• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Avatar (AU)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“You may want to think about a different career, firebender. Your second line has one too many syllables,” Xaraia pointed out irritably before snatching her headpiece back out of his pocket. “So does your first one. Love’s poi-son is so sweet. Six. Yet its an-ti-dote is so-ur. Eight. And this is mine.” She put the beaded loop back over her braids, then flipped her hood back up. “Stay away from my stuff, unless you want a shower of that.” She jerked her head at the slow-moving sludge of sewer water. “I agree with the airbender. Let’s make like a banana and split.”

Not a fan of the sewers but Shao complies and joined the group below. Not wanting to get her feet in filth she subtly earth bender some of the loose stone to elevate herself just above the sewage. She stood near the sloping shallow side of of the sewer as to not draw attention to what she was actually doing. The smell hit her hard and almost caused her to lose her dinner but she managed to regain her recomposure with the help of the air bender. So they really were there. Oh boy this is why I left home for. Time for adventures and with the Avatar no less! I wonder which one he or she is?

“Hello guys, the name’s Shao Deng, but just call me Shao. And no, Maru is not my boy friend, he’s just a friend that showed me a bit around town is all.” She smiled and followed the group along in the sewer tunnel.

Last edited:
Avoiding the prodding of his traveling companions, Maru folded his hands together and tucked them under his large sleeves.

"The Dai Li are methodical," the young earthbender explained as he walked forward through sewer systems as he had so many times before, "if they don't catch their quarry in force they'll split into two's and track us down that way. And trust me, two Dai Li is plenty formidable."

He started to speed up, but the vibrations were all wrong. Holding up a fist to pause their movement he said, "In fact, I think two of them are looking for a way down here right now."

Pausing another second he pointed right down a branching corridor, "This way. They'll block the exit we were heading for and start sweeping the sewers from that way. Quick, quick."

“Yeah, the Airbenders right. Let’s go, I don’t think I’ll be able to bear this smell for longer than ten minutes.” Fukushimi said as he continued to walk in silence. Although he felt uneasy about the newcomer, Shao, if she were there to turn them in she probably would’ve alerted the Dai Li to their location by now. “Hey, Waterbender, where abouts in the Water Tribe are you from? I lived in a village pretty close to the Southern capital, though, there probably isn’t much left of it anymore.” He asked her, switching to a more solemn tone towards the end.

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
“Okay, lead the way,” Ruby said to Maru. “You said you could guarantee our exit out of the city.” Ruby noticed that the girl from before had joined them. She didn’t mention anything about it. She was grateful that the air bender, Winston, created an air pocket around them to avoid the smell of the sewer. Ruby followed Maru through the sewers, silently praying to the spirits to let them make it out of the city without any problems.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Winston walked along the sewer, his arms continuously moving as to keep the air barrier around them. It was quite a crew he was prancing around with, to say the least. He heard one of them, Maru, explain that the earth bending fuzz was now cutting them off, and sighed.
"Beautiful. So instead of a nice, easy way out, we have to play hide-and-seek in hell's dumpster."
Despite his complaints, he unflinchingly went down the path. As he passed Maru, he couldn't resist a crack.
"Hey, if it walks like a duck..." he said with a smirk before passing by.
Let him decide what he meant.

Last edited:
In contrast with the intensity of her new group mates, Shao was following along rather casually. She was just listening to the group's conversations, despite the smell, seemed like a good time. The others showed their bending techniques but none of them seemed to stand out as the Avatar. It took Shao a little bit of studying before she found out that Maru was an Earthbender like her utilizing vibration senses as well.

Shao smiled slightly and gently knocked on the curved wall of the tunnel and putting her palms against it waiting for feedback and gathering her own information, double checking on Maru's information. To the others it would just seem like she was doing something out of boredom.

=Nightshade=

“I know there’s not,” Xaraia said softly as she took the detour with an anxious glance behind her. “My parents took me away from the village to hide my bending. They raised me in secret, away from everyone else. When I was younger, I used to spy... spy on the village... made up nicknames for everyone based off of what they did every day. I was so jealous of the extended-family feel that hung over the place. I only had my parents, who treated me like a delicate porcelain figure who needed protecting. Never any real friends, or anyone to count on. I taught myself everything I know, and became used to my own company. And then... I ran away to fight. And ended up here. With these crazy people.” She grinned, joking, as she gestured to everyone else. “And that’s pretty much my whole life’s story, so I hope you don’t expect any more,” she added, suddenly defensive of how vulnerable she’d appeared.

