• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Battle of the Bands

This RP will be about a new T.V. show that will center around, a small town where groups of musicians take the stage to showcase their talents. There will be drama, romance, and a bit of mystery. This year will be the best one for the show. It seems that alot of people from around the world were coming to perform. Will you be the victor, or will you end up in the bottom with all of the losers? Do you have what it takes for you to win?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This RP will be centered around a contest, and the disturbing events that are happening around the town. Will you be the cause of said disturbance, or will you be apart of the solution. Your character will be either a band member or a local who is helping out with the set up for contest. The setting will be Salem, Massachusetts, as I love the idea of a Wicken setting. There will be a bit of drama as things will happen to try and sabotage the contest at every step of the way.

Rules-
  1. Be kind. This is self explanatory. I want everyone to be respectful of each other's feelings while in the conversation.
  2. Keep things related to the RP in the discussion thread. I do not want to have the mods get on this thread have to shut it down for being off topic.
  3. No one person's character is the best. We are all equal in this story, as this is a collaborative effort by all of us.
  4. You are allowed to have as many characters as you can handle. Though they must either be in the same band, or patrons that are there to attend the contest.
Here is the character bio. Feel free to get creative with your character. Make them as unique as possible.
Name:
Sexuality:
Physical Appearance:
Casual Clothing:
Stage Clothing:
Band Name:
Band Members:
Role in the Band:
Hometown:
Other
People who might be interested.
@ThePlayfulFox, @RenzFlintrock, @Eliiiscool, @Cryronn the Mudkip, @MarcelGalliard790, @EeviumZ, @Hecotoro, and @DoggoKing22

I dunno wether I'll stay committed or not, this is a bit of a new concept for me... Ah, what the heck, I'll test the waters and drop out if it doesn't suit me.

What age should these people be (a range).

I would say the youngest contestant should be around 16. I do not want younger then that as I plan to have a bit of happening in the contest, and I do not want to offend anyone who may read the RP with that sort of thing.

Also yes Playful I will reserve a spot for you.

Emo I love RPing with you, but I need to ask first before I consider this. Are you really gonna put effort into this RP or let it drop like the others? Because I know you've been really busy lately and being in charge of an RP is gonna require time

Yes I am going to be putting effort in this, as my job hours have been cut due to high labor, so I will have the time to take on this leading role that the RP requires. I plan on not letting them get away from me as I want this go on. I have had this idea for bit, and I really want to do it.

Yeah I do not mind at all. Like I said before, I do not mind how many characters you have. I just do not want to have any conflicts with people having more then one band. So while you may have more then one character they have to be from the same band, or someone who is there for the contest.

Okay here is my band.
Name: Ron Towers
Sexuality: Straight
Physical Appearance: Ron is 6'0, he has a lightly tanned skin, brown eyes, neatly trimmed black beard, a black mohawk, both arms tattooed completey with tribal designs, including the name of his two sisters on his hands, Azumi on the left and Maker on the right.
Casual Clothing: Black muscle shirt, Jeans and black boots. He had rings on both his middle fingers and thumbs.
Stage Clothing: Same, but with a sleeveless Jean vest over his shirt.
Band Name: Rock-A-Fellas
Band Members: Azumi, Maker and Ron
Role in the Band: Drummer
Hometown: NY, USA.

