• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Avengers: Union

THIS IS NOT THE MCU. If you're thinking of using anything from the MCU, know this is a different canon. It's a different canon from the comics, TV shows, everything. Avengers: Union is its own self-contained canon.

And there came a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, they became The Avengers!

If you're like me and you grew up watching The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (the TV show) or reading the Avengers comics (I did both in case you were wondering) those words bring back memories. A union unlike the world had ever seen. Iron Man. Captain America. Thor. The Hulk. Ant-Man. The Wasp. The six founding Avengers (despite what the movies tell you!) are still some of the world's greatest heroes, united again and again to fight the fight that no one could fight alone.
But what if their origins were a bit... different?
This RP is a retelling of the world and histories of the Avengers, coming together in a grandiose epic of friendship, heroism and justice.
Avengers, Assemble!

The main lineup will be consisting of twelve heroes for the first "season" - if we make it that far, that is. I'd recommend that you join only if you're willing to truly dedicate yourself to going the length in this RP, like Rohan and I. Our main twelve will be the original twelve - Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, the Wasp, Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther, Black Widow and the Vision. ...okay, so Black Widow never became an official Avenger until quite the ways in. She was still there and important to the comics. Why did I list them in that order? Well, that's the order they're getting introduced to the team. The five founders of Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man and the Wasp (yes that's right, Cap wasn't originally a founder!) will be coming together to face the threat of Graviton during the massive four-pronged super villain breakout that sparks this RP. So you all know, I do have unique origins planned out for the heroes already, and you can get them when you take a hero. Once we finish the first "season", the Avengers lineup will be expanded to about twenty Avengers. Who are said new Avengers? Well... I'll tell you when we get there.
Anyways, let's get crackalacking!
Tony Stark/Iron Man: @Eeveechu151
Thor Odinson:
Bruce Banner/The Hulk: @Rohan Kishibe
Henry "Hank" Pym/Ant-Man: @Eeveechu151
Janet van Dyne/The Wasp:
Steve Rogers/Captain America:
Clint Barton/Hawkeye: @It's *that* guy!
Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch:
Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver: @LeBarrel42
T'challa/Black Panther: @MihajloJedi
Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow:
The Vision:
Nick Fury:
Maria Hill:
Phil Coulson:
Jasper Sitwell:
Dum Dum Dugan:
James Rhodes/War Machine:
Pepper Potts: @It's *that* guy!
Happy Hogan:
Kevin O'Brian/Guardsman: @Eeveechu151
Jane Foster:
Odin Borson:
Lady Sif:
The Warriors Three (Hogun, Fandral, Volstagg):
Loki Laufeyson:
Rick Jones:
Betty Ross:
General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross:
Bill Foster:
Dave, Matthew and Adam (Ants): @Eeveechu151
Sharon Carter/Agent 13:
Samuel Wilson:
Shuri:
Okoye:
The Mandarin: @Eeveechu151
Alexander Nevsky/Crimson Dynamo: @Eeveechu151
Blizzard:
Madame Masque:
Whiplash:
Titanium Man:
M.O.D.O.K.: @MihajloJedi
Controller:
Living Laser:
Unicorn:
Justin Hammer:
Abomination:
The Leader:
Absorbing Man:
Surtur:
Ymir:
Ulik:
Malekith:
Enchantress:
Executioner:
Mangog:
Fafnir:
Wrecker:
Whirlwind: @Eeveechu151
Elihas Starr/Egghead:
Porcupine:
Nathan Garrett/Black Knight:
The Voice:
Red Skull:
Baron Helmut von Zemo: @Eeveechu151
Baron von Strucker:
Arnim Zola:
Batroc the Leaper:
Crossbones:
Viper:
Swordsman:
Taskmaster: @LeBarrel42
Magneto:
Toad:
M'baku/White Gorilla:
Erik Killmonger:
Ulysses Klaw: @Eeveechu151
Ultron: @Eeveechu151

Let's start the assembly with @Rohan Kishibe! Sorry for making you wait, pal. Who you taking and who you tagging?