"I don't mean to be rude, but now is not quite the time for bonding, or jokes." Maru said in a way that was unavoidably rude. But he felt stuck between unbending layers of earth, suffocating. "Look, I think two or three of us might have to stay behind and distract the Dai Li-"

From what he felt of the sewers' layout, it exited out to the southwest, west and northwest. The first two fed directly into a thin slice of river, while the last was a small beachfront. He could feel the sand and his lack of grip between each grain, the loss of all sensation at the edge of water.

"-they'll probably be blocking off each entrance soon. Those who go ahead might be able to get out before the Dai Li can get in, but there's at least two behind us already, and there might be two more on the way. We have to do something about them."

Maru sighed, and let his hand slip sadly to his sword once more, "Again, I volunteer to do all I can to stop their progress. But I regret that, this time, i can't work alone.'

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
The air bubble surrounding the group seemed to distort slightly. Winston's face distorted as well, hal from the smell that leaked in, and half from a more...emotional feeling. Name-caller's story certainly was sad, but it took a fair amount of willpower for Winston to not turn around and say "Oh yeah? At least your parents cared for you, tried to protect you, and didn't give you away to the war without your permission, going back on everything they taught you!"
But this wasn't a competition about who had the best sob story, and the topic was clearly a sensitive one. It wouldn't be fair to mount his own troubles for no reason. His calm demeanor returned, and the air bubble solidified again.
Then immediately shook again when Maru, who was basically always the bearer of bad news at this point, had notified them of the advancing enemy, and whether anyone would help.
Winston sighed "As long as we don't kill them. Sorry guys, hold your breath." he then grinned as the air bubble around the group seemed to dissipate. He went over to Masu, "I'll help. Think of it as an apology for telling the truth."

Last edited:
“Sounds like you had quite the isolated childhood. Mine was fairly similar, though I was allowed to leave my house. The village I’m from was relatively small, everyone knew each other and they didn’t really have any interest in sending a little boy with little to no combat ability to fight in a fruitless war. I was allowed to practice my bending outside so long as there weren’t any village outsiders around.” He explained, “luckily that practice paid off and I think I definitely saved a few lives when the Fire Nation attacked us.”

“I’ll stay too, as much as I hate it down here, at least I have some experience fighting earthbenders.” Fukushimi said calmly, pulling his scimitar from it’s sheath. “I’m sure I can bend this sewage too, it might put them off pursuing us if I were to drench them in it.” He suggested, “though if they still choose to fight us, I’m ready. Anyone else willing to stay behind?” He asked.

NDB

Ruby groaned as a few of the group decided to share parts of their backstories. If the Dai Li were closing in on them, they needed to hurry up and leave the sewers as soon as possible. She brought a hand over her mouth and nose when Winston dropped the air bubble. She looked at the group.

“Look,” Ruby said, slightly annoyed. “We’ve all had somewhat sucky childhoods because of being benders. But right now is not the time for sympathetics, and as much as I love a good fight, we need to get out of here.” She held out her hand and ignited a flame. It helped a bit with the smell of the sewer, at least around her immediate area.

“If you all want to stay and fight expert Earth benders, then be my guest,” Ruby said before turning to Maru. “If you could tell me which way I need to go, that would be terrific.”

"If I may, unless any of you guys are experienced benders, I mean like, really, really experienced benders, the Dai Li will mop the floor with you.” Shao spoke softly at the water bender, “judging by how you carry yourself and that sword, you’ll end up getting yourself captured. The Dai Li are not looking to fight. They don’t need to. Their primary objective is to subdue and capture and they will capture and subdue you before you can move a drop of water." Shao could feel that their window was closing"All of you move on. I know you all just met me but trust me, as show of good faith, I’ll get you guys out and if I wanted to rat you guys out, I would have done so before I had to trudge through… this. Maru get them out of here there is less time than you think. I'll catch up.” she said with slight wink. "Hurry."

Maru held up a hand to Shao and sighed, "They're skilled hunters and trackers but I'm skilled as an escapist," he admitted, before turning to the somewhat bratty Avatar and pointing ahead, "go straight, your second left, it's maybe a kilometer ahead."

