• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Battle Tech University

An ominous feeling hangs over all the students of the school. For many this was the first terrible act of violence they're ever witnessed. The sounds and flashes of sirens around campus made it a sleepless night for many. Staff members and authorities alike patrolled the dorms and grounds like clockwork. And though the dark of night seemed to last an eternity, eventually the sun rose again, as it always does.

Stirred from his drunken slumber by the gentle sun rays beaming for the window onto his face Pokémon Trainer Alan Race crawled out of bed, only to fall flat on his face between his roommates bed and his own. It had been nearly another sleepless nights, the drinking was the only cure to wash away the stresses of the day before. But by the looks of the empty glass bottle he had tripped on, he had finished his supply "damn, looks like I'll have to go off campus today" the boy groaned pushing himself to his feet. His Grovyle having been left out of the ball all night was there to help its trainer to his feet, supporting him as he stumbled to the bathroom "I wonder what will happen today" he mumbled to himself.

His thoughts are interrupted by a PA ringing loud through his ears.
"The student body is excused from All classes today" the headmasters voice booms, echoing in the drunken boy's head. "Auxiliary classrooms will be set up in the vacant auditoriums while the school is repaired. First years in the Ruby auditorium, Second years in the Sapphire Auditorium, and third years in the Emerald Auditorium. Also, please report any suspicious people or activity to a member of the staff or the security force Thankyou all for your cooperation during these trying times. It is only in times of great strife that the true character of a person becomes clear"
The PA announcement ends with a click, having successfully woken up most of the students before 6:00am

After retrieving Pokemon food Mocha returned to her dorm and got on her knees on the carpet flooring, she reached for her three Pokeballs and one by one letting out her Pokemon "Breakfast time!" She's greeted by 3 happy faces. She then stretched her legs out as Buneary, Shellos and Tepig began to eat their food.

"Alright who's up first..." She said glancing between the three
Buneary grabbed a piece of Pokemon food and hopped over in between Mocha's legs. Mocha then proceeded to pull out a brown wooden brush and comb and gently brushed Buneary's fur. Buneary had shut her eyes in relaxation as she got her fur brushed. Unaware that she was standing up Buneary fell over causing a series of giggles from everyone except Shellos who had began to move up and onto Mochas dresser

Michael was slowly waking up when the PA had come to life. He buried his head under a pillow escaping the loud noise. Abra started to nudge Michael's leg seeking from his trainer. "A few more minutes." Michael mumbled under the pillow as he tried to return to his dreams. He heard the sound of sheets moving and small pokemon whispers then without warning Larvitar shoved Michael across the bed, half his body hanged of the edge. This sudden awaking caused Michael to let out a scream as he had gripped to the bed trying to stay on. "Fine. I will get you food." Michael bitterly responded to his pokemon. When he went to stand up he had forgotten about his back and a wave of pain washed across his back causing him to stumble a little.

Hearing the sound of his roommate stirring Alan stumbles back out of the bathroom with the help of Grovyle "is everything slright in here" he slurs

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew opened a single eye at the sounding of the PA system telling them where to go. "Ruby Auditorium." he mumbled, closing his eye and trying to fall back asleep. Despite Chimchar and Deino's attempts to wake their trainer, Matthew simply laid there. He was still thinking about those voices in his dream. No longer feeling the urge to defy his Pokemon's wishes, the boy sat up in his bed. Deino hopped into his lap and Chimchar hopped onto his shoulder. The trainer smiled, "Well you guys can play for a bit. I'm gonna get dressed and then we'll go eat." he said, walking into the bathroom with some clothes.

The trainer came out in his usual attire. Some black jeans with black and white vans. A grey T-shirt with a sleeveless sky blue jacket. "Alright let's do it. Mareep, Deino, return." he said, returning the two. He then motioned for his Chimchar to follow as he held the door open for the monkey. Matthew walked out into the hallway and caught up to Chimchar who then hopped onto his trainer's shoulder. "I wonder who else lives in these dorms." he said, walking down the hallway towards the stairs.

"Ya I am good." He muttered has he slowly got up. He was still wearing the clothes from the previous day and started to change. He switched his grass stained shorts for a pair of blue jeans, his legs moved slowly so he would not have agitated his back. After a few seconds he was able to complete the endeavour. He stood up and switched his wrinkly lavender button up for a freshly ironed teal button up. This endeavour took a little longer than the pants but through soft winces it ended. When he took off his shirt a deep purple baseball sized bruise was exposed before being revealed by a soft teal. "I am going to get some of my pokemon food, you need anything?" Michael asked heading for the door.

