• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Avengers: United (Sign-Ups/Discussion)

RPers: @Stormursa, @AstralDarkrai37, @Espeon~, @Dave Strider

"And there came a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, they became The Avengers!"

So I tried doing this once, and it didn't really work... But I'm trying it again now, and hopefully it'll work this time!
Basically, the RP has a re-imagining of all the Marvel heroes and characters. Villains and side-characters may be the same, but main characters and story will be different. We're trying to make this unique - remember that. Eventually, the heroes will be forming into one team - the Avengers. So we're going to need at least the main five (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man and the Wasp). Don't worry - I'm taking one! Now, I'm going to list some rules.
1) There's a maximum of two controllable Avengers/heroes (for now, this may change after the first story arc concludes). This doesn't include side-characters or villains, of course.
2) Obviously, there's not multiple Thors running around at the same time. If a hero's already taken, they're off-limits. Unless you can justify it (i.e. Clint Barton and Kate Bishop both being Hawkeye).
3) Please don't make any characters that aren't main-series Avengers until we have the main roster of 12 filled out. It's fine if you want to be Wolverine or Star-Lord, but unless they're an Avenger it might be hard to incorporate them into the stories.
4) Follow regular Charms rules, of course.
5) NO ONE LINERS. I'm giving you two characters, people. AND NPCs! Use them! No excuses for one-liners.
6) Make sure your character has limits that are within reason. Sure, Thor's a god. And he is pretty damn powerful. Just give him some exploitable flaws. We're not having any Supermen here, folks!
7) To prove you read the rules, include "shawarma" in your Extra section.
8 ) I have a main concept of the story in mind, so I'm going to build on that. Follow along, but if you could allow me to control how the story flows.
9) Try not to deviate TOO much from the source material. But also make sure your character has a different twist or two from the official versions. And for the love of god, know the character you're playing!
10) Light cursing and violence is fine. Let's make this RP PG13 at most, just like the films and comics.
11) I already have backstories and such planned out for the characters, so when you make a selection I can tell you their history.
12) If you need to know anything, just ask!
Tell me if there are any changes or additions I should make to the rules. Anyways, I should probably mention who the "main roster of 12" I mentioned are. They are;
Iron Man (Tony Stark): @Dave Strider
Hulk (Bruce Banner):
Thor Odinson: @Espeon~
Ant-Man (Hank Pym): @Eeveechu151
The Wasp (Janet Van Dyne):
Captain America (Steve Rogers): @Stormursa
Hawkeye (Clint Barton):
Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff): @AstralDarkrai37
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff):
Black Panther (T'Challa, Son of T'Chaka):
Black Widow (Natascha Romanoff):
Vision:
There are also NPC characters you can take, if you want. They don't count as Avengers (at least not yet) but will be appearing in the series for at least a cameo, so if you want to take them do so. This does not count towards the character limit.
Nick Fury: @Eeveechu151
Maria Hill:
Phil Coulson:
Jasper Sitwell: @Eeveechu151
Dum Dum Dugan:
War Machine (James Rhodes): @AstralDarkrai37
Pepper Potts:
Happy Hogan:
Guardsman (Kevin O'Brian): @Eeveechu151
Samuel Wilson:
Agent 13:
General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross:
Betty Ross:
Rick Jones:
All-Father Odin Borson:
Lady Sif: @Espeon~
Hogun: @Eeveechu151
Fandral: @Eeveechu151
Volstagg: @Eeveechu151
Jane Foster: @Espeon~
Bill Foster:
Wolverine (Logan): @Dave Strider
Professor X (Charles Xavier):
Cyclops (Scott Summers):
Beast (Henry McCoy):
You're also going to have to fill out a character sheet for each of the respective heroes, if that's not too much hassle! Put my own down as an example. This is not needed for NPCs!
Hero:
Name:
Backstory:
Allies:
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought):
Hometown:
Extra:
Hero: Ant-Man
Name: Henry "Hank" Pym
Appearance: Looks the same as he does in the movie.
Backstory: Hank Pym was a scientist who miraculously discovered a serum that can change the size of atoms, and was traumatized by the accident that followed - he shrunk to the size of an ant, and ran for his life from ants. He decided not to sell the size-changing formula, as he had intended to, but instead chose to keep it for himself and become a super-hero. But first, he had to make a helmet that allowed him to communicate with ants and test out his shrinking powers. On his first test outing, however, he was captured by the super villain from the Microverse named Psycho-Man. Hank discovered here he retains the proportionate strength, speed and endurance of a full-sized human, which he used to tear through Psycho-Man's defenses with the help of his three new Ant-Friends Dave, Matthew and Adam. After taking down Psycho-Man, he started making a name for himself. This got the attention of the Mandarin, who sent Madame X to steal Ant-Man's gear. Hank took her down, with the help of his new partner Janet Van Dyne, AKA the Wasp, who had joined him to get revenge for X murdering her father. Janet joined Hank from that day on, and the two fought many different factions of crime across San Francisco. Their most notable enemies are Egghead, a criminal scientist, and Whirlwind, a mutant speedster who Ant-Man can just barely keep up with.
Allies: The Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), Elias Weems, Bill Foster, Black Knight (Dane Whitman), Dave (an ant), Matthew (another ant), Adam (a FLYING ant).
Rogue's Gallery: Egghead (Elihas Starr), Whirlwind (David Cannon), Psycho-Man, Black Knight (Nathan Garrett), Porcupine (Alexander Gentry), The Magician (Lee Guardineer), The Voice (Jason Cragg), The Protector (Gerald Marsh), Madame X (Nina Tsiolkovsky)
Hometown: San Francisco
So that's pretty much it. Once we get the first five characters we need (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man and Wasp) taken we'll be able to start.

