• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Avengers: Infinity War (Reimagined) (Discussion)

Should Thanos Still Win?

• Yes

• No

• We will never know...

• Cross that bridge when we get to it

• I don’t care, just wanna have some fun here

• An extra answer for fun, because why not?

• Click this and you die in ten seconds >:)

Results are only viewable after voting.
My guess is that if you’re here, you watched Avengers: Infinity War. You cheered when Thor arrived in Wakanda and when Captain Marvel’s symbol flashed on Fury’s pager. You laughed, in moments such as “Why is Gamora” and “What exactly is it that they do?”. You cried at the end, when half the universe was erased with the snap of Thanos’s fingers.

But what if it happened differently?

This RP is basically a retelling of Infinity War. Most of the dialogue will probably be the same, but the overall ending will probably end up being different. All characters from Infinity War are available to be picked.

I will be taking Iron Man and Bruce Banner. Anyone else is up for grabs. I will also be role playing as Thanos and the Black Order.

Character List:

Iron Man: @StormingCobra55
Captain America/Nomad: @MihajloJedi
Bruce Banner/Hulk: @StormingCobra55
Thor: @StormingCobra55
Loki: @StormingCobra55
Black Widow:
Bucky Barnes/White Wolf: @Blue_Flash4
Falcon: @Blue_Flash4
War Machine: @MihajloJedi
Spider-Man: @Godjacob
Doctor Strange: @Blue_Flash4
Wong: @StormingCobra55
Black Panther: @Godjacob
Shuri:
Okoye:
M’Baku:
Vision: @Eeveechu151
Scarlet Witch: @Godjacob
Heimdall: @Eeveechu151
Peter Quill/Star-Lord: @Godjacob
Gamora: @Godjacob
Nebula:
Drax the Destroyer: @StormingCobra55
Groot: @Shadow_Pup
Rocket Raccoon: @StormingCobra55
Mantis: @Eeveechu151
Thanos: @StormingCobra55
Corvus Glaive: @StormingCobra55
Proxima Midnight: @StormingCobra55
Cull Obsidian: @StormingCobra55
Ebony Maw: @StormingCobra55
Ant-Man (added in): @Eeveechu151
Wasp (added in): @Eeveechu151
Hawkeye (added in): @Blue_Flash4
Lyda Fis/Lady Sif (added in): @Godjacob
Deadpool (added in): @Ilikewater
Eddie Brock/Venom (added in): @Shadow_Pup
Gwen Stacey/Spider-Gwen (possibly added in):
Captain Marvel (possibly added in):
Pepper Potts/Rescue (added in): @Eeveechu151
Kevin O’Brien (added in): @Eeveechu151
Valkyrie (added in): @Eeveechu151
Korg (added in): @StormingCobra55
Miek (added in): @StormingCobra55

Some people who may be interested:

@Eeveechu151 @MihajloJedi @Shadow_Pup @Godjacob @Rohan Kishibe

Feel free to tag anyone else who may be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang it! My boy Stark ;-;
This seems a bit interesting to me. I’ll take Vision. And since this is an alternate telling, can I get Scott Lang and Hope van Dyne in this war as well?

Sure. I mainly feel like since we’re changing things up, we can have certain characters that weren’t in Infinity War like Sif and Hawkeye actually be connected.

Hum...I'm hesitant only because I felt Infinity War handled basically everything fine and would be concerned we'd copy it with merely superficial differences. There's a couple nit pick things to alter (Children of Thanos were not enough of a threat on their own...Maw aside. Vision getting the shaft, Hulk being a wimp for no explained reason etc.) Just curious what we'd do really to make it different.

Also, all the two characters I'd want to RP the most (Hulk, and especially Scarlet Witch) are taken already. Also you are missing Spider-Man.

Yeah, I’m hoping we could have the same history but a different plot with things like keeping some of the Asgardians alive and making the Black Order bigger threats. Also a different story.

Yeah, I’m hoping we could have the same history but a different plot with things like keeping some of the Asgardians alive and making the Black Order bigger threats. Also a different story.

I think the problem with the Black Order is that the Avengers have wildly different tiers of strength (A world of difference between say, Black Widow & Falcon vs. Thor, Scarlet Witch & Hulk) so being a threat to all of them without making many Avengers feel useless seems too tricky a task to do.

Honestly if Spider-Man is a possibility here I'd want to RP as him. Though honestly, there are superficial details I'd like to change about him for his MCU thing (More focus on Uncle Ben being important, doing this for his own sense of responsibility rather than to impress/was motivated by Stark etc.) so he can stand on his own and not just be Iron Man's psuedo-son (Even if I want to keep that dynamic.)

Also, if we are gonna include non-Infinity War characters, can we do what Shen asked and can I RP as Sif? Feel there is a lot of potential to her to explain why she was absent in Ragnarok and give her more time to shine. Plus I am a sucker for warrior women XD

I was also thinking that perhaps we could add a little-known Iron Man character into the mythos? When Iron Man got his own comic series, a major player in the first 50 issues was Kevin O’Brien, Tony’s close friend and confidante. Perhaps he’s the manager of the Stark Industries factory.

I was also thinking that perhaps we could add a little-known Iron Man character into the mythos? When Iron Man got his own comic series, a major player in the first 50 issues was Kevin O’Brien, Tony’s close friend and confidante. Perhaps he’s the manager of the Stark Industries factory.

Fascinating. If we are gonna include non-MCU characters there are additional characters we could pull from.

With the Disney/Fox deal, we could work in the Fox-Men, Deadpool and a (Re-imagined so they don't suck) Fantastic Four. Sony's Venom as well to connect the two given Sony lets Marvel "borrow" Spider-Man. And future MCU characters like Captain Marvel.

But that is hypothetical stuff at best. There is something I'd want as a supporting character. While I do not hate Liz...I'd like to work in either Mary Jane or Gwen Stacey into our AU MCU as a transfer student or something because a love interest for Spider-Man that is not one of them doesn't...feel right. But then again this shafts Liz so, torn.

What I meant by Kevin is he fits without needing to create buttloads of new lore and toy with the canon. Literally the only change to the past would be that Kevin heads the New York Stark Industries facility and works closely with Tony.

What I meant by Kevin is he fits without needing to create buttloads of new lore and toy with the canon. Literally the only change to the past would be that Kevin heads the New York Stark Industries facility and works closely with Tony.

Fair point, was just laying out a pool of possible inclusions is all. It'd be better to not try to cram them in.

Though I still stand by my Mary Jane/Gwen Stacey point.

Cool, can you add an additional name to Lady Sif? Like Captain America/Nomad and Winter Soldier/White Wolf?

My idea for her story involves her assuming the name Lyda Fis (An acronym of Lady Sif) which I will explain more in the RP unless you want me to spoil it now.

I feel like if you are making (Possible) considerations for all those characters (Which I am fine with) you can at least add on Captain Marvel. Who will be in the MCU and in Avengers 4. Just as an option IMO, if you disagree that is fine. Your story just making a suggestion is all..

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Just saying, i am going to monimize deapools language,
Example: "OH F#=× YOU "
example 2: "OH FLUNK YOU

Heres a list of heros you could add in:
Luke cage
Daredevil
Jessica jones
Iron fist
Villains
The old deadpool (the mute on in x men)
Magneto
Vulture
Sandman
Green goblin

Thats what i got for now

Alright, though now we need to explain how mutants appear in this world. A proper introduction if you will. Given Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver are not really mutants given they have MCU unique origins compared to their Mutant counterparts.

And now I am curious how a Magneto & Scarlet Witch meeting would go XD

The Accords could play nicely into the mutant racism, since the government and general public are more distrustful of non-registered heroes and mutants are walking non-registered "weapons" in some psuedo-sense.

Since we're adding all these people in, I assume me getting Kevin O'Brien/Guardsman is guaranteed at this point. Could I also take Pepper Potts/Rescue and Beast? Beast specifically because he actually joined the Avengers in the 70s.

Since there were basically three major groups (Guardians + Thor, Wakanda, Iron Man & Dr. Strange's Party) I figure I should get at least one character in each POV.

Course dynamics shift in our AU. But I'd like to take Black Panther and Star-Lord.

One plot issue I do think we need to resolve is the "we don't trade lives" line Steve said to Vision to justify not destroying his stone right away. Since the plan is to use Wakanda to protect Vision, trading many of their lives for his, it comes off as hypocritical.

I think we need a better reason for why they don't resort to stone destruction right away. Even if only a minor dialogue change.

Dead account

Idea time

Since vision is one of the strongest he is sent to fight, but when cap finds out they want his stone , he hides vision out with deapool and others, but then thanos finds them and starts an epic fight

Dead account

Deadpool cannot die, wich makes him one of the best bets to defeat thanos (( if you saw the comic , deadpool actually easily defeats thanos alone))

Dead account

Cap woulddo anything to keep a friend alive , wich means deadpool is going to be needed as he also got some guns (where does he keep his guns tho) traps, and other things he has for this

Cap woulddo anything to keep a friend alive , wich means deadpool is going to be needed as he also got some guns (where does he keep his guns tho) traps, and other things he has for this

Okay...no.

Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe in the MCU. It should be a struggle for everyone to defeat him, having Deadpool being a check to him undermines his threat to an insulating degree.