• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Battle Tech University

"Larvitar, use Dragon Dance! Its an egg move so you should most likely know it!" Jaxon said. He wasn't paying attention but he was still scribbling in his notebook. "Now Eevee, be careful and just start dancing, like when you do when you're happy. Trust me."

"Now Eevee, use Swift and start surfing on the stars both of you! Larvitar use Dragon Dance again!" Jaxon was writing down still and flicking back and forth. It seemed as if he was lost in a different realm.

Piper was utterly confused.
"Since when can you do that?!" Piper thought to herself as she saw Eevee riding on stars.
"Okay, Swinub, do NOT let Larvitar use Dragon dance again, Dodge Eevee, and use Ice shard on Larvitar." Piper looked at Bagon a bit too late, he was hit with swift.
"Ouch, Bagon, use Dragon breath on Eevee!"

"Eevee try and use your tail to reduce damage!" Eevee's health fell a bit. "..Now, Eevee use Double Team! Larvitar, trap yourself using Rock Tomb, Eevees, dance around the tomb on those stars! Trainer, that Bagon can faint if I hit it again so I suggest you use Swinub for coverage,"

"Eevees use Yawn! Now Larvitar thaw out..3...2..1... use Brick Break! To the left." He said this in such a small whisper it was hard to figure out what he was saying. But nonetheless, the Eevees used Yawn.

"Two of the Eevees jump into the attacks! The rest of you guys just jump onto the floating stars!" He didn't look up, instead he looked at the clock. "Lunch soon,"
(I'll be afk)

Josephine scrunched up her toes in large, distressed brown boots. Despite wearing thick wool socks her feet went cold and she tightened her grasp around the poocheyna just enough for it to grow uncomfortable and wake.

Were they going to push their Pokémon until they faint? Was that a requirement? She only fought so far as they could take, afterwards they'd toss her a pitiful look and that would be it - game over.

She took a quick glance at the other students, were they concerned at all? Perhaps she was overreacting, maybe everything would be just fine.

Last edited:
Piper flinched as her Bagon was almost fainted.
"I forfeit the match.. I can't battle anymore." Piper stepped down off the field and went to heal her Pokemon.
"It's gonna be okay guys, don't worry." She couldn't bare to see her Pokemon in so much pain.

"I've seen enough you two" professor Sakura called out to the two trainers as she stepped in between the battling Pokémon "you are both quite talented, soooo. You pass!" The young woman says winking and throwing up the peace sign. "So who's next" she giggles

Piper heard that she had passed.
"Huh? Really?! That's great!" Piper thanked the Professor and went to check with Nurse Joy to see her Pokemon.
"You guys did great out there!" Piper hugged her Pokemon.

Jaxon ran into the trainer he had battled with, carrying so many books that you couldn't see him.
"Oops! Sorry, did I hurt you?" he said, managing to keep balance. His Eevee was rummaging in his backpack for Potions.

"They're fine. I'm not really a champion, I just wanted to intimidate you," Jaxon said. "I managed to get quite a lot of notes from our battle. I'm just heading to the cafeteria - I've made chocolate Pokepuffs for my Pokemon and Malasadas for myself. Care to join me?"

"What?! Well, you could have had me fooled." Piper laughed.
"Sure, I could eat, oh, I want you to meet the final member of my team." Piper sent Ralts out.
"This is my last Pokemon. I was hoping to catch more before I came here, but I didn't have time." She said.

Ben was relieved that he'd survived his late arrival and kept to himself quietly shrunk in the back. His next class, doubles, seemed to have a much friendlier professor. Never the overly ambitious one, Ben hovered around the back watching the battle. He'd actually had a fairly high ranking coming in. The fact that he'd only lost 3-2 against a fighting team was probably what had made him stand out. As the battle ended, it didn't seem anyone else was jumping to volunteer. After a couple moments of awkward silence, he meekly raised his hand. Might as well get it over with. Seemed that if you battled, you got to leave early anyway.

"Professor, I'll go, but I haven't got a partner."

Piper was delighted to not wait in a long line.
"These are amazing." Piper said in between bites.
Piper almost squealed.
"OMG I LOVE SHINX!" Piper said.
"They are like my favorite electric types!"

At Home "Well I guess today is my first day!" He Would Drink his tea "Here Pooch Drink some!" Pooch Sipped and it turnt Black "You can have the rest!"He was Suprised "Is there something wrong?"He exits the area on the way to School "Almost there Pooch!" They arrived "Before we go in Pooch let's battle Charmander Come out!" The 1 vs 1 battle "Pooch use Tackle!" Somehow Charmander Turned Black and Fainted something is strange "Huh?"
To be Continued

She was hesitant at first, her heart drumming inside her chest even though the stress of failure had lessened due to the reassurance that her Pokémon would be safe. A gruff snort from the poocheyna, who was wriggling in her arms almost willing to show off, shook her senses and with a rush of bravery her arm shot up and waved back and forth.

"I'll be your partner! Right here, yes me!"

"Sounds great to me! Alola! Name's Ben," Ben said cheerfully. Reaching for his belt he tossed out his Cranidos and Alolan Sandshrew. "And this is Domer and Puck! We're ready when you are!"

