• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Battle Royal At The SS Anne: Fight For The Buffet!

(OOC: The discussion thread is here if you need it.)

Riley Spencer threw her phone back onto the bed in her room in frustration, the display informing her that it was 9:03am. She refocused her good eye back on the light on the ceiling in the tiny cabin, wishing that time would speed up. Waiting, knowing she was about to battle, was just nerve wracking. She just wanted to get in there, to enjoy the adrenaline that battle’s provided, the gamble of investing so much in something she could so easily lose. Just this aimless waiting was driving her nuts.

With a sigh she pulled herself up, and picked up the pamphlet she’d been given by the staff when she’d signed up for this tournament. It looked similar to the poster’s she’d seen all around Alola, featuring a strange masked man who looked like a wrestler, along with a Tyranitar, Gyarados, Haxorus, and Charizard, advertising the “Battle Royal”, which was the style of tournament she was about to take place in. Riley had seen the stadium in which these kind of battles took place, but hadn’t been able to participate in any matches due to repairs being done at the time. The construction worker had said something about some edgy president taking things too far and destroying half the battlefield. As such, she had no experience here, and it was making her tense, but excited to try something new.

The pamphlet also detailed the rules of the event, both the rules of a Battle Royal, and additional rules applying to this tournament: No held items, a list of banned Pokemon (which seemed to consist of legendaries that nobody would have anyway, as well as Pokemon too big or too heavy to be released on a ship without running the risk of sinking it), only one switch allowed per trainer per battle (including using moves such as U-Turn), and that there would be several tournament’s divided up by the trainer’s strength. She herself had registered in the Hyper Rank competition, which was due to start at 10:00am today. But what really caught her eye were the prizes: unlimited and free food for the duration of the journey. That was worth battling for, but the real kicker was that drinks, including alcohol, were included. If there was one thing she knew about the SS Anne, was that it had some really high quality champagne, and she planned on getting smashed tonight.

Riley pulled herself off the bed and stretched. There really wasn’t any point waiting aimlessly around in her room – might as well go and wait aimlessly by the battlefield. “Nine!” She called towards the sleeping mass of black fur at the end of the bed, “Get up, we’re leaving soon.

The Luxray yawned, stretched himself out, and then slumped back into the sheets again. Riley rolled her eyes at the lazy Pokemon, before stepping into the small ensuite to get ready. She threw on a loose white sleeveless shirt, some high waisted distressed jean shorts, and a pair of black converse shoes – weather appropriate, she presumed. Riley quickly brushed out her blonde hair, cut into a blunt bob, and expertly applied a somewhat heavy amount of makeup, most noticeably dark lipstick. For a moment, she pulled back and examined herself in the mirror, trying to be positive, but she focused on how strange her blind left eye looked – a strange, milky purple colour – compared to her normal, dark brown right eye. She pulled out a pair of round sunglasses and threw them on her face, annoyed. Once again, she was going to be the weirdo who wore sunglasses indoors.

Having finished getting ready, she glanced towards the still sleeping Nine again. “Oi, I said get up.” Once again, the Luxray just ignored her, shifting so his back was facing towards Riley. She paused for a moment, before slyly remaking, “Well, if you’re not coming, I guess you don’t want to be in the tournament today? What a turn around – I thought you were excited for this.”

In a flash, the Luxray was at her side. Glaring at her for daring to suggest leaving him out of this, but up nonetheless. She patted him gently on the head, and left her hand there to use him as a guide in case she was about to walk into something.

“Hey, I was joking. I’d never leave you out of this. Come on, let’s go have some fun.” The Luxray rumbled deep in his chest in agreement, eyes blazing and tail twitching in anticipation.

Riley and Nine stepped onto the painted yellow platform on the corner of the battlefield to the cheer of a much larger crowd than she’d expected. Her heart was pounding in her chest – she’d only just made it through the last battle to secure a place in the final, and now that she had a chance of victory she desperately wanted to win. Surprisingly enough they had fixed up the dirt battlefield quite nicely in between the last round and this one, as a Camerupt had tried to use Fissure out of desperation, and had torn half the battlefield apart in the process. Luckily for the audience, there were these strange machines placed on each trainer’s platform that seemed to be some kind of energized field that could contain the Pokemon’s moves and keep everyone safe – probably some application of protect.

Up on a raised platform above the crowd, the MC started speaking. “Woo! Alright cousins, welcome to the SS Anne’s first ever Battle Royal! I’m your announcer, the Masked Royal! I dunno about you, but I’m so excited to see the stylin’ moves these Pokemon will be pulling in their desperate attempt to come out on top! Who will win out in the end? I can’t wait to find out! Woo!” Riley had to admit, this announcer did seem a little strange to her, being so overly enthusiastic and with that weird wrestler attire. Although, she supposed he was good at getting the crowd interested, even if he spent too much time going over the moves the Pokemon used in loving detail. And as strange as his outfit was, she’d decided early on that she was very okay with his lack of a shirt.

“Our first finalist for this Hyper Rank Battle Royal is Riley Spencer, age 24, all the way from Jublife City! She had a very near win in her last match, but don’t let that fool you! She’s got some tricks up her sleeves that could really turn this match around!” The Mask Royal announced as the crowd cheered. Riley’s face appeared upon one of the large screens scattered around the battlefield as the camera fixated on her. She tried to ignore it and crossed her arms, not wanting to play to the crowd as the MC continued to introduce her opponents.

Riley slowly felt the pre battle nerves disappear, and the sound from the crowd dulled, as she focused upon the trainer’s she was about to face. Everything else fell away, except for the surge of excitement of the battle to come. This was where she really belonged, what she lived for, and these opponents of hers had better show her a damn good fight or she was going to be pissed.

At the cue from the Masked Royal to send out their first Pokemon, Riley glanced at the Luxray beside her, still and focused, his eyes on her. She gave him a slight nod. Nine barred his teeth, and leapt onto the field with a savage roar, echoing the sentiments of his trainer. Bring. It. On.

Last edited:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Sitting on the deck of the luxury cruise ship SS Anne was a man with spiky black hair dressed in a black wardrobe consisting of long pants, combat boots, a T-shirt, and fingerless gloves. He sat cross-legged with his hands resting on his knees having a staring contest with a gold furred Infernape who mimicked his posture. The monkey gazed deeply into his Trainer’s blue eyes not daring to blink. Provided they won the upcoming Battle Royal Tournament, the winner of this contest would be the first to ransack the free buffet.

Hey Brian. Have I ever told you how much I love your parents?” the Infernape inquired.

“Silly Axel. Do you really think you can distract me with idle chatter?” teased Brian not taking his eyes off his partner. “But yes, they are awesome for giving us an SS Ticket.”

Last year Brian’s parents went on a cruise aboard the SS Anne for their anniversary and ended up winning a raffle for a free ticket to a future cruise that could be used at any time within the following 365 days. As it was only one ticket, they pawned it off on their only son to use as he saw fit. Ever the adventurer, Brian made sure to wait until the SS Anne was cruising around the world just so he could maximize his sightseeing experience. And what better way to kick off the voyage then with a tournament where the winner gets free food for the entire trip! Free ticket, free meals, who could argue with that? Plus a Battle Royal seemed like oh so much fun! One against three sounded like thrilling odds which would make victory that much sweeter.

Ha! You blinked! Loser! Loser!” taunted Axel jumping to his feet. The monkey put his hands on his hips and started dancing like an idiot.

“Shaddup! The sun was in my eyes!” said Brian trying to find an excuse for his defeat. That didn’t sway Axel who was still dancing around so the Trainer grabbed one of his partner’s legs to trip him. Axel stumbled but was able to remain on his feet and pull his leg away from Brian. “Nice job keeping your balance.” Brian complemented.

Can’t trip me that easily!” boasted the Infernape before swinging his tail at Brian’s face only for the Trainer to catch it. Brian gave Axel a smile that basically retorted the same thing.

“Usually this is where we start fighting, but I would rather you save your strength for the battles to come.” the Trainer pointed out releasing his Infernape’s tail. Axel nodded in agreement. Brian got up from his seat to go inside. The time for battle had come!

Brian had entered his team into the Hyper Rank which was the highest difficulty available on the ship for only the strongest Trainers. Just with any high skill tournament, the battles were fierce especially when there were three people just as eager to take you out as they were each other. One of the first things that surprised him was that the arena was fortified to withstand moves such as Earthquake which he never expected to be a viable option on a boat. Even so, he was able to not only survive every round, but rack up enough points to move on to the next rounds. And now at last was the final round! One more battle and free food would be his! Well, Axel first, but Brian would feast second!

The Trainer stepped out of an entryway shaped like a Gyarados mouth onto a blue platform where the surrounding crown was going wild with cheers.