Last edited:
Hero: Captian America
Name: Steve Rogers
Appearance: like he is seen in the movies
Backstory:
Allies: the avengers
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought): crossbones, Bucky Barnes, A.I.M, red skull, hydra
Hometown: Brookyln
Extra: shawarma

Hero: Captain America
Name: Steve Rogers
Appearance: like he is seen in the movies
Backstory:
Allies: the avengers
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought): crossbones, Bucky Barnes, A.I.M, red skull, hydra
Hometown: Brookyln
Well, right now the only villains Steve has fought are Hydra, Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Arnim Zola and Baron Strucker. He's on ice, remember? Also, I'm assuming you want the backstory of Cap?
Hey, I know Doctor Strange comes in later, but can I reserve him? Also, I have to go to sleep, so I'll make a Quicksilver bio when I wake up.
Sure! Just so you know, at this current point in the universe Pietro and Wanda are part of Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I can give a more detailed backstory, if you want. And actually, Steven Strange never becomes an Avenger. In this universe, he forms the Defenders.
Anyone want any NPCs, BTW? They don't count as Avengers, at least not yet.

Hero: Quicksilver
Name:pietro Maximoff
Appearance:Like he is in the movie, cause I like his appearance in the. Movie the best
Allies: Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Hometown:Serbia

I'll also make Iron Man, but I'm a little busy, so I'll make it later.

Last edited:
@AstralDarkrai37 I still haven't told you Pietro's backstory, which you'll need. It's different from what you presented. Also, would the X-Men really count as villains?
@Stormursa Well, we're taking into consideration that only some of Cap's villains are from World War 2. And I'll get to work on that right now.

Well, Rogues aren't necessary. For some characters (i.e. Quicksilver) you can't have them until a certain point in the RP. I'll get you your backstory once I'm done Cap's.