"Gatoraid" Alan managed to stammer, remembering the words of wisdom the yellow haired girl had shared with him before falling back into his bed facefirst

Though his voice was muffled by the bed Alan says
"Are you sure you're ok to go out today, you've been through a lot"

"I will be fine. I am not the one battling a hangover." Michael remarked as he, Larvitar, and Abra exited the room. The door clicked behind him and he slowly walked through the hallway. "Larvitar watch over Abra, I can not carry him right now." Michael said gently to his pokemon. Larvitar grabbed ahold of Abra's hand and pulled him closer to her. Abra seemed not to mind and continued walking as usual his eyes continuously drifted around.

After a decent nap Alan decides to head down to the cafeteria to get something to eat, in all the stress of yesterday he had eaten nothing but an egg sandwich in the afternoon, and he was certain that if he expected his Pokémon to train hard today then he would need to make sure that they had a hearty meal before starting the day.

After nearly walking into the hallway in his boxers Alan remembers that he needs o get dressed first. Selecting black jeans and a red button up he grabs his black leather jacket and makes for the door. Scanning the hallways for any of his new classmates.

The trainer's morning starts early, they always have, though with the recent move into school her schedule has pushed her to wake up at an ungodly hour. She took advantage of the pokemon fields and jogged, and half breathlessly walked, around the perimeter while Growlithe and Poochyena joined her on either side. Oddish attempted the feat, but within a couple minutes decided to instead place it's efforts into finding fertile soil and soaking up the remaining moonlight. The remainder of their time is spent practicing battle movements. Joey uses a distressed, frequently dog-eared pokemon trainer's book to assist her through the process. The little lesson goes roughly and little progress is made, but when there is a glimmer of hope spreads across the flushed faces of both trainer and pokemon and provides them with enough fuel to continue.

When the sunrise hits Joey stores the dirt Oddish is so enamored with in a mason jar before they head back to the dormitories for a quick shower and change of clothes. Their entry into the dorm is brief. Joey mixes the newly gathered soil in with the dirt into a gardening pot at the foot of her bed for Oddish to then bury herself in until only the leaves remain visible. The pokemon decidedly stays behind and the trainer is left with Poocheyna and Growlithe for company today. She acknowledges her roommate with a quick "Good morning." from the start and a little "I'll see you at the auditorium, ya? when she leaves for said place.

"Oh oh wait! Mind if I tag along?" She says slipping on her boot and sticking her tongue out.
She walked out and bounced on her tippy toes in excitement waiting for a response.

(The Auditoriums are the auxiliary classrooms, you can go there if you want. But they will be setting it up today. The PA announcement said that all classes were canceled)

She was startled at first, but soon a smile seeped onto her face from her roommates willingness to accompany her. "Are you sure? I was going to check it out and see how they were coming along, but I don't think it's required. Did you have anything planned for today, maybe we could do that instead?"

There was also the matter of investigating. The thought of it stayed latent in the back of her mind, but always there. She needed to find out who the red-hooded mystery kid was. No one could just threaten her own and her Pokémon's lives and go scott free. At the very least she could provide the staff of the school with a name.

Oh, but where to start?

Piper groaned that the PA had woken her from her nice sleep.
"For real? How do you expect someone to wake up this early?" She mumbled pulling her sweatpants off and her jeans on.
"Come on guys, might as well get food now that we are up." Her Pokemon groan in disagreement.
"I know, I know, but afterwards we are going on a run!" This got Piper's Pokemon up.

Mocha laughed so hard that she was in tears "Y-you think I have plans! HA. Oh. You. Are. A. RIOT!" She wiped the tears from under her eyes.

"Yeah let me check me calander, I might be busy." She said jokingly "Ok I'm done I had my laugh." She sighed.

"By the way how're you after yesterday, I know it was a bit crazy." She motioned her fingers in a twirl around her temples signaling when she said crazy.

By the time Piper had finished breakfast it was around 7:30.
"Before we go running, I want to see if any of the other girls are up yet, or if they need their 'beauty' sleep." Piper said jokingly as she headed back to the dorms.
"Hello? Anybody home?" She asked as she knocked on a random door.

Mocha's reaction drew a chuckle from Jo. She was certainly unusual, but she enjoyed the supposed carefree nature.

"I'm alright, I got off that rooftop in the nick of time. It was real weird though. Did you catch that little get away, the whole attacking one of the teacher's Pokémon?"

Her brows knitted together and a new, genuine look of curiosity appeared. "Odd question, but did you perhaps notice the-" Her head turned to side to see another student knocking on doors a few feet away. She waved the question away with a hand, now distracted by the odd behavior. "Nevermind, nevermind

Piper knocked on the last door.
"Hello?" She asked.
"I don't know if anybody is home, but I was wondering if you would like to come running with me." She said through the door.