“Woo! Alright cousins, welcome to the SS Anne’s first ever Battle Royal! I’m your announcer, the Masked Royal!” shouted the MC who lived up to his name by wearing a luchador mask. Completing his look as a masked wrestler, he also went shirtless.

“What’s up Masked Royal!” Brian shouted even though he knew the announcer couldn’t hear him through the roar of the crowd.

“I dunno about you, but I’m so excited to see the stylin’ moves these Pokemon will be pulling in their desperate attempt to come out on top!”

“Oh yeah, me too!”

“Who will win out in the end? I can’t wait to find out! Woo!”

“Me of course! Right Axel?”

Damn straight!” concurred the Infernape.

“Our first finalist for this Hyper Rank Battle Royal is Riley Spencer, age 24, all the way from Jublife City! She had a very near win in her last match, but don’t let that fool you! She’s got some tricks up her sleeves that could really turn this match around!” Masked Royal introduced as the camera showed a cool stoic looking blonde girl wearing sunglasses on the screen.

“Next in the blue corner is our second finalist Brian Nosurname, age 28, who lists his hometown as ‘Denizen of the world.’ I can’t argue with that cousin! The world is my home too! Brian’s Pokémon have shown some really stylin’ moves in this tournament, but can he keep up the pace in the final round? We’ll find out soon! Woo!” As Brian appeared on the screen he threw his right arm across his chest and gave the spectators a slight bow before raising his arm to egg them on. Axel waved both arms up to intensify the cheering.

Once the remaining contenders were introduced, the Masked Royal gave the signal to begin the match. Brian cracked his knuckles then immediately pulled an Ultra Ball from his waist.

You bitch! You aren’t leading with me?” Axel cried indignantly.

“It’s the final battle, of course you’ll have your turn. But I want to start things off…” he trailed as he threw the ball onto the field where a large bat Pokémon materialized. “With Noivern!” Noivern gave a loud screech announcing that he was ready to battle.

Adrian Lawson, closed his eyes, feeling the cool sea breeze touch his face. This was a pre-battle ritual he had done, multiple times over. Meditation was a way the man could focus on the battle ahead. The watch strapped to his wrist read "9:45." The battle was rapidly approaching and Adrian was making sure he was ready.

Adrian, a Kanto Native, had saved up for a while for this trip. It wasn't directly for the cruise itself, but it was for the tournament, which intrigued him the most. It's what made this trip, which cost two years of assorted odd jobs and battles, so important.

After five minutes more minutes of thought, it was time to head towards the arena. In his hand was a simple Pokeball, that's surface was littered with scratches; a sign that the Pokemon inside was well used.

----

A few hard fought battles later, Adrian found himself in the finals. He hadn't planned to win, but he had made it this far. Might as well finish it. The man had signed up for the Hyper Rank, which was the hardest Rank in this tournament. Which was the reason Adrian had joined this rank; the challenge itself and the battles rich with intensity. Each one Adrian fought, he won. However in the latest, he had been left with a single Pokemon, and made a quick comeback. Now of course, it would be his hardest fight, but this was to be expected. The finalists, who were most likely the strongest trainers on the boat, were about to collapse. It would be a fight to the finish.

The arena had been divided into four sections, each with it's own corresponding color, and Pokemon to make out look, aesthetically better. The MC, which had been going by the name, "Mased Royal," was wearing a multicolored Luchador mask, while wearing no shirt. He had begun to announce the finalists as they each took the stage.

“Our first finalist for this Hyper Rank Battle Royal is Riley Spencer, age 24, all the way from Jublife City! She had a very near win in her last match, but don’t let that fool you! She’s got some tricks up her sleeves that could really turn this match around!” Masked Royal happily shouted, directing the crowd's eager attention to the girl upon a screen. Adrain couldn't help but give a slight grin. she seemed to be trying to seem indifferent of the attention.

“Next in the blue corner is our second finalist Brian Nosurname, age 28, who lists his hometown as ‘Denizen of the world.’ I can’t argue with that cousin! The world is my home too! Brian’s Pokémon have shown some really stylin’ moves in this tournament, but can he keep up the pace in the final round? We’ll find out soon! Woo!” As Masked Royal shouted he next contestant who's face appeared on the screen. Brian to enjoy the crowd's cheers, proving Adrian's thoughts by giving a bow, which got him an extra bit of cheers.

"Our third finalist, is a Kanto Native and the man in the Red Corner; Here he is, Adrian Lawson, age 26, from Lavender Town. He seems be be actin' like a cool dude and a tough competitor. Now let's see him let loose some sweet moves!" Masked Royal cheered as the camera zoomed in on Adrian's face, revealing it for the audience to see. His eyes were shut and he gave a somewhat confident grin, as the crowd erupted in cheers.

After Masked Royal introduced the final contestant, he gave the signal for the trainers to begin. Adrian raised his arm revealing a Dusk Ball. He slip his thumb across the ball to touch the button on the front. In a flash of light, a Ghost type Pokemon known as Gengar. Nite as she was named, gave a chuckle as she sank into the shadow that was being cast by Adrian. Then she leapt up and stuck up her toungue in a show that caused the crowd cheer a bit louder for her. She was a very showy pokemon, and loved the attention. Then she got into a fighting stance, by bringing her right leg back, and raising her left arm, in the form of a fist. Nite and Adrian braced themselves, as they were both ready.

Last edited:
Karma Nikki, weird name we know, had just been dragged by her bombshell of a friend, Rhea Wilther an older girl with an engine for a mouth, to this ship named SS Anne. "I'm really regretting ever saving you from Team Skull." Karma mumbled as she stared at the water below the ship, her golden mercury eyes staring back at her in a bored manner.

"Well you just did, so no need on regretting it cause its your choose to be the hero that day." Karma rolled her eyes as her long maroon tresses flow with the breeze "I think its the appropriate time to say... Karma's a bitch." Rhea chuckled as Karma gave her a glare.

"Very funny, Rhea. Your so funny I forgot how to laugh."

"Oh brighten up KN besides looked at this." Rhea held up a pamphlet in which she received a looked from the younger girl. Rhea pouted "Dont give me that 'your stupid' look because your gonna missed out the big details of this whole trip." Karma groaned as she grabbed the pamphlet quite harshly from Rhea's hand and roamed through the Big Details.

"Fudge." Rhea smirked as she watched the red head's expression turned into a excited one she was about to say something but Karma spoke first "What? Free food and beverages for a prize. Noway hosay, I much rather slept on my dingy cabin rather than compete for this." She crumpled the pamphlet and went to go to her room.

Rhea who's jaw went lax from the girl's statement grabbed the said girl's shoulder and dragged her back roughly " No! Bad girl! You do know that wasting food is a sin! And dont give me that 'I am a sinner, the Queen of Sins in fact' sh*t because I am not having it! Besides I already sign you up so you dont have a choice either way." For a moment Karma could only stared at her before she sigh and run a hand on her already messy hair "Figures."

Karma turned to the other direction and walked off in her black shirt and ankle length orange floral skirt, not her choose of clothing mind you. "Lets get this over with. But if I somehow win your gonna give me decent clothes which excludes skimpy and skirts." Karma growled out, as she sent Rhea one last glare. "Yes, ma'am." Rhea replied happily as she followed her friend.
-----
Karma and her Shiinotic, Diana, was leaning on the wall sweating and panting from all the fights she had participated in. "Rhea, I knew that people here will be veterans but they almost destroyed me." She whined as she petted her Pokémon head whilst spraying her some potion.

"Dont be an exaggerating teen, Karma. Your like twenty-nine now, you can do it." said girl looked at her "I'm fourteen, thank you. You need some glasses Rhea? Or some basic knowledge on math since you cant seem to find the difference between short and tall?" Rhea gave her scowl "Oh shut up. Here your just hungry, have some sneakers." Karma sighed through her nose "I'm not eating shoes." Rhea gave her an angry glare as she thrust the candy bar to the red haired girl who sigh and took it.

"C'mon its the start of the Hyper Rank. Go do your best, champ!" Rhea cheerfully said as she pushed the girl on the green platform. Karma shuddered as she looked at her older opponents being the only fifteen year old on boat, it really gives her the nerves. "Shiin." She looked at her Pokémon who gave a her a determined looked, it settled her nerves a bit as she was able to smiled albeit nervously at the Pokémon "Yeah, we made it this far besides win or lose its not like I'm the one who'll lose something."

"And our fourth finalist, in the green corner is a fellow Alola native! The youngest one in the bunch, Karma Astra Nikki! Recently finished the Island Trials and it looks like she's ready to set on her brand new adventure by taking this competition as stepping stone! Good luck, cousin!" Karma stood frozen on her spot as her face appeared on the screen, you could see that she was calm and collected on the outside but on the inside it looked like someone awoken a Primal Kyogre inside her and was now wrecking havoc especially when the Masked Royal guy mentioned her full name.

A yank from her arm is what it took for her to snapped out of her trance as she looked at her Shiinotic once more. It was giving her a stern eye, a look which she usually get from her Pokémon whenever she let her nerves get the best of her in the start of battle. "Right. No time for being a wimp." She took a deep breath and looked back to Diana with a determine gaze "You still okay to move on?" The Shiinotic gave a nod and Karma let out a shaky breath "Alright." She looked up at her opponents but it only serve to fuel her raging nerves so she settled on gazing at her Shiinotic instead. Her Pokémon will always be there for her, and that was enough comfort to give her courage for this battle.

Riley surveyed her opponents quickly and intently. The red corner man, Adrian, was relaxed and confident. Either he was very good at hiding it, or he was rather self assured and believed in his Pokemon’s strength. The blue corner contained a rather odd character, trying to yell over the crowd and dressed like a wannabe edgelord – Brian was it? She wasn't sure what to make of him just yet, which worried her. In the green corner was Karma, who seemed a little "deer in the headlights" (or was she just calm?), but if she’d made it this far being as young as she was, she was probably very good. They all were probably very competent to make it here in the first place.

The Pokemon were probably more important at this stage however. From what she could remember, she didn’t think any of them had any supereffective moves against Nine, but then again who could remember every possible move a Pokemon could know anyway? From what she could remember though, all of the Pokemon were a threat in their own way, and she needed to decide quickly which one was the biggest immediate problem. She could hear that the Masked Royal was getting towards the end of his opening speech and the battle was about to begin, so she needed to decide upon a first move quickly. One thing she’d learnt over the past few battles was that speed was very important here.

“Alright, so let’s not keep our contestant’s waiting any longer cousins! Those Pokemon look so pumped for this match that I think they’ll explode if we leave them in antipation any longer. Woo! Alright contestants, you may begin… NOW!” The Mask Royal shouted that last part even louder into the microphone as the crowd joined him in expressing their enthusiasm.

Riley called out to Nine immediately, wanting to try and get in first, if she could, “Nine! Thunderwave that Noivern!”

The Luxray howled, and leapt towards the centre of the battlefield, golden eyes firmly fixed on the soundwave Pokemon. Electricity crackled as he built up friction in his body, then slammed one of his paws into the ground, sending a small jolt cracking through the air at the target, faster than the eye could follow. Riley needed to slow that Noivern down due to how fast it was – the last thing she wanted was for it to start stealing KOs due to its mobility.

Golden mercury eyes drifted from one opponent to another, she counted the type advantages that there opponents had on her and Diana. At the back of her mind she could heard a voice chuckled 'Type Advantages wont matter if they cant land a hit.' She clenched her teeth as she looked at the Luxray, then at the Gengar and finally at the Noivern.

Diana glanced towards her trainer practically hearing the gears turning in her sixteen year old mind."Shii!" The maroon haired girl looked up only to be met by a pair of reassuring, and determined gazed of Diana. "Shiino." Karma's eyes slightly widen before she took on a much more determined looked as she nodded at Diana.

"Alright, so let’s not keep our contestant’s waiting any longer cousins! Those Pokemon look so pumped for this match that I think they’ll explode if we leave them in anticipation any longer. Woo! Alright contestants, you may begin… NOW!”

"Diana use Spotlight on the Noivern!" Karma commanded just as Riley shouted hers. She paid her no heed as her Pokémon let out a cry.

Diana started glowing and this glow gathered to her cap. The Illuminating Pokémon pointed one of her green tip fingers at the Noivern as a spotlight shot towards it. Karma licked her lips 'True that even if you have the type advantage it would be pointless if it wouldn't hit but I like to have insurance.' She grinned, her nervousness being replaced by adrenaline.

"Alright, so let’s not keep our contestant’s waiting any longer cousins! Those Pokemon look so pumped for this match that I think they’ll explode if we leave them in anticipation any longer. Woo! Alright contestants, you may begin… NOW!”

As soon as the Masked Royal had begun the battle, the other trainers were ready to leap at the Noivern, who's speed seemed like the biggest current threat. Personally, Adrian saw the Shiinotic as the biggest threat, but that may have been partly because of the man's dislike for Fairy Type Pokemon.

Adrian gave a soft grin as Spotlight was used to target Noivern. It seemed that Diana was trying to wipe out the Dragon type Pokemon first. This somewhat proved Adrian's assumption. "Fine, I'll play your games and attack the Noivern! Nite, use Thunderbolt!" Adrian suddenly shouted with his voice thick with passion and enthusiasm. It was a sudden shift from his cool and calm nature to his more aggressive attitude.

Nite pressed her palms together and outwards. Within moments, a small surge of electricity separated the two hands, and began to grow in size, until it was about the size of a basketball. Then a bolt of yellow electricity burst forward, zigging and zagging towards Noivern. However it was coming in from the front, instead of from the right side of Noivern, and was a bit farther behind in proximity to Noivern than Riley's Luxrya's Thunder Wave.

Internally, Adrian was expecting something along the lines of a defensive move like Protect, a powerful move to ward off the attacks, or a move to help Noivern's speed to help him avoid taking the hits. But no matter what Brian did, it wouldn't matter to Adrian. As his attack was to solely draw out whatever attack Noivern would counter with.

Psycho Monkey

Brian looked around the stage with a wide grin on his face surveying Noivern's three adversaries. Riley had sent her Luxray to the field, Adrian was using Gengar, and Karma had Shiinotic. All three looked to be formidable opponents in their own rights; they would have to be to have made it to the finals after all. One of the first rules of battle was to take out the most dangerous ones first to eliminate threats early. At this point it was anyone’s guess who the most threatening one was.

“Alright, so let’s not keep our contestant’s waiting any longer cousins! Those Pokémon look so pumped for this match that I think they’ll explode if we leave them in anticipation any longer. Woo! Alright contestants, you may begin… NOW!” declared the Masked Royal kicking off the battle.

“Nine! Thunderwave that Noivern!” commanded Riley immediately wasting no time to kick off the match.

“Diana use Spotlight on the Noivern!” Karma called at the same time. Brian let out a maniacal laugh. So the consensus was that Noivern was the most threatening Pokémon on the field! Thanks to the bright light the Illumination Pokémon shined on Noivern, Adrian’s Gengar, Nite, had no choice but to target the large bat with Thunder Bolt.

“Ready! Fly high!” shouted Brian throwing his arm in the air for dramatic effect. With a loud shriek, Noivern powerfully flapped his wings to shoot up into the sky using his superior speed to avoid the two Electric attacks at the last second. Thanks to this first turn, Brian now knew who the most threatening Pokémon to Noivern was.

“Now, target Diana!” he commanded dropping his arm to point at the Shiinotic. The Sound Wave Pokémon screeched as he tucked his wings in performing a midair corkscrew to build up speed to attack Diana from above. Brian kept an eye on his other two opponents to see if they would take the opportunity to fight amongst themselves or if Noivern would still be their intended target.

Riley swore under her breath as soon as the Shiinotic used Spotlight. It should have been obvious to her the second that Karma had sent out such a defensive Pokemon for a battle style which seemed –at least, as far as she was aware – to favour aggression. Although she had to admit she found it rather ironic that a move designed to take the attention away from the Pokemon that used it, had just singled out it’s user as a big problem. Frankly, while Spotlight was (kind of) working in her favour right now, she had no desire for Nine to be the target for the round, nor did she appreciate having her moves limited. Although, she did believe she had a few ways to work around this.

The Gengar also followed the Shiinotic’s command to target the Noivern, and the crack from the impressive looking thunderbolt echoed around the makeshift stadium. However, the Noivern was faster than both attacks, and swooped into the sky. This pretty much confirmed in Riley’s mind that she was right to want to paralyse the soundwave Pokemon, but clearly this was going to be tricker than expected and she’d need to either catch it off guard, or ensure her moves could not miss it.

However, that might just have to wait. Given that the Shiinotic seemed to have signalled itself out as the main threat, or at least, it appeared that some other trainer’s agreed with her on this, it might want to try and protect itself from the probable barrage of attacks coming its way with another Spotlight, or just protect. In that case, attacking didn’t seem like the best idea right now.

“Nine! Take a defensive position and charge up!” She called out to the Luxray, who quickly ran towards one of the sidelines away from the other Pokemon. He crouched down, in a position to spring up and flee at the first sign of trouble, and his body started to crackle with electricity as he charged his power, waiting his turn.

