1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandwidth suggestion for Alex

Discussion in 'Questions and Site Feedback' started by Trevlac, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Instead of emailing this where it'll probably get ignored, I thought I'd appeal it to the members of the community first. To solve the insane bandwidth usage problem I propose Alex setup a secondary website on a free host so that the bandwidth for the Trainer Cards maker won't be eating the forums and .com site's bandwidth.

Site proposed: http://www.sitesled.com for the 250MB Disk Storage and 1 Gig/Day Bandwidth.

I have no idea how much bandwidth Alex will need, never having owned a popular website myself. If anything he could make several versions and post mirror links to them in case one's bandwidth is totally eaten for that day. Hopefully this will help.

2. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

Although the bandwidth problem should be completely sorted out now (The TC Maker is down for other reasons), I might as well point out that at the moment, with the Trainer Card Maker in full operation, we eat up between 15-20GB a day at least. When the Trainer Card total hit 50,000 it took up 44MB - and that took one month to reach that total.

I appreciate the concern and willingness for people to help, but we do have it under control now. Thanks.

3. Oh, well if you ever need help you can count on me.

4. Boy people are obessed with TC's, we're swamped (no offense to anyone)

5. alot of people see em and want to show off their trainers for people in communities like gaia and ign.

6. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

Moot point, Pointless reply... Yep, I see warning/lock material here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.