Turning now to Fukushimi he sighed, "She's right, you know. My plan was to distract them as long as I could by escaping toward the opposite direction. We were just pawns in a chess game."

Something about Shao didn't sit right with him, as much as so much about her did sit right. He put a hand on her shoulder and said, "They can get out of here on their own. But whatever your plan is, I must stay behind with you and see this through."

However his destiny planned to play out, Maru often took the Dai Li arrival as the end of his run. He always prepared for the worst, and in these cases, there was but one worst outcome. And death never seemed to bad to Maru, anyway.

NDB

“Thank you,” Ruby said to Maru. “I’m going on ahead. Good luck to those deciding to stay and fight.” She turned around and started heading down the sewer the way Maru had said. “Perhaps we‘ll meet again soon if the spirits are favoring us,” Ruby called over her shoulder. As she continued through the sewers, there was something nagging at the back of her mind that she tried to shake off.

=Nightshade=

Xaraia knew when she’d been had, and as much as she didn’t like it, New Girl was right. Their main objective had to be to get the Avatar out alive. She didn’t like the idea of splitting up, but it was looking more and more that they wouldn’t have a choice.

“I’ll go with the Avatar,” Xaraia said reluctantly. “There may be more Dai Li agents up ahead, so we shouldn’t split up any more than we have to. We wouldn’t want anyone getting... exterminated... would we? Didn’t think so.” She shook her head, hid her face, and gathered frozen water vapor around her hands in preparation for a fight in either direction, following Ruby.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Fine then, Love's poison is sweet, yet it's cure is so sour, still so many hearts love. There happy? Also-" he stopped talking when Maru mentioned the Dai Lee. "I swear to god we're gonna die" he mumbled, as he ran with Maru. At this point he was confused at was going on, "wait we're splitting up? Who wants to come with a skilled poet, a skilled fighter with a bow staff and someone who can steal anything in the world" he offered. "I don't smell like fish and don't wear penguin" he gave a mischievous smile at Fukushimi.

Fukushimi said nothing in response to Hayato's clear insult toward him, the petty thief was just trying to get a reaction out of him. He knew he didn't smell like fish, since not only did no one back at home smell like that, he'd been away for far too long. His initial impression of pity towards Hayato was starting to fade, and in it's stead a strong disliking to the boy was starting to form. He was glad he was leaving, and any doubts in his mind of staying to fight faded away as he set himself into a defensive stance. Earthbenders were very skilled at defending themselves, if he was remembering correctly, so he'd also have to be defensive himself until an opening popped up.

"Well, if you insist I won't force you to go with the others Maru, but if you're sticking around, put up a strong front and don't say anything, we should be able to get out this pretty easily... this time." Shao took in a deep breath to calm herself and clear her head which she immediately almost gagged, she and forgotten that the air bubble was gone.

@EnviousWorm

The way the Dai Li moved down the sewers, their hats engulfing their faces in shadows, the greens and yellow of their uniform darkened in a menacing light. They walked as if they had no priority at all. Casual, skulking almost. Maru always hated the way they moved with confidence, though a part of it was his own desire to feel the same way of his own skills.

As the two agents drew closer they held up their hands in an attack style, fists and feet encased in solid stone. Maru wondered if he could crush their limbs with their own earth, but he Shao had requested he stay still and silent and so he would remain. His hands remained folded behind his back, his sword almost seemed to shout for the steadying presence of his hand on its hilt.

"Identify yourselves," the agent on the left demanded. His partner asked, "What are you doing down here?"

Fukushimi took a deep breath before responding to the newly arrived soldiers. If he was smart about this, he might be able to talk them out of the mess they were in. “Oh, us? Just some kids training in the sewers. We thought it’d be rude to train out in public, so we came down here for a more secluded spot. The horrible smell definitely helps us train our focus.” He said, wearing a fake smile on his face to appear friendly with no ill intent. “Is there any problem with us being down here? If so we can leave, we aren’t looking for any trouble.”