Karma, looked up at the Noivern as it flew up high in the air in order to dodge the attacks'Got the big guy's attention. Step two,' she took a quick looked at Shiinotic and the other's Pokémon. 'It would be spectacular if I have them all fight themselves but-' she licked her lips, as she barely registered the command of the Sound Wave Pokémon's trainer. 'I didn't clearly see if the status from the Luxray hit or not. So maybe...'

She glanced up at the charging Pokémon 'A Fly attack. Classic.' She sighed as she rubbed her chin in thought "F. E. F. E. F...." she subconsciously mumbled, Diana looked at her with questioning gaze. Karma gave her a hopeless look, a look she knew all to well, the Illuminating Pokémon looked back at her opponent as she took a stance.

The maroon haired girl blinked not at all that fazed at the Sound Wave Pokémon "How should I say this without sounding dumb? Diana, wait for it to get closer." She said, as the Shiinotic open her arms as if saying 'Come-at-me' to the Noivern. Karma chuckled but covered it up with a cough, she narrowed her eyes as she observed her Pokémon's form, she grinned when she saw it spark "I have no idea why I bother but if it get too close. Give them a shocking experience." Diana let out a cry of agreement as more sparks covered her form "Charge Beam!" A ball of electrical energy built up at the Shiinotic's chest before it shot off a powerful electrical beam at the Noivern.

As the attacks played out, rushing towards the Noivern, Adrian smiled as Bruce made a smart move. He escaped. While people might think that it was a coward's act, in reality there was so much more involved. Position on the battlefield was extremely important especially in a Battle Royal, for it could decide the entire tide of the battle.

Adrain watched as the Manetric took a stance to charge an attack, while the Shiinotic defended herself from the Noivern's counterattack. It seemed that his competitors had forgotten about him, as he had little lackluster at this point in the battle. Now it was time to change that.

"Nite, use Shadow Ball!" Adrain said calmly. Nite pressed her palms together and formed an inky blob, made of shadows pulled together. Then it began to grow and form, changing shape until it began to become smooth. "Fire it at the oncoming collision!"

In a flash of shadows, the orb rushed forward towards the collision between Diana and Noivern. A smile tugged at Adrian's lips as his plan came into fruition. The two trainers need to attack their biggest threat was just what Adrian needed. Shadow Ball was a move that had a chance to decrease Special Defense, putting Nite, a Special user, at an advantage. However there was the off chance that so,some swerved last minute and canceled their attack, but it seemed unlikely due to the proximity of Noivern to the Charge Beam Attack. But there was nothing more Adrian could do, but watch this play out.

Psycho Monkey

Diana spred her arms wide practically inviting Noivern’s attack. It didn’t take long for the Shiinotic to show her hand as electricity gathered between her palms before firing in a focused Charge Beam.

“Power through it Noivern!” encouraged Brian over the clapping thunder knowing that at this point Noivern had already built up too much momentum to change trajectory. The wyvern crashed into the attack but kept stubbornly pushing forward in an attempt to strike his foe.

“Nite, use Shadow Ball!” Brian quickly turned his head to Adrian’s side of the field where his Gengar was already gathering an orb of darkness aimed at Noivern and Diana. He then looked back towards his Pokémon who had already landed. Brian groaned in disappointment at himself for not paying attention to whether or not his own Pokémon’s attack struck the Illumination Pokémon or if she somehow caused it to miss.

“Fall back!” Brian instructed. Noivern returned to the air and dashed towards his Trainer leaving Diana and Karma to deal with the incoming Shadow Ball as well as to get distance from any counter attacks the Shiinotic might have in store for them. Brian wondered where Nine was hiding this turn only to notice him crouched in the corner charging his power. Whatever Riley had planned could be trouble if Noivern was once again the intended target. It was quite the disadvantageous position to be in, but the match was still young. There would be plenty of opportunities to turn things around starting now.

“Noivern! Attack everyone with Boomburst!” commanded Brian preemptively covering his ears. The Sound Wave Pokémon got a devilish grin as his ears began vibrating until the insides began to glow white. The wyvern gave a loud screech as he released powerful sound waves from his ears spreading across the entire arena.

Riley smiled to herself as her opponent’s proceeded to ignore Nine and fight amongst themselves. How kind of them! She really needed to repay their generosity by showing them exactly what they’d let Nine set up. From what she could see, the Noivern and Diana seemed fairly fixed on each other, and Nite had cleverly taken advantage of their collision course when placing her attack. Frankly she was rather glad that Charge also boosted Nine’s special defence – it would certainly help going up against that Gengar, and potentially the other’s as well.

Before she could call out to Nine to unleash his attack, Brian got to it first, covering his ears before commanding Noivern to use Boomburst. Riley swore under her breath - this guy was such a pain - and yelled, “Nine, protect your ears!” just in time before the soundwave Pokemon screeched, sending waves of ear splitting sound around the arena.

The Luxray dove onto the ground in response, trying his best to cover his large and sensitive ears with his paws, but Riley still noticed him flinch and dig his claws into the ground in pain. However, he rose quite quickly after the attack, and appeared reasonably okay despite the initial shock, likely due to his boosted special defence. It was a real pity that Nine had his next move locked into being an electric attack however, otherwise this would have been the perfect time for light screen or protect.

“Nine, I think you should follow Noivern’s lead and use Discharge!” Riley called out, perhaps a little too delighted at knowing that her opponents were about to eat a 160 base power move. Anyone who’d tried to protect their way through the Boomburst would have a lot of trouble dodging this as well.

The Luxray howled as electricity built up all over his body, before exploding outwards sending sparks flying across the entire arena. They hit the protective field surrounding the battle and bounced back off as the soundwaves had, making it harder to avoid, but also creating a rather surreal experience for Riley as she watched the attack crackle away inches from her face, before snapping her attention back to the battle. Karma had called out to Diana to use protect on the Boomburst, but she'd failed to be able to hold the glowing protective sphere of fairy energy long enough to avoid the Discharge. Still, given Diana's electric resistance, it was definitely the easier attack to take.

Last edited:
It seemed things were becoming more complicated. However because of Nite’s immunity to Normal type moves, it seemed Boomburst was a failed cause for him. But Discharge was also a major problem and it seemed it wold be for the duration of the battle. Maybe he should disable it, as much as possible. “Nite, dodge it if you can and use Spite on Luxray. Then send a Shadow Ball towards Noivern!”

Adrian’s commands were quick and Nite’s were percise. However at this point, Discharge was getting to close to hit the Gengar. He did her best to leap over it, but her feet were slammed by the attack, pushing her in a front forwards tumble. She landed and rolled before aiming her first attack. The dark energy swirled and fired at Nine and shifted towards him. Hopefully this will make it so Nine couldn’t use Discharge as often.

Nite made a pirouette, and while doing this, formed a ball of shadowy energy that seemed to absorb some of the light around Nite. Then she twisted her body and aimed a blast of darkness that rushed towards Noivern, making it his second attempt within 30 seconds to do some damage to Noivern. The Pokemon’s ability to move freely in the air, made it a threat. While the others were on the ground and Nite could deal with them more directly.

Psycho Monkey

Brian knew going in that Nite would be immune to Boomburst but he didn’t expect Diana to throw up a Protect as well leaving only Nine to take damage from the attack. Karma’s decision made perfect sense from a defensive standpoint. She had a Shadow Ball, Boomburst, and then Nine attacking with Discharge coming at her all at once.

As bolts of electricity engulfed the arena, Noivern darted through the air trying to dodge as many as possible but was still struck in the wings, torso, and legs by a few stray bolts. If that wasn’t enough, Adrian was ordering another Shadow Ball at Noivern.

“Bloody hell.” Brian mumbled under his breath. “Noivern! Cancel out Shadow Ball with Dark Pulse! Know what? Make it a double! One for the Gengar as well! Then fall back and use Roost!” he commanded noting the amount of damage his Pokémon was taking. The wyvern cocked his head back as a black mist began to leak from his mouth. Then with a loud screech, he thrust his head forward firing off a wave of darkness. The Dark Pulse collided with Shadow Ball centimeters away from the Sound Wave Pokémon creating an explosion of shadowy vapor. Noivern repeated the attack once more, this time aiming at Nite, before retreating to the corner of the stage. He did a backflip to land on the ground then tucked his wings in close to rest. Noivern would only needed a moment’s reprieve to regain enough stamina to stay in the battle.

Riley allowed herself to be impressed at the maneuvers Noivern was pulling off to escape the Nine's discharge for a moment, wishing her own dragon type could pull off similar stunts, before realizing that if Nine moved quickly enough, she might be able to benefit from it's Dark Pulse aimed towards Nite. She wasn't sure he could make it, given he was likely pretty stunned from the Boomburst, but it was worth a shot.

