• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Done/Fixed Badge Placement screwy

Hello and i found a bug that is very annoying you see when you place badges after 6 of them they start scattering in place in different spots. like the hive badge for example. can someone fix it? sry if someone already made a post like this and i did not see it ima noob :s

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Happy to help, but I'll need a little more information first:

Can I see a screenshot of what you're describing?
What background are you using?
What badges are you using?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The problem's deeper than that - I've managed to replicate it on any background with virtually any combination of badges.

So, for example, when you select all Hoenn badges for example (in their natural Stone/Knuckle/Dynamo/Heat/Balance/Feather/Mind/Rain order) and then attempt to rearrange them (I moved the Rain badge between the Stone and Knuckle badge) results in the order changing into something entirely different - I got Stone/Dynamo/Heat/Balance/Feather/Mind/Rain/Knuckle.

When Multiple region badges are involved the problem manifests as soon as you feed fourth or sometimes a fifth badge into the system. sooner or later the order breaks. For example, I used the Earth, Forest, Plant, Insect and Plain badge (in that order). As soon as I fed it the Plain badge the badges on the card rearranged to Earth/Plant/Plain/Insect/Forest. Rearrangement attempts sometimes yielded the correct result but other times yielded something completely different. I'm not quite sure there's some kind of logical progression behind this - at least, not a pattern I can personally identify.

But it's there alright.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The problem is basically that the order in the TCM wasn't handed to the generator properly, so it made it up based on database IDs and PHP's own quirks.

I've fixed this in TCM 4.0.4, which I will release and put up on the site soon. :)

Last edited: