• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Battle of the Bands (RP)

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Yuuki glanced down at her phone as the notification sound rang out, Bellamy had texted to say he had registered and was heading to check the rooms at the hotel, she sighed and started walking back towards the bench still singing as she walked and found to her surprise that Arthur was still there and Caspar had returned but they had another with them, she stopped singing abruptly, "Arthur your still here and Caspar your back did you sort out the problem you had to deal with" she asked innocently and then held her hand out for a handshake to the third boy "hello, I'm Yuuki, are you Arthur and Caspar's bandmates?" she asked sweetly.
@Barefoot_Kittens

Saphrax gave a very apologetic smile to Jason. He knew that the boy was upset about what Sage had said, so with a sad look on his face he looked down and would not meet the man's eyes. In a soft voice, he spoke to Jason. "I am sorry for the way my bandmate said whatever she did to offend you. If you want to go back to your own band I would understand. If you want to know what she was going to say, I will tell you, but you will most likely hate me for it. What Sable was going to say, was how long before you scare this on off with your gayness. She hates the fact that I might like someone who is from a different band, and most of the time when people find out about my sexuality, they do not want to have anything to do with me because of it. I will understand if you want to leave I will not stop you." With that Saphrax begun to walk off the bus. His face was one of sadness. He wanted to be honest with his new friend, and not keep one of the biggest secrets about himself from Jason. Even if that meant that the boy would not want to speak to him again.

Meanwhile-
In the stadium, there was a lot of bands that were present. It seemed that all of them were there, but there were not a lot of buses and other cars out in the parking lot. For safety of the contestants, the management pulled some strings to host them off sight. What was not part of any off the bands were the vast groups of workers setting up lighting. For a long time the place was a buzz of activity, that was until a very loud and shrill scream could be heard, followed by a loud crash from further inside of the stadium. This caused a lot of panic from the bands present, and caused a lot of the staff there to rush to where the scream was heard. It turned out to be a scream from a single girl who was on stage. She was one of the sound and light crew, and what had occurred, was a large light fell onto her legs, though it would have crushed her fully if she had not dived out of the way when she did. That being said she was in a lot of pain.

"Yup all of that just goes over there. Yeah, I'll be setting the kit up. Hey Lin did we pack my guitar?" Zak was getting the competitions roadies to put the drum kit on the stage.
"Zak!" Lin says back at the drummer pointing to the blue electric guitar leaning next to the trailer on the bus behind the stage.

It had been three hours since Star Zexyl's Bus had arrived. They had already registered, but of course, it took a little longer than it should've. Chase thought he forgot his drivers license and they all needed identification to register. Long story short, he left it in his back pocket.
Now that all the gear is unpacked we can go check in at the hotel! Zak thought. "Hey Lin! Round everyone up! We're going to go check in!" Lin nodded at the drummer and turned to get the rest of the band members. Star Zexyl had offered to help set up their belongings since they were playing first that night. The other bands were restricted to a certain area, for safety reasons Zak turned to his bags next to the stage and picked them up. Then suddenly, a large groaning sound came from the large beams above the stage and Zak saw a large set of lighting fall and crash on the stage.

"AIEEEEEEEEE!!" The sound of a woman screaming flooded the stadium. Zak rushed to the stage to see what had happened.
"What's going on here!?" He asked one of the backstage crew, who was rushing away from the scene before him.
"There was a malfunction and the ropes broke and I- I- I didn't even touch anything and-" He just looked in the direction of where the support beam had fell. The legs of a woman had be crushed under the lighting equipment. She was alive, but she seemed to be in a lot of pain. Zak left the backstage crew member where he stood and rushed over to the large crowd of people trying to free the woman, with Lin and Cherry following behind. And by the looks of things, they wouldn't be settling into a hotel for a while.

Last edited:
All three boys looked up simultaneously when Yuuki spoke from behind them, Caspar gave a thumbs up to her inquiry as Rollie shot him a glare. Problem? Was he the problem? But when Yuuki addressed him, he quickly forgot about the fleeting conflict in his mind "Yes ma'am." Rollie grinned as he took Yuuki's hand, his own large palm practically engulfing her dainty hand. He kept his lips pressed tightly together in order to keep from saying something stupid- were all the girls here cute, or was he just getting lucky and running into good ones? "And what might I call you?" Rollie's goofy smile quickly shifted when a cry sounded through the air. The large male and Caspar both jumped up and looked around, while Arthur stood seated with a rather unbothered expression.
"What was that?" Caspar questioned with wide eyes as he looked towards where the yell had come from. Rollie gritted his teeth before dashing towards where he heard the sound. Caspar muttered a curse as his band member took off without a word, "It could be trouble-" the thin male muttered. He certainly didn't want to go towards any danger, but what if there was some way he could help? The male was clearly torn as he chewed his lip and eyes flicked rapidly between his surroundings.after what seemed like a long time, Caspar muttered a curse before walkling after Rollie, better to be safe than sorry, right?
Arthur, still sat quiet and staring at Yuuki. He had heard the scream, but figured enough people would already be rushing in to help. More importantly, he wondered if it was Yuuki he heard singing. The boy had a very one-track mind, and the mystery of the hypnotic voice occupied his thoughts over the mystery of the painful yell.