"Scary Face then Crunch, on Gengar!" She called out, hoping that there was enough time to pull it off, and that Nine understood what she wanted. The Luxray started running towards the Shadow Pokemon, snarling loudly to get Nite's attention and hopefully his fangs and crazed eyes would scare it enough to slow it down. If the Gengar was slower, she was going to have less chance of dodging Noivern's Dark Pulse, and while she was distracted by that, Nine could strike. Regardless of whether the Dark Pulse hit or not, the Luxray leapt towards Nite, jaws agape, with the intention of grabbing the Gengar in his jaws and shaking it like a ragdoll.

Riley then heard Karma give Diana her orders, and swore at her own stupidity. "Diana, wait until the Luxray is close to the Gengar, then catch both of them in your Moonblast." She turned to try and yell at Nine to get out of the way, but the Shiinotic sent a huge beam of white light towards the two Pokemon before she could warn him. The beam pushed Nine backwards, away from the Gengar, and left him shuddering from the attack. Clearly it had done a fair bit of damage to him.

It looked like things were getting intense for Nite. She had three attacks, all coming at her. But Adrian had to break things down and think. “Shadow Ball Shield!” Was his first response. This was a technique they had learned a while ago, do deflect powerful blast attacks. “On Dark Pulse!” Nite was quick to swing a quickly formed Shadow Ball, out in front of herself, with her arms and palms pushed outwards. The Shadow Ball rested there, ready to catch the blast.

Under normal circumstances, Shadow Ball would have had more time to charge and would have been much stronger. But due to the lack of speed, it had been hasitly made. The Dark Pulse was the first thing to make contact, only a split second before the Moonblast. It collided with the Shadow Ball and began to smash into it, trying to break through Nite’s only defense. Then the Moonblast landed, crashing in a full display of power, slamming against Nite’s back. This attack was a double edge sword for Nite. While it may have set damage, the Gengar could resist it nough to use it as a base to ward off the Dark Pulse. It was keeping her up, and helping her stand her ground. The attacks exploded pulsing energy around the Gengar in an explosion.

But smoke cleared quickly, and there stood Nite injured badly, but still able to fight. “You still good to fight?” Adrian asked Nite from across the battlefield. The Gengar gave a nod and Adrian cracked his knuckles. He knew she was in serious trouble, and he wanted to switch her out. But he only got one switch, and she was still in a prime spot to be effective.

“Sludge Bomb! On Nine, before he can recover!” Nite began to move her hands and each other, and formed a blob of purplish goo. Then, she thrust her arms out, hurling the poisonous blob, that picked up speed as it rushed towards the Luxray.

Psycho Monkey

The tide of battle seemed to have shifted. Rather than Noivern being the prime target, especially now that he was vulnerable Roosting, Nite had become center of attention. Riley had ordered Nine to slow the Shadow Pokémon down with Scary Face while charging in for Crunch. Karma, however, had other plans: have Diana attack them both with Moonblast. All Nite could do to defend herself was an ingenious use of Shadow Ball as a shield. The impromptu defense did well enough keeping Dark Pulse at bay but could not protect against Moonblast leaving her winded. Nine was looking equally worn out having also been struck by the Fairy-type attack. Nite recovered quickly allowing Adrian to take advantage of the situation by ordering her to use Sludge Bomb on the Luxray.

Noivern gave an energetic shriek as he flapped back into the air indicating he had recovered enough to get back into the battle. Brian smirked as this meant he could now pick off one of his weakened opponents and possibly claim the first point of the match.

“Noivern! Speed up with Agility and use Dragon Pulse on… Nine!” he commanded pausing just long enough to decide which foe would be most beneficial to take out. Speed was his primary advantage at the moment so eliminating the one most likely to paralyze Noivern was top priority. The giant bat began vibrating his body to increase his speed by loosening up his muscles. He then zipped around overhead making it difficult to track his movements while waiting to see how Nine would respond to Sludge Bomb before launching a blast of azure energy from his mouth at the Gleaming Eyes Pokémon.

"LS!" Was all Riley had time to shout at Nine before the sludge bomb hit. She clenched her fists, hoping that Nine had had the speed, before letting herself relax as she saw him shrug off the attack, his fur glowing with the distinctive psychic energy of light screen. The Luxray didn't need any commands from her to know that he needed to back up, and was darting away the second he could. However, he wasn't out of the clear yet as the Noivern sped up (god damn she needed to paralyze that thing!), and was commanded to use Dragon Pulse on Nine. Riley knew he needed some time to catch his breath at least, and protect wouldn't give him that beyond one attack. She needed more time.

Deciding to take a gamble, she called out, "Use Double Team, make sure he loses track of you!" In an instant, the field was flooded with Nine's clone images, weaving in and out of each other until even she couldn't tell which was the real copy. Noivern's Dragon Pulse hit one of the Luxray's, and luckily, it simply disintegrated upon contact. She was really gambling here, especially since Nine hadn't been able to summon nearly as many clone images as usual, but it could work. If it didn't, well, she had something else up her sleeve. For now though, she really needed to help her Pokemon out.

"Hey, wannabe emo boy!" Riley leered at the Noivern's trainer, "I bet you think you're so lucky I let you get your Roost off. Well don't get too cocky, I only did it because I felt sorry for how badly you were doing. It's no fun if I steamroll you after all." Riley was distinctively aware that the crowd probably wouldn't take too kindly to this kind of behaviour, but frick 'em, she didn't give a damn.

Meanwhile Diana was creating what looked like a ball of fiery light, and threw it up into the air. The miniature sun floated about the battlefield, bathing the competitors in harsh sunlight. The Shiinotic then flung it's arms out wide, orbs forming from the dirt field around them until she had amassed seven of them. She then hurled her Hidden Power towards Nite, probably hoping it might be enough to take her out.

Hidden Power was a tricky move for sure, and Adrain knew it fro sure. Hidden power’s type was dependant on the Pokemon’s Personality and natures, and such. But he had no way of actually knowing this. It could vary, from being a Ground type move, Fire Type move, or something else. But with NIte at this position, this was a risk Adrain couldn’t take.

“Thunderbolt Arc!” This was a unique technique Adrain had seen a few years ago, and decided to use it as a base and improve it for his Pokemon. Nite once again, formed the electricity in her palms, but instead of feeling it straight forward towards a target, she began to spin. The electric energy wrapped around Nite, like as a cocoon.

The Hidden Power slammed against the electric barrier. Then the second orb, made contact. And then the third, and this repeated with all seven of them, with each one getting closer to breaching Nite’s defense. Then by the sixth one’s impact, it alon wiht the final one, broke through, slamming into NIte, knocking her back. She was dizzy and it was obvious she was about to be defeated. But Adrain decided to scrape up an attack from the bottom of the barrel, and try something before NIte was knocked out of the battle.

“Sludge Bomb! On that pesky Fairy Type!” Nite, who’s movements were a bit slower and less coordinated than before, formed the ball of purple sludge and fired it to where. That it would race towards Diana. Adrain knew that he would need to get rid of that Shiinotic, if he wanted to stand a chance with his next choice.

Psycho Monkey

In a show of skill, Nine was able to tank Nite’s Sludge Bomb with Light Screen then completely evade Noivern’s Dragon Pulse with Double Team. It seemed the Luxray would be harder to take out than Brian thought but he’d have been disappointed if it wasn’t.

“Hey, wannabe emo boy!” shouted Riley from across the field. Brian gave her a perplexed look before turning to Axel.

“Emo?” he questioned in confusion.

I don’t think so.” replied the money with an equally confused shrug.

“I bet you think you’re so lucky I let you get your Roost off. Well don’t get too cocky, I only did it because I felt sorry for how badly you were doing. It’s no fun if I steamroll you after all.” she continued to taunt. At this Brian started laughing.

“Thanks, I appreciate that Miss Riley. You’re fun!” he complemented with a wide grin. He wasn’t sure what she was trying to accomplish with her jeering but he found it amusing at least.

Suddenly the arena got really bright causing Brian to squint. Diana had cast a Sunny Day and was now sending what appeared to be a Ground-typed Hidden Power at Nite. Adrian once again proved his creativity by having the Gengar deflect most of the attack with Thunder Bolt before countering with another Sludge Bomb.

“Noivern! Go for Boomburst!” commanded Brian. He knew the attack was useless on Nite, but the prospect of a two-for-one deal was too good to pass up. Besides, he had other plans for her provided one of the others didn’t pick her off first. Thanks to the Sound Wave Pokémon’s Infiltrator Ability Nine’s Light Screen would be useless provided his abundance of clones could shield him from sound.

The blonde haired woman was a little taken aback at Brian's reaction to her taunting. He thought that was a compliment, really? What an odd creature. However, she was willing to bet it had served it's purpose of dividing his attention for long enough so that he'd have less chance of following which clone was the real Nine, and that's all that really mattered. Now she could follow through with her plan having more confidence in it's succes- Riley cut the thought off as she jammed her hands over her ears as the Noivern blasted off another Boomburst. That was fine, Nine's Light Screen would help him deal with that... wait. She'd heard the Luxray cry out in pain, and could see his clone's hyperventilating, as if the attack had almost brought him to his knees.