Mocha proceeded to reinact her battle before the explosion to Jo "AND THEN IT WAS ALL LIKE, BOOM CRUMBLE CRUMBLE CRACK SMACK!" Mochas body jerked violently as she described the sounds the building made.

"My legs took it from there, they safely sprinted me out the bulding. In situations like that you must remain calm." Mocha flashbacked to her flailing her arms and screeching when she was running.

"Or try to."

"Guess not." Piper headed out to the Safari Zone to go run.
"Let's go guys." When they got to the Safari Zone Piper looked around for a bit and found a flat area.
"Ready, go!" Piper ran for about an hour and was drenched in sweat.
"Okay team, I think we deserve a break." She was a little out of breath as she walked to the Cafeteria.

Having dressed himself and feeling much better Alan decided it was time for more training.

"Theres only one way to spend a day off" he said patting Grovyle and Vulpix on the head "anybody guess what that is??" The Pokémon cocked their heads to the side, expecting an answer "training!" The fledgling Pokémon trainer cheered to them. Returning the three Pokémon to their balls and fixing them to his belt.

It was a short walk back to the Safari Area from the boys dorm and as he walked he continued to search for his classmates.

After gorging on various sweets and such Piper headed back to the Safari Zone hoping to get some training in.
"Okay guys, let's go train." She said as she recalled her previous battle.
"Ralts, Bagon, Swinub, return." Her Pokemon immediately vanished into their Pokeballs.

Releasing his Pokémon Alan noticed a person heading back towards the Safari Area.

After waving to her he returned to his training "Charmander Grovyle. You two are up first. We're working in close range attack today, so I want you to fight with nothing but leafblade and Metal claw"

(My last post of the day.)
Piper waved back and got to work in the trees.
"Okay guys, we are going to be working on speed." Her eyes narrowed and started running up the trees with her Pokemon.
"Ralts, boost Swinub to the next branch, then Bagon you run in front of them block anything in their way." Piper followed closely behind, hoping from branch to branch, in case someone fell.

The young trainer followed his skipping Pokemon through the doors of the dorm and into a small little courtyard with a fountain in the middle. Larvitar was always energetic even in the early hours of the day. Abra was not so much as skipping then being dragged along. On the other side of the fountain the female dorms sat across from the male dorms. Larvitar walked over to the water trying to beckon Michael to release Feebas. Abra had given small sounds of encouragement. "Wait till we get to the lake there will be more room for him." Michael replied had he had continued on his quest for food.

(I'm not that active, I'm really ill so it's hard to type. Forgive me)
"Eevee? Can we head to the lake?" Jaxon said. His Eevee was sitting by the window completely ignoring him. "Now what?"
"Ee! Eevee!"
"Oh, you think I don't appreciate the other Pokemon? Well I do! I'll bring them,"
An hour later, they arrived at the lake. It was much more gloomier this time, but Shinx, Larvitar and Eevee played merrily. Jaxon, on the other hand, was busy observing algae that had been sitting at the bank somehow.
"Larvitar! Can you sense anything? Algae is meant to be at the bottom of a lake, but it wasn't. I think it might have to do with the explosion," Jaxon said.

Alan'a Pokémon sprang into action as he texted his contact to meet him the the Safari Area. Grovyle' newly evolved power proving to be more than a match for Charmander's super-effective typing.
Alan watched with keen interest as the little fire Pokémon was sent tumbling through the dirt by a deflected strike

"he's faster than you Charmander" Alan reminded him Pokémon" so you can't charge him head on "wait for an opening and take it"

Charmander sturdied its resolve locking its little feet In the ground. Sure enough Grovyle began its assault. Blades of grass type energy adorning beach arm he began to pummel charmander's defences. The little fire Pokémon hung tough and when it came time to counter attack something different happened. With fire in it's eyes the Charmander spotted an opening a Grovyles defences unleashing a powerful Dragon Claw attack sending the grass type flying into a nearby tree.

"That's enough! Both of you" Alan called to his Pokémon as they began to square up again the two Pokémon approached their trainer and received medication out of his bag "good job both of you, its thanks to your hard work that Charmander learned a new move" he smiled at his two Pokémon.

Joey was too distracted by the girl knocking on the dorm doors to pay much attention to Mocha. She squinted as she retreated after having no luck tracking down a running partner although she stood in the hallway with her roommate. Josephine was not used to this. She came from a small town, a quiet town, a respectable town bound in clear and defined social expectations. This was strange indeed.

"..BOOM CRUMBLE CRUMBLE.."

She reeled back in surprise from the sudden noises from Mocha and regained her focus on her once more. The trainer smiled sheepishly in response. The advice given made her recall her fear and she felt a twinge of shame. It was a moment of regret, but honestly who wouldn't be overwhelming fear when a building explodes. No, on second though why should she feel ashamed for her response.

