• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Battle Chateau

This is a quick guide for the Battle Chateau, located on Route 7 in Pokemon X&Y.

The purpose of the Battle Chateau is to battle trainers to raise your rank, as your rank rises so does the trainer catalogue with the added trainers having higher levelled Pokemon. Another purpose is money making as all the trainers are based off of trainer types such as Rich Boys and Socialites

The ranks within the Battle Chateau are:
Rank 1: Baron/Baroness (1 Pokemon, Level 15)
Rank 2: Viscount/Viscountess (1 Pokemon, Level 20)
Rank 3: Earl/Countess (2 Pokemon, Level 25)
Rank 4: Marquis/Marchioness (2 Pokemon, Level 35)
Rank 5: Duke/Duchess (3 Pokemon, Level 45)
Rank 6: Grand Duke/Grand Duchess (4 Pokemon, Level 55*)

* = Uncofirmed

The trainers within the Chateau will cycle throughout the day and sometimes new trainers arrive while you're in the Chateau, you will be alerted to new trainers arriving while in the Chateau when entering a room.

While in the Chateau there will be a Maid stood by the door who will let you send Writs you can only have one Writ active at a time.
The Writs are:

Writ of Invitation (Increases the amount of trainers in a day) ($50,000) (available from beginning)
Silver Writ of Invitation (Brings in largest amount of trainers) ($100,000) (Rank 4 required)
Gold Writ of Invitation (Same as regular Writ of Invitation but brings in richer trainers and Gym Leader/E4/Champion) ($100,000) (Rank 2 required)
Writ of Challenge (Raises level of all Chateau opponents by 5 levels) ($50,000) (available from beginning)
Blue Writ of Challenge (Lowers level of all Chateau opponents by 5 levels) ($10,000) (Rank 5 required)
Red Writ of Challenge (Raises level of all Chateau opponents by 10 levels) ($100,000) (Rank 5 required)
Black Writ of Challenge (Raises level of all Chateau opponents by 20 levels) ($300,000) (Rank 6 required)

Once the rank of Marquis/Marchioness is obtained Gym Leaders may come to battle. Their teams are as follows

Marchioness Viola
Masquerain Lvl 40
Vivillon Lvl 40

Marquis Grant
Tyrantrum Lvl 40
Aurorus Lvl 40

Marchioness Korrina
Hawlucha Lvl 40
Machamp Lvl 40

Marquis Ramos
Victreebel Lvl 40
Gogoat Lvl 40

Marquis Clemont
Magneton Lvl 40
Heliolisk Lvl 40

Marchioness Valerie
Mawile Lvl 40
Sylveon Lvl 40

Marchioness Olympia
Sigilyph Lvl 40
Meowstic Lvl 40

Marquis Wulfric
Cryogonal Lvl 40
Avalugg Lvl 40

Once the rank of Duke/Duchess is gained the Elite 4 become available to fight while changes in levels and teams happen for the Gym Leaders. Their teams are as follows

Marchioness Viola
Masquerain Lvl 50
Vivillon Lvl 50

Marquis Grant
Tyrantrum Lvl 50
Aurorus Lvl 50

Marchioness Korrina
Hawlucha Lvl 50
Lucario Lvl 50 (holds Lucarionite)

Marquis Ramos
Victreebel Lvl 50
Gogoat Lvl 50

Marquis Clemont
Magnezone Lvl 50
Heliolisk Lvl 50

Marchioness Valerie
Mawile Lvl 50
Sylveon Lvl 50

Marchioness Olympia
Slowking Lvl 50
Meowstic Lvl 50

Marquis Wulfric
Abomasnow Lvl 50
Avalugg Lvl 50

And the E4

Duchess Malva
Pyroar Lvl 55
Talonflame Lvl 55
Chandelure Lvl 55

Duke Siebold
Clawitzer Lvl 55
Barbaracle Lvl 55
Starmie Lvl 55

Duke Wikstrom
Scizor Lvl 55
Probopass Lvl 55
Aegislash Lvl 55

Duchess Drasna
Dragalge Lvl 55
Noivern Lvl 55
Altaria Lvl 55

Then finally after you gain the title of Grand Duke/Grand Duchess, the Champion will be available to battle. Their team ares as follows

Grand Duchess Dianthia
Hawlucha Lvl 60
Goodra Lvl 60
Gourgeist Lvl 60
Gardevoir Lvl 60 (hold Gardevoirite

Last edited:
I'm currently a Duke, and I didn't even know there was a rank higher than that, so thanks for the info. I guess it's time to do some more battling.

Another purpose is money making as all the trainers are based off of trainer types such as Rich Boys and Socialites
It might also worth mentioning that there are a few trainers who have all-Audino teams, so it exists for the purpose of power-leveling as well.

"Rank 5: Duke/Duchess...(only unlockable after defeating Elite 4)" Definitely not true. I can't remember if I had only 2 badges or if I had just gotten my 4th, but you certainly do not need to beat the Elite 4.

I am skeptical of having Duke/Duchess after 2 badges considering the level 45 opponents and E4 rematches and especially from a newly joined member (this attitude may be a bit prejudiced but for all I know it could be a troll account or a n00b providing false information because I have seen that happen before (also most of the n00bs come from Serebii and we generally don't trust anything from there)) . I've had multiple people tell me my information is correct, I'll update it with a question mark next to the statement for now until someone I can trust or a reputable source also confirms your statement

I just got Duchess rank, I'm only at 6 badges. I would speculate that one prolly wouldn't see the elite 4, or even gym leaders they haven't beaten showing up until they reach those milestones. I base this guess off the fact that I've only seen gym leaders I've beaten in here thus far. But the Duke/Duchess rank themselves definitely do not require beating the elite 4.

Can take a look at my timeline if you want proof =) http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/T-269-5247-F/timeline

I like the Battle Chateau quite a bit as it's good for the experience. However I doubt I'll ever be using the writs because I primarily visit to farm it for money lol. I'm currently at the rank of Marchioness because I largely ignored the Chateau until after the E4.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I dunno, @Carmen Lopez - the Writs of Challenge increase the number of trainers that visit, and you very quickly recoup the cost of issuing them. I think of them as an investment, really - you pay some money in order to receive a lot more money back.

I'm still at Marchioness and would be bored if it weren't for the Furisode Girls with their Audinos. However, my Lucario (received as part of the story) is now level 52, the same as the rest of my team, so I've achieved that at least :angel:.

I really do want to know about that rumour of the coupon for the Lumiose City expensive boutique. Can't see anything available for PokeMiles yet...

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I got the title of duchess at the end of my 6th badge. I've been using the chateau to train Pokemon. (I have one level 50 Pokemon and the rest are like level 5) Love the audinos there. Usually after a battle like that I'd see 2 or 3 Pokemon evolve at once.