Something was definitely wrong - she'd never anticipated that he would have taken that much damage from the Boomburst. Riley's mind raced to compute what was going on. Had that been a critical? Or something else? What was Noivern's abilities again? As much as she was loathe to admit it to herself, she wasn't sure as she'd never had much experience with this species of Pokemon before. Whatever had happened, she was no longer confident that her original plan was going to work here. She'd wanted to use Double Team to both protect Nine further, and use the confusion to land a Thunder Wave on the Noivern. The whole point in trying to mock Brian was to minimize the chance of him memorizing which clone was the original Nine, thus ruining the plan. But getting in close like that carried a large risk of being hit by another Boomburst, and she didn't think he could take another. So what was she supposed to do? Rest-Talk probably was her best option, but it was only really buying time given that having no control over the battle, which to Riley, should be avoided at all costs. She'd have to go with it though, unless...

With the worry fading fast from her mind, she held out Nine's Luxury Ball, recalling the Gleaming Eyes Pokemon in a flash of red, and causing his clones to fade from existence. With a quick flick of her wrist, she tossed a Great Ball onto the field, revealing a small pink and tan Pokemon, with large ears, a fluffy tail, and innocent blue eyes. The Audino seemed a little out of place on the battlefield compared to his more dangerous looking opponents, but that was only to those who didn't know him.

"Brandy, use Trick Room!" She called. He smiled widely and clapped his hands together, causing shimmering white lines to appear all over the battlefield, forming a grid pattern along the ground. So long as those lines remained, the speed of every Pokemon within it would be reversed. She was curious to see how the faster Nite and Noivern would deal with losing that advantage. Of course, Diana would benefit the most from this, but she was pretty sure Brandy could deal with her, or at least last out until the dimensions returned to normal.

Speaking of Diana, Riley heard the Shiinotic cry out in pain, drawing her attention. The Illuminating Pokemon seemed to be desperately trying to shake off the toxic sludge covering it's cap, flailing desperately. Given it's distress, Riley couldn't help but wonder if it had been poisoned, but she wasn't certain. Karma called out her Pokemon's name reassuringly, and her trainer's voice seemed to calm the Pokemon down. Diana took a deep breath, and nodded to the red haired girl, who smiled and gave her Pokemon a command.

Using the sudden blistering speed she had from Trick Room, the Shiinotic lifted her arm, and in a blink of an eye, a huge ball of pure light formed, likely thanks to the miniature sun she'd created earlier. She released the Solarbeam a moment later, sending a huge blast of energy straight back towards the Gengar that was the cause of her sudden agony. The attack was so bright that Riley, even wearing sunglasses, had to turn away from the battle for a moment, before hurriedly scanning the battleground to see if Nite had made it out of that conscious.

Adrian watched as Riley switched Pokemon, replacing her Luxray with a Audino. Which may have been a smart move, as they had some nice bulk and health. With the high Special Attackers, Audino was probably a really good choice. But Riley wasn’t the only one with some defensive Pokemon.

Solar Beam, while it was a powerful special Grass type attack, wasn’t very effective, type wise, on Nite. However, this was probably Nite’s final stand in this battle. The damage she had taken was probably the highest amount in this battle so far. She had taken multiple heavy blows. The light flared as a powerful flash at his eyes, that made him close his eyes. But his voice was still there, and decided to give the Gengar some encouragement, on the off chance she could survive the chance.

“Nite, push through!” Adrain’s voice rang out, which had been almost silent throughout this entire battle. His only words he had said, was to usher commands. But Nite deserved it after her performance this far into the battle. However the attack made it’s mark, giving Nite no time to dodge, and knocking her out.

Silently, Adrain returned Nite to her Pokeball and considered his options. With Trick Room, his speedy Pokemon would be at a disadvantage. But it wouldn’t last too long. So maybe go with a different route.

“Venetrex! Stand by for Battle!” Adrain’s voice was loud and unwavering, as he revealed a Heavy Ball and threw it into the battlefield. As the grey and blue ball opened, a white beam of light shot from the opening and took the large form of a Steelix. This Iron Snake Pokemon, was probably Adrian’s slowest, yet most defensive Pokemon.

“Now, smack that Noivern out of the sky with a Flash Cannon!” Venetrex opened his maw, and fired a beam of blinding white light, that rushed towards the airborne Noivern. Venetrex’s speed was tremendous and the reaction time was quite beautiful, due to the Trick Room. Hopefully it was fast enough to land the hit against Noivern.

Psycho Monkey

All of Nine’s clones were staggering from exhaustion while a few even flickered indicating that the Luxray was on his last legs. Regrettably Brian didn’t get his wish of a double KO as Diana also remained in battle although looking worse for wear as she appeared to have been poisoned from that last Sludge Bomb. In an unexpected but not at all unsurprising turn of events, Riley opted to use her only switch for the battle to recall Nine and replace him with an Audino.

“Brandy, use Trick Room!” commanded Riley. The Hearing Pokémon flashed an almost sadistic looking smile before surrounding the battlefield in a white grid that would twist dimension making the slowest Pokémon move like lightning and the speedsters look as though they were standing still. Brian’s face contorted into a weird grin at both his admiration and annoyance at the strategy. The whole point on trying to take out Nine as early as possible was to remove threats to his speed superiority.

Karma wasted no time in taking advantage of Diana’s new priority level by ordering a Solar Beam on Nite which was fully charged in a matter of seconds thanks to Sunny Day. Adrian could only offer a few words of encouragement to his Gengar before she collapsed marking the first KO of the match. The Ghost-type was swiftly replaced by a Pokémon that would move equally as swiftly under Trick Room; a Steelix.

“Now, smack that Noivern out of the sky with a Flash Cannon!” Adrian called to the metallic serpent named Venetrex. The Iron Snake Pokémon launched a powerful white energy beam from his mouth knocking Noivern to the ground.

“Noivern! Are you ok?” shouted Brian at his downed Pokémon. The wyvern lifted himself weakly allowing his Trainer to let out a deep sigh. That Roost earlier may have just saved him. At this point Brian could risk one of his opponents picking up a point at Noivern’s expense or he could cash in his switch. The choice was obvious. “Alright Noivern, get out of there. Switch out with a U-Turn on Diana!” he directed. The Sound Wave Pokémon dashed towards the Shiinotic then doubled back turning into a red light as he went into his Dusk Ball held in Brian’s left hand. In the right hand was a Great Ball containing his replacement.

“Your turn Piloswine!” Brian summoned sending out a hunchbacked boar covered in tick brown fur. Piloswine shook his body with a deep grunt in anticipation for battle. Meanwhile Axel crossed his arms with a scowl. The Infernape knew he wasn’t chosen due to his speed but he was just really itching for a fight!

“Piloswine!” called Brian getting a devilish smirk. “Wintery Mix!” He knew the other Trainers would have no idea what that meant and that was his advantage. The wooly boar gathered a large ball of ice between his tusks then jerked his head upward sending the orb crashing into the artificial sun. The two exploded together then coalesced forming thick white clouds over the arena which then began raining down large chunks of ice. Thanks to his Snow Cloak Ability, Piloswine was able to disappear into the hailstorm where he unleashed the second half of the combo; Blizzard. A bitter cold wind howled as ice and snow blew out in all directions.

Searching the field, Riley quickly discovered that Nite, while having put up quite the battle, had been taken out by Diana's solarbeam. Adrian seemed to waste no time replacing his Gengar, taking advantage of the Trick Room that was set up by calling out his Steelix, Venetrix. The blonde woman couldn't help but take a step back, intimidated, at the sight of this behemoth of a Pokemon. As soon as it appeared, it fired a beam of silvery energy straight at Noivern, knocking it out of the sky. Upon seeing him move, she didn't know whether to be relieved or disappointed - sure, she wanted to be the one to knock it out, but it would have been nice to have it out of the game. Brian then made the probably wise choice to switch, ordering Noivern to perform one last attack on Diana. He hurled towards the Shiinotic, nearly knocking her off her feet, before disappearing back into his Pokeball. The Illuminating Pokemon looked like she was really struggling after having taken the last few attacks, and was probably in a good position to take out if she was fast enough.

Before Riley could command Brandy to attack, Brian sent out his next Pokemon, also perfect to take advantage of Trick Room, and ordered it to use a move which caused her to pause. What the hell was Wintery Mix? The Piloswine created a ball of ice and tossed it into the air, dispersing the sun that Diana had called. Dark clouds formed above the battlefield, and ice started to pellet down, while the Piloswine almost disappeared from view due to it's ability. However, it quickly grew far more intense than hail should be, the wind howling as the ice buffeted Brandy, who snarled in irritation. What was it? It seemed to intense to be Icy Wind so... Blizzard? Geez she was not dressed for this come on!

"Prepare Heal Bell, just in case." Riley called to her Pokemon over the wind. She could faintly hear gentle chimes ring out from Brandy's direction as he protected himself and the rest of his party (although it was uncessary) against status conditions. Getting frozen here would be a death sentence.

"Protect! Stay strong Diana!" Riley heard Karma yell out to her weakened Shiinotic. If she'd gotten it off in time, then perhaps she could survive long enough to do a final bit of damage.

The blizzard subsided, allowing the trainers to properly see the battlefield again. After seeing that Brandy had made it through and hadn't been frozen, she searched the area of Diana, and spotted her releasing a shield of glowing pink energy, hyperventilating. Riley was pretty impressed that she'd managed to even get the protect up to begin with. However, she might have survived that attack, but in the cold and from the force of the hail, the Shiinotic finally kneeled over. Karma withdrew her fainted Pokemon, looking a little uneasy. With a few moments of hesitation, she threw a Pokeball onto the field. A brown bipedal Pokemon with long ears and covered in cream fluffy fur appeared, preforming an elegant twirl for the crowd. Riley was a bit surprised at seeing the Lopunny, given that she knew they were very fast Pokemon and so Karma would have Trick Room working against her. Did she not have any slower Pokemon to choose from, or did she have some other kind of plan? Actually, without Trick Room active, it would have been a very good choice. Lopunny's, while not part fighting (most of the time), tended to have some very powerful fighting type moves - a type which every Pokemon on the field was currently weak against. Given that, it would be best to try and take out the Rabbit Pokemon before it regained it's speed advantage. However, there was one thing she needed to do first...

"Skill Swap with Piloswine, Brandy!" At this, the Hearing Pokemon start laughing, a cruel edge to it, and pressed his hand over his chest, before pulling out an orb of light. He forced a similar ball out of Piloswine, and switched the two. As soon as he absorbed it, the Audino almost faded into the hail, hidden from view. Riley couldn't help but grin a little, knowing that Piloswine now had Regenerator, which would be useless to it.

"Artemis, be careful out there." Karma commanded, seeming to be aware that she was at a disadvantage, "Use Quick Attack to bridge the distance then attack Venetrix with Low Kick." Riley's eyes lit up at this command - she'd always wanted to see something small drop a Pokemon as huge as a Steelix! Plus, it was pretty clever to use a priority move to help combat Trick Room. The Lopunny moved so quickly it was as if she’d teleported across the field to stand next to the Iron Snake Pokemon, but her use of Low Kick itself was slow and unsteady. Still, she loaded up energy within her powerful legs and aimed it towards the Steelix, ready send him crashing to the floor.

Last edited:
The cold was a bit too much for Adrian. He hated cold weather. It never seemed to mix well for him. And with Piloswine out the Ice type would hold an advantage. Adrian watched as the entire field was swept with the freezing cold wind and snow. Both Adrian and Venetrix stood still and looked as Icy cold as the snow around them. The Blizzard swept around Venetrix dealing damage, but Venetrix didn’t flinch. That was his battling style. Patient.

As the Blizzard faded, Adrian watched as Karma switched out Diana for a Lopunn, much to Adrian’s disappointment. He didn’t want to really deal with a Fairy type, and hoped to defeat it as soon as possible. But since she was gone, Adrian could turn his attention to his other competitors.

Brian’s Piloswine would be a hard target to hit with the Trick Room making him fast and his Snow Cloak ability. But right now, it was simply a defense, and it didn’t have priority. Riley’s Audino was also a more noticable defensive Pokemon, and wouldn’t be much of a current threat. But Lopunny was a bit more of a problem with her Fighting Type Move.

As Adrian began to finalize his mental plan, Lopunny closed the distance with a Quick Attack and tried to deliver a Low Kick. This move would surely do a good deal of damage if it hit. “Autotomize to dodge!” Spinning at a high speed, Venetrix leapt over the Loppuny’s leg sweep and skidded forward, doing his best to keep his balance. With Autotomize his speed was increased, as his weight decreased making him lighter. However under the current circumstances, it made the Pokemon considerably slower. But if Venetrix cou;d wait out this Trick Room it would have a major payback.

“Get some distance and use Sandstorm!” Venetrix slithered away from the Lopunny and gave a roar, as he reached the edge of the field. Trillions of small specks of sand left his body and began to increase, making a furious Sandstorm that tore away at the Hail. The clouds above seems to fade away and swirling sand and dirt engulfed the battlefield, making it somewhat tough to see. And as a plus, Piloswine was becoming more visible. Well, more than he was previously. Now it was time to wait and see what would happen, and Adrian was trying to use this Sandstorm to stall.

Last edited:

Psycho Monkey

Despite Protecting herself from Blizzard, Diana was felled by a chunk of hail netting Brian his first point of the match. Replacing the Shiinotic on Karma’s side of the field was a Lopunny, an odd choice seeing as Trick Room wouldn’t be favorable to a speedy but frail Pokémon. Surely Karma had her reasoning for such a decision.

“Skill Swap with Piloswine, Brandy!” commanded Riley in an obvious grab at stealing the Swine Pokémon’s primary advantage. Brian could only watch as a white light shot between the two Pokémon exchanging Snow Cloak for… whatever the Audino had. Brandy seemed to be laughing malignantly as he faded into the storm while Piloswine became more distinct.

Elsewhere on the field, Artemis closed the distance between herself and Venetrex with Quick Attack which transitioned into an awkward Low Kick. The Steelix easily avoided the attack after using Autotomize.

“Get some distance and use Sandstorm!” Adrian instructed. Venetrex grinded the segments of his body together releasing a raging cloud of dust that blew away the Hail in the process.

Neither Brian nor Piloswine had a chance to even be miffed at the loss of Snow Cloak before the pilfered Ability became useless to Brandy. What’s more, the wooly boar had no issues with a Sandstorm, in fact he thrived in one, making this an unexpected benefit. It was too bad Brian wouldn’t be able to repay the same kindness. There was a reason Piloswine had been chosen for this fight and it wasn’t to take advantage of Trick Room or to hide away during Hail.

“Bring on the Earthquake Piloswine.” Brian called squatting down to lower his center of gravity. Piloswine gave a loud grunt as he reared back on his hindlegs then dropped all of his weight into his front hooves sending tremors across the arena.

Riley had never expected to see a creature as heavy and lumbering as a Steelix elegantly leap over a Lopunny, neatly dodging the low kick while also reducing it's future effectiveness. The movement would have been comical, if the reality of an agile 400 kilo steel serpent wasn't mildly terrifying. Her awe rapidly changed as Adrian instructed Venetrix to use sandstorm, instantly ridding her of the feeling of being kinda clever for once in her life. She scowled, annoyed at both her opponent and herself, for being so stupid. Brandy, on the other hand, started laughing all the louder, before throwing his arms wide, inviting the Steelix to come closer, an serene smile upon his face. Knowing the Audino made that expression very creepy - Brandy was likely just as pissed off as Riley was. Before they could take out their anger on Venetrix however, Riley heard Brian instruct Piloswine to use earthquake.

"BDE!" She shouted as the swine Pokemon raised it's hooves into the air. Brandy smiled sweetly, opening up his big blue eyes as wide as he could, and whimpered towards Piloswine, pretending to cower. That was all he had time to do as the attack hit, the ground shaking beneath them at the tremors the Pokemon had caused. Even while protected from the match, Riley, ever the klutz, couldn't maintain her balance and fell over sideways with a loud yelp. Figuring that trying to stand up right now was pointless, she remained sitting until the attack finished, before hurriedly pulling herself of the ground, one hand covering her face to try and hide her embarrassment.

Thanks to Brandy's use of Baby-Doll Eyes, the earthquake hadn't bothered the Hearing Pokemon as much as it would have earlier. There were certainly other moves with could provide better protection, but with almost no time to do it, a priority move was likely the best choice, even if it would help everyone equally. Brandy had curled up into a ball to help withstand the attack, and had quickly leapt to his feet again, staring daggers at the Steelix. While Riley agreed with him, personally she thought that they needed to get rid of Artemis first.

"Brandy, ignore Venetrix for now, hit Artemis with Power-Up Punch!" She commanded. To her disappointment however, the Hearing Pokemon ignored her and went for Adrian's Pokemon anyway, likely hoping to take advantage of him feeling dazed from the super-effective attack. Karma meanwhile ordered her Lopunny to use Work Up, causing Artemis to pump herself up and boost her attack stats, before leaping high into the air, far beyond what most attacks could reasonably hope to reach. Clearly she intended to use Bounce next turn, but who the target of the attack was remained to be seen.

