• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Barbalfish

A

Anonymous

Barbalfish is when translations go wrong, it's a lot easier to understand if you see it-

Orinagal
Alue: This is good! You got us lost again Felix!
Felix: You were the one who wouldn't ask for-
Alue: Just shut up!
Raichu: Hey! I found it!
Alue: No thanks to Felix...
Felix: Shut it!

Japanese and back
Alue: This is good! With Felix which is lost for the second time finding in us!
Felix: It was the wouldn' person; t asks
Alue: Tighten exactly!
Raichu: Just a little! I found that!
Alue: Calling you obtain, it is good. In Felix…
Felix: That it is tightened

What I want to know is if anyone has ever had a barbalfish and what it was.

If tomatoes are a fruit, then surely ketchup is a smoothie?

Translate to japanese and back =

Is the ketchup the good person of a hit certainly, if the tomato is fruit?

>_<

Last edited by a moderator:
English- Japanese and back bandwagon join: Beatles~

'Ad hoc, ad loc and quid pro quo; So little time, so much to know.' -My favourite quote, from The Yellow Submarine.

'Ad hoc compensation expense, and advertising, please, so little time, so you know.'

...xDD

My own message:

'Merry moe moe kyun to Toru, Tunduli's art is awesome and so are her dragons, rock out with your band 'Goofy Ninja's', Brendan, and shine on, Shiny~'

'Moe Moe Kyun and Mary T. are, Tunduli art is so great, her dragon, ninja ~ Goofy your band ', and Brendan shining, and outside light rock'

...xDDDDDDD

A

Anonymous

Hurro again peeps, it's Thepyro with another barbal fish for you all~

Orinagal
Thepyro is a pikachu who is most likely related to sliver the hedgehog, or a statue, who knows?

Japaenese and back
The porcupine it has been related Thepyro with the sliver perhaps, or you verify, pikachu which is statue?

So, now silver is a pikachu and I'm a porcupine? Wierd...

Chinese and back
Perhaps the porcupine it is with lobe's involving Thepyro, or you confirm, is statue pikachu?

So now I'm a statue?

French and back
Perhaps are the prickly customers it with implying Thepyro of the lobe, or you, do the statue confirm are pikachu?

O.O now that's just creepy...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There's a website that actually runs that translation script multiple times here. Results are often hilarious.

One of my favorites was sequence of translation of "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" resulting in "Teller of Untruths, Your Trousers Have Combusted". And who could forget the old (and possibly urban legend) anecdote about translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" into Russian and back, resulting in "The Vodka is good, but he meat is rotten."

But here's a bunch of less anecdotal ones.

Original English Text: My hovercraft is full of eels.

Japanese and back: My hovercraft the eel is complete.

Chinese and back: My hovercraft eel is integrated.

French and back: My eel of hovercraft is integrated.

German and back: My Aal of the air cushion vehicle is integrated.

Italian and back: My Aal of the air cushion vehicle is integrated.

Portugese and back: My Aal of the vehicle of air cushion is integrated.

Spanish and back: My Aal of the vehicle of the pneumatic shock absorber is integrated.

~*~

Original English Text: There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty.

Japanese and back: It is and has been rich in wit but rather than being, one thing which passes in the bad world as for that has not been rich in wit.

Chinese and back: It on quick-witted is and is rich, but is not, in the bad world passes a matter as for is not rich for that on quick-witted.

French and back: It on with the sharp spirit is and is rich, but is not, in the bad passages of the world a question as for is not rich for that on with the sharp spirit.

German and back: It with the sharp spirit is and is switched on rich, but is not, in the false passages of the world a question, how which is richly switched on not for with the sharp spirit.

Italian and back: With the cutting spirit it is and it is inserted the rich ones, but it is not, in the false passages of the world a question, like which totally it is inserted not of with the cutting spirit.

Portugese and back: With the spirit of it cuts it is and it is introduced rich, but it is not, in the false passages of the world a question, as that it is introduced totally not with of the spirit of it cuts.

Spanish and back: With the alcohol of him the short thing is and rich is presented, but it is not, in the false steps of the world a question, as that is introduced totally with of the alcohol of him does not cut.

