• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Avatar:TLA and LoK (WATCH OUT FOR SPOILERS)

I'll just casually leave this gem here.

Much like everyone else, as I can now see, I was disappointed in the season finale- Although, to be fair, I was already slightly dissapointed by the series when it was still going.

Of course this series had it good sides. Graphically, it was amazing as ever, and the cast of voice actors was fantastic. The main problem with this show were the writers. You'd think they'd be a little more savvy about their own show.

Le'ts just hope that the second season will be better.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like Korra isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This can only be good news, and hopefully future seasons can iron out the faults of first season:

"Its's official: The Legend continues! Nickelodeon has picked up a second season of the animated adventure series The Legend of Korra, EW has learned. After averaging 3.8 million viewers for Season 1, Book 1, which concluded June 23, the Avatar: The Last Airbender sequel is receiving a second-season order of 26 episodes that presumably will be divided into two parts called Books 3 and 4, bringing the total number of episodes to 52.

The series is already set to return in 2013 with the premiere of Season 1, Book 2 (which consists of 14 previously ordered episodes), as 17-year-old chosen one Korra (voiced by Janet Varney) has now become a fully realized Avatar. The cast also includes Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men), David Faustino (Married… with Children), and P.J. Byrne (Horrible Bosses)."

Source

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So, I've just started watching the original Avatar finally on Netflix. I'm like only four episodes into the first season, hence why I haven't read any of the rest of this thread, but I like it very much and will probably end up marathoning it :p

Oh San Diego Comic Con... Here aer some interesting pictures shown at the convention;

tumblr_m745f2jWcg1rb8q1fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m74fpfzCR11r5du0ko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m74dpaphFJ1r5du0ko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m74fheSEfK1r5du0ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_m74eckbrd41r5du0ko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m74ga0OtrD1r5du0ko1_1280.jpg

Waterbending designs seem to be this years thing. What really interests me though is the first one; will this be the new generic grunt type enemy of Book 2? Whatever it is, it sure looks amazing!

Those are some pretty awesome pictures Weeds! I'm loving the designs personally--especially the last one. Also what in the world is that in the first picture?

Also, a thought occurred to me from the Legend of Korra facebook page. I'm not sure how everyone else was, but I was totally taken by surprised that SPOILER Amon was a Waterbender and thought it was pulled out of the air...but then I realized I was just thrown off by Korra's mistake. Aang was indeed warning her about Amon in those Yakone visions but she believed it was Tarrlok...and so did I because of the evidence. I really think those visions could've been an excellent way to foreshadow Amon as a waterbender and made that aspect of the ending feel less rushed. Definitely wished they'd played that up a bit more.

Wondering if anyone else feels that way.

I was very fascinated by these pics myself. I do like the last one as well, perhaps he'll be an annoying Tahno-type character? His smug grin kinda implies that he might be. I'm also interested in the lady(/ies) in pics 2 and 4. She seems to be blind (the grey eyes would imply that), and I could imagine her/them/whatever as some kind of fortune teller sagey type character.

Seeing as Book 2 is supposed to be called "Spirits", I immediately imagined some kind of malicious spirits entering the physical world, or smt of that sort. If this is the case, then pic 1 could indeed be some kind of "spirit grunt" type character. After all, the design isn't overly complex, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

About Amon; personally I thought it was weird seeing Amon do the water tornado thing (though that was probably just me ^^; ), but otherwise I didn't really have any issues with him being a bender... For me it was more of a "Oh of course!"-moment when I got what Aang had been trying to tell Korra through her visions. I did get this sensation immedeately while watching the episode though, so maybe that played into it somehow...?

Oh no, I don't mind the fact that Amon was a waterbender at all! In fact, it was the perfect explanation to everything. I loved that part no matter how rushed I thought it was. I was just concerned about the presentation of it.

I want to know more about these photos! With the book being called 'Spirits,' I have to agree grunts are plausible. However, using their simplicity to call them that I find a tad illogical. The grunts for Amon were decently complex in design, but they were still grunts.

On another note, I find that Water Tribe-looking woman with the one arm extended to remind me of a fortuneteller. This is very illogical, but something about the pose and expression make me think of that stereotype.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
One thing that I don't get about everyone in the fandom, is their love for little Iroh. I think I can't like him on principle alone. He is named after the greatest character in the history of the entire series, thus he has shoes that are impossible to fill, plus he has the voice actor of one of the best evolving characters. The voice worked so well for Zuko, but with Iroh it just comes off as awkward. Cheeriness does not seem to bit his voice. I need brooding and anger, damn it!

Also, the creators of Korra struck out twice with their tributes. Mako and Iroh combined don't equal a twentieth of the awesomeness that was Mako the voice actor.

But Bolin turned out awesome and I hope they actually give him a bigger part going forward, because he was designated to secondary character duty as the season went along. Also, I want all of the Tenzin. Plus adventures of Korra and Beard Aang. Beard Aang is one awesome guy and him showing up at the end of the Finale was the only time I actually gave a damn about anything in the episode. (That includes the Tarlokk-Amon backstory. I was skeptical of it all, because it came too quickly and easily. This season being too rushed ruined so much of it for me.)