• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Battle Frontier group-shot

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If people haven't seen the pic Nem posted: nemesis.pokecharms.com/FrontierBrain.gif
(Copy n' paste)

Err... Yeah. Can I just say that the pink haired he-she (which is it?!) with the wings is kinda scary looking? So is the woman on the top-right corner, but in a more scary-cool way.

Overall I think the new group looks neat. I was never expecting something like this to hit a game like Emerald :)

Btw - does anyone know the translations for those words?

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I agree! Is that a girl or a boy? Or both? :twisted:

Mind you, after "Master Nascour" in Colosseum, no amount of transvestism would scare me. And hey, I know at least one boy who dresses like Nascour in real life - impossibly small corset and all.

One of my favourite video game characters ever, Timer from Pop'n Music, is apparently male but dresses a lot of the time like a Playboy Bunny Girl: See the Timer Cafe for Timer in male & female mode. And yeah, Pop'n Music is another game allegedly aimed at children (you can tell by the fact the boxes and instructions are written in katakana & hiragana rather than kanji).

Apparently, it's yet another of those things that Westerners think is terribly depraved but Japanese people just brush aside as normal. Like alien tentacle sex :roll:.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
That one who you're on about... Is a girl (due to sprite I've seen) or a really gay guy. Like Elton John (issat spelt right?) gay. Whee.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Not all Gay people are overtly camp you know :p. I happen to know a good few who you'd never consider Gay until they told ya.

I'll never look at you in the same light again Gary *sniff*, you told me you changed, you told me you weren't a Homicidal maniac anymore... *sob*

Back to the topic now and man I want that old dudes beard, only I actually want *his* beard, so's I could wear it on my head. Imagine the Guy's/Gal's/Gary's you could pick up looking like that.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Not all Gay people are overtly camp you know . I happen to know a good few who you'd never consider Gay until they told ya.

Which is exactly why I mentioned Elton whats-he-called.

*Note to self 93: Use the word 'camp' when refering to certain videogame individuals, such as Miror B.*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
XD

Miror B. was definitely scary but hands down he had the best battle theme in the game! Strike a pose peeps! :lol:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Best non R/S Battle music yes. But since the rest of the battle music in Colosseum sounds like crap placed onto a microphone and left there to hum in it's own stench, it's not exactly a crowning acheivement. ^^

Trainer_Yoshimitsu said:
That one who you're on about... Is a girl (due to sprite I've seen) or a really gay guy. Like Elton John (issat spelt right?) gay. Whee.

Ooooooooh, you're gonna have to deal with my psycho-dad. An Elton John fan, ooooooh. :p

Damn tongue smiley.

But yes, Nascour looked weird from my first glimpse. My first theory: SCOTTISH. :lol: For some strange obscure reason. Seriously. No offense to Scots, but he kinda looked Scottish what with the skirt and all. *avoids flaming haggis*

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Oooh! Pelt Gary!

And while we're here, is Miror B a guy or a girl? He/she scares me. And I can never figure out which gender s/he is.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Miror B is a guy. I wonder why they didn't use the correct spelling of Mirror B? It's not like there are not enough characters for the full name. (Unlike Feraligatr, which should be Feraligator)

Confuseth me some more and I'll pelt you all with haggis.

But yes, I always did wonder what a Miror was. I kinda figured it meant to be Mirror. But what the hell does Mirror B mean? :lol:

Maybe it's a play on 'admire'. Miror and 'mire' out of 'admire' sound sort of similar, and Miror B certainly acts like he wants people to admire him.

Trainer_Yoshimitsu said:
Miror B scares me though. What's with that hair? And how come all the Ciper Peons look like Power Rangers? *Sudders*

Duh! Our good friend Oak obviously invaded Nintendo and made them that way! :D

Nemesis

Former Administrator
His name is an abreviation of Mirror Ball. You know, those ball lights they had in 70s discos? Makes sense, since Miror B is obviously a disco type person. I even think there was a mirror ball in the arena when you first fight him, dont quote me on that though.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed. When I first say the name I always thought it was a take off "B Minor" or something... Music related n' all... Damn was I stupid x.X

We need to start a topic that explains all the stuff that goes into Pokemon names/character names. Some are pretty easy (like Ash "Ketchum") but some still have me wondering where the heck they came from (mostly random Pokemon).

... *Runs off to Encyclopedia forum*

http://www.turquoisecity.com/upokedex/entryhtml/names/gyarados.htm

These are going in the UDex. Replace the word "Gyarados" with any Pokémon name, English or French (there are a few Japanese names in there, but not many: mostly Hoenn Pokémon). Curtis and I put these together, and hopefully we've nailed most of 'em!

Last edited by a moderator: