• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Avengers: Infinity War (Reimagined) (Discussion)

Should Thanos Still Win?

• Yes

• No

• We will never know...

• Cross that bridge when we get to it

• I don’t care, just wanna have some fun here

• An extra answer for fun, because why not?

• Click this and you die in ten seconds >:)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Deadpool would probably end up putting up a fight, but failing to defeat Thanos. But, he will probably survive, due to being unkillable.

We can start if Eevee wants to claim Heimdall, but we would mainly be able to do the first scene alone, then stop at the part where Banner crashes into the Sanctum due to having no Strange or Wong at the moment. Unless anyone wants them, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadpool would probably end up putting up a fight, but failing to defeat Thanos. But, he will probably survive, due to being unkillable.

I think Deadpool is insanely overrated, he got his butt kicked by Colossus. Thanos bodied the Hulk with a combo. Thor needs to go on a quest to make Stormbreaker just to have a chance to kill him.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Okay...no.

Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe in the MCU. It should be a struggle for everyone to defeat him, having Deadpool being a check to him undermines his threat to an insulating degree.
Yes i know, just saying deadpool would be great in this

I'm not saying he can't be in the plot. I'm open to pretty much anyone.

Just saying he can't be a Thanos killer or anything. Thanos and the Black Order are taking on basically the Marvel Universe with our roster, they need to be a threat worthy of so many people working together.

I'll take Heimdall, sure. Tbh I wish the Warriors Three were still alive so I could RP as them too...

Also, Ilikewater, NO. Cap is NOT willing to sacrifice his morals to win. See Civil War (comics). Cap kicked out the Punisher, a murderous vigilante like Deadpool on an arguably lower scale, not because of how useful he would be to the Secret Avengers (they take any heroes willing to join up) but because he's a MURDEROUS VIGILANTE. Deadpool may worship Cap in the comics, but unless Deadpool cleans up his act - like he did when he ACTUALLY joined the Avengers and didn't kill - there is NO WAY Cap is letting Deadpool fight with them.

...no.
Name one possible, logical reason that Deadpool could end up on TITAN.
I dare you.
If I find it believable, I'll say Deadpool COULD be there.
But I cannot.
Being honest? I CANNOT see Deadpool being part of this story without screwing up logic, character and continuity. Cap wouldn't want him, Tony wouldn't want him, and Thor would probably kill him.

Regardless, it's still an incredibly weak and bare-bones reason. If anything, Deadpool might respond to a call Cap might put out to the world's heroes to gather at Wakanda, get rejected by Cap and decide to fight anyways.

Perhaps I may also make the suggestion that we disinclude the X-Men characters, but instead make Deadpool an inhuman? The Inhumans do exist, see Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans. This could also give way to a potential SHIELD strike team made of budding inhumans and superhumans, allowing us to add in one or two original characters... they'd have to be approved by Cobra and make sense in the MCU, of course.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Altered genes..dna...blood...passed out from generation to generation

Theres one problem, wade wilson would have get altered genes dna blood from someone in his family to be inhuman, also deadpool was experimented on by HUMANS

In the original comics, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were born the sons of Magneto, originally planned to be given to the Whizzer and were raised by gypsies before having their memories wiped and lives saved by Magneto, their mutant powers being used to battle the X-Men during their days in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants before abandoning Magneto and answering the call to join the Avengers.
Did any of that happen in the movies?
Point is, things change to make things work. Wade could have a distant Inhuman ancestor who married a human, it's not uncommon. And the humans could have been forcing interactions with Diviners.

Actually, question. Shadow_Pup, Godjacob, Cobra, would you guys potentially be up for doing an RP using the idea I mentioned beforehand? A secret SHIELD superhero team, I mean.

I will make the thread for this shortly.

Also, Deadpool could show up on Titan by doing exactly what Eevee said: breaking continuity. Fourth-wall breaks are kinda his thing.

As for the secret S.H.I.E.L.D. Team RP, sure, as long as someone helps me keep up with what’s going on. I didn’t watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

And I would kinda rather take out X-Men, Fantastic Four, and just leave this at MCU only, as long as everyone is fine with it. That would mean the removal of Iceman and Beast, though. Deadpool would be an exception to that.

A couple others who stayed despite the non-MCU removal:

Venom. He may be MCU, for all we know, and come on. Venom is always a win.

Spider-Gwen. Because Peter needs a love interest.

Kevin O’Brien. Because he actually makes sense to have in the plot.

Also, Ilikewater, NO. Cap is NOT willing to sacrifice his morals to win. See Civil War (comics).

Eh, I agree with your point, but personally I was never the biggest fan of the Civil War comic. Cap is made out to be a prick, and Iron Man is straight up turned into a super villain. I felt it hard to side with either of them, even if they beat you over the skull why Iron Man's side sucks (Which makes it weirder that he ends up winning.)

I felt the film handled the pair better.

Agreed. Iron Man should not have allied with supervillains then, even though he was technically in the right. I'm still Team Iron Man, but whatevs.

Honestly, that was the least dick thing Iron Man did in the comic.

Used a clone of his friend Thor to be his mindless slave just for muscle.
Shoved captured heroes (And former friends) into Negative Zone, which literally drives people into insanity just from being in it.

Oh, well I was thinking that Sif would be on the ship with the rest of the Asgardians. Unless she never got on? Mind telling me a bit about your plan? I'll change my post anyways, though.

Oh, well I was thinking that Sif would be on the ship with the rest of the Asgardians. Unless she never got on? Mind telling me a bit about your plan? I'll change my post anyways, though.

You'll get a sample of it with my post. Though if you want a spoilder TLDR...

Lady Sif fought Hela way earlier when she went for Asgard. Hela defeated her, erased her memory and dumped her through some magic portal on a random alien planet. She is picked up by some group of smugglers, and with no memory, they name a new name in Lyda Fis and she joins their crew. Gets a new black suit with helmet outfit and energy sword (That she may or may not keep) and will by pure chance pick up on this distress signal and desire to salvage the wreckage where the memory-less Sif will encounter Thor and whoever else survives the wreckage. Maybe they pull people to their ship to look them or something.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
i know this might be annoying but i think it would be best if someone else was rocket and thor as I'm not great with the lines or things they said in the film