~*~

Original English Text: To be or not to be, that is the question!

Japanese and back: Because of a certain or because it is not, that is question!

Chinese and back: As a result of determination or, because it is not, that is a question!

French and back: Because of the determination or, because it is not, of that is a question!

German and back: Because of the regulation or, because it is not, from this is a question!

Italian and back: Because of the regulations or, because it is not, from this are a question!

Portugese and back: Because of the regulations or, because it is not, of this is one it asks!

Spanish and back: Due to the regulations or, because it is not, of this she is one that asks!

~*~

Original English Text: the ram goes baa.

French and back: the random access memory goes bleat.

German and back: the direct access storage goes to Meckern.

Italian and back: the memory of direct hit goes to Meckern.

Portugese and back: the memory of the direct stroke goes the Meckern.

Spanish and back: the memory of the direct movement goes the Meckern.

Oh my god, this thread xD

I decided to go a little quote mad on this and see what I came up with.

Original English Text:
You want to know why I don't keep secrets? I forget most of them.

Translated to Japanese:
なぜI don'知りたいと思う; tは秘密を保つか。 私は殆んどを忘れている。

Translated back to English:
Why I don' we would like to know; Does t maintain secret? I have forgotten the majority.

Translated to Chinese:
I don'我们为什么希望知道; t是否维护秘密? 我忘记了多数人。

Why I don' we hope to know; does t safeguard the privacy? I have forgotten the most people.

Translated to French:
Pourquoi I don' nous espèrent savoir ; t sauvegarde-t-il l'intimité ? J'ai oublié les la plupart des personnes.

Why I don' hope for us to know; does T back up the intimacy? I forgot them most people.

Translated to German:
Warum Hoffnung i-don', damit wir wissen; unterstützt T die Intimität? Ich vergaß sie die meisten Leute.

Why hope i-don', so that we know; does T support the intimacy? I forgot it most people.

Translated to Italian:
Perché speranza i-don', di modo che sappiamo; t supporta l'intimità? Lo ho dimenticato la maggior parte della gente.

Because hope i-don', so that we know; t it supports the intimità? I have forgotten the majority about people.

Translated to Portuguese:
Porque esperança i-don', de modo que nós saibamos; t apoia o intimità? Eu esqueci a maioria sobre povos.

Because hope i-don', so that we know; does t support intimità? I forgot the majority on peoples.

Translated to Spanish:
Porque esperanza i-don', de modo que sepamos; ¿t utiliza el intimità? Olvidé a la mayoría en gente.

Because hope i-don', so that we know; does t use intimità? I forgot to the majority in people.

How dare Babelfish destroy my quote... >>

Original English Text:
I know that one day, Veronica and I are going to get married ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN. And there's going to be flutes playing, and trombones, and garlands of fresh... HERBS! AND WE WILL DANCE. Until the Sun rises! And then our children will form a family band! AND WE WILL TOUR THE COUNTRYSIDE, AND YOU WON'T BE INVITED!

Translated to French:
Je sais que cela un jour, Veronica et I vont se marier SUR UNE MONTAGNE. Et there' ; s allant être cannelures jouant, et trombones, et guirlandes de frais… HERBES ! ET NOUS DANSERONS. Jusqu'à ce que le Sun se lève ! Et alors nos enfants formeront une bande de famille ! ET NOUS VOYAGERONS LA CAMPAGNE, ET VOUS WON' ; T SOIT INVITÉ !

I know that one day, Veronica and I will marry ON a MOUNTAIN. And there' S going to be grooves playing, and trombones, and garlands of expenses… GRASS! AND WE WILL DANCE. Until Sun rises! And then our children will form a tape of family! AND WE WILL TRAVEL THE COUNTRYSIDE, AND YOU WON' T THAT IS TO SAY GUEST!

Translated to German:
Ich weiß, dass den ein Tag, Veronica und ich AUF einem BERG heiraten. Und there' S, das gehen, spielende Nuten zu sein und Trombones und Girlanden, von Ausgaben… GRAS! UND WIR TANZEN. Bis Sun-Anstiege! Und dann bilden unsere Kinder ein Band der Familie! UND WIR REISEN DIE LANDSCHAFT UND SIE WON' T DAS HEISST GAST!