Name: Azumi Towers
Physical Appearance: She is 5'3, light blonde hair and dark blue eyes. She has a serious expression most of the time, but when she smiles she lights up the room. Her hair goes down halfway to her back, it's wavy and very well taken care of, just like her light skin. Her nails are always neatly kept, just like every inch of her.
Casual Clothing: White longer sleeved blouse, jeans, white low top sneakers and a silver necklace.
Stage Clothing: Black long sleeved shirt, with a sleeveless jean vest over it. Black jeans and boots.
Band Members: Maker, Azumi and Ron
Role in the Band: Bass and singer.
Hometown: London, UK
Other: Maker is her twin sister.
Name: Maker Towers
Physical Appearance: Same as Azumi, with few changes. She has longer hair, with a red streak going down in front of her face. She also has a tattoo showing a tower on her right wrist and a blue gem on her left.
Casual Clothing: Black muscle shirt with a red sports jacket over it. The jacket has white long sleeves and a white star on the back. She wears black leggings and red high top sneakers. She has a golden necklace.
Stage Clothing: Changes the sports jacket for her jean vest and sneakers for black boots.
Band Members: Azumi, Maker and Ron
Role in the Band: Guitar, singer.
Hometown: London, UK
Other: Azumi's twin

@Hecotoro, I love the band. I can not wait to see them in action. I already know that based on other RPs that I have been in with Ron, that the character I am making for this RP, will hate him at first. Also Accepted.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Yuuki Lightwood
Physical Appearance: 5'6", skinny but mature and athlethic build, she has a scars on her left shoulder, right leg and right hand, she also has evidence of old bruises all up her back
796842_screendShot_2020-03-03_21-31-23.png

From: Pitzmaker(GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EightStudio.PitzMaker&hl=en_US
Casual Clothing: Yuuki usually wears tight jeans, black flats, a black t-shirt and a white hoodie with bunny ears on the hood.
Stage Clothing: On stage Yuuki wears brown boots, a white tank-top under a red tartan shirt and blue jeans, she has her hair tied in a ponytail.
Stage Name: Hope Snowfall
Role in the Band: Singer and Guitarist
Hometown: London
Other: She was once in a band but they never entered battle of the bands due to there age and broke up 2 years ago, since then she as been a solo act.
Name: Bellamy Lightwood
Physical Appearance: 6'8", pretty muscular, has a scar across his chest and a tattoo of a fox across his back.

From: Pitzmaker(GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EightStudio.PitzMaker&hl=en_US
Casual Clothing: He wears black trousers, a black t-shirt under a black and red overcoat and black boots.
Role in the Band: Manager
Hometown: London
Other: He is Yuuki's father, her mother and Bellamy divorced as she was abusive to both her husband and daughter, the police got involved in the end and she ended up in prison.

Here is one of my characters. I will have one or two more up in a bit.
Name: Thorn Blake
Physical Appearance: Thorn has pale skin that has light pink undertones. Her build is that of petite swimmer. Her eyes are a dark green that are offset by long black lashes. Now because of her band, Thorn wears fake vampire teath. Thorns hair is a very dark red, so dark it almost looks black in a way. Her hair is long and straight as if comes down to the middle of her back. Thorn has bangs that blend into her hair. Thorn tends to wear heavy make up in black, with a dark red lip. In her nose she wears a black ring that offsets her pale skin. She tends to paint her nails black. He nails are long and pointed.
Casual Clothing: Thorn tends to wear a lot of black. Her go to is a black graphic tee, with a pair of ripped jeans, and a pair of combat boots. Another outfit of hers is a black skirt, with an oversized band tee, and a pair of dark red converse.
Stage Clothing: Thorn tends to wear a black dress. This dress ends about her knee. It has a slit on the right side, that starts at mid thigh. The top of the dress has a v neckline and sleevless. She tends fo wear a black choker, with a longer necklace. The longer necklace is a jar that holds various herbs and protective crystals. For shoes she tends to wear black heels.
Band Name: Witches of the Moonrise
Band Members: Thorn, Sage, Saphrax, and Rowena
Role in the Band: Singer/Song writer
Hometown: San Francisco, Illinois.
Other:

