• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Avatar (AU discussion)

How many Rpers should there be before I make a thread?

• 3-5

• 5-8

• 8+

Results are only viewable after voting.

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
I’m assuming the candle is lit? And the miniature fan, is that like the paper hand fans?

Name: Shao Deng
Nation: Earth
Appearance: Shao is a natural beauty and a product of “odd” breeding. She has naturally darker tanned skin and stunning seemingly glowing gold colored eyes. She is athletic, flexible, and lithe due to her occupation as a dancer. Her raven black hair is straight but unkempt and goes down to her mid-thigh usually backswept, it is accented with streaks of bright yellow highlights that run the length of her hair. She is dressed in typical earth tones of clothing, a simple light gold modified dudou that slightly exposes the side of her breast and her midriff, but is held down by sturdy straps and buckles, the top is embroidered with black along with the straps and a brown decorative show stitching design of a brown and white Badgermole. For pants she wears long, extremely baggy light gold Taekwondo pants that seemed very loose fitting and comfortable, but modified to be tighter around her ankles. The pants have black trim running down the outside accented with brown and white highlights. Finishing her outfit she has on black dancer shoes, three solid gold bangles on each wrist and her right ear is pierced with three gold rings and 2 gold rings on the left.
Personality: Fun loving, mischievous, and a free spirit that does whatever she wants when she wants, she loves to make people smile and laugh, and loves to have a great time, sometimes at other people’s sake getting her in trouble. Despite her behavior she is generous and understanding of others though she can be quite stubborn and head strong at times as all Earth benders are to some degree.
Weapon: Earth
Bending skill: 8 – Shao and her parents discovered that she was a gifted earth bender from a young age. Though she was told to keep it secret she could not help but use and practice it whenever she could be alone or in secret in plain sight, she would secretly Earth Bend to enhance her dances and performances right under the Dai Li’s nose. One day she discovered the remnants of the old Ba Sing Se Prison, the Crystal Catacombs and it had been cleared out and was now a site of another secret underground Earth Bending battle ring known as Earth Rumble X. Shao was instantly entranced by the brutal Earth Benders and wanted to participate. She was beaten badly at first but over time she managed to adapt and develop her skills her own way. Without a proper teacher Shao developed her own unique style Earth Bending that that worked for her and it eventually evolved into a truly unique, tricky, and brutal form of Earth Bending the world has ever seen that is a fusion of dancing and Earth Bending.
Background: Exotic and somewhat erotic as well (once she was older), Shao works as a dancer for a living entertaining people of all ages, bringing joy and uplifting spirits to the people in a dire time that lacks any fun. Shao was born into a typical middle class family in Ba Sing Se’s middle ring. Her father was an agent of the Dai Li sent off to war when she was very young. Her mother was a professor at the Ba Sing Se university teaching military history and a prominent researcher, often invited to high class events held in the Upper Ring. To her mother’s dismay, Shao had no interest in academics but instead insisted that she enjoyed arts and nature, she frequently visited the Ba Sing Se Zoo and would spend nearly all day there, her mother would sometimes leave her there, but Shao never minded, she always found her way home. Because of her mother’s occupation and lack of time to commit to her daughter and the way Shao is, mother and daughter grew apart, as a result Shao became a bit of a wild child. Shao picked up dancing when she was young, her mother had enrolled her in the local dance troupe to learn and hoped it would give Shao an outlet for her energy and creativity, it sort of worked as she found her passion in the art quickly becoming one of the best in the troupe and even had the occasion to perform for the king of Ba Sing Se to which he gifted her the six bangles that she currently wears. After holding the champion title of Earth Rumble X for a while she decided to leave and travel the world, seeking to reignite her passion in cheering people up.

Kinda wordy, sorry, if you guys are taking any more, please ask if there are any questions

Last edited:
Maybe she doesn't have to reveal it right away! Hayato might look a lil silly in front of his mom but she'd probably be safer for it in the long run.
I mean, if she ain't comfortable, why would she put herself in a weirder situation?

Nvm what you did was great!

NDB

I just posted it. I just felt that her saying the words “I am the Avatar” seemed cheesy. Everything felt natural up to that point but I got nothing else.

this is the part of the show that we’d cut to commercial or end the episode XD

Was planning on her just running into the group again since she’s just wondering the city, also she does have ties to the Dai Li from her father, he is a highly ranked operative, she she can prob get the group out of trouble from them once or twice by showing them her fathers seal and talking them out of it. So if the Dai Li finds them in the city she could help out

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Our team avatar is:

The avatar
A thief
A dancer
A warrior
A sword man
An avenger
A monk

Also, where do you guys think we should go to?

It's possible, though Maru himself would never make peace with the Dai Li. However, if benders are getting drafted to war, and the Avatar is at hand, they'd probably choose apprehending the Avatar over Shao

Nah I was more or less alluding to her tricking them that it was a false report to get them off their backs

As for where to go I vote air nomads since he can already kind of do it and learn some earth bending along the way

NDB

Either the fire nation or an air temple would probably be the most logical. Either to learn Air Bending or train her fire bending. Earth bending would be the last element she learns, so at some point they would have to travel to a water tribe.

NDB

They'll definitely have to be careful in the fire nation. Also at some point, i think it would be cool to venture to the Sun Warriors' ancient city.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Yea they should do that, we could probably visit the ancient city near the end of her fire bending exercise. It would be dangerous for hayato since there is a bounty on his head. And there is the avatar there.

Actually @Gamingfan one thing Winston could do is form an air bubble around them. Waterbenders have a similar power although using sewer water to form a bubble wouldn't really help keep the smell out, haha. But if an airbender formed a bubble before going down into the sewer, they'd have a pocket of fresh air to breathe for a while. Depending on skill level, he could probably fit a few other people in it.

These tricks are also super helpful in case we ever have to travel across water somewhat lengthy distances and don't have a boat available.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
@EnviousWorm this might just be me being bad at science, or oddly putting science in a magical universe, but wouldn't they still smell it? The smell is in the air. I suppose bringing the air from out of the sewer is an option.

It's established in the ATLA universe that doing something like that creates enough of a wall to keep the outside elements out while being capable of maintaining life for short periods of time if need be; and it's done in a way that it's not master-level bending to be able to do it, it's common enough.

So yeah, if Winston used it in the sewer he'd be using smelly sewer air. Out of the sewer he'd get fresh city air and be livin the dream.