I know that a day, a Veronica and I ON a MOUNTAIN marry. And there' To be S, which go, playing slots and Trombones and Girlanden, of output… GRASS! AND WE DANCING. Until Sun rises! And then our children form a tape of the family! AND WE JOURNEYS THE LANDSCAPE AND IT WON' T IS CALLED GUEST!

Translated to Italian:
So che un giorno, un Veronica e la I su una MONTAGNA sposano. E there' Per per essere S, che vanno, giocando le scanalature e tromboni e Girlanden, di uscita… ERBA! E NOI DANCING. Fino agli aumenti di Sun! E poi i nostri bambini formano un nastro della famiglia! E VIAGGIAMO IL PAESAGGIO E WON' T È CHIAMATO GUEST!

I know that a day, a Veronica and on a MOUNTAIN marry. And there' For for being S, that they go, playing rabbets and trombones and Girlanden, of escape… GRASS! AND WE DANCE HALL. Until the increases of Sun! And then our children form a tape of the family! AND WE TRAVEL THE LANDSCAPE AND WON' T IS CALLED GUEST!

Eu sei que um dia, um Veronica e em uma MONTANHA se casa. E there' Para para ser S, de que vão, jogando ranhuras e trombones e Girlanden, do escape… GRAMA! E NÓS DANÇA SALÃO. Até os aumentos de Sun! E então nossas crianças dão forma a uma fita da família! E NÓS VIAJAMOS A PAISAGEM E O WON' T É CHAMADO CONVIDADO!

I know that one day, a Veronica and in a MOUNTAIN house. E there' It stops to be S, of that they go, playing grooves and trombones and Girlanden, of the escape… GRAM! E WE DANCE HALL. Until the increases of Sun! E then our children give form to a tape of the family! E WE TRAVEL THE LANDSCAPE AND THE WON' T IS CALLED INVITED!

Translated to Spanish:
Sé eso un día, un Veronica y en una casa de la MONTAÑA. E there' Para para ser S, de eso que van, jugando surcos y los trombones y Girlanden, del escape… ¡GRAMO! E NOSOTROS DANZA PASILLO. ¡Hasta los aumentos de Sun! ¡Nuestros niños de E entonces dan la forma a una cinta de la familia! E VIAJAMOS EL PAISAJE Y EL WON' ¡T SE LLAMA INVITADO!

I know that a day, a Veronica and in a house of the MOUNTAIN. And there' It stops to be S, of that they go, playing furrows and trombones and Girlanden, of the escape… GRAM! AND WE DANCE CORRIDOR. Until the increases of Sun! Our children of and then give the form to a tape of the family! AND WE TRAVELED THE LANDSCAPE AND THE WON' INVITED T LLAMA!

... Pffft xD One of my favourite lines from Anchorman got turned into... a monstrosity.

AND WE TRAVELED THE LANDSCAPE AND THE WON' INVITED T LLAMA.

Original English Text:
I am Heavy Weapons Guy. And this... Is my weapon. She weighs one hundred - fifty kilograms and fires two hundred dollar custom tool cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute. It costs four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon... For twelve seconds.

Translated to French:
Je suis type d'armes lourdes. Et ceci… Est mon arme. Elle pèse cent - cinquante kilogrammes et feux deux cents cartouches faites sur commande d'outil du dollar aux ronds de dix-millièmes par minute. Cela coûte quatre cents mille dollars pour mettre le feu à cette arme… Pendant douze secondes.

I am standard heavy weapons. And this… Is my weapon. It weighs hundred - fifty kilogrammes and fires two hundred cartouches made on ordering of tool of the dollar to the rounds of ten-thousandth per minute. That costs four hundred and thousand dollars to put fire at this weapon… During twelve seconds.

