• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Avengers: Heroes United (Discussion/Sign-Ups)

Hero: Captian America
Name: Steven Grant Rogers
Appearance: he looks like his movie self
Backstory: am I able to just say that his personal movie is his backstory because it is?
Allies: none yet because well he's froze. (Sheild later)
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought): red skull(along with hydra), batroc, crossbones, AIM, baron Zemo
Hometown: New York City, Brooklyn
Assembled: episode 2
Extra: nope

Well, we can go with Cap's movie being his backstory. But there are a few changes that we need to make concerning the final act. Red Skull was using the Tesseract at a secret Hydra base with his two lead scientists, Baron Zemo and Arnim Zola, and Baron Strucker, his second-in-command. Tony's father, Howard Stark, learned of this base through intercepting coded transmissions from Hydra. Cap, the Howling Commandos (because Cap was pals with them) and Bucky (he's still alive, since the train mission never happened) attacked the base. They arrived at the lab just in time to see Zemo and Zola calling forth a creature from one of the other Norse realms with the Tesseract. The crew defeated the Hydra troops at the base, but Zemo and Skull escaped. The portal to the realms was still open, and the only way to close it would be to destroy the portal... at the cost of one's own life. Bucky didn't hesitate. Fueled by a burning desire for revenge, Cap pursued the two Hydra leaders onto Red Skull's personal ship. He battled Zemo in the storage bay, causing a heap of the doctor's own Chemical X to pour onto him. Cap couldn't waste any more time, so he headed to the bridge. There he found the Red Skull, and battled him. Skull accidentally touched the Tesseract with his bare hands, which seemingly killed him. From there, Cap crashed into the arctic ocean with the Tesseract. The ship was practically an atomic warhead, so he had to dip it into the waters to save the USA. The story needs to be this way for plot purposes, as at least one of the villains I mentioned will be reappearing.
BTW, Cap wouldn't have fought Batroc or Crossbones yet. So they shouldn't be on the Rogues' Gallery.
Otherwise... APPROVED!

True. If Cap does fight Batroc, though, it'll be because of the br- OOPS! Almost spoiled the beginning of the first episode. If you want to take another character, Storm, then feel free. If you take the Odinson, then I can get the RP started today. And this time, just the movie as his origin can totally work! Minus the SHIELD bits.

Alright. I know for a fact that @SismicFlareCharmander likes Thor but I'm betting he's too lazy to join in. Also @Jagson hasn't responded yet so maybe...
Aside from Thor, we still have three characters from the Main 12 that have yet to be taken - Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) and Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff). We'll need someone to take Widow for Hawkeye's story arc (@Fraseandchico HINT HINT) and we'll need Pietro and Wanda for one of the story lines that ties the universe together. Hint - those two won't be the only mutants we see in Episode 3.

Hero: Black Widow
Name: Natasha Romanova
Appearance:
black_widow_natasha_romanoff-HD.jpg

Backstory:
Natasha was born in Stalingrad (now Volgograd), Russia. The first and best-known Black Widow is a Russian agent trained as a spy, martial artist, and sniper, and outfitted with an arsenal of high-tech weaponry, including a pair of wrist-mounted energy weapons dubbed her "Widow's Bite". She wears no costume during her first few appearances but simply evening wear and a veil. Romanova eventually defects to the U.S. for reasons that include her love for the reluctant-criminal turned superhero archer, Hawkeye. After A Long Time(And Fighting Iron Man.) She Started Helping S.H.I.E.L.D., And Is Currently On A Special Mission.
Allies: Hawkeye, S.H.I.E.L.D.
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought): A.I.M., Iron Maiden, Snapdragon, Rose.
Hometown: Stalingrad (now Volgograd), Russia
Assembled: Episode 5
Extra: Nope.

Last edited:
I'd recommend cropping out the second bit of that backstory, and finishing up the character sheet. By the way, I'm going to have Black Widow on a secret mission during the main episodes that will clue up during Episode 4/5. Once we get the RP started, I'll probably tell you the details through private convo.

...you kept the two paragraphs I mainly wanted you to cut out... Mind cropping those? The latter two - the first is fine. And remember - you can make up Black Widow's backstory now. Just make sure she gets involved with Hawkeye, fights Iron Man, and is able to go on the secret mission I was talking about.

I'd also like to take another character.
Hero: Scarlet Witch
Name: Wanda Maximoff
Appearance: Civil War Appearance
Backstory: Wanda Maximoff was born in the Eastern European country of Sokovia along with her brother, Pietro (Quicksilver). At the age of ten, while having dinner with her family, a mortar shell hit their apartment building, killing Maximoff's parents and trapping her and her brother. A second shell hit the apartment near them but did not go off; the Maximoff twins were left trapped for two days staring at the unexploding shell reading the name on it, Stark Industries. This horrifically traumatic experience gave the twins a great hatred for America, especially Tony Stark and later, the Avengers. They often took part and led protests against the Avengers. They dedicated much of their lives to this hatred and began searching for ways to bring down the Avengers. This constant political activity put them on S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA's radar.
Allies: HYDRA (Formerly) Ultron (Formerly) Quicksilver (Sadly, Formerly) Avengers.
Rogue's Gallery: Ultron, Iron Man, Ulysses Klaue.
Hometown: Sokovia
Assembled: Episode 3
Extra: Shawarma

Once again, I'll be handling the Ultron arc differently from the MCU. Pietro and Wanda will already be Avengers by the time that Ultron comes into existence. If you want to know more about that particular thread of story, we should talk about it in a private discussion as to not spoil things for the others.

Well, the major villain characters will be controlled by me for the most part since I know what they should do for the sake of story. And I won't be killing off Quicksilver - not until after the first "season", at least.

Well, can you post consistently enough to take a main character, know the source material (i.e. know the Avengers from the comics and movies), and make sure you have good grammar and long posts?

Alright, then we'll let you in. To answer your question, the two Avengers from the main 12 that are still available are Thor Odinson and Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver). You're familiar with the characters, right?

Well, it depends. If you do take both, then Quicksilver won't be coming in until later in the RP. You also don't need to do much (if any) work on his backstory, since Mewtwo already outlined their shared history with Scarlet Witch's backstory.

Feel free. I'm not saying you can't, merely that your backstory needs to line up with Mewtwo's Scarlet Witch backstory. Also we do need a Thor before I can create the RP.