“Earthquake. It had to be Earthquake.” Adrain thought to himself as the ground becagn to shake, and tremors spread across the battlefield. Earthquake was a move, that Adrain didn’t like dealing with when Venetrix was out on the field. It not only attacks everything making it hard to dodge, but was super effective on the Steelix.

“BDE!” Adrain heard Riley call out this next attack, unsure of what the acyronym was for at first. However the second he saw the Audino seem to whimper, he understood what move Riley was using it and why. Baby Doll Eyes, which would lower the attack of the Piloswine attacking. Which was good, as it would weaken the Earthquake for all the combatants. And with Steelix’s weakness, it was a blessing.

However the Earthquake attack, passed over Audino and was about to strike Adrian’s side of the field, when he called out his next command. “Dig in with your tail. Stay strong!” The metal coated tail was quickly raised in the air, only to be slammed into the field’s floor. And as the tremors hit the Steelix, Adrian gritted his teeth. The shaking of the ground was still doing good damage to Venetrix. One thing Adrain knew about surviving Earthquake attacks, was to dig in your heels and bend you knees slightly. That and stay centered, which is exactly what Adrian did as the ground shook.

Venetrix seemed to be surviving okay, as the attack faded, so it was time to pull off his next attack. However he was given to time to rest, as Artemis leapt up into the air. So the attack Brandy had been planing, was given a change of direction. And the Audino aimed a Power-Up Punch, in Ventrex’s direction. That blessing she had given earlier, with he wearing of the Earthquake was about to be payed back, with a super effective attack. The Iron Snake Pokemon was still recovering from the attack and was given enough time to dodge in between attacks. So the Audino’s fist slammed into the Steel Pokemon’s Side, dealing some damage, which just weakened the Steelix further. However the force of the impact put some room, in between Steelix and his opponent.

“Okay Venetrix. Let’s knock out that Piloswine! Iron Tail!” Using the rushing sands from the Sandstorm as cover, the Iron Snake Pokemon rushed towards Piloswine as ast as he could. While the Pokemon had lost some speed due to Automize and Trick Room, he was still moving faster than he normally would. And as he gained ground on the Ground and Ice Type, his tail became coated in a sliver energy. He arched his back, and proceeded with a front flip, bringing his Iron Tail attack down above the Piloswine’s head, hoping to knock it out.

Last edited:

Psycho Monkey

BDE? Was that some sort of secret combo? Upon seeing Brandy give Piloswine a cute and unassuming gaze it became clear that BDE was not an epic combo but an abbreviation of Baby-Doll Eyes. Well that was inconvenient. Brian once again got confused at hearing Adrian shout “Dig”. Who in their right mind would Dig during Earthquake? That was the worst thing anyone could do. When he looked to Adrian’s side of the field however, Venetrex was not burrowing underground but rather bracing himself for tremors.

Once the Earthquake subsided, Brian couldn’t help but quietly snicker at Riley getting back on her feet after falling over during the attack. He wanted to ask her if she was ok, but she quickly sent Brandy on the offensive, this time a Power-Up Punch directed at Artemis. The Audino however had other plans and went after Venetrex instead landing a direct hit while the Iron Snake Pokémon was still recovering.

“Quite the defiant one, isn’t he?” teased Brian for all to hear. He looked over to Karma’s corner to see how she was responding to the sudden deviation. Artemis jumped up into the air, her powerful leg muscles taking her almost to the ceiling. He’ll have to watch her carefully to see where she intends on landing that Bounce.

“Okay Venetrix. Let’s knock out that Piloswine! Iron Tail!” Adrian called apparently deciding the wooly boar was the worthier adversary at the moment.

“It won’t be easy.” goaded Brian getting a wide grin. “Take the hit Piloswine.” he commanded with a reassuring nod. The Swine Pokémon returned the nod and spread his hooves to brace for impact. He trusted his Trainer to have a good strategy in mind. The Steelix showed just how nimble he was by doing an impressive front flip for a creature its size to slam his tail square into Piloswine’s back. Piloswine let out a labored grunt from the pain but remained steadfast.

“Now repay the damage with Avalanche!” Brian followed up. The Swine Pokémon’s tusks became sheathed in ice before he dug them into the ground sending the frost deep into the substrate. With a loud grunt, the wooly boar quickly lifted his face up sending a flood of frozen earth at Venetrex. Thanks to the damage Piloswine recently sustained, he was able to channel the pain into the attack to do twice as much damage.

Brandy seemed rather pleased with himself, having hit Venetrix in the side. The attack pumped him up, boosting up his (admittedly lackluster) attack. Riley rolled her eyes at him, somewhat amused by her Pokemon's antics, before Brian's taunting soured her mood again. Of course, to the other trainers, it probably looked like she couldn't control her own Pokemon.

"I think "vengeful" is a more accurate description." She admitted to herself, before raising her voice so the other trainer's could hear. "Not at all. I've trained my Pokemon to be autonomous fighters. If they think there's a better option, then they're welcome to do as they please." Of course, she wasn't going to admit that the reason this was necessary is because she lacked depth perception, and thus could make some really bad calls if she wasn't being careful. Admittedly, given that this was Brandy, he probably just wanted to hit Venetrix rather than making any tactical decision.

Her attention returned to the fight, watching as Venetrix flipped through the air to slam his tail into Piloswine's side. It was rather impressive to Riley that the swine Pokemon merely grunted at the supereffective impact, before getting his revenge with a well time avalanche of the frozen ground. Given the two Pokemon's proximity to each other, it reminded her of Diana's use of solarbeam earlier in the match.

"Fire Blast. Try to catch both of them in it." Riley ordered, causing her Audino to smile happily. He inhaled deeply, before spewing forth a huge star shaped burst of flame, aimed straight at the two of them. A moment after Brandy finished launching the attack, and Artemis dropped out of the sky. She landed on Brandy, knocking the hearing Pokemon face first into the dirt, before redirecting the momentum she'd built up to go flying across the field, seeming focused on Piloswine who had just taken an Iron Tail. Noticing the energy building up around the Lopunny's legs, Riley realized that she was probably aiming a Jump Kick, with the extra energy built up from using Bounce only serving to make the attack more powerful.

The man gave a sigh when Riley was trying to defend herself. It was almost if she was defending herself, which wasn’t always the best move in a battle. Getting even the smallest but flustered could ruin your concentration and give them a chance to deliver a comeback.

Adrian’s attack, was quickly accepted by Piloswine, who held his ground from the attack. However Brian was quick to counterattack with Avalanche, much to Adrian’s displeasure. As the Piloswine sent chunks of ice and snow in his direction, he knew it would be a dangerous blow.

And then as an added bonus, Riley had the idea to have Brandy attack the two of them with a Fire Blast. As the Avalanche slammed onto Venetrix’s body, Adrain had an idea. “Dig!” The Steelix, who was now growing tired from the man attacks, burrowed into the ground using the force of the Avalanche to steer Venetrix away from the Fire Blast, and shift his body into he right position. He burrowed deep, and made his way away from his competitors.

“Hopefully, this will draw out an Earthquake Attack,” Adrian thought to himself. Hopefully, this would help trigger a trap he had in mind.

Psycho Monkey

“Not at all. I’ve trained my Pokémon to be autonomous fighters. If they think there’s a better option, then they’re welcome to do as they please.” Riley boasted in response to Brian’s taunts.

“Can’t argue with that.” he conceded with a shrug. Even his own Pokémon had been trained to act on their own when needed. By the looks of things this would end up being one of those times. Brandy exhaled a Fire Blast aimed right for Piloswine and Venetrex. Artemis landed on the Audino half a second later and used the momentum from her Bounce to hop into a Jump Kick also aimed at Piloswine. It would have been funnier if she had landed on Brandy sooner before the Fire Blast went off but the timing for that would have been too convenient.

“Dig!” commanded Brian following Adrian’s lead. The Swine Pokémon crawled into the crevice left by Avalanche and tore at it with his tusks to go deeper underground. He made a snort as the lower tips of the star shaped flame singed his fur on his way down. Without a target, the Lopunny was left to crash into the wall.

With his Pokémon safe, Brian could breathe easy. He scanned the field wondering which opponent Piloswine would attack since there was no time to select one earlier. Artemis was closest to where the wooly boar went down but Brandy had been the most troublesome so far. He could also be chasing Venetrex underground ready to pop up when the Steelix surfaced.

“Bingo!” Brian said to himself with a smirk as the ground beneath Brandy began to crack. Piloswine immediately erupted from under the Hearing Pokémon sending up a flurry of debris to hide his tusks pointed at the Audino.