@Stormursa
Steven Rogers used to be a weakling and pushover, unable to stand up and fight because of his physical hindrances. But if he had anything, it was spirit. Steve never gave up trying, even after his best friend James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes left to join the army when he couldn't. His will to fight caught the attention of Doctor Abraham Erskine, who allowed Rogers to enlist. He was lacking in almost all of the tasks, but his mind and courage never allowed him to give up. Rogers was chosen for Project America, a program led by Howard Stark and Dr. Erskine to create a super soldier. Steve was injected with the Super Soldier Serum, which hurt - a LOT - but he powered through it. Suddenly, a Nazi spy broke in as soon as Rogers got out of the testing area, killing Erskine and taking the Super Soldier Serum. Rogers, enraged, took off after the spy, keeping pace with cars and being strong enough to flip the escaping spy's vehicle. The Super Soldier Serum cracked and was lost, and the spy killed himself with two final words - "Hail Hydra." Words that would stick with Rogers for the rest of his life.
Howard tried to convince the governmental liaison of the project, Senator Brandt, to not waste Rogers' potential and send him out onto the front lines. However, the Senator refuses, seeing the PR potential for Rogers. So he turns Steve into Captain America, the sentinel of liberty, and sends him on a tour around the Allied kingdoms and onto the front lines. When he reaches the front, Rogers learns of what's been happening. A failed mission has left a ton of soldiers captured by Hydra, a scientific division of the Nazis, and Rogers wants to go rescue them. Brandt gives him orders to stay away from the base, but Rogers refuses to listen. With the help of Howard Stark and Peggy Carter, Rogers parachuted into the Hydra base, freeing Jack Fury, Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Jim Morita, James Montgomery Falsworth, and Jacques Dernier from captivity with a ton of other soldiers. Rogers learns that Barnes was also captured, and goes to rescue him. He finds and frees Bucky, but before the two can escape they encounter Johannes Schmidt. Schmidt took the first version of the Super Soldier Serum, which (as he revealed) disfigured him and gave him a large red skull for a face. Bucky, Zola and Zemo all escaped from the facility, and Schmidt and Rogers battle as the base collapsed. The next morning, the captured men all return to base, led by Jack Fury, Bucky Barnes... and Captain America.
After seeing his combat skills and potential, Brandt allows Captain America to lead the offensive against Hydra, as the escaped soldiers tell of weapons created with the Tesseract. Cap took down Baron Zemo's Chemical Weapons Development Lab, Arnim Zola's Research Base, Baron Strucker's Military Encampment and the Red Skull's Construction Facility. This all led to The Howling Commandos charging the Skull's Hydra Castle, the final stronghold.
Red Skull was using the Tesseract to create weapons and conduct experiments alongside his two lead scientists; Baron Zemo and Arnim Zola, and Baron Strucker, his second-in-command. Howard Stark learned of this base through intercepting coded transmissions from Hydra. Cap, the Howling Commandos and Bucky attacked the base. They arrived at the lab just in time to see Zemo and Zola calling forth a creature from one of the other Norse realms with the Tesseract. The crew defeated the Hydra troops at the base, but Zemo and Skull escaped. The portal to the realms was still open, and the only way to close it would be to destroy the portal... at the cost of one's own life.
Bucky didn't hesitate.
Fueled by a burning desire for revenge, Cap pursued the two Hydra leaders onto Red Skull's personal ship. He battled Zemo in the storage bay, causing a heap of the doctor's own Chemical X to pour onto him. Cap couldn't waste any more time, so he headed to the bridge. There he found the Red Skull, and battled him. Skull accidentally touched the Tesseract with his bare hands, which seemingly killed him. From there, Cap crashed into the arctic ocean with the Tesseract. The ship was practically an atomic warhead, so he had to dip it into the waters to save the USA. The bodies were never recovered, and the Captain was presumed dead.