"Do you like the library? Maybe the lake? There's gotta be something fun around here."

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
After eating a good breakfast with his Pokemon, Matthew began to walk outside. He wondered where there was a good spot to train on the campus considering they couldn't use the main building's rooftop area. He was walking on a pathway when he saw a sign up ahead. "Safari area." he said.He looked in the direction of the area and eyed it closely. He saw the trees rustle and shake, "Someone's in there. Alright!" he said happily as he took off, running towards the area.

Upon entering the Safari area he spotted another trainer who had a Grovyle and Charmander. "It's that guy from Doubles class. Alan..I think was his name." he said to himself. The boy shrugged and approached the trainer who he recognized as his fellow year one classmate. "What's up Alan...I think was your name. It's me again, Matthew from class." he said nicely.

"Hello Mathew" Alan said as he walked over to his classmate "I was wondering if I would run into anyone else out here, how are you feeling after yesterday. Did all your Pokémon make it out ok?" The boy sounded genuinely concerned.

"I-" she pauses as she raises her finger. She remembers the Librarian getting mad at her for playing around... Her finger went down and she squinted slightly in frustration "I'd prefer the lake..."

Mocha pulled out a Pokeball "Buneary lets go!" Buneary appeared from the Pokeball and hopped on Mocha's shoulder "This is my partner Buneary."

After running through the trees for multiple hours, Piper nor her Pokemon were worn out.
"Good Job guys, you think you are ready for hand to hand combat?" Piper grinned.
"Ralts! Swinub. BAGON!!!" She laughed and took that as a yes.
"Swinub, you use earthquake, Ralts, Shadowball!" They battled and battled until sunset.
"I am so proud of all of you." Piper looked proudly upon Pokemon, and her newly evolve Kirla.

His Larvitar pointed to the east.
"Hm...Larvitar, I think we'll have to tell someone, later. Why don't you and Shinx battle?"
"Tar, larvitar!"
Shinx, wary of his surroundings, ran towards the lake. He then snarled, using his ability Intimidate, but Larvitar ran towards Shinx and used Brick Break. Shinx staggered but managed to get up again. Shinx then used Quick Attack, weakening Larvitar a lot. When Larvitar tried to get up, Shinx used Tackle, then shone a white light, evolved into Luxio and learnt Bite. It finished off Larvitar quickly.

"Alright Charmander, today it's your turn to work hard" Alan smiled at the little fire Pokémon who only managed to look worried. "Grovyle, Charmander. It's time for a match!" Alan called to his Pokémon as they assumed their positions in front of him. Alan had a seat against a nearby tree as the Pokémon began to fight, taking notes on his pokemon's behavior.

Grovyle was keeping Charmander on the defensive with a barrage of bullet seeds. Though each shot was burnt down by charmander's ember attack Charmander was unable to find an opening to counter strike, and was running out of steam. "You're gonna need more power than that behind your attacks Charmander" Alan called to the struggling Pokémon. Charmander readied itself as Grovyle charged in with a leaf blade attack dodging embers with horizontal dashes. The first leafs blade strike was blocked with a metal claw attack which was promptly followed by a dragon claw from Charmander staggering Grovyle. Charmander pressed its advantage releasing a searing close range ember attack onto the dazed Pokémon. Grovyle rolled back to try and regain its advantage but by then Charmander was on a roll. Pursuing the fleeing gras Pokémon with gusto. A flurry of dragon and metal claw attacks ravaged the grassy plane where they were fighting. Suddenly Charmander began to glow. The harder it fought the brighter it would glow until the glowing became so intense that Alan had to shield his eyes. When he removed his hands from his eyes he saw that Charmander too have evolved, now standing over a fainted Grovyle. Running first to his injured Pokémon Alan gave Grovyle a revive and returned him to his ball after thanking him for his hard work. Next he tackled charmeleon praising the fire Pokémon for his new found strength as the pair rolled in the dirt.

(No, I'm just really busy)
"Good job Luxio!" He went over to his newly evolved Luxio and started feeding it. I think we should find someone. He ran over to the the Safari area in hopes of finding someone.
"Hello? Anyone? I've found a clue on how to find the evil team!"

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew smiled nicely, "Yeah we all got out okay thanks for asking. I can see you wasted no time in getting right back into training even without the classes. Judging by the fact that your Treeko evolved into Grovyle I'd say your work is paying off." he said. "Even your Charmander has evolved into Charmeleon. Very nice." he said with a smile. He felt like maybe he should battle this guy and see if he could get some good training in. The boy smirked, "Say, if your Pokemon are good to go then maybe we could have a battle?" he suggested to the other trainer.