• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Avengers: Heroes United (Discussion/Sign-Ups)

RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/avengers-heroes-united.16437/

So this is just a cool idea I had while reading the old Tales to Astonish books, and I feel like we can now bring the idea into fruition. Basically, the RP has a re-imagining of all the Marvel heroes and characters. Villains and side-characters may be the same, but main characters and story will be different. We're trying to make this unique - remember that. Eventually, the heroes will be forming into one team - the Avengers. So we're going to need at least the main five (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man and the Wasp). Don't worry - I'm taking one! Now, I'm going to list some rules.
1) There's a maximum of three controllable Avengers/heroes. This doesn't include side-characters or villains, of course.
2) Obviously, there's not multiple Thors running around at the same time. If a hero's already taken, they're off-limits. Unless you can justify it (i.e. Clint Barton and Kate Bishop both being Hawkeye).
3) Please don't make any characters that aren't main-series Avengers until we have the main roster of 12 filled out. It's fine if you want to be Wolverine or Star-Lord, but unless they're an Avenger it might be hard to incorporate them into the stories.
4) Follow regular Charms rules, of course.
5) NO ONE LINERS. I'm giving you three characters, people. Use them! No excuses for one-liners.
6) Make sure your character has limits that are within reason. Sure, Thor's a god. And he is pretty damn powerful. Just give him some exploitable flaws. We're not having any Supermen here, folks!
7) To prove you read the rules, include "shawarma" in your Extra section.
8 ) I have a main concept of the story in mind, so I'm going to build on that. Follow along, but if you could allow me to control how the story flows.
9) Try not to deviate TOO much from the source material. But also make sure your character has a different twist or two from the official versions. And for the love of god, know the character you're playing!
10) Light cursing and violence is fine. Let's make this RP PG13 at most, just like the films and comics.
Tell me if there are any changes or additions I should make to the rules. Anyways, I should probably mention who the "main roster of 12" I mentioned are. They are;
Iron Man (@Ry_Burst) [1]
Hulk (@Ry_Burst) [1/3]
Thor (@Jagson) [1]
Ant-Man (@Eeveechu151) [1]
Wasp (@Eeveechu151) [1]
Captain America (@Stormursa) [2]
Hawkeye (@Fraseandchico) [3]
Scarlet Witch (@Mewtwofan259) [3]
Quicksilver [3]
Black Panther (@Eeveechu151) [4]
Black Widow (@Fraseandchico) [4]
Vision (@Mewtwofan259) [5]
I'm also dividing the ways I want the story to go into episodes, which is what the numbers in the boxes mean. For my personal future reference. Now, let's get on to the character sheets. Of course, you need to fill them out. I'll even drop my own characters, if you want to see them.
CHARACTER SHEET
Hero:
Name:
Backstory:
Allies:
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought):
Hometown:
Assembled:
Extra:
Hero: Ant-Man
Name: Scott Lang
Appearance: Looks the same as he does in the movie.
Backstory: Before becoming the Ant-Man, Scott Lang was an electrical engineer working for Stark Industries. As fate would have it, his daughter (Cassie Lang) was stricken with illness that he couldn't afford to pay hospital bills for. He then met a woman named Madame X who would pay for her hospital bills if Lang would steal for her. Caring for his daughter above all else, Scott accepted. Eventually, a heist went wrong and he was left by Madame X to take the heat. He was thrown into prison for a few years, where he met his friend Luis. After escaping, he tried to go straight... but fate wouldn't make it that easy. Unable to support himself with a criminal record hanging over his head and found again by Madame X, Scott was forced to turn back to crime. One of his crimes had him accidentally discover Hank Pym's Ant-Man suit, which led to him being tracked down by Pym. Hank saw the good in Scott, and saw he was being used by Madame X. He gave Scott the suit and taught him how to use it, taking down Madame X and returning the ill-gotten spoils of her career to where they belonged. Lang then became the Ant-Man... with the help and support of Hank Pym and friend Luis, of course. He also eventually got a good friend and partner in the form of Pym's daughter, Hope - aka the Wasp. The two have fought quite the rogue's gallery, even taking down Darren Cross and his company. They now operate in New York.
Allies: Wasp (Hope Pym), Hank Pym, Luis, Cassandra Lang, Elias Weems,
Rogue's Gallery: Yellowjacket (Darren Cross), Egghead (Elihas Starr), Whirlwind (David Cannon), Black Knight (Nathan Garrett), Porcupine (Alexander Gentry), Magician, The Voice (Jason Cragg), The Protector (Gerald Marsh), Madame X (Nina Tsiolkovsky)
Hometown: San Francisco
