• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Battle Tower 1v1

Urgh, definitely not posting another thread in here for at least a week, minimum. Anyways.

1v1 Battle Tower (Pearl): yeah it's not hard, but I'm making it complicated. Or not. Depends what I decide to do.

Venomoth @Wise Glasses [Shield Dust]
Modest, 252 Sp. Attack, 128 HP/Speed
-Bug Buzz
-Sludge Bomb
-Psychic
-HP: Ground

Crawdaunt @Muscle Band [Shell Armor?]
Adamant, 252 Attack, 128 HP/Def?
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace

Breloom
#1: @Wide Lens [Effect Spore]
#2: @Toxic Orb [Poison Heal]
Adamant, 252 Attack/Speed, 6 HP?
-Seed Bomb
-Sky Uppercut
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Leech Seed?
--==OR==--
-Seed Bomb
-Focus Punch
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Substitute

The Venomoth I'm pretty happy with-- nothing fancy, but hits hard enough (and with an ok type coverage) such that it shouldn't get wrecked too bad. Crawdaunt's about the same, although I have less idea what I'm doing with it (never used a Crawdaunt before in my life) and the Breloom... I can't decide if I should go for slow-and-steady accuracy, or abuse Poison Heal and Substitute. Or a mixture. (Obviously the ideal solution is to use something less fail than a Breloom, but dangit I love the little fellas.)

If you would really want Crawdaunt to be devistating go with this build.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb [Hyper Cutter]
Adamant
54 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Waterfall
Crunch
Sword Dance
Substitute

This is a pretty basic Crawdaunt build. Waterfall and Crunch for STAB, Sword Dance for that extra Atk boost, and Subtitute just incase you need to defend against any super effective moves. Crawdaunt's biggest problem is speed. He's simply too slow but that can be easily covered with a Baton Passing Ninjask.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Another option for Crawdaunt that runs the same moveset is to use Salac Berry over Life Orb - that way, you get a free Speed boost when your health drops low, bypassing your otherwise poor Speed. You may want to dump the 54 HP EVs into Speed for this, since the Salac Berry addition will need all the Speed EVs it can get here. Either way, Souloux's Crawdaunt set is solid.

As for Breloom, here's a comedic set for general irritation:

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Poison Heal

- Sky Uppercut
- Seed Bomb
- ThunderPunch/Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- Spore

A nasty disruption/revenge killer set for Breloom. Spore's 100% accuracy + Choice Scarf lets you quickly put an opponent to sleep, usually before they can do anything to stop you. Since they're sleeping, you're safe to switch out and start attacking with someone else, whilst your opponent spends the rest of the battle sleeping. The other attacks are for speedy kills in combination with your now very high Speed. Sky Uppercut gets STAB, Seed Bomb also gets STAB and the two combined types provide decent coverage with each other. However, Flying-types resist both of them, which is where the third move comes in - either ThunderPunch, Stone Edge or Rock Slide will work here - I'd go for Rock Slide myself, although the choice is up to you.

Venomoth is pretty solid as it is, just make sure you don't end up getting hit too much - Venomoth can be a bit lacking on the resilience side. A status move such as Stun Spore/Sleep Powder can make for a decent filler move on there - Venomoth has a lot to choose from. It's best to experiment with it and see how it works.