First of all- yay original ideas! This looks great! Also, don't call me a stalker, but I've noticed that you have a pattern of bringing up music in your RPs XD. Is it a hobby, or something?
This is kinda a weird question, but if I have multiple characters will I have to RP them all equally? I mean, they'd all be equally developed and have their own time int he spotlight, but if I have a band it'll likely be 4 people. 4 people is a lot to type up every time I post, would it be alright if sometimes some of my characters just got a little bit more love than the others?
Question number 2: can I make all males? Also a weird question, now that I think about it XD. I don't know why but I really can't see my characters having the same dynamic if it's a mixed group. I guess I could do all females too, though my typical RP preference is males. Anyways, sorry for the rambling. The reason I ask is because I know that some people are more picky about having a gender balance in their RP's, so I guess I'm asking for your opinion. What would you prefer from me? All male, all female, or mixed group (most likely 2:2)?
@EmoKitty21

@Barefoot_Kittens, First of all I do not mind the group of all males. My band was almost all females, so I do not mind. Saphrax, the only guy on my band is gay. Also thank you for noticing the idea, it is actually a bit of a mixture of things. One of the them included Scooby Doo, so expect some monstrous shenanigans. Another thing is as long the characters are not just thrown away, I do not mind staggering the attention that you give to your characters. On the note of music in my characters/RPs, it not really a hobby, but more of something I enjoy. It started when I was in school, and joined band and choir.

Name: Arthur "Art" Crepton
Physical Appearance: Arthur has, what his band mate's call, "the whole lead singer thing going on." With a gentle nature of soft, pretty face he pretty much perfectly fits the boy-band stereotype, which, of course, the others make sure to use against him plenty. Art stands at a perfectly average height of 5'9, with a rather lithe body. He sports thin shoulders, and delicate limbs- honestly he looks kind of breakable. Arthur's complexion is a natural beige color with extremely faint freckles across her face and limbs, the more apparent moles occasionally spot his body with the most noticeable being the beauty mark above the left corner of his lips. Arthur has a slender face with a long, rounded nose and blushed, thin lips. Rich eyebrows are a coffee brown hue and thick but neat as they shadow a pair of icy, gray-blue eyes that are hallow and rather emotionless, his eyes are outlined by prominent thick lashes. Matching his dark brows, Arthur's expresso-brown locks are neat and close cropped to his head. Styled in a type of crew cut in which the hair on the top of the head is just long enough to push into a left sided part.
Casual Clothing: Arthur is a simple man, especially when it comes to dressing himself. Despite the persistent begging of Caspar to get some sort of style, he's made up his mind of wearing the exact same thing since high school. Art wears a pair of relaxed, pale blue jeans that are slightly worn at the knees and matches it with a long sleeved, plain gray shirt. Art also sports a pair of sun glasses most of the time, hanging from his collar if not on his face. He wears a the same pair of black sneakers every day, although he does have a fairly large collection of weird socks that nobody sees because of his jeans. His favorite pair to wear depicts a unicorn riding on a human's back. Arthur matches his formal wear with a pair of slick black shoes.
Stage Clothing: All of the boys are expected to dress nicely while performing. Art opts for a simple pair of dark gray dress pants and and a long-sleeved, white collared shirt. A recent addition to his attire was a bright blue bow tie- forced upon him by Caspar after being scolded for being too "meh".
Band Name: Last Chance
Band Members: Art, Jason, Rollie, and Caspar
Role in the Band: Guitarist + Lead Singer
Hometown: Tolland, Massachusetts

