• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Battle Tech University

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Genius. He used the cover of the sandstorm to deal massive damage to his opponents." he said with a smirk. Matthew didn't know how much longer he could wait to battle these guys. "Man maybe I can catch them after class sometime." he said with a smile. "Would you like that Chimchar?" he asked his partner who smiled and nodded.

"Larvitar dodge that absorb. Feebas this is it use Flail." Michael shouted at his pokemon. Yes Feebas was not strong but he knew how to hold on. Feebas started flop quicker and moved towards the charging Charmander. Larvitar ran through the the sandstorm trying to avoid the absorb. But it did not work. She was hit and her energy was transfered to the Treeko. "Hang in there Larvitar. Use bite on Treeko." Michael shouted towards his pokemon.

"It's coming in close Treeko, hit him with another absorb, close range. Charmander forget the fish, dragon rage on Larvitar!!" Alan conducts his Pokémon adjusting to his opponents change in tactic

"Feebas stay on Charmander. Larvitar keep on Treeko." Michael said to his pokemon. That was it. Larvitar was not going to survive the onslaught and even if Feebas had taken out Charmander, he would never have stood a chance against Treeko. Larvitar was hit by Treeko's absorb and she fell to the floor, knocked out. Feebas did one final flop headed for Charmander.

Last edited:
"Alright! I've seen enough!" Professor Sakura shouts once again stepping in between the agitated Pokémon "excellent battle both of you!" She coos leaning forward on her knees "you both pass, congratulations" she then tosses Mike a max revive for his Pokémon and calls for the next competitors to step forward.

Feebas had fallen short of Charmander and hit the ground hard, which knocked him out. At the Professor's statement, Michael ran up to his Pokemon and had given them the revives he just received. "You guys were amazing. Larvitar you were so strong and quick. And Feebas you hanged in and chased after Charmander with amazing speed." Michael said praising his pokemon. After a kiss and a pat on Feebas, Michael returned him to his pokeball. Larvitar did not want to return to her ball so Michael left her out. "That was a good battle Alan." Michael said extending his arm for a handshake, his hands shaking. His nerves had been on edge the entire fight and after the fight he felt drained.

Returning his Pokémon
"Nice fight Mike" Alan returned the compliment walking away from the field with his roommate "are you alright Larvitar" he asked the little Pokémon patting it on the head.

"Larvi." Larvitar said conveying joy, a smile adorned on her face. She continued to dance around Michael's feet as they headed for the bleachers. "She loves to battle." Michael remarked staring at the dancing pokemon. Michael hoped he looked impressive to people so he would not be singled out later but he also hoped that, even though he highly doubted it, he was not singled out for being strong.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew smiled at the boy with the dancing Larvitar who was coming up the bleachers. "Nice battle man. You and your opponent were both amazing." he said with a smile. Chimchar waved excitingly at Larvitar.

"I think you could have beaten one of our classmates if you had been willing to try" Alan remarked taking a seat on the bleachers by his friend.

Shifting a moment to get comfortable Alan pulled a pokeball from his pocket. Releasing his golden Vulpix onto his lap and brandishing his brush from his backpack. Alan the. Began to meticulously groom the little fox.

"Uhh thank you." Michael said to the boy on the bleachers. He stumbled a little on his words when he addressed the boy. Larvitar returned the wave to the Chimchar and continued on dancing for a bit before sitting next to Michael on the bleachers. Michael looked at Alan with disbelief. "Sure I could have." Michael said trying to be sarcastic but ended up mumbling to much. Michael just looked over to Larvitar who had reached over his shoulder trying to fix the flowers in his hair.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew smiled and climbed up the bleachers farther to introduce himself to the duo that had just finished their battle. He sat on the step below theirs and smiled, "It really was a great battle. By the way my name's Matthew and this is Chimchar." he said with a smile. The boy hadn't been much for classes but he always liked to make friends.

Mocha peaked in through the door windows where everyone else was and then squatted a little bit so Buneary could get a good view too. "Wonder if we're allowed..."

"Bun..." Buneary remarked... "Looks coo- AGH!" The door swung open causing Mocha to fall on her face and making Buneary summersault off her head and into the bottom seat of the bleachers.

"Hello Mathew, my name is Alan. It's nice to meet you as well" Alan was feeling fully rejuvenated after his battle, all the sickness from this morning's hangover having been forgotten

"I am Michael. Thank you, Alan really is a strong trainer." Michael said trying to draw the attention away from himself. He started to fidget with his hands and looked at Larvitar playing on the bleachers. Michael jumped at the sound and sight of a person who just fell over.

Noticing the girl tumbling onto the roof Alan sets vulpix down and walks over to help her up. "Are you alright" he asks offering her his hand "running a little late aren't you?"

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew watched the girl flop on her face into the classroom and smiled sheepishly, "Well I guess this school is full of all kinds of people." he said while scratching the back of his head.

Mocha looks up at the hand but dusts herself off and stands up on her own before taking a deep inhale through her nostrils "I'm fine! Thank you for asking!" Buneary face palmed.

Michael chuckled a little at Matthew's comment. He was just glad it was not him who fell. He still felt bad for her though, that would have destroyed him.

"I skipped first hour, so I don't k ow any of you yet. My name's Alan" Alan introduces himself the the clumsy girl and Vulpix walked over to sniff bunnery and say hello

"And too be quite honest I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be here but it looked fun!" She shouted in his face "Also I don't know why I'm shouting-" she cleared her thrust and spoke in her normal tone "I'm Mocha." Buneary jumped up onto her head and Mocha pointed at her "This is Buneary"

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Hey Mocha, the name's Matthew." he said. The boy waved from where he was sitting on the bleachers and smiled. Chimchar bounded over to her Buneary and smiled, waving at the rabbit.

He then turned to the boy who laughed at his previous comment, "I never caught your name either. Mind telling me?" he asked nicely.

Mocha bent over and reached into her boot sticking her tongue out as she tried to grab something "Aha!" She pulled out a folded piece of paper and unwrapped it reading "Second period.... Aw heck yeah! This is my class... I think???" She tilted her head as if it would effect the way she read it to clarify her case.

Michael gave a small wave with Matthew towards Mocha. Larvitar gave a wave more out of instinct because she had been busy arranging the flowers she took out of Michael's hair. "Uhh it is Michael." He said to Matthew, his voice shaking a bit.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"That would be me." the boy said, raising his hand. He smiled back at Mocha and began to look around for Chimchar. "Where did he...?" the boy's voice trailed off as he spotted his partner standing next to Mocha's Buneary. "Yo Chimchar. We're gonna have a battle so come on." he said, calling over his Pokemon. The fire monkey scurried over to it's trainer and smiled.

Mocha bellowed like a lumberjack "MEEEEEEE!" Still aggressively waving her hands she shouted in her normal tone "Me me me me me me me" Buneary tried covering Mocha's mouth for being loud and obnoxious.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"I'm her opponent." he said calmly with a smile. Chimchar perched himself on Matthew's shoulder as the boy began to walk down the bleachers towards the field. "This is gonna be fun." he told himself.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
The boy shivered when Mocha let out her devilish tone. "She's scary..." he said to Chimchar quietly as the two looked at one another with fear. They then both swallowed hard before refocusing on the battle. "Alright when do we start?" he asked, excited to battle this girl.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew thought for a quick moment before smirking. "Alright how about this." he said. He tossed out a Pokeball and out came a Mareep. He then tapped his shoulder and Chimchar too, leaped onto the battlefield to join Mareep. "That'll do it for me." he said with a smile.

Having had enough of this class Alan discreetly makes for the exit from the rooftop classroom, hoping to find the yellow haired girl from earlier that morning.

Joey's fiery expression seemed to be extinguished at the realization of her mistake. She frowned, furrowed her bushy eyebrows, and withdrew the pokemon from the fight.

"Poocheyna, come out, Oddish, get in there!"

Her eyes followed the unusal battle tactic then drifted to the trainer. She took this as a display of experience. Was she really so far outmatched on her first battle here? She gritted her teeth as her mind came up empty on anything as equally exotic. Growlithe just had to be fast enough. She drew up her hand and relaxed her balled up fist then pointed at her moving target.

"Use ember on that sandshrew, Growlithe!"

Last edited:
Thanks to the newly ensuing battle no one seemed to notice Alan slipping through the doorway, or if they did notice they didn't seem to care "I wonder if she got lost again" Alan asks his little fox Pokémon as he lifts her off the ground. The Pokémon just cocks it's head to the side as the pair begins to make their way down the buildings central staircase.