Assembled: Episode 1
Hero: Wasp
Name: Hope Pym
Appearance: The Wasp costume we'll be seeing in the upcoming Ant-Man and Wasp, and otherwise she looks the same as she did in Ant-Man.
Backstory: Hope always wanted to carry on her father's work, and learn the truth about her mother. When Hank finally opened up to her and told her the truth, he also showed her the Wasp costume he had been working on. As the partner of Ant-Man, the Wasp now flies the skies searching and rooting out crime. Inheriting the name her mother had, Hope has taken on a wide variety of foes and has helped to take down Cross' band of technologically-enhanced super villains. She's moved to New York alongside her partner, respecting his decision to try and distance himself from his old life.
Allies: Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Hank Pym, Luis, Elias Weems
Rogue's Gallery: Egghead (Elihas Starr), Whirlwind (David Cannon), Black Knight (Nathan Garrett), Porcupine (Alexander Gentry), Magician, The Voice (Jason Cragg), The Protector (Gerald Marsh)
Hometown: San Francisco
Hero: Black Panther
Name: T'challa
Appearance: Same look as he had in Civil War.
Backstory: T'challa is the son of T'chaka, the king of Wakanda. A few days after the Avengers formed, T'chaka was killed by M'butu, the Man-Ape, who stole the Wakandan throne. T'challa gained the powers of the Panther, and used them to escape Wakanda. More information will be revealed when we reach Episode 4.
Allies: n/a
Rogue's Gallery: Man-Ape, Klaw
Hometown: Wakanda
Assembled: Episode 4
So that's pretty much it for now. As I said, we'll start this RP when we get at least the original five. So yeah! Show me how creative you guys can be with your characters. Also, feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:
Hero: Iron Man
Name: Anthony Edward"Tony" Stark
Appearance: The same as his appearance in the Avengers.
Backstory: Anthony "Tony" Stark was born to Howard Stark and Maria Collins Carbonell Stark, owners of the prominent US firm, Stark Industries. As a boy, Tony was fascinated with building and controlling machines. At the age of 15 Tony entered the undergraduate electrical engineering program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and graduated with two master’s degrees by age 19. Tony went to work for Stark Industries, but showed more interest in living a reckless playboy lifestyle than using his engineering skills. At the age of 21, Tony inherited Stark Enterprises when his parents were killed in a car accident. Tony personally attended a field test of his military hardware at one of his international plants; however, soon after his arrival Stark’s party was attacked by a gang of terrorists led by the Sin-Cong revolutionary Wong Chu. During the skirmish, a land mine went off and lodged a piece of shrapnel near Tony’s heart. Taken back to Wong-Chu’s camp, Tony shared a cell with Professor Ho Yinsen, a world-famous physicist. Wong-Chu demanded that the two scientists develop advanced weaponry for his forces. Knowing that he could not live long with the shrapnel so close to his heart, Tony proposed that he and Yinsen devote their gifts to creating one of the battlesuits he had been developing, equipped with a magnetic field generator to prevent the shrapnel from reaching his heart. The armor they created became the first true Iron Man armor and was equipped with crude magnetic weaponry for defense. While the armor’s battery was being powered, some of Wong-Chu’s men attempted to break in on the proceedings. Yinsen went to create a diversion and was shot to death by Wong-Chu’s men. When the battery had finished charging, Tony went into battle as Iron Man and tore Wong-Chu’s camp apart. He eventually returned to the USA with the aid of US Marine James "Rhodey" Rhodes. At first, Tony found his new life a torment; his armor’s chest plate had to be worn constantly and required frequent recharging. He kept the armor a secret from everyone. Tony worked to improve the Iron Man armor and claimed Iron Man was Tony Stark's personal bodyguard to disguise his identity, and lived a double life as a superhero. Renaming his corporation Stark International, Tony resolved to abandon munitions production in favor of electronics and computer engineering after witnessing firsthand the impact his company’s weapons had on innocent lives. Despite seeming to have everything a man could want, Tony was under much stress. Obidiah Stane also made attempts to revert the company back to what it once was by using the Arc Reactor to spearhead it. Tony didn't allow it, and Obidiah stole Tony's heart and used it to power his own suit. Tony survived by plugging in the original Arc Reactor Heart, battled Obidiah, and won. He then revealed his identity to the world.
Allies: War Machine (Rhodey Rhodes), Pepper Potts, J.A.R.V.I.S
Rouge's Gallery: Obidiah Stane, Whiplash (Mark Scarlotti), M.O.D.O.K, Mandarin, and Crimson Dynamo, Black Widow, Hawkeye
Hometown: Long Island, New York