Last edited:
I'll pick up hot guy as 10 year old me thought he was called
And I know, but dreams can be dream, and don't mind me if I casually cameo Gwenpool very briefly

Clint Barton was a young boy living in a family with his brother, Barney Barton, and an abusive and alcoholic father. Clint didn't have a good time with his dad, which is why he ended up feeling relieved when his father died in a car crash. Clint and Barney were orphans, and they decided to go traveling instead of being put in an orphanage. This eventually led them to them joining a circus as roustabouts. Jacques Duquesne, one of the performers, saw potential in Clint. He trained him alongside Buck Chisholm, the Trick Shot. Clint was good, and had many happy days with the circus. One day, however, he accidentally caught Jacques stealing from the circus. Jacques offered for Clint to become his partner, and the two could be unstoppable thieves. Barton refused, and Jacques retaliated by almost killing him. Clint managed to escape. Seeking a life where he could do good, he signed up for S.H.I.E.L.D.'s recruitment program. His archery skill quickly rose him in the ranks as a combatant, eventually getting paired with the Black Widow. During his last mission as a member of S.H.I.E.L.D., Hawkeye was attempting to prove HYDRA was operating in New York. He uncovered secret files made by HYDRA only recently... but in a twist, Black Widow betrayed Hawkeye, framing him as a HYDRA mole attempting to escape with the files! Hawkeye was arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D. and put in the Vault. During the breakout, he will escape, aiding Iron Man against some of the supervillians, before heading to his old apartment in New York and designing himself a costume to help out outside of S.H.I.E.L.D. Yes, he's wearing the purple comics costume.
@It's *that* guy! Here's Hawkeye's history in the world of Avengers: United! It's kind of a mishmash of his history from the comics, movies and TV show.

Alright then, the big jolly green giant is yours! Mind tagging some people you think might be interested?
I'm gonna see if @StormingCobra55 or @Godjacob might be interested.
FYI, we'll be starting the RP when we get the original five characters taken. That means we need someone to take Thor and Wasp before we start.

Even if this isn't the MCU, I find it hard to imagine the MCU didn't have some influence in your choices (Namely Okoye & Shuri's involvement here since I don't think Okoye ever had that big a role in anything other than the MCU).

Anyway, my main knowledge of Marvel comes from the MCU, but I do know some stuff about comics and animated works (Like knowing MCU Thanos is by far the best version of him). But it is mainly some basic outline stuff, nothing more. So I might consider it...but I am pretty swamped so I will need to think it over.

...fair. But I needed some more Black Panther characters and Earth's Mightiest Heroes doesn't really have them.

Thanks for the consideration, anyways. Thor's almost the same as he is in the MCU FYI, so he's probably the most accessible character here.

I'm not complaining, I mean I liked Shuri & Okoye. Just weird they are here yet no Doctor Strange...and Magneto being an Avengers villain never feels right to me XD.

But semantics aside, I will consider it. I'm probably shooting for a core member, additional member, supporting character and villain. Just so I have one of each, but that's if I decide to join. Need time to think will let you know as soon as I can.

......I suppose knowing how certain characters differ from the MCU would be nice. Like say, Scarlet Witch for example. Since I am only familiar with her MCU counterpart. And would Ross end up getting a shade of...red, down the line?

1) Strange is in the universe, like Spider-Man and the X-Men, but he's off doing his own thing. If we get to a Season 2 of this RP, then I'll make a separate RP featuring Strange and his Defenders.
2) Magneto is literally only there so that we can get Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. He'll be appearing for one story and going back to X-Men-Land.
3) Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver share a backstory here. I'm not going to write out the full backstories for them until it's needed, but know that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are currently known as villains working for their "father", Magneto, as part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. They've got the same powers as in the MCU, though.
4) Hm, maybe...

If you feel like you can give the quality needed for Thor and stay dedicated to the RP, then sure. I'll write down the backstories for Quicksilver and Thor later.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Ok here goes nothing! Ill be spidey for this example

Has Spiderman was swinging around New york he noticed a bank robbery "hmm? I should probably stop the robbery" he said to hime self has he jumped on to a nearby car doing his iconic pose "hey there? Wooah you guys are the avengers! Oh wait those are other kind of..erm alright be prepared to get webbed up by the incredible spiderman!" He said while webbing and dodging bullets "crimes are coming in alot today.. welp done! Go spidey go spi " he said but he got a call... "its aunt may .. im sorry aunt may i forgot the eggs ill get them right sorry again!"

How was that ?