Name: Rolland 'Rollie' Jones
Physical Appearance: Rolland was always a "big kid" even before he started working out as a teenager, he was the same towering height and thick build, and his face just screams "bully". Rollie never found it an insult, in fact he enjoyed playing into the big and scary character, choosing to style the rest of himself to fit the picture. Rollie's extended hair just reaches 6'4, although he's 6'3 in the rain. Rollie likes to lift, and if it isn't obvious by how often he brings it up in conversation, it should be obvious upon looking him up and down. Though not overly defined, Rollie's limbs are buff and round- rather the opposite of some of his band mates. Rollie sports fairly tanned skin, a rich caramel color that comes from a tad too much sun exposure. His complexion is mostly clear aside from his 3 tattoos: a bear paw on his left bicep, a pineapple on his right pec, and a large smiley face on his right forearm. Rollie wears a masculine expression, with a square face and sharp features including the bit of dark stubble that lines his jaw and chin. Rollie has slender eyes, a honey brown color which is rather soft compared to the rest of his appearance. Rollie wears his dirty blonde hair is shaved into a skin fade at the bottom, while the unruly top is messily pushed back to make a few curly waves.
Casual Clothing: Rollie hates dressing up, although he does it for performances, it's hard to find things in his size so he's always opted for comfy. When in casual attire, Rolland wears a pair of baggy black sweat pants and a tie-dyed, rainbow tank-top that matches a pair of white canvas shoes that a friend had painted rainbow for him. Rollie also wears two friendship bracelets on his left hand, one from each of his younger sisters. When out and about, Rollie typically would sport a hat of some king, most commonly a baseball cap but occasionally a visor or bucket hat. He also wears a black stud earring in his right ear.
Stage Clothing: All of the boys are expected to dress nicely while performing. Rollie wears a pair of sienna colored trousers with a baby blue collared T-shirt with white polkadots, most of the time the top two buttons of his shirt is undone. Rollie also sports a pair of shiny, white dress shoes.
Role in the Band: Drummer

Name: Caspar Freek
Sexuality: Gay as hell
Physical Appearance: Caspar is the definition of vain. The band's beauty guru and personal narcissist, the young man never has a hair out of place and puts his image above all else- constantly commenting on and trying to assist with his band mate's appearances as well. Caspar fancies rather puffy and oversize clothing, which doesn't exactly accentuate is lithe build but he'd actually rather small. Caspar stand at 5'6 but a pair of heels can fix that off the bat, though he is by far the skinniest member of the band. Caspar sports bronze, spotless skin which is always shiny and clean. He has, in the past, grown a rather extravagant beard, but for now he's clean shaven. Casper has a triangular face, with a sharp jaw line and perky expression. His noise is small and pointed with thick lips occasionally sporting a layer of gloss. His high cheekbones are accompanied by ovular eyes of a bright, emerald green color which sparkles in the sunlight. Caspar wears thin, arched eyebrows of a solid black color which matches his shiny hair. The pride of Caspar's image is his luscious, jet black hair which is styled in a simple bob cut off at his jaw, just below his ears- his hair is parted in the middle and is layered just slightly to frame his face.
Casual Clothing: Caspar's closet changes about as frequently as his favorite color does- often. He likes to wear bright, extravagant things most of the time but his outfit completely depends on his mood. His current phase is floral, as he is most often caught in a pair of baggy, white palazzo pants and a pink, floral bomber jacket with nothing underneath. He matches the odd attire with a pair of white clogs. Caspar always wear jewelry, he doesn't leave home without it. It's typically one of two rings per hand and a couple dangle bracelets, but he's known to stack 4-6 necklaces on top of each other. Caspar also wears dangly, soft feather earrings that match his jacket colors.
Stage Clothing: All of the boys are expected to dress nicely while performing. Caspar goes all out when he performs. He wears a pair of tight, black dress pants with shiny silver pin-stripes and a sparkling diamond belt. A bright pink dress shirt is worn under a pair of diamond clad suspenders with a black bow tie around his neck. Caspar also sports a pair of neon pink, platform shoes.
Role in the Band: Keyboardist + Backup Singer