@AstralDarkrai37
Pietro Maximoff had a good family in Sokovia. Unfortunately, a battle between the terrorist forces of the Ten Rings and the military sent a Stark Industries branded bomb straight into the roof of the Maximoff's apartment. The shock of this incident awakened dormant mutant capabilities within Pietro and his sister Wanda, which they used to escape and flee. They were eventually found by Magneto, who promised to take them into a caring family once again and get revenge on Stark. Pietro accepted, heart burning with rage, and his sister followed. Magneto has lead them into battles many times alongside the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, assuring them that once the X-Men fell Stark would be next. But the Maximoffs are beginning to see that they truly are committing evil acts, and secretly favor the X-Men. Magneto has decided to abandon defeating the X-Men for the time being, retreating to his artificial island and preparing to strike. Pietro follows Magneto, but for how long...?

Okay, Here is my bio for the Prince of Thunder, Thor Odinson

Hero:
Thor
Name:Thor Odinson
Appearance: He looks the same way he does in the movies, here is a reference of him.
https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:...8beb8cc11ced998fc20ec49c128671dc1d.jpg?mw=600
Allies:The Avengers, The Warrior Three consisting of Volstagg, Hogun, and Fandral, Sif, and Jane Foster
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought):Loki, , Frost Giants, and Malekith, Leader of the Dark Elves, The Enchantress, Fafnir, The Executioner, Ulik and Absorbing Man.
Hometown:Asgard
Extra: Shawarma

By the way, I was not sure to put Loki as an Ally or a Villain, consisting he is both good and evil. So, I just put him in the Rogue's Gallery based of the first movie. But if you want me to change it, that's fine.

Last edited:
Okay, Here is my bio for the Prince of Thunder, Thor Odinson

Hero:
Thor
Name:Thor Odinson
Appearance: He looks the same way he does in the movies, here is a reference of him.
https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:...8beb8cc11ced998fc20ec49c128671dc1d.jpg?mw=600
Allies:The Avengers, The Warrior Three consisting of Volstagg, Hogun, and Fandral, Sif, and Jane Foster
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought):Loki, Hydra, Frost Giants, and Malekith, Leader of the Dark Elves.
Hometown:Asgard
Extra: Shawarma

By the way, I was not sure to put Loki as an Ally or a Villain, consisting he is both good and evil. So, I just put him in the Rogue's Gallery based of the first movie. But if you want me to change it, that's fine.
The Avengers aren't formed yet, but it does seem likely that Thor would have fought Hydra before. Loki counts as a villain here, and you can probably put down Ulik, The Enchantress, The Executioner, Absorbing Man and Fafnir as well. I can get to work on the character backstory for you. Accepted, BTW!

Also @Stormursa @AstralDarkrai37 and @Espeon~ are any of you going to take some of the NPCs? Remember, they don't count as full characters so they don't detract from your limit of usable heroes and don't require a character sheet.

If it's alright, I would like to play the role of Jane Foster or Sif. I would prefer Jane though, simply because it would be easier on me. But I can play Lady Sif if needed.

Okay. I'm totally interested.
For NPC's, I'm gonna snatched Wolverine before anyone else can.
Also, could Spider-Man be reserved for me?
As for the current options...
Is Iron Man taken? If so, I'll settle for Hulk then.

Neither Iron Man nor Hulk have been taken yet. And Spider-Man should be showing up later, as you know from the DCvM RP, but not for a while. And sure, Wolvie is yours.

Great. I'll settle for the millionaire playboy philanthropist (insert more if need be).

Hero: Iron Man
Name: Tony Stark
Appearance: Classic gold and hot rod red suit. If one doesn't know what the suit appears as, then you shouldn't be in this thread.
Backstory: As I've seen the ones for Captain America and Quicksilver, I believe it would only be 'traditional' for you to put one up.
Allies:
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought): As far as I know,
Iron Monger, Whiplash, the Mandarin, Dynamo, and Justin Hammer.
Hometown: ... I actually forgot... this is a sad day for me.
Extra: Shawna

I'll make one for good old Spidey when it's time for him to appear.