Last edited:
Wait, You Know That There Are More than Just The Avengers, Right? There's The Avengers, Defenders, And the Thunderbolts.
Hero: Hawkeye
Name: Clint Barton
Appearance: Avengers Movie
Backstory:
Clint Barton was born in Waverly, Iowa. At a young age he lost both of his parents in a car accident. After six years in an orphanage, Clint and his brother Barney ran away to join the Carson Carnival of Travelling Wonders. Clint soon caught the eye of the Swordsman, who took the young boy on as his assistant. Along with the help of Trick Shot, the Swordsman trained Clint to become a master archer. Clint later found the Swordsman embezzling money from the carnival. Before he could turn his mentor over to the authorities, Clint was beaten and left for dead, allowing the Swordsman to escape town. Clint's relationship with his brother Barney and Trick Shot soon deteriorated as well.

Clint adapted his archery skills to become a star carnival attraction, a master archer called "Hawkeye", otherwise known as “The World’s Greatest Marksman”. He spent some time as a member of Tiboldt's Circus, before joining the Coney Island Circus. He witnessed Iron Man in action and was inspired to become a costumed hero. However, after a misunderstanding on his first outing, Hawkeye was accused of theft and believed to be a criminal. On the run, the naïve Hawkeye met the Black Widow, a spy for the Soviet Union, with whom he fell in love. Blindly following the Black Widow, Hawkeye aided her attempts to steal technology developed by Tony Stark. In one of their battles with Iron Man, the Black Widow was seriously injured. Hawkeye Had To Leave her. But before Long, the Black Widow disappeared. Hawkeye decided to be a "straight-shooter" from then on. He And Black Widow Will later Joine The Avengers As Heroes. he still Feels Guilty About Leaving Black Widow in A Battle.
Allies: Black Widow, Shield, MockingBird,
Rogue's Gallery (List of villains previously fought): trickshot, Firefox, A.I.M, Claw, Silencer, Phantom Rider.
Hometown: Waverly, Iowa.
Assembled: Episode Three.

Last edited:
@Ry_Burst Looks great, and I can see you've done your research! Approved! Also, why don't we give Pepper the Iron Man suit that belongs to her - Rescue? And why not add Mandarin, Crimson Dynamo and M.O.D.O.K. to the list of villains?
@Fraseandchico Yes, I know. But this one mainly focuses around the Avengers. I assume there's no problem with that? Those teams don't exist yet, though. Except for the FF, but currently being a vigilante he wouldn't have met them yet. And "All" as a Rogue's Gallery doesn't really fit, please give specific examples of villains Hawkeye's fought. Also, don't you think Hawkeye and Widow should have some connection to SHIELD? It's fine if they don't, but still. And I also mentioned in the character listing that Hawkeye won't be joining the Avengers until Episode 3.

I forgot about those three, and meant to add them. And with Rescue sh doesn't get it until, way later, like a whole after the Avengers are founded.

@Ry_Burst Ah, true. Might want to add Hawkeye and Black Widow as well, since according to Fraseandchico's character backstory Tony's met and fought them before.
@Fraseandchico Once again, you can't put down the Thunderbolts as allies (I might not even include them in the plot) or things like Galactus. You probably don't know the overall direction the story's going, so you can't know what villains they will face. Also, you neglected to mention exactly what the connection is between SHIELD and Hawkeye. The Rogue's Gallery is a place for villains that the character fought BEFORE joining the Avengers, so yeah.

Looks good, except I still don't see any relation to SHIELD. Approved!
By the way, just asking, who are Firefox, Claw, Silencer, and Phantom Rider? If you mean Klaw when you say Claw, then did Hawkeye take his hand off accidentally?

We also need a Hulk and a Thor before we can start.

Last edited:
Just Saying, Before Avengers, Apparently, Hawkeye had no Relation To S.H.I.E.L.D., besides Crimes.
2. The other Guys Are Just Villains, And yes, Stupid Auto Correct Changed Klaw To Claw.