Name: Jason Doner
Sexuality: Bisexual
Physical Appearance: Jason's youthful appearance and constantly puzzled expressions earned him the nickname "baby-face" by the rest of the band members, although he's actually the second tallest in the band. Jason's face pretty much says 'fresh out of highschool', but no matter how hard he tried he can't grow facial hair or gain any muscle so he's basically given up at maturing. Jason stands at 5'11, though a natural slouch makes him seem a little shorter than that. He has a fairly average build, but the rest of his demeanor just makes him seem smaller than he is. Jason's skin is pale with a flushed pink undertone, and red freckles dust his cheeks and limbs. Jason sports a round face, with a button-like nose and large eyes. Jason's eyes are a rich brown color that almost looks black and his pumpkin-colored eyebrows make him very easy to read. Jason's hair is a carrot shade of red with lighter highlights on the top, it is styled in the traditional 'justin-beiber' look, with a shaggy moptop brushed to the right with his fingers.
Casual Clothing: Jason tends to wear exactly what you would imagine from a teenager. A pair of navy blue, ripped jeans and bright yellow clunky, stylish sneakers. He likes to wear graphic T's, and has yet to be embarrassed by his collection of childish T-shirts. His favorite are those of his with cartoon characters like Sponge Bob or Home Simpson, but his he was told not to wear obvious brands when with the band because they could get stuck with a fine. So, instead Jason wears a simply black Tee decorated with the silhouette of kittens playing with yarn. Jason also has a pair of reading glasses, although he does his best to avoid using them.
Stage Clothing: All of the boys are expected to dress nicely while performing. Jason sports a pair of black cotton pant with a long sleeved, red collared shirt tucked neatly into the pants. He then layers a black vest and long tie around his neck, and matches the outfit with a pair of red, leather shoes.
Role in the Band: Bassist + Backup Singer
Hometown: Chester, Massachusetts

BY GOD'S MIRACLE I'M DONE! I'm just gonna act like this didn't take me 2 hours that I should've been doing homework.

Last edited:
I will have the RP up a little bit later today. I need to finish up my band a bit. I am working on one character still. Here is the rest of my band, though Rowena is not finished as of yet.

Name: Sage Jackson
Sexuality: Striaght
Physical Appearance: Sage is a tall girl, as she stands around 5'11. She has a very curvy build, but by no means overweight. Sage is on the tanner side with Italian roots. Her hair is a golden blonde color. Sage like Thorn wears vampire fangs pretty much all of the time. Her eyes are a dark blue color. Makeup for her is a must have, as she tends to wear dark and heavy with a red lip. In her nose she has ring. Her ears have an array of piercings in them. Sage's hair is fluffy, with layers that make her hair look thicker then it is. Her hair comes to about the lower part of her ears.
Casual Clothing: She tends to wear all black most of the time. Her casual style is more of black corset dress. It is short, and shows off her curves. She tends to pair this dress with a pair of black heeled boots.
Stage Clothing: She tends to wear a black dress on stage. It is similar to the one that Thorn wears, but has a green tint to it. She tends to have a pair of black chunky boots that offset said dress.
Band Members: Thorn, Sage, Saphrax, and Rowena.
Role in the Band: Drummer and Singer
Hometown: San Francisco, Illinois.
Other:

Name: Saphrax Blackwell
Sexuality: Gay
Physical Appearance: Saphrax has a very small build. He is toned, with very pale skin. He has bright pink eyes, with very dark black lashes. Saphrax has high chiseled cheekbones. In his ears he has small gauges that look to have a blood red gem in them. His hair is a bright pink color, that compliments his eyes. Around his neck he wears a choker that has a blood red gym in the center. Saphrax's hair is long and comes down his back in thick layers. He will sometimes put his hair up into a ponytail.
Casual Clothing: Saphrax tends to wear a black v neck tee shirt. He pairs it with a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, and dark red skinny jeans. He always has a black leather jacket with him, even if he is not wearing it. Around his waist he will tie a dark pink flannel shirt that matches his eyes.
Stage Clothing: On stage, Saphrax wears a black form fitting dress shirt. It is open so it shows off his chest. He tends to pair this with a pair of leather skinny jean like pants. On his feet he wears a pair of black combat boots.
Role in the Band: Guitar and Singer
Hometown: New York, New York
Other: Is the cousin of Rowena