Translated to German:
Ich bin schwere Standardwaffen. Und dieses… Ist meine Waffe. Sie wiegt hundert - fünfzig Kilogramm und Feuer zweihundert Cartouches, die auf der Einrichtung des Hilfsmittels des Dollars zu den Runden von zehntausendst pro Minute gemacht werden. Das kostet vierhundert und tausend Dollar, um Feuer an dieser Waffe zu setzen… Während zwölf Sekunden.

I am heavy standard device apes. And this… Is my weapon. It weighs hundred - fifty kilograms and fire two hundred Cartouches, which are made on the mechanism of the aid of the dollar to the rounds by ten-thousandth per minute. That costs four hundred and thousands dollar, in order to set fires at this weapon… During twelve seconds.

Translated to Italian:
Sono scimmie pesanti dell'unità standard. E questo… È la mia arma. Pesa cento - cinquanta chilogrammi ed inforna duecento Cartouches, che sono fatti sul meccanismo dell'aiuto del dollaro ai giri da decimillesimo al minuto. Quello costa quattrocento ed il dollaro di migliaia, per dar fuocoe a questa arma… Durante i dodici secondi.

They are heavy monkeys of the unit standard. And this… It is my weapon. Hung one hundred - fifty two hundred kilograms and Cartouches put into an oven, that they are made on the mechanism of the aid of the dollar to the turns from decimillesimo the minute. That costs four hundred and the dollar of thousands, in order to give fuocoe to this weapon… During the twelve second ones.

São macacos pesados do padrão da unidade. E isto… É minha arma. Cem pendurado - cinquenta e dois cem quilogramas e Cartouches põr em um forno, de que que são feitos no mecanismo do dae (dispositivo automático de entrada) do dólar às voltas do decimillesimo o minuto. Isso custa quatro cem e o dólar dos milhares, a fim dar o fuocoe a esta arma… Durante doze segundos.

They are heavy monkeys of the standard of the unit. E this… It is my weapon. One hundred hung - fifty and two one hundred kilograms and Cartouches for in an oven, of that they are made in the mechanism of dae (dispositive automatic of input) of the dollar to the returns of decimillesimo the minute. This cost the four one hundred and dollar of the thousands, the end to give fuocoe to this weapon… During twelve seconds.

Translated to Spanish:
Son monos pesados del estándar de la unidad. E éste… Es mi arma. Ciento colgaron - cincuenta y dos cientos kilogramos y Cartouches para adentro un horno, de eso él se hace en el mecanismo de los dae (automático dispositivo de la entrada de información) del dólar a las vueltas del decimillesimo el minuto. Este coste los cuatro cientos y dólares de los millares, el extremo para dar el fuocoe a esta arma… Durante doce segundos.

They are heavy monkeys of the standard of the unit. And this one… It is my weapon. One hundred hung - fifty and two hundreds kilograms and Cartouches for inside a furnace, of that he becomes in the mechanism of dae (automatic device of the information entrance) of the dollar to the returns of decimillesimo the minute. This cost the four hundred and dollars of millares, the end to give fuocoe to this weapon… During twelve seconds.

Oh lawdy. 0.o I just want to know what 'to give fuocoe' means...

A

Anonymous

StellarWind Elsydeon said:
There's a website that actually runs that translation script multiple times here. Results are often hilarious.

What website do you think I was using? Anywho,

Oringal
If the cake is a lie, then is the pie the truth? and how do the cookies feel about this?

Barbalized
If is the voice of the cake, of that he real caramel? How and that biscorch of an interest of I do you finish to believe it which is in this in the connection?

Oh god that is strange XD

Well, I did this based on the idiots on the Thanksgiving day Parade who refuse to let up to let us see the real action.

Original:
So anyway, I learned a very important lesson. People on tv are idiots and refuse to stop talking.

Babelized:
So very nevertheless, I learned an important lesson very. People with the television-group are the idiot and lose the end to stop to speak.

I used that website and got a pretty drastic change...

