• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Banner of the week contest? Maybe? Just a suggestion.

Do you want Banner of the week contests?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, most forums have this. Maybe Magpie could host it (or me). This is how it would run.

1.The host would pick a theme for the first contest.
2.People make a banner, relating to the theme.
3.After the week is done, there will be a poll, called "BOTW #?" Then it will have everyones name, plus the banner they make. Maybe.. I could make the poll? :D.
4.Winner picks the next theme!

I just think this would be fun. If we can get at least 5+ People to enter, this would be a good idea. But, if any mod or admin doesn't want, it's fine by me. It's just a suggestion.

We had that before Forums asploded. Blisk and LoN hosted it, and it was pretty much how you described how it would work. I'd be willing to host it too.

And this would probably been placed better in "Site and Forum Feedback" rather than Random Chatter.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I'd like to see this return as well, although one thing that I liked about Blisk & LoN's contests that is different from what you described, Alejandro, is that it was anonymous. Everyone PMed their entries to Blisk and he uploaded them to his Photobucket account and then posted them. This makes it so that people vote simply for the sig, and are not swayed by names.

Anyways, I'd take part if this is brought about in some fashion. :3

Rayn_Shyu said:
We had that before Forums asploded. Blisk and LoN hosted it, and it was pretty much how you described how it would work. I'd be willing to host it too.

And this would probably been placed better in "Site and Forum Feedback" rather than Random Chatter.

I was thinking of that, but it didn't seem to match. I was looking for 'suggestions'. Oh wait isn't feedback suggestions? Could someone move this then.

Sure, I'm happy to restart this.

I think we still have some of the previous ones that need a poll sorting - I'll get chatting to Blisk about it ASAP.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
If this gets set back up, I'd prefer the previous hosts to host it again as they proved themselves highly competent, managing everything and keeping it organised. It makes sense to let the people with the experience run it, rather than someone who potentially could send everything tits-up.

I'd like to see this go up again. I probably won't be submitting anything much, considering I have the artistic talent of a quadruple amputee, but I'd definately vote a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.