NDB

Ruby followed the directions she was told. She headed down the sewers for about a kilometer before taking a left and heading down that tunnel. Glancing over her shoulder, Ruby noticed that only X was following her. She hoped she wasn't making a mistake about leaving the others behind. It only took a couple of more minutes until the end of the tunnel was in front of her. The exit was blocked off with a metal grate. Ruby tried to push it open, but it seemed to be locked shut. She thought for a moment before clenching her right hand into a fist. A flame shot out of her hand as if she were holding a knife. Using her flame dagger, she slowing began cutting at the grate until there was a big enough hole for X and Ruby to climb through. Ruby climbed through after extinguishing her flame and looked around. They would just have to head northwest to reach the fishing village.

There was still a nagging in the back of her mind and a bad feeling in her stomach about her current situation. She turned to X. "Do you think we should've stayed with the others?"

=Nightshade=

“Don’t know,” Xaraia said shortly as she uneasily clenched and unclenched one fist. “I’ve got faith in them... I think. The waterbender’s a good talker, and Broadsword could probably get them out if that fails. New Girl’s a cool, calm, and collected mystery, but I’m more worried about Hayato.” She shook her head. “He’s hot-headed, and from what I saw in the marketplace, he doesn’t have very good control over his firebending.” Her gaze flicked anxiously to either side, watching carefully for any Dai Li. “This is good. If there aren’t any here, that means they’re all facing the majority of the others. I don’t like it though...” She tightened her grip on a shuriken in her cloak. “My luck has a tendency to turn on me the second I think I’m safe. We should probably find a place to hide until the others come out.”

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Hayato was not paying much attention, until the Dai lee came. "Sir we saw a firebender, run down here, my friend over here was hit in the head and keeps thinking he is a warrior" he gestured at Fukushimi. "The basket only contains some rice, which I was supposed to sell at the market", he kept a straight face, and did everything in his power to stay calm. If I don't regulate my heart they will know I'm lying, he told himself. "My other friend is here because the firebender has stolen his girlfriend's..." his mind went blank. He forced a cough and tried to make it sound as real as he could. "Sorry about that, I have a contagious disease, as I was saying", he forced another cough, making this one louder. "I'm so sorry you would probably want to keep a few paces away".

Shao mentally face palmed, she closed her eyes slowly and exhaled. Before regaining her composure and faced the Dai Li agents, her posture and disposition was different, strong, sturdy, and confident, the way she carried herself was now similar to the Dai Li themselves. She calmly step forward and reached down the front of her dou do and drew out a small stone seal that would fit into the center of a palm and showed it to the agents.

“Do you know what this is?” Shao asked, before they could answer she continued: “This is the seal of Dai Li Force Commander Deng, I am here under orders for a special investigation, need to know only, and these three gentlemen are locals I’ve enlisted to assist me, the fumes down here are not very pleasant, I’m sure you’ve noticed and we’ve been down here for a while so they’re a bit out of it.” Shao gestured to Fukushimi and Hayato. “Now, if you don’t want to be charged with obstruction of special operations, I’d suggest you and whoever you came with leave immediately and leave me to my work. So what will it be?” Shao frowned, replacing the seal down the front of her dou do.

@EnviousWorm

The two Dai Li agents looked at Hayato with disdain - as if they wanted to chain him up then and there and leave him in the sewers. Miraculously, they gave this look without moving their faces or bodies an inch. Before they could go on, Shao pulled out her Seal. Maru turned to her, and his hands almost reached for his blade. He felt betrayed, but at the same time, had felt validated by his initial instincts about her.

Both the Dai Li and Maru's attitudes shifted as Shao continued to speak. Whose side was she on? The earthbender police looked at each other confused, offered Ms. Deng a bow, and parted their bodies. Behind them, a third figure loomed. He put his hands together and bowed as well, without breaking pace as he walked into the light.

Maru's eyes narrowed. The agent from before - Lieutenant Dag-le - was a menacing man. Taller even than Maru and about twice as wide, the stone gloves on his hands were almost the size of Shao's head. The young earthbending fugitive reflexively moved his hand to the hilt of his sword as he had wanted to all along. With the flick of his wrist and a snap of his finger, The Dai Li Lt. pulled stone from the sewer walkway and wrapped it around Maru's elbows.

"Miss Deng,it is a pleasure to meet you," Dag-le said even as Maru struggled to free himself, "Unfortunately I am quite unaware of any Dai Li business sanctioned from your father. Indeed, it must be quite important if General Deng were to skip over his interim chief and go straight to his...daughter."

Dag-le took a patient several steps as he assessed the young group of benders, a smug look of contempt on his face growing as he passed Fukushimi and Hayato.

"These two are of no consequence to us," he waved his hand dismissively, turning back to Shao and Maru, who had resigned himself to his constraint like he were caught in quicksand. WIth a signal of his right hand, Dag-le got his two agents to move in conjunction, forming a further rock wall around Maru's body, up to his neck. He could feel the earth pressing against his neck, cutting off his breath. Any attempt to wriggle free only made breathing harder. He couldn't even hang his head in shame, so he opted to stare the Dai Li Lt. directly in the eyes. Da-Le smiled a vicious smile sd he continued, "This one will be coming with us. Or would you want to stand in the way of an order your father gave to me?"

Confused and terrified, Maru turned his head as best he could to look at Shao. Was her father the one who gave the order to hunt him and his parents down when he was younger? He continued to struggle inside his personal prison, wishing he could breath fire from his mouth and set the whole sewer aflame in his anger. He spoke no words, however, gritting his teeth in fuming silence as he looked back and forth between Shao and the Dai Li agents.

"Your father's name carries you far," Dag-Le warned Shao Deng as he and his agents prepared to take Maru away. "Don't let it carry you over the edge, Ms. Deng."

General huh? Well good for you dad, would have been nice to get a post card, you have mom worried sick.... thoughts for later.... Shao was getting ready to Earth-bend her way out of there, not something she wanted to reveal the group quite yet, but she figured trying her hand one least time on negotiations, this time more for information.

"Well, Lieutenant, I've grown quite fond of this one, so would you mind telling me what are his charges are to provoke the attention of Dai Li t agents?” Shao knew her chances of getting out of the situation was slim to none, and she was entering fight mode, she knows how the Dai Li fought, she knows how to fight like them, she knows how to beat them, she has the surprise advantage and they don’t know if she is a bender, but the moment she strike she’s potentially putting her entire family’s name at stake and for what? For someone that might be the Avatar? What would her father think? Would he take action to hunt her down? Shao’s thoughts raced but on the surface she was calm and steady.

@EnviousWorm

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Seeing Maru get trapped, Hayato scoffed. "I knew I would have to save somebody", he pulled off his bo staff and whipped it at the nearest agent. The agent, batted it away and trapped it on the wall using his rock glove. Hayato, went for a left round kick to his side, but the agent saw it coming and pinned it to the ground. As the next agent pinned his arms behind his back using his rock gloves. Now Hayato was panicking, he was writhing more and more as the agent moved closer. A glowing light began to show, through the gaps of the glove, he shouted before the glove exploded, sending earth and fire everywhere. The closest agent was hit by the fire and fell to the ground, the front of his shirt burnt off. Hayato's bo staff fell into his palm. He hit the glove on his leg with his bo, before it started to break away. "C'mon water baby, do something." he yelled at Fukushimi.

=Nightshade=

Xaraia had found a hiding spot out in plain sight; she’d manipulated the water vapor in the air around her into an illusion that made her look like a tree, a technique she’d invented herself. To be honest, she was starting to get a bit worried, though. It’s been a while, where could they be? she wondered nervously. Could the Dai Li have... no, no, not yet, they might be fighting, though. But she couldn’t hear any sounds of struggle, no matter how hard she strained her ears. Of course, her hearing wasn’t superhuman; even if a bomb went off where they were, she probably wouldn’t hear it, being where she was about a kilometer away.

Still, better safe than sorry. Xaraia glanced around warily through the shimmering vapor illusion, hands tightening again on an assortment of kunai knives and throwing stars. No telling when a member of the Dai Li might emerge.

“What is his problem?” Fukushimi muttered under his breath in response to Hayato’s most recent insult, before turning to face the agent who hadn’t had his shirt burnt off. He provoked the agent, who wasn’t facing him, with a bit of sewage. The agent choked and gasped as some of the rancid sewage entered his mouth, prompting him to turn to Fukushimi angrily and attack. “Remember... slow and steady until you see an opening.” Fukushimi reminded himself as the agent grew closer.