Jason's shy gaze wandered the floor as a sort of silence fell upon the bus, eventually Saphrax broke the tension in a soft voice that cause Jason to look up. Jason held his breath upon seeing Saphrax's expression, he looked so defeated. Jason bit his tongue, it was a bad idea to come. He knew it'd be a bad idea, now he made Saphrax sad. As Saphrax spoke, Jason's face turned red and he fought back tears. He was a weak soul, sensitive to say the least, and if someone else was sad it wasn't long before Jason almost always followed suit. But as Saphrax spoke, Jason's brows furrowed and his ground his teeth together- the words he said seemed so stupid and trivial. First off, he had pink hair so Jason had his assumptions to begin with. Second, why would anyone turn away a friend because of their sexuality? He was upset, but no longer sad, infact Jason was mad. The fact Saphrax would even think such a thing meant that people in the past had hurt him- and Sable wasn't making it any better. Sill, Jason couldn't bring himself to say anything. Jason didn't even move as Saphrax walked past him, dejected and stepped off the bus. What could he say? Jason was never good with his words, he doubted he could even cheer Saphrax up if he tried. Jason sent one hard glare towards Sable, his rich gaze hardening into an expression he had never made before- it was almost threatening- as he locked eyes with her before marching off the bus and after Saphrax. Jason racked his brain, practicing in his head for what he'd say when he found the other male. "Saphrax?" Jason reached out a timid hand to tap the boy's shoulder, and suddenly all of his practice went out the window. He didn't know what to say, panicking Jason's lips moved on their own "I'm bi." the boy put simply before his eyes grew wide at what he had said. Nice one. Real smooth. Because, out of all the encouraging, reassuring things he could've said- Jason said the stupidest thing. "I mean, uh, I wouldn't leave you... for something like that." Jason corrected himself, granted the damage had already been dead. Jason sighed, and rubbed his eyes. Well, so much for having fun and meeting new people.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Yuuki turned to look in the direction of the scream "what was that, are you gonna go check it out Arthur" she said as she turned back to look at the boy "your staring again" she said putting her hands on her hip and leaning forward, "what is it?" she asked him, Arthur really did seem kind of strange, in fact his whole band, that she had seen so far, seemed pretty peculiar. "I'm gonna go see what's going on" she said turning away before looking over her shoulder "you coming?" she asked walking slowly so he could catch up if he was coming. She hoped it was nothing serious, it was probably a mishap with some equipment or something but she was still curious.
@Barefoot_Kittens

"Let's clear the stage everyone!" A small man in glasses and a hard hat walks through the crowd surrounding the woman stuck under the lighting equipment. A big crane looms over the stage and workers clip harnesses onto the metal beam, lifting the disfigured metal off the stage and into a nearby clearing. The small man stands on a cardboard box with extension cables written on the side. A larger, much less well dressed construction worker hands him a microphone. "The concert will continue as planned for tonight. Everyone can continue to work on their opening song. Go back to what you were doing. We will call a paramedic and everything will be fine. Thank you."

"Here you are, two of our room keys. Jean Claude (Look up how to pronounce this French guys name if unsure) will take your bags up shortly."
"Thank you!" Cherry said as the elevator door closed. It had been a while since the woman had been crushed. Star Zexyl had gotten their stuff set up on the stage. Now it was time for unpacking bags and setting up their rooms. In three hours the group would be on stage doing a sound check and getting dressed into their stage clothes. Lin shuffles closer to Audrey, who is holding their room key. There had been some compromisation between who would have to share rooms. Because they had spent all this time so far setting up, the maximum amount of rooms they could stay in had been reduced from four to two. So Cherry, Chase and Zak were sharing a room because Lin and Audrey insisted on having their own room. Three hours until their Battle of the Bands debut. They were so ready.
@Barefoot_Kittens @Shadow_Pup @Hecotoro @EmoKitty21

Last edited: