• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Battle tower Team

Since i dont feel like bumping my own topic and getting warned for double posting,no one posted :'(,so ill say it again.

my team is:
Lucario Lv50@Metal Coat
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere

Staraptor Lv50@wide lens
Close Combat
Fly
U-turn
Pluck

and I have a few options for my last pokemon

LatiosLv50@Soul Dew
Luster Purge(going to change)
Psychic
Recover
Dragon Dance

or

Charizard Lv75
Fly
Slash
Steel Wing
Flamethrower(going to ditch for Heat Wave)

or

Marowak Lv75
Ice Beam
Thrash
Dig(going to ditch for bonemerang,guaranteed)
Flamethrower

or

Rhydon Lv55
Surf
Hammer Arm
Stone Edge
Earthquake

or,finally

Mamoswine Lv56
Ancientpower
Take Down
Earthquake
Ice Beam

I have access to all third generation pokemon
any suggestions will be appreciated. 8)

Lucario,A-ok maybe a better item but i dont see a huge problem
Starraptor,OK but pluck isn't all that great for battle tower,not much berries i don't recall.i don't know his options too well tho so thats the best i got
Latios-A-ok
Charizard-His specialty is special attack yet you only have one of those,if you can get dragon pulse that might be nice.NO HEAT WAVE,keep flamethrower,that 90 accuracy may not seem bad but it tends to always come when u don't want it.
Marowak-NO SPECIALS,Marowak's specialty is attack BY FAR.Get sword dance if you can and the Thick club to double his attack,from there just get some standard physical,if he has the ability rock head get double edge.Rock slide or some other rock move would help too for air
Rhydon-Evolve into Rhyperion (if u can) and drop surf.If he can learn waterfall use that,but again low special attack so NO SPECIALS
Mamoswine i won't comment on because i know nothing about it.

Some advice of mine

Lucario,A-ok maybe a better item but i dont see a huge problem
Starraptor,OK but pluck isn't all that great for battle tower,not much berries i don't recall.i don't know his options too well tho so thats the best i got
Latios-A-ok
Charizard-His specialty is special attack yet you only have one of those,if you can get dragon pulse that might be nice.NO HEAT WAVE,keep flamethrower,that 90 accuracy may not seem bad but it tends to always come when u don't want it.
Marowak-NO SPECIALS,Marowak's specialty is attack BY FAR.Get sword dance if you can and the Thick club to double his attack,from there just get some standard physical,if he has the ability rock head get double edge.Rock slide or some other rock move would help too for air
Rhydon-Evolve into Rhyperion (if u can) and drop surf.If he can learn waterfall use that,but again low special attack so NO SPECIALS
Mamoswine i won't comment on because i know nothing about it.

Some advice of mine
umm,i forgot to mention my marowak had a thick club,and i would of had something else(forgot what)cause i thought that the game wouldnt think dive was a tm.i cant evolve into rhyperior until next sunday/monday.eh,NOBODY knows about Mamoswine >_>.Ill probably go with
Rhyperior Lv55@Hard Stone
Waterfall
Hammer Arm
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Lucario Lv50@Metal Coat
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere

Staraptor Lv50@Wide Lens
Close Combat
Fly
U-turn
Agility/Roost

(on Staraptor,Leaning towards roost)

On Lucario I'd go with Psychic over Flash Cannon. The only two things (Ice and Rock) that it hits are already covered by Aura Sphere which is better. Plus Psychic will Super Effective Fightings.

ok, my advice, since rhyperior can't learn waterfall, put in something like avalanche for dragons, and, considering that he has low speed itll get its power doubled

ok, my advice, since rhyperior can't learn waterfall, put in something like avalanche for dragons, and, considering that he has low speed itll get its power doubled
dont have the tm for avalanche :-\[quote author=Orangen link=topic=2309.msg25825#msg25825 date=1183069104]
On Lucario I'd go with Psychic over Flash Cannon. The only two things (Ice and Rock) that it hits are already covered by Aura Sphere which is better. Plus Psychic will Super Effective Fightings.
[/quote]
same with psychic

The TM for Psychic can be bought at the Game Corners in R/S/E and D/P if you want it. It's cheaper in R/S/E so you can attach the TM to a Pokemon and migrate it over if that works for you. ;)