• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Battle Tech University

"I'm just a little..no.. a lot hung over" the boy confesses "but I'll survive, there's no missing this class Professor Larch is know for being incredibly strict"

"Health is more important." Rially sternly pointed out. "You should take the day off. Especially if you feel like your going to throw up." Rially said, as she tried to guide him inside, and back to the boys dorms. "I will gladly take off the day to care for you." Rially joked, as she pat the boy on the back. Rially had just met the boy, not even figured his name, and already started to harness a crush, by his looks.

"Which one's your room?" Rially asked, as she led him down a hall. Rially wasn't sure what this boy had gotten himself into, but Rially was going to make sure he felt better soon.

"227, second floor" Alaninformed the helpful girl, sliding the room key out of his back pocket. 'What am I getting myself into, he thought to himself, I've just met this person'

Last edited:
Rially took the key, and went up another flight of stairs. She walked down the hall, until she saw the number, '227'. She slid the key into the lock, and clicked it open, and Rially helped the boy into bed. "Now you stay here, while I go get a bucket." Rially said, as she left him in the bed for a minute. When she came back, bucket in hand, she set the bucket on the floor. "Now don't eat that much, just limit you options to Gatorade, toast, and chicken noodle soup." Rially said, informatively. "And I'm Rially by the way." the girl said, then giving Kasper back his keys, and heading out the door. With that Rially went to class.

Alan decided that he'd come this far, it couldn't hurt too much to sleep until second period. Releasing his Pokémon back into the room. "regional studies sounds boring anyways" he explains to them before setting an alarm on his phone and pulling the covers over his head.

Rially headed over to her regional studies class, taking her seat, and trying to keep her long hair in her personal space. "Alright, students." The teacher started. Rially started to think, that maybe this school wasn't going to be so bad after all. Rially didn't know what regional studies are, but she could try.

"Welcome to regional studies" the professor drones voice devoid of enthusiasm he is a rather chubby balding man wearing a tweed jacket and slacks with suspenders "my name is professor Larch, and though this is my first year teaching year one students I have no intentions of changing my teaching style. You will have lecture on Monday and Wednesday followed by an exam on Friday. This schedule will not change. If you are late to class on exam day, you will not be permitted to enter the classroom and will receive a zero score. Remember that your classroom grades directly effect your school ranking, it is not enough to be a strong battler you must be a well rounded trainer if you wish to excel here"

With his introduction finished he projected and image of the planet onto the screen behind him "the topics of study in this class include but are not limited to. Local species of Pokémon, regional gym leaders, landmarks, cities, and geography. We will cover a single region every three weeks after which you will have a weighted exam on the course material"

"NOw does anyone have any questions?"

Rially didn't know wether to tell this man he was crazy, and get killed, or to shut up, and live with it. The second choice sounded better to her. Rially shook her head at the teacher, referring to the fact she had no questions.

Ben hazily opened his eyes. The sun was shining through the window of his single directly onto his face. His Cranidos, Domer, and Rockruff, Lady were cuddled up next to him. On the floor was his Alolan Sandshrew, Puck. He yawned and stretched his arms as he glanced at the clock. And with that a sudden weight crashed onto him. It was 8:15. He was late.

Cursing he flung his comforter off, waking up Domer and Lady. Domer rolled off the bed, while Lady gracefully leaped to the ground. Puck looked up curiously as Ben threw on his shirt (inside-out) and struggled with a pair of jeans.

"This is still your fault Domes! If it we'd gone to bed early like I wanted, there's no way this would've happened." Domer looked away guiltily as Ben pulled the three back into their balls. The entire lot of them were still adjusting from Alola time. They'd simply been fortunate that none of the earlier events had taken place before noon.

