• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Badge Concept

this is a concept i had for a "pokemon league badge" normally the center hole would be filled after defeating the champion. as you can see this the badge after beating the elite four, but before beating the champion. do you kinda get the idea? tell me what you think.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Very nifty idea, but where would you place it? Would the Gym Badge container have another one place for the League, or will the League have their own container? Anywhoo, if I (as someone who made their own Gym badges and knows of the horrors making original ones can leave on your soul), could make one suggestion, it would be that you try and make the 'background' colour not so bright. Instead of the pink, maybe a light grey or, for that matter, any other light colour, that way the Elite Four gems/badges will actually show up, and you won't be overwhelmed by the pink.

Other than that, brilliant idea and well sprited.​

Very nifty idea, but where would you place it? Would the Gym Badge container have another one place for the League, or will the League have their own container? Anywhoo, if I (as someone who made their own Gym badges and knows of the horrors making original ones can leave on your soul), could make one suggestion, it would be that you try and make the 'background' colour not so bright. Instead of the pink, maybe a light grey or, for that matter, any other light colour, that way the Elite Four gems/badges will actually show up, and you won't be overwhelmed by the pink.

Other than that, brilliant idea and well sprited.​

thanks for the input! i actually meant to do shading on the backround but im kinda lazy :p. so yeah ill change the color tho maybe a beige. as for my awesome badge spriting skill; i had to sell my soul to the devil (also i figured out that the best size grid to work with is 18 by 18).

I've got to agree with charaefive there, you should darken it a bit, so that the brightness of the individual badges will show.
That, is actually, an idea I have been thinking of for a while, having like, a separate one for each of the elite four, just to prove you beat them. :)
Well executed, hope to see more from you.

ok s above are the updated badges (the lighter ones). there is the one w/out the champion gem, one with the black champ. gem, and one with no gems. again, tell me what you think!

PS. i know, i double uploaded the original by mistake :p

heres another concept, it started out ok but i dont think it ended well...

[attachment deleted by admin]

I think it ended just fine, and I think that the new versions are pretty!

But again, with the colors, maybe you could just make a version to show us that is a little darker, might I recommend a navy blue, or forest green for the parst that are red/pink.

great job, though, they're coming out wonderful!