His enemy’s first attack was a kick, followed by a lump of stone and rock from the sewers walls, which Fukushimi dodged, trying not to stumble into the sewage below. He turned to face the agent, who was now behind him, and already coming back at Fukushimi with his weapon. This might be his chance. As the agent swung down at him with his rock gloves, Fukushimi swept the agents legs out from under him, causing him to fall flat on his back and drop his weapons. Pre-emptively, Fukushimi raised a good amount of sewage from the stream. “Give up, I’ve beaten you. Unless you’d like to be covered in sewage instead.” He said with a smirk, as the agent looked up at him in disdain. The solider. foolishly, didn’t listen to his demand, and tried to get up, he didn’t get far though as Fukushimi blasted him with the sewage, turning it to ice as it impacted the soldier and trapping all but his head in a prison of frozen sewage. “That was easy enough... could’ve gone much worse.”

Last edited:
First the Dai Li agent who'd been burned got to his feet, kicking out with his right foot small chunks of stone that cut through the ice, freeing the frozen agent. On one knee, the shivering Earthbender took a defensive stance.

"Wait!" Dag-le called out. With his right fist he broke the stone prison around Maru, simultaneously throwing out his left, which grabbed the younger earthbender by his arm and pulled him toward the Dai Li Lt.

Holding Maru, Dag-le used him as a shield. He whisperered into Maru's ear, and Maru stopped to think.

"Stop fighting!" He called to Fukushimi and Hayato, "Please! I'll go with them."

Maru looked to Shao and said, "My parents were Dai Li. They left. They were called traitors, they knew secrets. The Dai Li killed them in the desert and left me. And now, I'm done running from them."

Dag-le shrugged, "That's the light version of it but yes. Anyway. The traitor bot for your freedom. Sound good?" He asked everybody, smugly.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Winston followed behind the two, covering his nose. He really wanted to create an air pocket around them as to ward the smell, but he couldn't risk showing any unexpected Dag-le agents that he's a bender.
Turns out he didn't need to wait long, as they group were stopped by two of them. Maru and Shao started fibbing, while Hayato and Fukishimi were not helping at all. Winston remained quiet, anything he said could risk this lie from the weird sync Shao and Maru had. Ah well, it didn't matter in the end, since the agents, having more than three brain cells apparently, took Maru hostage. Before he could stop them, everyone jumped into action and attacked the agents, appearing to have the upper hand.
"Hold on! Stop!" Winston called out, but to no avail. One of the agents took Maru and had him at his mercy. Not that Maru cared, as he friggin agreed to go along with them.
"Wha-are you crazy? You're done running from them? That's literally the whole point of this plan!" Winston was confused. Escaping through the sewers was his plan, what was he doing now?
He took his battle stance, and air started circling his hands. He didn't want to fight, but he couldn't risk having other people be taken.
"...Is this really what you want?" he asked Maru quietly. Now that they were one person less, their chances at beating these agents were lower than they already were. He really, really, didn't want to leave an ally behind, but there wasn't much else to do. Running might be the best option.

Last edited:

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Hayato knew they were beat, if they were to fight anymore it could lead to more agents coming. "I'm not proud of this, but we have to run. He has us out numbered, he might even have some agents under us right now", his hand was on Winston's shoulder, and his face was sincere. As much as he didn't want to, Hayato blasted the water with as much fire as he could make, causing a cover of smoke over them. Hayato ran in the way he thought Ruby and Xariria ran, this wasn't his finest moment but he had no choice. He could make out a light and soon found himself in a forest, on the outskirts of a village. "Shit I must've went the wrong way", he groaned. Before turning back, he spotted a spec of yellow in the forest. Out of curiosity, he walked towards it and soon he figured out it was an air nomad. "You're an Air nomad aren't you?" he asked her, Hayato aimed his Bo staff at her face. "I don't have time for this, if you're a bender you are gonna want to follow me" He reentered the sewers, and ran down a different way. He made his way out, "Ruby? where are you?" he shouted out.

@ThePlayfulFox

Fukushimi had to think for a while before making his decision. He’d taken out that one guy so easily, but could he really take on all three of them when Hayato has already ran off? He doubted the Airbender would stay any longer either, nor the new girl, so that was enough for him to make up his mind. “Tch, fine. But don’t think I’m going along with this because I think I’ll lose. Let’s go. Come on you guys.” He said to the others, glancing at Maru as he turned to leave. He hated running, especially when he thought the odds were in his favor. He remembered the way out that had been mentioned, getting there with really no trouble at all and exiting the tunnel nearby where Ruby and Xaraia had been hiding.

NDB

Ruby didn't sense any danger nearby, not that she could really in the first place. Everything seemed peaceful where she was, but she heard what sounded like fighting coming from the sewers. She debated whether or not to go back in, but if she were captured, who knows what they would do to her. With nothing to do but wait, Ruby wandered down to the water’s edge and looked out over the ocean. Just out over the horizon was the Fire Nation, her home. She didn’t want to go back, but unless she found another way to master Fire Bending, she’d have to. She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard her name being called out. She headed back towards the sewers and saw some of the group that stayed back.

“What happened in there?” she asked. “It sounded like there was some fighting.”

Nue looked at the boy around her age when he started talking to her. When she saw the bowstaff, she stepped back, clearly not wanting to enter a fight, but when he said to come with him, she got curious. Using her airbending, she brought her glider to her. "Kiko!" The lemur glanced from the trees then flew down to her shoulder. She resisted the urge to pet her companion's head as she followed the boy. She scrunched her nose to the smell as she followed him, using her glider like a walking stick. "What's your name? And who's Ruby?"

Shao sighed, disappointed, but not scared, the Dai Li were not the type of people to just freely execute individuals, imprisonment though is much more likely, and she figured she can get Maru out out wherever prison or camp he might been taken to. "I got you into this, I'll get you out... don't worry." she smiled at Maru before turning to Dag Le.

"We'll take your deal and we'll be on our way then Lieutenant. Say 'hi' to my dad would you, and remind him to write home when he can." Shao smiled politely at the man.

Shao left with Fukushimi, "Don't worry, we'll get him back in time." Shao assured with a knowing smile.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Winston frowned "Crap, fine. I hope you know what you're doing"
Because I'm only letting you go since I don't
He turned and ran through the sewers, hoping that he wouldn't slip and fall in the water. Smelling like death wasn't on his to-do list, although letting an ally be taken by the bad guys wasn't either. He eventually managed to exit the sewers where Name caller and Avatar were. It was then when he realized Hayato was there, with someone familiar nearby.
A girl. An Air nomad.
Despite himself, Winston paused. He felt overjoyed to have found another air nomad up for peace, but he also felt extremely wary....for the exact same reason. He always felt betrayed by his nation, what with them going against everything he was taught, and so seeing another nomad after so much time was very conflicting. Nevertheless, that wasn't the focus now. Avatar and Name caller were okay, and everyone, save for Maru, wasn't hurt from the encounter.
He turned to Avatar. " We met up with the Dai Line agents, and they weren't friendly. They...took Maru, although he kinda went along willingly. Otherwise, we're fine...ish."

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

As people began filing out of the sewers, Xaraia began counting heads. Brash firebender, airbender who faceplanted, new girl, waterbender, new girl... Wait a second, two new girls? And where’s Broadsword? Her second question was answered by the faceplanting airbender who she was pretty sure was called Winston. She felt her heart drop into her stomach and her stomach leap into her throat. On the one hand, she barely knew these people. On the other hand, they were benders, like her. On the third hand... who the hell is the girl with the lemur on her head?

Judging by the staff and flying lemur, she was probably an airbender. If so, Xaraia was predisposed in her favor. She glanced at the newer new girl and said, “Hello, and welcome to our motley band of people on the run! What’s your name?”

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"My name is Hayato Fenikkusu, and I'm a fire bender. " he looked around but could only see Fukushimi. "This is really bad, we're already one man down on this adventure to teach Ruby the four elements. On one hand we're near a coast, on the other hand the Dai Li have taken maru." he started pacing forwards and backwards between Winston and Xaraia. "This was my fault, I shouldn't have ran, I should've carried on fighting", a flame burst from his fist, as he punched back in the direction of the tunnel. "We need some people to go help Maru, and some to come with ruby. I suggest going to the fire nation and improving what you have, till you can master the other elements" he told Ruby. "Anyway, if we go to the fire nation, we could steal a fire air balloon, then it would be easier to get to the air temple, and I'm thinking too much. What do you guys think? Should we split up with half of us to go save Maru?" he asked the others