Ben grabbed a pair of flip flops, and threw them in his bag. There was no way he'd be sprinting in those. Luckily, he was fairly in shape. He loudly crashed through the second floor running to the stairs and leaped down four steps at a time. The moving sidewalks would certainly help his mad dash to making a bad first impression. He sprinted down one, turning onto another. Ben's stomach rumbled. No breakfast and an early morning sprint probably weren't helping. The building was a few hundred metres ahead. As he stepped off the last sidewalk he threw a pokeball in the air, "Puck! Use ice ball!" Midair, Puck fired a stream of ice balls. Puck landed on his belly in front of Ben, who pushed off then hopped onto Puck's back. As they slid forward, Puck periodically shot off more patches of ice for them to glide on. A few metres short of the front door, Ben hopped back off, "Good job! Return!" And Puck returned to his ball.

The brief ride had at least allowed Ben to regain his breath. He bounded up the stairs and stopped right before the classroom door. He slowly cracked the door and tried to slip into the classroom right as he heard, "Now does anyone have any questions?"

At his roommate's request Michael left for the cafeteria after making sure the door was locked. The cafeteria was a large building that was semi-buffet with a few stalls you could order from. Michael grab himself some cereal and some moo milk and got some more Pokepuffs for Larvitar who was especially hungry this morning. Michael kept worrying about Alan, if he had made it to class already.
After he finished up breakfast around 8 a.m. he headed for his first class. He was fairly early compared to everyone else and he was able to get a seat in the back but still in the middle, that blind spot for teachers when they ask questions. Michael really did not like confrontation and didn't want other trainers to notice it is him. He had barely made it into the school and did not want people to know.
Michael looked around the room for Alan but could not find him. 'Is he okay?' Michael kept asking himself not noticing that the seat he was going save was just taken. By a girl with really long hair that Michael found a little weird,not bad just unusual. Once the professor start talking Michael just focused he didn't want to be called out for daydream. When he asks if anyone had any questions, Michael just shook his head no and worried about Alan.

"Would the trainer in the hallway please join the rest of the class" the teacher said with a scowl towards the slightly ajar door "late on the first day, hopefully you don't make a habit of this." Without missing a beat the teacher proceeds into an in depth lecture on the geography of the Unova Region

Last edited:
Piper woke up and got dressed.
"Come on guys, let's go to class." She walked lazily down the hall, not caring if she was late, she didn't even want to be here.
"Could this day get anymore boring?" She mumbled to herself as she took a seat next to a boy with brown curly hair.
"What were you guys talking about before I got here, I do not want to fail this test." She asked him hoping to be informed.

Last edited:
Michael looked towards the the door hoping it was Alan. It was not. "We were talking about the geography of Unova." Michael whispered to the new girl. His voice staggering a bit.

"Thanks." Piper whispered back to the boy. She smiled a bit noticing how shy he was.
"Geography of Unova. Great." She thought to herself.
"I know nothing about this." Piper whispered just barley audible.
"This is what I get for not traveling outside of Kanto." Piper was flustered at how much she didn't know as the class went on.

Michael did not hear the girls comment, his attention on taking notes. He scribbled down almost everything Professor Larch was preaching. If he was not going to do well in battles his only option was to excel in his academics if he wanted to stay in the school.

As soon as the lesson ended Piper bolted out of the room and headed for the Cafeteria.
"God, I am starving." Piper said as she got in line for lunch.
"What do you guys want?" She asked her Pokemon.
"Bagon! (EVERYTHING)"
"Ralts. (Anything is fine.)"
"Swinub?!( Didn't we just eat?)"
"Okay. I am getting sandwiches for us, sound good?" She didn't wait for an answer.

Jaxon ran out of the classroom with a huge stack of notes and books.
"Eevee, what are you doing on those books?"
"Eevee..."
"Oh, thanks then."
Jaxon decided to go to the library.
"Hello, ma'am. Could I have a look around?"
"Sure. Just don't get that small backpack too full,"
A couple hours later.
"Come on Eevee, we're almost there!"

