• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Bandwidth suggestion for Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of emailing this where it'll probably get ignored, I thought I'd appeal it to the members of the community first. To solve the insane bandwidth usage problem I propose Alex setup a secondary website on a free host so that the bandwidth for the Trainer Cards maker won't be eating the forums and .com site's bandwidth.

Site proposed: http://www.sitesled.com for the 250MB Disk Storage and 1 Gig/Day Bandwidth.

I have no idea how much bandwidth Alex will need, never having owned a popular website myself. If anything he could make several versions and post mirror links to them in case one's bandwidth is totally eaten for that day. Hopefully this will help.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Although the bandwidth problem should be completely sorted out now (The TC Maker is down for other reasons), I might as well point out that at the moment, with the Trainer Card Maker in full operation, we eat up between 15-20GB a day at least. When the Trainer Card total hit 50,000 it took up 44MB - and that took one month to reach that total.

I appreciate the concern and willingness for people to help, but we do have it under control now. Thanks.

P

Pikachu_Master

Boy people are obessed with TC's, we're swamped (no offense to anyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.