe to say that the Abyss Walkers is a fairly new guild in the context of this world (I don't know how old adventure guilds typically are)?

@Barefoot_Kittens yep the Abyss Walkers as a guild is not even a decade old. The founding members have been together longer but as a guild it’s less than 10 years old. Mr.Ashcroft actually alluded to this in his introduction saying he has been in the Abyss Walker’s service for nearly a decade though he has involvement with them before the guild was formed.

and yea there are huge ancient guilds that are thousands of years old with thousands of members and some that are even endorsed by cities, nobels, and even rulers. The Abyss Walkers is a baby guild in comparison. Their growth and access to resources is one of the controversies that surrounds them, in the grand scale of things they kind of popped up over night and rapidly grew to be quite a formidable force for those who have encouraged and/or dealt with then.

Last edited:
Apologies for another mega post, just world building and exposition stuff, should get shorter from here on out. So to be clear and pointing out some important details: the main mansion is available to be explored, Xuki is staying in the same building the six are, she is available as a source of information and as a sparring partner. Going to give a bit of time prob. several days, latest to a week (05/31) for responses and answers before I continue to the dinner.
Name: Isaac Manphantel
Height: 6'0"
Weight/Body Build: Lightly toned, about 200 lbs
Affinity(s): Eldritch, Cosmic
Weapon of Choice: Dual Scythes
Preferred Style of Combat: Mid range to close, Melee combat, Assassination
Other Items: ???
Ability Index: 1= Not well trained got like a C in the subject. 2 =Not too bad, you can get by but still rough around the edges. 3 = Decent, but your skills will not turn any heads, average for Trainer Guild Graduates. 4 = You can be considered a master and is good enough to teach others. 5 = You are a God-like virtuoso, your skills are a spectacle to behold (No player character should have a 5 at this point). 23/25
  • Endurance: 4/5
  • Strength: 4/5
  • Speed: 5/5
  • Magic: 5/5
Eye Color: Turquoise / Violet
Hair Color: Black and white
Hair Style: Long, back-swept
Clothing/Physical Appearance: long black back-swept hair that seemed to fade to a pure white slightly past halfway of its length, with warm light tan colored skin, and his eyes were a strange violet turquoise color being more turquoise around the pupil and shifting to a violet. Relatively attractive and strangely charismatic, has an aura of calmness ans serenity about him. Dressed in nearly pure white, long white pants, pain white long sleeved shirt with a long white robe that has violet triangle designs along the hems (Imagine White Mage robes, but where there is red, its violet).
Personality: ???
Other Character Notes: Founder of the Abyss Walkers
Bio:
???

Does everyone have their own seperate room, or are there two rooms shared by three people? I just don’t want to make the mistake in my post that Hunheart has his own room when in fact he’s sharing it with others.

D

Deleted member 284192

I'm gonna be pretty busy for a while so I'm going to be a bit slow with posting. I'll have some time later tonight to post potentially though. (Life has been a tad cringe lately.)

Here's a map I quickly drew up of the room and common area, the hall way leading out to the rest of the building isn't actually that long. The guest house basically has multiple identical setup, about six on the first floor (three on each side) and four on the second floor (two on each side).

Layout_Guest_House.jpg

well the best way is to discuss it out here, and then RP it to the conclusion, just letting it go in the RP without a particular goal could drag on for much longer than needed lol

EDIT: but if you guys think you can figure it our in a couple of posts then go ahead

Also Familiars are a thing, but a bit different in this context, and only accessible by the most dedicated and masterful magic users.

Familiars: Very strong independent magical creatures that can be summoned by master magic users. Whenever a mage is born a Familiar is also born and bound to the mage, but in a separate dimension only known as the Dreamlands. Only master magic users will have the capability to contact and summon their bound Familiar to Fortuna.

A Familiar has its own personality, and its own set of skills, its power in magic is directly proportional to the mage it’s bound to and are not always the same or even related to the mage’s own abilities, they are as smart as any individual and almost always tend to be some type of magic user themselves. If they are physically killed in Fortuna they merely return back to the Dreamlands and wait to be re-summoned again. If the mage they are bound to is killed then they will die or if their spirit is killed in Fortuna they will also die unable to return to the Dreamlands. They often trabel, battle, and fight along side their bound mage as a close reliable ally, some powerful mage's Families are even more powerful than other adventurers.

well the best way is to discuss it out here, and then RP it to the conclusion, just letting it go in the RP without a particular goal could drag on for much longer than needed lol

EDIT: but if you guys think you can figure it our in a couple of posts then go ahead

I think that we are struggling right now with not knowing what to post, so I feel that the best thing to do is to discuss things here so that we can get this show on the road :D. All we have to decide is who we're gonna have as the captain in the long run. Of course, our character's personal opinions of each other should be taken into account, but we should decide who will be the best leader based off of their personality and what they have demonstrated in the RP so far. First of all, whose characters want to run for the captain position?