Hero: Iron Man
Name: Tony Stark
Appearance: Classic gold and hot rod red suit. If one doesn't know what the suit appears as, then you shouldn't be in this thread.
Backstory: As I've seen the ones for Captain America and Quicksilver, I believe it would only be 'traditional' for you to put one up.
Allies:
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought): As far as I know,
Iron Monger, Whiplash, the Mandarin, Dynamo, and Justin Hammer.
Hometown: ... I actually forgot... this is a sad day for me.
Extra: Shawna
Looks good! We're gonna say Tony's from good ol' NY for this RP, but has spent a lot of his life in Malibu. I'll give you a list of Tony's friends and foes.
Tony's Friends: Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan, War Machine (James Rhodes), The Guardsman (Kevin O'Brian), Jasper Sitwell
Tony's Foes: Madame Masque, The Ten Rings, Raza, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Whiplash, AIM, MODOK, Unicorn, Blizzard, Hydra, Baron Wolfgang von Strucker and The Mandarin.
I'll get you and Espeon your backstories tomorrow. All we need now in order to start is a Hulk and a Wasp!

@Espeon~
The Norse mythology is the basic premise, so just combine this with the old Tales of Asgard series and you've got yourself your pre-banishment Thor history! The Thunder God was crowned king, but during the coronation Frost Giants broke into the Asgardian Vault and attempted to steal the Casket of Ancient Winters. Upon learning of this, Thor led an attack on Jotunheim as revenge for this outrage alongside Loki, Lady Sif and the Warriors Three. Odin called them back, furious with his son, and made the choice to force him to learn a hard lesson - humility - by stripping him of his powers and forcing the God of Thunder to walk Midgard as a mere mortal. He soon encountered Jane Foster, who helped heal him after his sustained injuries from his short time on Earth as a mortal. Thor's friends eventually came for him, alerting him that Loki had discovered his true heritage as a Frost Giant, Odin was in the Odinsleep, and Laufey was preparing to go to war with him. Loki sent the Destroyer after his brother, and when he managed to overcome the behemoth alone (regaining his powers in the process), Thor left for Asgard. He arrived, furious at his brother, but forgave him when Loki explained why he did what he did - because Thor could only regain his powers through a selfless act of heroism, and Loki needed his brother to help defend Asgard from Laufey's army. Thor and his friends pushed Laufey out of Asgard, and Loki gave Thor a choice. Come back to Asgard and defend Odin while he slept, or go back and help the mortals below. Thor chose to return to Midgard, and has been fighting super-villains there ever since.

@Dave Strider
Tony Stark. You know him, right? Before being Iron Man, he was just a millionaire playboy who specialized in weapons development. He was testing a Jericho missile in Afganistan when he was blasted with one of his own bombs by a terrorist organization called the Ten Rings, who took him captive and tried to force him to build weapons for them. Stark got a friend, though, in the form of fellow captive Ho Yinsen, a kind old man who was a robotics genius and adamant peace-maker. Together the two made the first Miniature Arc Reactor, and built the Iron Man suit. The problem came when it was time to power it up. Stark was already strapped in and the suit was charging up, but the Ten Rings had gotten suspicious and were attacking. Someone needed to buy time.
Yinsen didn't hesitate.
Once the suit was powered up, Stark charged out, taking down any and all enemy troops in his path. He found Yinsen just before he fell, and the kind old man died in Tony's metallic arms. Stark torched the rest of the camp, causing a massive explosion. Tony fled in his clunky suit, but was attacked by the heavy weapons of Raza's men. The suit crashed and fell apart, but Stark made it onto the evac chopper thanks to James Rhodes. Upon returning, Stark shut down the weapons development section of Stark Industries, and checked up with Obadiah Stane. Tony's business partner was shocked at the new developments, but Tony had already made the decision.
Stark decided to build a new version of the Iron Man suit, and so he did. After that, he flew off to go fight the Ten Rings again.
There's more to the story, but I'll continue it tomorrow.

Last edited: