• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Battle Frontier Achievements and Teams

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Originally I'd posted this as part of the Charms Hall of Fame topic, but I think it deserves to stand on its own.

What are your Battle Frontier scores that you're proud of or medals you've won? Out of your medal wins, which are your most memorable for whatever reason?

Also, if you tend to use the same team of three at most of the facilities, or a few teams of three, what are they and how well do they work for you? (Stengths, weaknesses; which facilities they're best in; if they're used for 1 on 1, 2 on 2, or both, etc.)

If you have a digital camera or a scanner, remember to check out the Hall of Fame topic :wink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only been battling in the Battle Frontier for a few days so I haven't managed to rack up any good scores or medels. The team I've been pretty much using for all of the facilities, though, are these guys:

Swampert - Naive Nature
Strength (Yess... I know. Horrible. But Return wouldn't work right)
Ice Beam
Surf
Earthquake

Sceptile - Naughty Nature
Brick Break
Crunch
Earthquake
Leaf Blade

Crobat - Careful Nature
Sludge Bomb
Air Cutter
Confuse Ray
Shadow Ball

There are a few moves on them that I plan to replace (Air Cutter for Aerial Ace, Crunch/Brick Break for Thunder Punch, Strength for... Anything!) and I don't really know what to give them as hold items. Crobat has a Lum Berry which works pretty well, but I'm unsure about the other two.

So far the team has been pretty good, but they're better for 2 on 2 than 1 on 1. Any suggests for how I could improve them (that doesn't involve retraining)? I have three other Pokemon at level 50 who I could swap for - Manectric, Hariyama, and Magcargo - but these three seemed like the most solid team. Maybe not. Didn't really put that much thought into it ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That's actually a pretty good team (aside from the HM moves). It could probably beat mine at least :oops:

I've been planning to get a Ludicolo but I didn't finish training my Lombre for some reason (it's around level 32 or so). Same goes for Slaking, which is still just a level 30 something Vigoroth... I tried to train too many Pokemon at once and ended up getting bored ^^;

I actually found out that my Blaziken has excellent IVs overall, the best one being attack. And if I recall correctly, its nature is + Attack, - Defense or - Sp. Def. Also, I think most of its EVs are in attack and sp. attack. So, I really lucked out with her - it was my first pick at a starter (no resets), and just battling everything that came up during the game.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I've traded over my level 79 Pokemon for the 60+ challenge mode:

Salamence (Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Crunch, Aerial Ace)
Metagross (Earthquake, Psychic, Lightscreen, Meteor Mash)
Blaziken (Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Rockslide, Mirror Move)

I always figured Dragon Dance was a level up move for Salamence that I ignored. Now I'm annoyed... It worked really well in Net Battle but there's no way I'm going to train another Salamence for it (there are other Pokemon I want to try out first). Crunch just isn't really that effective.

And yeah, these are just random Pokemon I'd trained to level 79 and were never meant to make a solid team. I have two others around the same level, Absol and Zangoose, but they'd die too easily to be of any use.

In other news... I beat Lucy! Rather easily at that. Metagross did kinda have the advantage over her entire team, tho ^^

I actually found out that my Blaziken has excellent IVs overall, the best one being attack. And if I recall correctly, its nature is + Attack, - Defense or - Sp. Def. Also, I think most of its EVs are in attack and sp. attack. So, I really lucked out with her - it was my first pick at a starter (no resets), and just battling everything that came up during the game.

Bah. I haven't had much luck at all with that. My Salamence is "average", my Blaziken is "better than average", and my Metagross is really good, but not "flawless". The only Pokemon I've gotten the outstanding response to are my Pinsir and Gradevior, two of the Pokemon I trained through out Emerald. The majority of my other Pokemon are just "better than average"... I compared IVs and everything before training them, too :(