• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

I apologize if this is up somewhere already, but I've looked, and just can't find anything of the sort. Now, the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, is perhaps one of my favorite fandoms ever. I know through chat discussion that others would be interested in this sort of thing, but I was wondering just how serious people were about it.

If there's any takers, let me know here! I've got vague ideas on plot, but nothing far too specific. I figure here's as good a place as any to discuss it :)

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I'm in >:0 Woo! Let's hope the server doesn't crash on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! I was mad that I missed the last one so I want in as well. My character will be a Earthbender (who bends sand specifically) if Cody will have me in his RP.

I had no idea interest would spark up this quickly. I think maybe we should let one more person in (for a total of six), and see what we think from there. And I'd be more than thrilled to have the four of you in!

Things I feel need to be discussed:

Time period: I was thinking maybe 150 years after the end of the series? That would explain the reappearance of Airbenders...
Worldwide Events: Such as another war, globalization, industrialization, etc....
Plot: Honestly, I don't have too much of an idea. I wouldn't mind the thought of another war springing up, but, it's very much open for discussion.
Bending: It could very easily be an evolving art, such as Toph's metal bending, or like Carmen's character, the sand-bender. I've given thought to an idea -- in very rare circumstances, a person may be able to master two forms of bending, after years and YEARS of practice. If any character were to be able to bend more than one element ( and not be the Avatar) they'd have to be very, very old. Thoughts on this? Also, new forms of bending being "discovered", such as Blood-Bending and Metal-Bending (best examples I can think of...) seem plausible to me. What do you guys think?
The Avatar: Personally, I don't think we should have him/her as a member, but as a character that is mentioned, at the most.

And of course, there are tons of other little things that I don't think are as important, (such as the existence of Flying Bison) but if you guys think of anything, please, let me know!

As stated, so far, we've got the four of you who have replied, and myself. One more person who expresses interest can join, for now.

Another thought: There could be some more plausibility in the number of Air Nomads, and even possible "Dual Benders" if one takes in account Energy Bending.(Aang used it to take away Ozai's bending, there's no reason it couldn't work in reverse.) Just a thought.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I am adamantly against a person knowing two different bending forms. You're lucky enough to be born as someone who can bend anything at all. Sooo, if you're not the Avatar, you're stuck with one.

As for "new" bending... as long as it makes sense I'd be cool with it. What ever they are they have to be rooted in one of the four elements - no new stuff like... shadowbending or something silly like that.

As for the Avatar. If this is taking place 150 years after the series then it is possible that Korra is still alive. It's been established that people in the Avatar universe can live well beyond a hundred years of age. Just putting that out there. I agree that none of us should be the Avatar.

Edit: As for Aang's energy bending... I actually doubt that he taught anyone how to do it. Honestly, it's a more dangerous teaching than blood bending in that it gives people the ability to choose who can and can't bend, which no one should have. (quoted Chad there)

Time Period: I like the idea of this happening after the whole Legend of Korra or whatever the new series is going to be called, which is taking place 75 years after The Last Airbender. But my question would be whether or not we would be including that in the plot. Not the events since it hasn't been released yet, but the Republic City and the industrialization that had started to be shown in the concept art? I think 150 years after the fact is good regardless, but it's something that I would be wondering about.

Worldwide Events: I like the idea of the smaller towns and villages becoming larger cities and suburbs to the cities as the world begins to further develop. The 'old world' feel beginning to change to that of the blossoming 'modern world' but obviously with an Avatar feel to it.

Plot: I honestly have no idea. I think that we should steer clear of another war, though in all honesty 150 years without a war seems like an impossible feat in our world. Still, if there was a war I think it'd be interesting to avoid the 'one nation is bad' scenario and have it more like regions or countries of multiple benders and peoples. So like armies involving multiple nations instead of everyone versus the fire benders.

Bending: I think that it'd be interesting to see bending as an ever expanding art of combat. I wouldn't know exactly how, but after 150 years people are bound to have discovered metal bending and the like. In fact, I may just go with an Earthbender simply because I have some neat ideas for metal bending >>; but I'll probably find some reason to stick with a Fire bender, just because I heart them so.

Avatar: The Avatar could easily just be a referenced character, maybe even a cameo appearance or something, but I agree with not having him/her as a member of the group/RP.

Maybe I am biased, but I prefer having a generation or so after the end of the first series so we can still have characters who experienced the war first hand. Other than that, I am interested.

So, I was thinking, and I wanted to see what you guys thought of an idea I had for the plot; something along the lines of the French Revolution. Y'know, bunch of people, probably from the "smaller" villages and towns around Ba-Sing-Sei (or the Fire Nation Capital, I suppose. Though I think Ba-Sing-Sei would be more realistic, as it seems more central to the entire world) getting fed up with the way things are run, and wanting a new form of governance. Could work, might not. Just tossing ideas ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sem said:
I am adamantly against a person knowing two different bending forms. You're lucky enough to be born as someone who can bend anything at all. Sooo, if you're not the Avatar, you're stuck with one.

As for "new" bending... as long as it makes sense I'd be cool with it. What ever they are they have to be rooted in one of the four elements - no new stuff like... shadowbending or something silly like that.

I wholeheartedly agree. I've always been against Avatar RPs, and people making up silly stuff like that is one reason why. The world works as it is! Don't mess with it or heads will roll. >=O

That said... enjoy the RP.~ ^_^

My apologies for just now responding. I just rewatched the episode City of Walls and Secrets and I quite like the idea of rebellion in Ba Sing Se and would be behind it.

Oh~ A revolution would be quite fun. Though we'd have to sort out just what kind of "new" government was set up now that there's unity and all that jazz that needs to be changed. But still, it sounds like it'd be an interesting idea.

*Blazi is late

I love Avatar, and Dibs being a water bender, but unfortunately I don't have any ideas, AS OF YET.

I'll post 'em when I think of 'em.

EDIT: I'll be something else if it's causing any trouble. Or I'll just be a novice.