This is what I've got for each character so far (these comments mostly reflect Levi's opinions so please don't kill me), I'll also include what I think Levi's biggest flaws are according to the others

Fuyuko: Though quiet thus far, Fuyuko has a strong background that would back her eligible for the job- her mother was a legacy and she already has magical equipment that puts her ahead of the others. According to her bio she had a strong sense of morals (we have, however, yet to see that), she is also likely good at magic if her mother was a wizard and taught her anything. She basically said that she didn't plan on running, though she seemed hesitant, her least redeeming quality would be how emotional and quiet she had been so far (granted it's a bad time with seeing memories of her mother all over the place).
Joseph: Joseph has the natural abilities to get people's attention, with an easy-going, charming attitude but the ability to get loud when needed. He obviously wants the position, and claims to be the best suited for it based off of his heroic attitude as well as combat strength (this has however, yet to have a chance to be proven true). Still, Joseph's playful attitude seems inappropriate at times and his stubbornness has come off as more childish than anything else; also, Levi's pretty sure he's flat out stupid.
Clint: It's pretty clear that Clint had a big heart and he's an ambitious go getter, granted he's made a bad impression (at least to Levi) based on how many times he's been made fun of for his armor, and he has still yet to take it off. He seems to have a stereotypical hero attitude, making him a good fit for the job, ad he even sort of took the lead of the whole icebreaker thing. He's a rather positive character, which irks Levi a bit, he seems more naive than anything else.
Hunheart: Hunheart's arcane arms makes him, upon first inspection, appear to be skilled in magic (though that assumption is based off of no facts). He has taken initiative more than once in striking up conversation, but seems pretty closed off and reserved over all. The fact he wouldn't even share his name at first hints that it won't be easy to gain his trust, which of course makes him seem untrustworthy as well. He's been fairly quiet thus far, Levi can't help but feel that he doesn't have enough information on him.
Loufe: Loufe's got a major problem, and he should probably work on that perfect he adds other stuff to his plate. The fact he lied to Levi, obviously set off some red flags, but there is something about him that is just unnervingly hostile and ominous. When he speaks, he's well mannered and nice- but then he goes off talking to himself, which is flat out weird.
Levi: While perceptive and keen, possibly showing to be the most intelligent of the recruits, Levi has thus far not made much effort to make friends. Despite multiple messages about the guild being family he obviously doesn't trust the others, his distrustful attitude makes it hard to trust him as well. He's also a plain jerk, I don't think there are any Levi fans out there, granted there may be a few haters. His rude comments prove that he is not working towards the common goal of 'becoming a family' which means he may have trouble with teamwork, definitely not the best recipe for a team captain.

Out of that, my top three for team captain would be : Clint, Fuyuko, or Joseph (not necessarily in that order)

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Joseph would only complain long term if Levi or Fuyuko (he's jealous of the attention pointed at her) were elected. There wouldn't be conflict too drastic if Fuyuko was elected, though. Also, Joseph wasn't intended to be a great leader character, but nobody else fills the archetype much more than he does. I do agree with @Barefoot_Kittens thoughts.

D

Deleted member 284192

My problem with Clint as a leader is in terms of battle he is a tad clueless when it comes to strategy. He might even act a bit recklessly depending on the situation, which I probably should have added in bio.

Well, since our discussion failed to get anywhere XD, we'll just have a poll here. Also, in the RP- just have your character do their introduction, it doesn't have to be in any specific order, I'll post Levi soon.

https://linkto.run/p/5XJOV5K7 (Have your say: Team Captain)

Anyways, here is a link to a poll (I only included those who we thought had a chance at it). Please only vote once, because the vote is from your character :D

Edit: Ok, we still can't come up with a solution. No matter what we do, it seems to be a three way tie between Fuyuko, Joseph, and Clinton- I don't want to type another post since I had the last one, but I'm gonna message Foxex for a solution. This is harder than it should be XD.

Last edited:
Prepare for the biggest prank of all time.

I'll work up a quick post once everyone likes my post or Foxxex's post above so I know I have permission to auto. Also, dont worry- I won't make your characters say or do anything it'll be more like "after everyone introduced themselves the group tallied up votes..."