Piper headed out of the Cafeteria and went to the Battle Complex to see if there was anybody willing to battle.
"Are you guys ready to battle if we see anybody?" She let her Pokemon out to walk with her.
"Ralts!" The Pokemon nodded her head.
"Good." Piper continued walking.

Waking up to the sound of his alarm Alan rolled out of bed for the second time today. Still not feeling great, but much better than earlier this morning. Second period. He starting in nearly half an hour , He had plenty of time. Checking the schedule on his nightstand he saw that second period what's double battles with Professor Sakura. Returning his Pokémon to their balls he decided to brush his teeth before heading down to the cafeteria " I suppose this means no orange juice " he said to himself before selecting an egg sandwich from the buffet line And heading off towards the school.
Double's class was to be held on the rooftop Pokémon Field of the educational building. Arriving nearly 15 minutes early he was one of the first students there. Finishing his egg sandwich he scanned the rooftop for his professor spying busty attractive young woman with pink hair Speaking to a small group of students that had arrived earlier than him. He had a seat against The green chain-link fence enclosing the rooftop area Alan waited for the other trainers to arrive

Michael had left his first period after he gathered his things. He spent the pass time between classes by the lake with Feebas and his pokemon. Larvitar had gathered flowers for Michael, which she put in his hair. At the announcement about second period Michael walked to class. He was nervous. The next class was double battles and he did not want to battle anyone.

"Great, not enough time." Piper frowned an headed to her next class.
" Are you stalking the teacher's?" Piper teased a trainer who was looking at a some Professors.
"I'm Piper by the way, and you?" She extended her hand.

Michael noticed Alan when he arrived to the pokemon field. He also noticed the girl from first period talking with him. He shyly walked over towards Alan. His Larvitar dancing around his feet.

"Alan" the boy said brushing her hand aside "and no, I'm just waiting for class to start"

He stands up brushing the dirt from his pants and taking down the hood of his red sweater reveling pale skin and ear length black hair streaked with blue on the right side.

Piper held her anger in at the action Alan displayed, and turned to look at the Larvitar.
"AAWwww!" Her eyes lit up.
"Can I pet her?" Piper asked the Trainer from first Period.

Piper lost it.
"Okay, what is your problem?" She asked.
"I am trying to make new friends here, I don't want be a weird loner kid. And you are being a butt about it, all I asked is if I could pet his Larvitar, it reminds me of home where I actually had a life." Piper was steaming so she left to calm down.

"I'm sorry" Alan says scratching the back of his head realizing how rude he was being "it was a bit of a rough night and I'm not feeling too well"

"Uhh sure. I guess." Michael mumbled to the girl. Larvitar was excited by the attention she was receiving. She waddled over to the girl and danced around her feet. "Hey Alan." Michael says taking a seat next to him."Are you doing better?" Michael asks. At the outburst Michael just stayed quiet looking at his hands.

"Yeah I ran into some girl and she forced me to go back to bed, practically carried me there. Pale, long yellow hair. Maybe you've seen her name was Ri-something" Alan replies engaging in conversation

"Hi Larvitar." Piper said rubbing her face.
" I am sorry I yelled at your Friend." She got up and apologized.
"I'm sorry for getting angry. I have rough days too. And I get angry a lot as well. Just try to not trigger me next time." Piper left to find some place to be alone.

"Ya I sat with her in first period." Michael says picking up Larvitar, who was sad that the girl left. "Do you think we are going to battle on the first day?" Michael asks.

Michael's heart dropped. He knew this moment was going to happen but he wished somehow he would not. "Could you be my partner if we get to pick." Michael asks hoping to get an advantage.

"Come on out guys." She threw the Pokeballs and her Pokemon came out.
"I hope we battle today." Piper had an internal fire burning, waiting to battle.
"Excuse me, are we going to be battling today?" She asked Professor Sakura.

"Actually you all have an exam today!" She says cheerfully "an assessment on your battle abilities. Everyone if I could have your attention please! Welcome to Doubles Class. I am Professor Sakura. Could each of you please break into pairs"