Original English Text:
Figs are delicious (although I am yet to try them)
Translated to Japanese:
図は(私がまだそれらを試みるべきであるが)おいしい

As for the figure (I am still should try those, but) it is tasty

Translated to Chinese:
关于图(我是应该仍然尝试那些,但是)它鲜美

(I should still try these about the chart, but) it is tasty

Translated to French:
(Je devrais encore essayer ces derniers au sujet du diagramme, mais) il est savoureux

(I should still test the latter about the diagram, but) it is tasty

Translated to German:
(Ich sollte die letzteren über das Diagramm noch prüfen, aber), ist es geschmackvoll

(I should still check the latters over the diagram, but), is it in good taste

Translated to Italian:
(Dovrei ancora controllare gli ultimi sopra il diagramma, ma), è nel buon gusto

(I would have to still control the last ones over the diagram, but), is in the good taste

(Eu teria que ainda controlar últimos sobre o diagrama, mas), está no bom gosto

(I would have that still to control last on the diagram, but), is in the good taste

Translated to Spanish:
(Tendría eso todavía a controlar por último en el diagrama, pero), está en el buen gusto

(It would still have that to control finally in the diagram, but), it is in the good pleasure

xDDDD

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, let's see what our motto comes up with:

Original English Text:
We're crazy and proud!

Translated to French:
We' ; fou et fier re !

We' insane and proud Re!

Translated to German:
We' geisteskrank und stolz bezüglich!

We' spirit-ill and proudly relative!

Translated to Italian:
We' spirito-malato e fiero parente!

We' spirit-sick and fierce relative!

We' parente espírito-doente e feroz!

We' relative fierce spirit-sick person and!

Translated to Spanish:
We' ¡persona alcohol-enferma feroz relativa y!

We' relative ferocious alcohol-ill person and!

Perhaps we've found a new motto among these?

I'm just now posting in this?

Original: The cat played the fiddle and the cow jumped over the moon.

Japanese: The cat, the fiddle was done, the cow jumped over month.

French: The cat, unconsciousness does not stop to provoke the execution, the cow jumps in the month.

Portuguese: The cat, unconsciousness does not stop to cause to the execution the branch offices of the cow during the month.

Chinese: The cat, unconsciousness does not stop to provoke the execution, the cow jumps in the month.

Wut

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I am geek. I had to do it.

Original English Text: I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.

Japanese back to English: I everyone's thing way where it is am best, want. The train those the fact that those are caught in order to do my substantial test, is my cause of being.

Chinese back to English: My everybody's it is the best matter mode, the hope. Trains these situation these to be seized to be me tests massively, what is my reason is.

German back to English: Mine everyone is it the best mode of the material, hope. Form this for situation, around i-tests to be enormously seize those, which is my reason is.

Original English Text: Gotta catch 'em all.

Japanese back to English: The fact that the ' is caught was obtained; em entirely.

Portuguese back to English: The situation ' is apprehended, the end to alcangar; Entire extremity of the support.

Now that's a motto. :D

Link, I was inspired by your Babelizing of the beginning of the Pokemon theme song, and so, by popular demand, here it is, the whole song, Babelized!

Get the kareoke out, because if this isn't going to blow all the other theme songs to pieces wiht "original" lyrics, I don't know what will!

And here is the instrumental version, in case you want to sing along:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq4IcEA6AJI

Ahem... ORIGINAL TEXT
I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside

Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all
It's you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokemon
Oooh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Pokemon (Gotta catch 'em all)
A heart so true
Our courage will pull us through
You'll teach me
And I'll teach you
Pokemon (Gotta catch 'em all)
Gotta catch 'em all!

Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle every day
To claim my rightful place

Come with me
My time is right
There's no better team
Arm in arm
We'll win the fight
It's always been our dream

And now for the completely Babelized version....

BEGIN AWESOMENESS:

It would never want to be the best one,
of nobody I that I do not remain,
in the order to intercept my true test,
in the order that of the form my cause,
than I travel of the track far
and ingualmente that tries

each Pokemon the end to understand
to the energy that' S within Pokemon,
you reach, the end to intercept '

Extremity of the aid of all the
It' S you and I I knows it' S my destiny
Pokemon Oooh, you' in mine a better friend
in a world we must defend Pokemon (we reached, the end to intercept ' Extremity of the aid, than aligns everything)
within our value, losing in which it is of You' ll I and I' that informs; ll the Pokemon you door with (reaches, the end to intercept ' )
You receive the extremity of the aid everything, the end to intercept ' Extremity of the aid all!