Name: Rowena Blackwell
Physical Appearance: Rowena has short dark purple hair that comes down to her shoulderblades. It is straight and has an ombre to a bright neon green. The part starts on the right and fluffs to left as she has alot of layers in her hair. Her eyes are a bright green that are from her mother's side of the family. She has pale skin with a slight tint of yellow. Rowena is taller then her siblings as she stands around 5'8. Though she has a small build, she is very toned from her training. On her cheeks she has a few freckles that she hates when they are pointed out.
Casual Clothing: Rowena tends to be the more calm one of the group. She mostly wears a black sweater over a white shirt. She pairs this with a pair of skinny jeans, and dark brown boots over them. Rowena will always have her shoulder bag with her, unless she is performing.
Stage Clothing: When on stage, she will wear a black bodycon dress. It shows off her shape very well. She tends to wear a pair of fingerless gloves with the dress. Over top of her dress she wears a dark purple leather jacket. For shoes she wears a pair of heels.
Role in the Band: Keyboards, Bassist, and Singer
Hometown:
Other: The cousin of Saphrax

Last edited:
Alrighty, here it is, sorry I took a while, I'll most likely make another one if I get the creativity to do so.

Note: (@EeviumZ and I have discussed this, and our characters will be in a band together. Neon is my character, while Talia is theirs.)
Name: Neon Barry
Physical Appearance: Neon is a pretty tall guy, standing at around 6'1". He has tan skin that is spotless except for a small, black freckle on the top left corner of his right eye. (I dunno why I mentioned that, just go with it.) He has black hair that is spiky and swift and has dark blue tips. He has dark brown eyes.
Casual Clothing: He wears a black jacket with dark blue sleeves and shoulders. Underneath that he wears a dark blue short-sleeved shirt.
He wears black sports pants with two dark blue lines running down each leg. He wears black fingerless gloves. He wears black tennis shoes with dark blue soles. He has sunglasses that are usually on his forehead.
Band Clothing: Not very different from his normal attire, as he wants his attire to be recognizable, so he doesn't really change his iconic clothing color very much. (He had the same outfit made about 15 times, so he never really changes it.) Although, he wears black boots instead of tennis shoes, and his jacket is leather instead of normal fabric.
Band Name: Talia and him are still deciding.
Band Members: Neon and Talia.
Role In The Band: Guitarist/Occasional Singer.
Hometown: Mission, Texas
Other: He secretly has a deep fear of not being loved or liked. Although, he never shows this. Only people who know him well like his Band Member,Talia or his parents, know this. While he isn't Spanish, (He's American), he can still speak it fluently due to being born in an area where people are bilingual and speak English and Spanish. He can also have a million dollar smile, although, he usually only uses it on stage, off stage, he smiles normally.

Last edited:
@Captain Pokémon, Accepted. I love the character. I do not mind if you and @EeviumZ are in the same band. I will say if you guys want to have a different band then you may as well as this one. I just do not want people have full control of two different bands, as it might create problems in the RP.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
No, this will be our only band.

(Note: Captain Pokemon and I have discussed this.)
Name: Talia Silverstone
Physical Appearance: Standing at a relatively average height of 5'7, Talia has brown hair and brown eyes with caucasian skin and a slim build. She has few defining markings.
Casual Clothing: Casually, she wears a forest-green top with a pair of black jeggings and black combat boots. She also wears glasses, as she is nearsighted.
Stage Clothing: She swaps her glasses out with contacts, and wears a black top with a light blue zip-up vest. She also wears black jeans and retains her combat boots. She also does her makeup depending on the occasion.
Band Name: Undecided, as Talia is a very indecisive person.
Band Members: Talia and Neon.
Role in the Band: Vocalist, Pianist/Synthist.
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
Other: Nope

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
We haven't dropped, I haven't gotten a chance to write my post yet. Sorry guys, I'm dealing with some drama - both online and IRL - and my internet has been ridiculously slow lately.