Super Hero: The Incredible Hulk
Name: Robert Bruce Banner
Appearance: Apperance in the Avengers
Backstory: Robert Bruce Banner was the son of an alcoholic who deeply hated him. Banner's mother showed much affection for her child, who returned her love, but this only served to fuel his father's rage. Dr. Brian Banner was an atomic physicist who worked on producing clean nuclear power as an energy source, but he was afraid his exposure to it mutated his son's genes. Bruce showed signs of high intelligence at an early age which strengthened his father's belief. Brian became abusive to Bruce and when his mother intervened, Brian murdered her. He frightened Bruce to keep quiet, but his own bragging landed him in a psychiatric institute. As a child Bruce was withdrawn, possibly developing a split personality to help deal with his pain and rage. His only happiness came from spending time with his cousin Jennifer Walters. Bruce found it hard to develop friendships and often found himself on the receiving end of physical abuse at the hands of school bullies. One such incident sparked him to build and plant a bomb in the basement of his school. The bomb was a dud, and Bruce was expelled, but the military took notice of his genius. Eventually, Bruce earned a doctorate in nuclear physics and started a career with them. Supervising the trial of an experimental gamma bomb that he designed for the U.S. Defense Department at a nuclear research facility in New Mexico, Bruce selflessly rushed to the rescue of an ignorant teenager who had wandered onto the testing field as the countdown ticked inexorably toward zero. After shoving young Rick Jones to safety in a nearby ditch, Bruce was struck full-force by the bomb blast. He survived, but was irradiated by the deadly gamma energy. At first, Banner would transform into the brutish gray Hulk only at sunset, and revert to human form at dawn. Eventually, his changes into the childlike green Hulk came to be triggered by the release of adrenaline when he was intensely excited, no matter what time of day. The green Hulk possesses little of Banner's memory and intelligence, and is easily enraged; making him a menace to society. Since Banner's initial transformation into the Hulk, military forces commanded by the implacable General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross – Bruce's one-time benefactor – have hunted him continually. Hulk continued to make more enemies within the military such as Major Glenn Talbot as he and Bruce constantly competed for the affections of Ross' daughter, Betty. For a short time, Banner successfully treated his condition with radiation and was able to maintain enough of his own personality when he became the Hulk to control himself in that form. Subsequently, he earned the government's favor by destroying the alien Metal Master and received a presidential pardon.
Allies: Rick Jones, Jennifer Walters
Rogue's Gallery: The Government, Metal Master, Absorbing Man, Leader, Zzzax, Abomination
Hometown: Dayton, Ohio
Assembled: 1

Last edited:
Approved! Looks great! I think we should give the Hulk some more villains he's faced off against, though. If we get past Episode 6, then I'll probably introduce She-Hulk and Red Hulk sometime. But for now, neither of them exist. Why not add Leader, Abomination, The Absorbing Man and Zzzax to the roster of Hulkie villains? And one of the plot points was going to be that Hulk, right now at least, is considered a menace to society. Once he joins the Avengers, though, Ross can't touch him. I'm thinking he'll be captured as Banner and thrown into the Cube, a SHIELD prison specifically made for Gamma-irradiated villains. Perfect place to put Hulk, huh?

I'm not forgetting him. Also, there's a character I'll be introducing related to Stark's side of things. I'll tell you about it when the time comes. Right now, all we need is the Odinson himself, and a Captain America.

You sure you want to take Cap as your final character? Plus, I kinda feel like we should give him to someone else. You already have two of the main six Avengers. Heck, the only character Frase has is Hawkeye!
On that note, @Fraseandchico, you want to take another character?

Hero: Vision
Name: Vision
Appearance: Look he had in Civil War.
Backstory: During an attempt to create a more powerful body, Ultron manipulated Doctor Helen Cho to use the Cradle for the creation of his new body. Under the control of the Scepter, she used the machine to create the body, combining artificial organic tissue with Vibranium samples that Ultron had stolen from Ulysses Klaue. Upon examination, Tony Stark chose the idea of repurposing the body rather than destroying it like the majority of the team desired would be a more beneficial choice. He convinced a reluctant Bruce Banner to help him achieve this, and together, the two uploaded the recently recovered J.A.R.V.I.S A.I. into the body. At the last moment, Thor arrived and sent lightning from Mjolnir into the Cradle. The electricity sped up the development process, bringing the body to life.
Allies: Avengers, mostly Scarlet Witch and Thor.
Rogue's Gallery: Ultron, Captain America.
Hometown: Sokovia
Assembled: Episode 5
Extra: Carries the Mind Stone, one of the 6 Infinity Stones.

GRANDfather, actually. And in this version, there are four people responsible for creating Ultron. Tony Stark, Hank Pym, T'challa and Bruce Banner. And I guess Scott Lang as well, since he helped with building the original body. Remember, he has a degree in electrical engineering.

I'm pretty much starting up an RP that plans to be a re-imagining of the Marvel universe. Put our own styles on the characters and universe. Any more specific questions you need me to answer?

Once we get the main 12 that I included on the first post taken, then I'll be allowing some extra characters, yeah. But we need to have all 12 characters taken for story purposes, so I'm not allowing anyone outside of the main 12 until then.
On that note, I'd recommend taking two characters at max at the moment if you want to take Songbird later on. It'd be best if you could take either Thor or Cap.