Each challenge with value,
the one that the confrontation of I,
fights every day,
the end meanwhile maintains my station of the legitimate work
Venez with me, who is my exact time
There' S nobody the best handspike of the group in the We' handspike;
Victory of ll the It' fight; S is always our dream

ORIGINAL:

Natsu has pink hair. And Happy is blue. And hatched from an egg. GO MANGA!

BARBALISED:

JAPANESE BARBAL:

There is a hair of pink in Natsu. And happiness it is blue, but it is. And being devised from the egg. MANGA goes!

CHINESE BARBAL:

Has the pink hair in Natsu. And is happy it is the blue color, but it is. And devises from the egg. MANGA is!

FRENCH BARBAL:

With the pink hair in Natsu. And is happy that it is the blue color, but it is. And legacy of egg. MANGA is!

GERMAN BARBAL:

With that pink hair in Natsu. And it is happy that it is the blue colour, but it is. And Legacy of the egg. MANGA is!

ITALIAN BARBAL:

With those hair rose in Natsu. And it is happy that it is the blue color, but is. And inheritance of the egg. The MANGA is!

PORTUGUESE BARBAL:

With those the hair arose in Natsu. E is happy that it is the blue color, but is. E inheritance of the egg. The SLEEVE is!

SPANISH BARBAL:

With those the hair appeared in Natsu. And it is happy that it is the blue color, but is. Inheritance of and the egg. The COVER is!

Go Barbalfish ♥

I decided to try this, and I must say, lol-inducing is this~

English:

Introducing the magician of rock sheep, the electric manipulator, the fiery fighter, the talented haunter and the guy with the big sword!

barbled into japanese:

the sheep of the stone which has the large sword, the electric manipulator, extreme fighter plane, versatile haunter, and introduction of the conjurer of the person!

Last edited by a moderator:
English: (From SSBB thread~)

Dark Soul is an average citizen of 'Charms at day, noticeable by the variety of weapons that hangs from his belt and black jeans/t-shirt. But at night, he reveals his true self: A hybrid warrior, clad in shadows but with control over light. He fights with a lightning staff that focuses his light powers, double dao’s and a Colt.

Japanese:

ダークソウルは一日でチャーム'の一般市民は、彼のベルト/ Tシャツ黒のジーンズからハングアップする武器の様々な顕著です。影ではなく光を制御して身を包んだハイブリッド戦士:しかし、夜、彼は本当の自分がわかります。彼は光の力を集中雷のスタッフが、二重DAOの、コルトと戦う。

Back- English:

Dark Soul is a charm in the Sun 'is a civilian, his belt / T is a remarkable variety of weapons hanging from the jeans and black shirt. Hybrid warriors clad in light rather than to control the shade: but at night, you will see him myself. He centralized the power of light thunder staff, double the DAO, Colt fight.

...Why yes, I am a charm~

English:

When the opponent enters the stage, the moon and stars suddenly disappear behind giant thunderclouds that suddenly emerge in the sky. It starts raining, a cold, harsh rain. Lightning strikes the ground and when the light wears off, the teenager is standing right there, dressed in full armor and with his lightning staff held in both hands.

Japanese:

相手がステージを、月に入ると、突然空に現れる巨大な雷雲の背後に消えて突然星。それは、寒さ、過酷な雨雨が降って起動します。雷は地面を打つライトが消灯して身に着けているときは、ティーンエイジャーがよろいかぶとに身を固めて、両手で開催された彼の雷のスタッフと服を着て、すぐそこに立っている。

Back- English:

Against the stage and entered the moon, the stars suddenly disappear behind a huge thunderstorm suddenly appeared in the sky. It was cold and harsh rain starts to rain. When lightning is wearing off the lights hit the ground, a teenager in full armor, clothes and his staff held in his hands lightning, just standing there The.

The what? THE WHAT? TELLL MEEEE

...Ahum.

A

Anonymous

Another Barbal! enjoy :3

English:
I wish that we would all eat some cookies.

Barbalized:
I hope that the situation all the biscorches solved inside eats them.

XD