Domer, the showboat flexed his muscles and gave a little roar. Puck pensively rocked back and forth on his curved back.

Joey's warm smile split into a broad grin as the other, Ben to be exact, accepted her as a battle partner. She half skipped towards him then dipped down and set an enthusiastic Pokémon down.

Interest lit up like a flame as one by one her rival's Pokémon were introduced. She was trying to remember their weaknesses. "This is Poocheyna." She announced, gesturing down towards him before she grabbed the two pokeballs on her belt. Out sprung two equally eager Pokémon. "And these two are Growlithe and Oddish!" Her hands retreated to her hips and she stood up straight, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. Fear was replaced by pride and determination.

She looked up at the teacher and nodded fiercely. "Growlithe, Poocheyna, you're up."

(Idk what's happening but oh well I'll post)

Last edited:
"Feebas dodge. Larvitar use rock slide." Michael shouts. Feebas tried to flop out of the way but was not fast enough. The bullet seed hitting him hard. "Feebas!" Michael shouted in fear. Larvitar notices Feebas in distress and uses Rock slide like she was asked. A portal opened in the sky and rocks came powering out at Charmander.

Last edited:
Ben quickly racked his mind. Growlithe would be a problem for Puck, but Domer should be able to handle it. Poochyena might have some surprises, but it shouldn't be much of a problem. Ben furrowed his brow. Why hadn't Sova picked Oddish to take on Domer? Regardless, taking out the Growlithe and keeping Puck going would be priority number one.

"I guess I'll start things off! Domer use Rock Polish! Puck, Ice Ball the field! Both of you get moving!"

Domer's head began glowing and he bounced back and forth on his feet, each bounce happening faster and faster. Puck fired off a series of ice balls and patchily coat the field with ice. As this happened Domer moved quickly and pushed Puck off causing him to slide around on his belly and using various protrusions to quickly change direction. Normally Sandshrew aren't very fast, but this was the only way to hopefully avoid the Growlithe. Domer leaped on top of Puck as they slid to the left of Growlithe and Poochyena.

"Cit through those rocks with your metal claws Charmander, treeko keep the pressure off Charmander, bullet seed on that larvitar"
The Pokémon respond immediately to their orders. Charmander taking minimal damage from the rock shrapnel and treeko launching a barrage of glowing seeds at Larvitar.

"Larvitar dodge those bullet seeds and use Sandstorm." Michael shouts to Larvitar. This was how most his fights went, everything depending on Larvitar. Larvitar uses sandstorm. The sand on the ground shot up engulfing the battlefield. As the bullet seeds raced for him Larvitar jumped out of the way with ease. Her actions started to become quicker and more smooth. 'Her ability sand veil will get us through this.' Michael thought to himself. "Feebas just hang in there." Michael tried to comfort him. Because he was a water type sandstorm would not be too harmful for him.

"Don't take your opponent lightly, he's out friend but we won't be able to face him later if you take it easy!" Alan shouts as his Pokémon as they brace themselves for the sandstorm "let's turn it up! Charmander rush Larvitar with metal claw Treeko, if it tries to dodge blast it with a bullet seed!"

"Larvitar use Rock Slide one more time. Watch out for Treeko. Feebas hold on for a little longer." Michael shouts to his pokemon. He needs to get rid of Treeko if he even wants the chance of looking like an actual trainer. Larvitar once again used Rock Slide and rocks rained down the sandstorm hiding them until the last second before they hit the ground.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, kids.
First of all, all y'all read the rules. Pure OOC blather does not belong in the RP forums - keep that to discussion threads and/or private conversations, if they are needed at all. OOC comments attached to a post with actual RP content is fine. Otherwise, no. Also, posts should be third person, PAST tense, not PRESENT tense as some of you appear to be continuously doing.

Lastly - don't minimod. If you see a violation of the RP forum rules, do not tell the offender off - you have no authority to do so. You may contact them privately and explain things, but do not clutter the thread and don't act patronizing. Report the violators, staff will handle it. The issue with the person who seems to have failed to understand what is going on and confused everyone else has been handled by their post being removed - if any other problems exist with them, report them.

Carry on.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew sat in the stadium smiling at the battle. "This guy is strong, and so is the other one." he said, getting excited over the double battle. Matthew was just like anyone else. He simply wanted to become a better trainer than what he was. He saw an opportunity to go to Battle Tech and quickly took it. With his family's full support he quickly breezed past the written exam but struggled a little in the tournament. After barely scraping by thanks to an unexpected explosion of energy from Chimchar the boy decided to practice more because he knew that there would be no way to make it in this school if he just went through the year doing things half way. "I'll have to meet those guys sometime." he said, looking over at Chimchar who nodded in agreement.

Not being able to see the rockslide due to the sandstorm both Pokémon took damage from the attack, with Charmander worse off Treeko was sent on the offense"take it right back from him Treeko, absorb!!"

Allowing Charmander a moment to regain its composure"Charmander use metal claw on febas, finish that fish!"

"I guess to forgot to mention when you met me Matt, I finished top of the class in that tournament"

Last edited: